Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, tiny_gremlin said:

FYI, I don't know if you're used to getting PMs, but I just sent you one.  :)

Me, too! XD

11 hours ago, bluedragon1139 said:

Hello all.  I'm fairly new to USING the fourms, but not so much with the game.  But I have a FEW questions as I don't know where to appropriately find/post my questions without it being considered spam or whatnot (don't want to anger the mods!).  So here they are:

You could always get a mentor for the forums...

13 hours ago, bluedragon1139 said:

but also I don't know exactly who, if needed, I can ask to like also help breed eggs so that I can avoid inbreeding

Another one with possibly higher success chances, but also much stricter rules (aka you can get bans for joking around in their IRC channel ...):

You can also ask people who say they breed for free :)

⬇️⬇️

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'll breed for free if you want, @bluedragon1139 ;)

Speaking of, I want to make a spreadsheet of my dragons, see what I'm still missing. Does someone have a list of ALL DC dragons, including dinos/rares/unbreedables/holidays/etc., sorted alphabetically, by any chance?

Somewhere... One moment: yes I have; best PM it to you :)

1 hour ago, Princess Kiara said:

Speaking of, I want to make a spreadsheet of my dragons, see what I'm still missing. Does someone have a list of ALL DC dragons, including dinos/rares/unbreedables/holidays/etc., sorted alphabetically, by any chance?

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Which_egg_is_which%3F

Although some of the eggs are out of the usual order because they share a description with another breed. Still, it's pretty accurate.

If you prefer official names (Like "Holiday 2008" instead of "Holly", you might prefer the list in the encyclopedia: https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia

I'll actually POST mine if anyone wants it....

Is there a way to get two dragons to breed with a mate they are now rejecting if they bred successfully in the past?  I've got two dragons that bred successfully in the past (the pair has a dozen offspring), but I've noticed recently my pairs are messed up because these dragons are now refusing.  I last bred them successfully in 2011 and started breeding them again in 2018, which is when they refused each other.

7 minutes ago, leoak said:

Is there a way to get two dragons to breed with a mate they are now rejecting if they bred successfully in the past?  I've got two dragons that bred successfully in the past (the pair has a dozen offspring), but I've noticed recently my pairs are messed up because these dragons are now refusing.  I last bred them successfully in 2011 and started breeding them again in 2018, which is when they refused each other.

If one of them is a holiday they may only breed successfully during the holiday breeding season for their breed. Refusals are turned off for holiday dragons during their breeding season.

If neither of them is a holiday then that should not be possible for them to refuse after breeding successfully. They may not always produce an egg, but to outright refuse to go near each other should not happen and is most likely a glitch.

Edited by purplehaze

Sorry for the late reply to everyone that's helping me out and answering my questions.  My browser doesn't let me type on the forum website for some odd reason so I have to do everything via mobile and sometimes that's wonky at best.  I don't know how to directly quote to someone right but @Fuzzbucket thank you for the link!, @Ruby Eyes thanks again for your help, as a matter of fact I believe you're the first person to help me out by fulfilling my birthday wishes🎂, @Princess Kiara that is super nice of you to help with breeding and I'll probably pm you for help once I get some things sorted out!  I answered everyone's PMs and thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the help and kindness you've all shown me!💙

3 hours ago, leoak said:

Actually, if one of them is a holiday, there's a small chance they won't refuse again after a successful holiday breeding. I've had it happen to one Sweetling x Silver pair of mine. (Although I think I didn't even breed them during the holiday? It's been years, though, so my memory isn't that clear.) Just in case, use Fertility (both in season and after) to cover your bases. ;) 

@Dragon_Arbock  I literally tried everything you suggested and it still won't let me.  It won't even show the type line and even with refreshing it might pop up but then won't actually type out anything, idk...but mobile is doing okay for me so meh.

@Dragon_Arbock  I tried IE and it's letting me type! but I don't like the risk associated with tracking on browsers sites...it's a kinda paranoia thing?  I had used Firefox like twice and it literally burned through 2 laptops of mine of 'blue screen of death' and come to find out that some extensions were letting viruses in.  I used Chrome until out of nowhere my email was being sold to I don't even know what sites (mostly unsavory and probably illegal/scam organizations) that my email got bloated with spam and malware and it took me AGES to clean it out and re-up all security features in my email and my last laptop but...unfortunately it was too late...it slowed that one down that the motherboard basically was heaving like a cat with a hairball every time I turned it on.  SO now with this NEW laptop, I'm as security laden as it comes lol.  I probably will stick to mobile, but thanks for the suggestion!

2 hours ago, bluedragon1139 said:

I used Chrome until out of nowhere my email was being sold to I don't even know what sites

Chances are good that this didn't happen from your browser's side but on someone else's side who you communicated with (I actually stopped talking to someone because they refused to keep their own computer safe, which I noticed due to spam incidents).

It might even have been your email provider's fault - I know that I received spam from my own very old and never-used Yahoo address. The same happened to an old and forgotten Yahoo address of my mother as well as the unfortunately very actively used Yahoo address of an old colleague, so it's safe to assume that Yahoo itself had a big gaping security hole at some point with regards to their email adress lists.

I have received emails with spam and viruses, too, but I always used basic internet security - DO NOT OPEN anything from unknown senders. Especially not attachments. My laptop is 7 years old, and it looks like it could make another 7. It also had a proper internet security suite right from the beginning.

Try Opera ? (and on mobile, operalite !)

And use Malwarebytes (free) and run it regularly - https://www.malwarebytes.com/

(I assume you have decent antivirues ? I use avira - free and seems very solid.)

Hm. I haven't had issues with viruses in years, and I'm pretty lax. Someone got my email, but that was because my account details got hacked on the website's end (like in one of those big database hacks). I just changed it and continued on.

Also in most cases if you get a virus that bad you don't need to replace your whole computer, just the hard drive. Annoying, but if you keep backups, not too costly. But yeah, as people said, common sense, don't click things you can't trust, and run some scans every so often.

I've done more damage to my laptop by overheating it running a minecraft server, but 9 years later and two hard drives later it still works enough to web browse. (Ironically I had a newer laptop but killed that with a few drops of water and a motherboard is a lot less fun to replace).

I'm a dumb butt and can't edit my signature. I tried going to edit my profile but that doesn't work, and there are no options in the drop-down menu beneath my username for "edit signature." It's several years old and I am in serious need of updating it--could someone tell me? Thanks!

Nevermind, figured it out!

Edited by Sunrise

I've noticed that Storm-Rider dragons are missing from the Trading Hub filter drop-down menu.  I thought at first it might just be because no one was offering them for trade, but I've searched for breeds before, only for the search to come up with zero matches.  Does anyone know why this is?

They are showing for me. Do you have them unlocked in the encyclopedia? I believe the list is tied to that.

The egg has to be unlocked for it to show up.

@Ruby Eyes @Fuzzbucket @Dragon_Arbock Oh I totally know not to open unknown emails, and I think on one occasion that one of my friend's emails got hacked and sent spam to me, so yeah, I've been through that.  After having to go through enough of replacing laptop shenanigans, I drop the big bucks for Norton/LifeLock as I'm not playing those kinds of games anymore (I also had my Paypal/PSN hacked and had to go through identity theft hubabaloo so yeah, you guys can also see why I have the major paranoia about internet stuff lol).

Anyway, back on topic with new question!

If you are breeding two holiday dragons together and they are BOTH out of season, will they still produce an egg of one or the other?  For example would I get an egg from an Aegis x Desipis (sp?) if I bred them this month or would it just pop up that they refuse or something like that?

Edited by bluedragon1139