Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Okay, *when* on earth did Shimmers get their own unique description?? I could've sworn that both types of Prizes didn't have unique descriptions. I definitely do not remembering reading about 'pearls' that Shimmer-scales carry that are actually eggs! Am I going totally nuts, or is this a new addition?

21 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay, *when* on earth did Shimmers get their own unique description?? I could've sworn that both types of Prizes didn't have unique descriptions. I definitely do not remembering reading about 'pearls' that Shimmer-scales carry that are actually eggs! Am I going totally nuts, or is this a new addition?

Nope, has been like that forever. I even saw that description back when I happened to peek into the DR subforum while they were still being worked on, which happens rather rarely.

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

The order that the paragraphs appeared has changed over the years though.

Wayback machine page for Virn ze Lunar:  https://web.archive.org/web/20130709174342/https://dragcave.net/view/Vrr4b

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope, has been like that forever. I even saw that description back when I happened to peek into the DR subforum while they were still being worked on, which happens rather rarely.

2 hours ago, tiny_gremlin said:

The order that the paragraphs appeared has changed over the years though.

Wayback machine page for Virn ze Lunar:  https://web.archive.org/web/20130709174342/https://dragcave.net/view/Vrr4b

...... Huh. Well I knew my memory sucked, but goodness. I really don't remember that description at all, lol. Thanks for the replies!

In Alt Custom Sort, if I click the Breed|Growth|Name|Colour options, will that permanently resort my scroll, or only when I click 'save custom sorting'? I'd like to see how my dragons look sorted by colour but I don't want to commit to it and lose my own sorting

Capture.PNG

Has it already been suggested that older players' Encyclopedias be filled according to how many dragons they had before the Encyclopedia was introduced? I began slowly returning to the site after many years of hiatus and I noticed that in my Encyclopedia some dragon breeds of which I have 10+ are still completely blurred, not to mention it records that I have raised 0 of that breed. I would have posted in the Suggestions forum, but I don't want to accidentally suggest something that people have already suggested, especially if the answer to that suggestion was that it couldn't be done. Thanks!

It was intentional that everyone starts at zero with the Encyclopedia. However, you can still click all your own dragons for "observations".

For tougher-to-find breeds, you can check what's been linked here:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 hour ago, Starbit-Plushie said:

In Alt Custom Sort, if I click the Breed|Growth|Name|Colour options, will that permanently resort my scroll, or only when I click 'save custom sorting'? I'd like to see how my dragons look sorted by colour but I don't want to commit to it and lose my own sorting

Capture.PNG

It should only stay if you click save. (Though I have never tested it...)

32 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It should only stay if you click save. (Though I have never tested it...)

If you want to be extra sure open the custom sort in two tabs, try in one but leave the other open with the original sort - if by accident you save the new sort you can pick the other tab and save - getting the old order back ;)

I feel like a newbie with this question, but.... Does repeated 'no interest' mean they probably won't ever produce an egg? I know 'no interest' is different then outright refusal, but I don't want to keep wasting breeds on this pair if it's likely they just won't ever *be* 'interested'. 

individual pairings have a different compatibility rating 'no interest' means they are simply not that into each other, so yeah switching mates might be a good idea. They CAN produce eggs (unlike refusal) but well  'meh' sums up their feelings best.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I feel like a newbie with this question, but.... Does repeated 'no interest' mean they probably won't ever produce an egg? I know 'no interest' is different then outright refusal, but I don't want to keep wasting breeds on this pair if it's likely they just won't ever *be* 'interested'. 

They might just need a break of a week or so.

Have you purpled one of them, at all ? Sock used to reckon that made a noticeable difference to reluctant lovers....

24 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

If you only need one successful breeding from them you will probably eventually get an egg. I highly recommend using fertility on them. If you hope to get many eggs from the pairing it is probably better to switch out mates.

Thank you three! I've been using fertility, and admittedly it hasn't been *that* long, so I'll just keep trying. I only need one egg from them anyways. 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thank you three! I've been using fertility, and admittedly it hasn't been *that* long, so I'll just keep trying. I only need one egg from them anyways. 

They can be stubborn, but the humans win in the end. XD 

Hello all.  I'm fairly new to USING the fourms, but not so much with the game.  But I have a FEW questions as I don't know where to appropriately find/post my questions without it being considered spam or whatnot (don't want to anger the mods!).  So here they are:

1.  People have amazing sigs and I wish to get up on that, however I can't seem to find where people are getting them from and I'm looking to find ones that say "Black Truffle Hoarder" or "Black Tea Hoarder" or even ones like "I love -insert your favorite dragon here-!"  I also would like a personal banner or something for a lineage project I want to do...

2.  ...SOOOooo, I know people talk about lineage projects and I want to know who I can talk to or ask for help on getting one going, like idk, a lineage project tutor?  I have a couple of ideas and I just want to make sure no ones' done it yet as I HOPE to be a well-known/prolific lineage breeder (I was totally inspired by the story of the Dorkface Lineage, #LineageGOALS)

3.  To backtrack a bit to my first question, on the topic of hoarding, like what constitutes being a hoarder, like are there guidelines to it?  Like for example, to really be considered a 'hoarder' does that mean you take in abandoned or inbreeds of your specific dragon you want to hoard? or are they only ever CBs of those dragons?  Or is a collection of lineages of that dragon?  I saw a user by the name of Belisar (sp?) who I see constantly in the trades asking for balloon dragons and when I went to look at their profile, I've never seen so many of one dragon in all my years playing this game!  I thought it was freaking AWESOME and I'd love to do that too with a few dragons (I'm looking at you Black Truffles, Falconiform, and Blue Firegem dragons! *grabby hands*).

Sorry for so many questions, I just didn't know where else to go to ask them.  I feel like such a newb in asking...😓

12 minutes ago, bluedragon1139 said:

Hello all.  I'm fairly new to USING the fourms, but not so much with the game.  But I have a FEW questions as I don't know where to appropriately find/post my questions without it being considered spam or whatnot (don't want to anger the mods!).  So here they are:

1.  People have amazing sigs and I wish to get up on that, however I can't seem to find where people are getting them from and I'm looking to find ones that say "Black Truffle Hoarder" or "Black Tea Hoarder" or even ones like "I love -insert your favorite dragon here-!"  I also would like a personal banner or something for a lineage project I want to do...

2.  ...SOOOooo, I know people talk about lineage projects and I want to know who I can talk to or ask for help on getting one going, like idk, a lineage project tutor?  I have a couple of ideas and I just want to make sure no ones' done it yet as I HOPE to be a well-known/prolific lineage breeder (I was totally inspired by the story of the Dorkface Lineage, #LineageGOALS)

3.  To backtrack a bit to my first question, on the topic of hoarding, like what constitutes being a hoarder, like are there guidelines to it?  Like for example, to really be considered a 'hoarder' does that mean you take in abandoned or inbreeds of your specific dragon you want to hoard? or are they only ever CBs of those dragons?  Or is a collection of lineages of that dragon?  I saw a user by the name of Belisar (sp?) who I see constantly in the trades asking for balloon dragons and when I went to look at their profile, I've never seen so many of one dragon in all my years playing this game!  I thought it was freaking AWESOME and I'd love to do that too with a few dragons (I'm looking at you Black Truffles, Falconiform, and Blue Firegem dragons! *grabby hands*).

Sorry for so many questions, I just didn't know where else to go to ask them.  I feel like such a newb in asking...😓

Hoarders are usually self-defined! XD (Mints, for me. :D )

Always feel free to ask questions! We were all newbies once.

Here's the 'Proud Breeder of...' thread (and here's the original one.)

Have you browsed the lineage forums? The Personal Lineage Project thread might also be a good place to see many different kinds of lineages.

Edited by Lagie

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hoarders are usually self-defined! XD (Mints, for me. :D )

Always feel free to ask questions! We were all newbies once.

Here's the 'Proud Breeder of...' thread (and here's the original one.)

Have you browsed the lineage forums? The Personal Lineage Project thread might also be a good place to see many different kinds of lineages.

Yes I have!  I like the different 'types' of lineage looks, such as the checker and the spiral (I'm going to attempt this one)!  I did a search and didn't find a topic of the dragon type of lineage I want to do so I'm pretty sure my idea is indeed original, but also I don't know exactly who, if needed, I can ask to like also help breed eggs so that I can avoid inbreeding or if someone can gift me a CB egg or two to make sure my spiral comes along, because as it stands one of the dragons I need for my project, I didn't realize is actually hard to come by in the cave *shakes fist at Black Truffles* Y U SO HARD TO OBTAIN THO?

But thank you so much for the link!

Edited by bluedragon1139

22 hours ago, tiny_gremlin said:

Question:  Is there a page/group for people who talk about what Marketplace purchases they're making/going to make?

Not that I know of. Maybe start one? Sounds like something people might be interested in.

33 minutes ago, bluedragon1139 said:

lineage projects are mostly a personal thing.  There are so many different types of lineages that it's a very subjective subject.  I would also recommend the breeding sub-forms.  Not to put a damper on your goals, because I very much hope you suceed, I would at least note that the Dorkface lineage got started in the very early days of dc, when the community was very small and everyone know one another.  That's why you hear so much more about it than: Dusks, Red soxs, or De'Hengel (sp?) which are other famous "lineages" though all three of those are more like Thuweds where everything on their scroll has a certain name suffix.

es I have!  I like the different 'types' of lineage looks, such as the checker and the spiral (I'm going to attempt this one)!  I did a search and didn't find a topic of the dragon type of lineage I want to do so I'm pretty sure my idea is indeed original, but also I don't know exactly who, if needed, I can ask to like also help breed eggs so that I can avoid inbreeding or if someone can gift me a CB egg or two to make sure my spiral comes along, because as it stands one of the dragons I need for my project, I didn't realize is actually hard to come by in the cave *shakes fist at Black Truffles* Y U SO HARD TO OBTAIN THO?

catch other things to trade for them if you have to.  I have a checker with Ice and Arias I'm working on.  I don't see enough Ice so I snipe other good things to trade for them and have gotten a good bit that way.  a note in your signature can also let people know you are looking for them. :)

Edited by DragonLady86

4 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Not that I know of. Maybe start one? Sounds like something people might be interested in.

Eep!  The idea of starting a thread terrifies me.  I got in trouble with the mods by accident once and had warning bars and the whole spiel. Ever since then, I'm terrified of anything that might cause the same.

38 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

lineage projects are mostly a personal thing.  There are so many different types of lineages that it's a very subjective subject.  I would also recommend the breeding sub-forms.  Not to put a damper on your goals, because I very much hope you suceed, I would at least note that the Dorkface lineage got started in the very early days of dc, when the community was very small and everyone know one another.  That's why you hear so much more about it than: Dusks, Red soxs, or De'Hengel (sp?) which are other famous "lineages" though all three of those are more like Thuweds where everything on their scroll has a certain name suffix.

catch other things to trade for them if you have to.  I have a checker with Ice and Arias I'm working on.  I don't see enough Ice so I snipe other good things to trade for them and have gotten a good bit that way.  a note in your signature can also let people know you are looking for them. :)

Oh that is super helpful info about the breeding sub-forms, I'll have to go and check'em out!  Oh you aren't dampening anything, as I know it's a HUGE fever dream lol, but that makes a bunch of sense with the community not being as big then as it is today.  Yeah, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to come up with a suffix myself, as right now it's plain and long?  I'll figure it out I guess.  I try my best to catch what I can, as most times I'm SLOOOOWW, but yes, trading has been my main method of obtaining the ever elusive Black Truffle Dragons 😒  But thanks for the tip about the signature!  I will get right on it!

22 minutes ago, bluedragon1139 said:

Oh that is super helpful info about the breeding sub-forms, I'll have to go and check'em out!  Oh you aren't dampening anything, as I know it's a HUGE fever dream lol, but that makes a bunch of sense with the community not being as big then as it is today.  Yeah, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to come up with a suffix myself, as right now it's plain and long?  I'll figure it out I guess.  I try my best to catch what I can, as most times I'm SLOOOOWW, but yes, trading has been my main method of obtaining the ever elusive Black Truffle Dragons 😒  But thanks for the tip about the signature!  I will get right on it!

FYI, I don't know if you're used to getting PMs, but I just sent you one.  :)