Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

See my edit. I got the symbol, and the circle, but nothing happened. Then I realised that you have to have some of all the resources even if you target a area that doesn't need the one you are missing.

Another little thing: These super repair dragons will always and forever repair the log cabin's roof, even if another one just did it, and there's absolutely nothing to repair in the first place. But a super repair dragon will repair it anyway - and it only costs 6 wood... :D 

What I like about that roof is that you can hide things in the cabin, and it will move to almost anywhere when you want to get at it all !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On the Trading Hub, what does it typically mean when people don't put anything in the want box? I presumed it would mean "free", but I got declined earlier even though the trade is still up, so evidently they're looking for something else...

15 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

On the Trading Hub, what does it typically mean when people don't put anything in the want box? I presumed it would mean "free", but I got declined earlier even though the trade is still up, so evidently they're looking for something else...

In my experience it usually just means 'offers', perhaps they aren't sure what it's worth or what they want and just want to see what they get. 

1 hour ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

I've seen it mean three things:

• free (like you mentioned)
  • they accidentally chose "Public Trade" instead of "Trade" and they're actually swapping dragons with someone specific
  • they're looking for offers

Ruby Eyes and olympe* also mentioned these possibilities:

• they blocked javascript and never got the "wants" box displayed to fill
  • they're blocked from posting in the want box for former abuse/"abuse"

(* I edited these in here even though they're nearby so I have one place to link myself to in future if I personally need a reminder. XD)

Edited by pinkgothic

56 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

... or it means they blocked javascript and never got the "wants" box displayed to fill.

1 hour ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Or they're blocked from posting in the want box for former abuse/"abuse".

I've been inactive for a while so maybe this isn't a new thing, but have anyone else's ochredrake hatchlings disappeared/gone invisible? I have three frozen ones from years ago and realized today while reorganizing my scroll that the two gendered ones are invisible. Their names, genders, and stats are visible, and I can move them around on the sort page, but there's no image and no way to click through to the view pages. I can use actions on them, but there are no sprites on those pages either. Hard refresh didn't fix it. Has this happened to anyone else?

invisible ochredrakes.png

@olympe Lol, thanks, I couldn't remember the url to check that. Guess they wandered off somewhere and I should make a thread about it.

Edited by Amberfly

1 minute ago, Amberfly said:

@olympe Lol, thanks, I couldn't remember the url to check that. Guess they wandered off somewhere and I should make a thread about it.

It's just being blocked by an ad blocker right now

8 minutes ago, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

It's just being blocked by an ad blocker right now

I didn't think to check that, thanks. It's just strange that it's only those two out of all my dragons. I'll check that.

Edited by Amberfly

Just now, Amberfly said:

I didn't think to check that, thanks. It's just strange that it's only those two out of all my dragons. Are they visible to you?

Only if I turn off my ad blocker, I went over and checked 'em. Since the urls for dragon sprites change every so often, if they have 'ad' in them, the ad blocker will get them. Like right now, the female s2 ochredrake's image url is 'ADs0' so it won't show up with an ad blocker up.

9 minutes ago, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

Only if I turn off my ad blocker, I went over and checked 'em. Since the urls for dragon sprites change every so often, if they have 'ad' in them, the ad blocker will get them. Like right now, the female s2 ochredrake's image url is 'ADs0' so it won't show up with an ad blocker up.

That makes sense. Looking at alternatives now. Thanks again.

28 minutes ago, Amberfly said:

That makes sense. Looking at alternatives now. Thanks again.

No need for alternatives.  they change every little bit, so they'll come back on their own.    though, whitelisting dragcave.net in your adblocker might help prevent it in the future.

I'm working on filling out my Encyclopedia.  Do the "alternate" sprites of the Undead Dragon (such as the Undead Pygmy sprite) appear on the encyclopedia entry, or is it just the normal one?

3 minutes ago, Suzaku said:

I'm working on filling out my Encyclopedia.  Do the "alternate" sprites of the Undead Dragon (such as the Undead Pygmy sprite) appear on the encyclopedia entry, or is it just the normal one?

Every single type of Undead appears there, it usually takes awhile to unlock them all! A great way to do it is to view everything in the 'database' thing here:

Zombie Spreadsheet

(be sure to click all the different types at the bottom!)

Edited by HeatherMarie

27 minutes ago, Suzaku said:

Yes, also 'naked" lumias (both kinds), BSA bolts and Aeons, glowing Spirit wards, and corporeal celestials

So this is what my fort now looks like:

1877699707_SnowWarsM1.jpg.a511016ad1486a2d740c61c4c8ed8976.jpg

However, the things that are supposed to be there, *are* there, just not actually visible:

2024481665_SnowWarsM2.jpg.a903e2455e20afd92edb6c3c2d381745.jpg

I've cleared cache/cookies and exited/restarted my browser twice.  Halp?

You’ve gotten farther than I have.   You could still see your fort.   I am good to get to the loading bar, but then I get “Cannot Load Page” or “Aw, Snap!”  I can access everything else on the site except the game.

So, um ... anyone else not getting the life bars on chess squares when they need repair? Only by accidentally clicking them I could see that they had been damaged.

before clicking the broken tile: image.png.f0922aed7a5432af26b301518d2c320a.png and after: image.png.ffc91672ab7005d91cc8fdd50430a8db.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

6 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

So, um ... anyone else not getting the life bars on chess squares when they need repair? Only by accidentally clicking them I could see that they had been damaged.

I have that too. Also, the white dragon statue is offering to repair my undamaged Timber roof. I built a new one, and it still highlights it in green.

The roof cannot be damaged - only moved. Have you something UNDER it, or the walls behind it or something ? It doesn't even SHOW when someone goes to attack.

Edited by Fuzzbucket