Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

I'm coming to the conclusion that a Silver Shimmer prize bred with a Coastal Waverunner will only produce the latter. I've had lovely success with my prize up until this one. And I owe one in exchange for a Neglected I was given weeks ago.

And now I want to give a few people an egg from it as a thanks for gifts and help during the birthday drop. At the rate it's going, I'll still be trying for the Coastal Waverunner one when it's DC's 30th birthday.

3 hours ago, Quinney said:

I'm coming to the conclusion that a Silver Shimmer prize bred with a Coastal Waverunner will only produce the latter. I've had lovely success with my prize up until this one. And I owe one in exchange for a Neglected I was given weeks ago.

And now I want to give a few people an egg from it as a thanks for gifts and help during the birthday drop. At the rate it's going, I'll still be trying for the Coastal Waverunner one when it's DC's 30th birthday.

I feel you on this! I was breeding a PrizexWhite

started on September 30, 2020. Finally got the prize egg on March 26, 2021. I did in the time try another white and bred her a couple times to other dragons. She had never been so stubborn before the white and hasn’t been stubborn since. 😅

1 hour ago, Doll_81 said:

I feel you on this! I was breeding a PrizexWhite

started on September 30, 2020. Finally got the prize egg on March 26, 2021. I did in the time try another white and bred her a couple times to other dragons. She had never been so stubborn before the white and hasn’t been stubborn since. 😅

Here's hoping I get mine faster!

Not getting a single new Gemshard. I am trying to spend as much time I can, in the caves and the AP but no luck yet. 

However I did manage to grab a paper! So there's some consolation for me. heh.

9 hours ago, Ambzduh said:

I've had the worst luck with my Gemshards! They are always RED, I've tried not super dedicatedly but tried different days but bc I live in AUS the time zones are different akddkgidosjv I just want the new colours 🤣🥺

Are you consulting the new timetable before hunting/breeding? I'm not sure about your timezone in Aus but DC is in EDT or ET timezone, it's pretty easy to google the time difference using your own timezone and DC's timezone. 

833730286_gemshardmechanic.png.f42a0698e60eea1ed933f945cc49c6d6.png

Wasted two Fertilities to breed an alt-Nilia and got no egg, wasted another Fertility on a new Copper/Electric pairing hoping for a new-Copper and got an Electric instead, also bred 4 different Staterae pairings and got no Stat eggs. Oh yes, also tried to summon my 3rd/last GoN and got nothing.  All in one freaking day, wow. 

Saw a Silver in the Cave. Clicked, click didn’t register for some reason. 🙃

And again...

Why do I even use fertility if it doesn't help to avoid this?

Now I need to go hunting for another pink sapphire... 😕

no.PNG

I CANNOT get anything other than a pink alstro floret from breeding my florets. No pink iris, no yellow or purple alstros, just pink alstros all day every day! Don't get me wrong, I love them, but it's so frustrating.

Edit: Of course, immediately after posting this I successfully bred a yellow alstro so that's cool. Still, 10 attempts and this is my only success so far.

Edited by TGL1983

I've had no success whatsoever breeding the florets. Brings to mind the nightmare of trying to get stats via Xeno's. Luckily (I think) I don't have that many florets to wade through. They're all on cooldown now.

Abandoned a CB Sapphire (less than 4 days so it will be the first in the AP) via mobile so i could catch it on my PC, i saw it, i clicked it it was gone

I am crying, 200gems wasted ;_;

51 minutes ago, Yubelchen said:

Abandoned a CB Sapphire (less than 4 days so it will be the first in the AP) via mobile so i could catch it on my PC, i saw it, i clicked it it was gone

I feel you!
I "traded" some with my sister this way but in the end we lost about half of them. :(

1 hour ago, Yubelchen said:

Do you mean someone else dropped the egg for you, or did you try to pick up an egg which you dropped yourself? The game won't let you do the latter.

1 minute ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Do you mean someone else dropped the egg for you, or did you try to pick up an egg which you dropped yourself? The game won't let you do the latter.

The later, i didnt knew that

What the frog is this madness, you should be able to do that especially because Pink Sapphire madness

Now i am sad AND mad

zombie luck... i had 5 on the 31st, all failures (and WAY too many dodges)

tried with 7 hatchlings dying to low time... 0 of those. so i'm 0-12 on these past batches. 😕 

@lexi_ I’m right there with you on terrible zombie luck. Zombies I’ve managed. End of last year and all this year I’ve been trying outside of Halloween.  Not a single success. And on Halloween the success is dismal.

5 hours ago, Yubelchen said:

The later, i didnt knew that

What the frog is this madness, you should be able to do that especially because Pink Sapphire madness

Now i am sad AND mad

Yep, if you abandon an egg, you can't pick it up again unless someone else picks it up and drops it first.  You'll just get the 'can't find it' message if you were the last person to hold it.  Very troublesome when you accidentally abandon the wrong egg!  Or when you're abandoning for Pink Sapphs, now.

Tend not to get the breed I need out of a pairing or none at all.
It's not like I am very consitently trying to breed some pairings. But come on ratios... 4 out of 4 Lihnseyre, respectively Xol instead of Blacktips? But then two Blacktips from the coppers where I did not need another. xD
And then tried to breed some new gemshard to gift away since it was the right colour today. "Hey let's breed with a green copper, no way it will not be a gemshard." I now have a pretty copper egg and do not even want to complain. Can not breed a mate for him or at least make a stair because I lack a second cb teal female. This lineage will have to wait a while. ^^°

The almost (very) cool codes... I've never found anything this great, except when I would have needed an I it was a lowercase L and vice versa. 😿

Also, the new variants still appear in the cave always when I lose my focus just for a second.

I caught a pink sapphire this morning, a 3g, but one of the grandparents has an undesirable/inappropriate name and I'm sure nobody would like to trade a 2g purebred pink sapphire for it even if I top it off with some other hatchies.

So I had a friend abandon a CB Sapphire that I'd caught.

I knew the chances of me catching it were slim and I was okay with that, part of the game.

But I refreshed non stop for 90 minutes and never even saw it go through, next thing I know it's up for trade. 🙄

Oh well, congrats to the catcher! 

Just bred *14* Copper/lightning-element pairs trying to get an alt copper for a trade. Nope. Didn't get a single Copper out of the breedings at all, alt or otherwise.