Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

15 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I planned to sort all my dragons as soon as they grow up (and not let a backlog of 600 unsorted dragons build up again...), but it looks like the sort page stopped working for me once more.

I might have too many dragons. I might be spending too much time here.

Yeah, I know how you feel. I've been doing this on mobile since Christmas and my backlog is at least 1200 unsorted.

This week I've offered everything but the kitchen sink on trades asking for "Offers", and I'm not talking lowball offers either, only to have every single one of them declined.  I give up!

6 hours ago, littleironhorse said:

This week I've offered everything but the kitchen sink on trades asking for "Offers", and I'm not talking lowball offers either, only to have every single one of them declined.  I give up!

And I checked my trade notification and can't find your nickname. Phew~

Sometimes people have smth interesting and dunno that they want as an offer.  Sadly but I use "Offers" too, but just bec I don't know what I want instead. Sorry If one day I'll decline your offer too  : (

I've been trying to get a Market yellow sapphire dragon to be my Staterae's mate, but my attempts so far have been total failures.

On my first attempt, I abandoned the egg early because it cracked while it was still blue—I didn't know that it could still turn yellow as a hatchling, plus I wanted to get the yellow crack sprites for the wiki, so I just let it go.

On my second attempt, the egg got too many views too fast (even with a ward) and it popped. 🕯️

During either one of these attempts—can't remember which—, Dragon Cave went down for several hours for gateway problems so I couldn't check on my egg(s).

Mix of bad luck and not knowing things, I guess.

Now I've just been waiting for the Market to have the eggs up for 200 shards while I'm not egglocked.

Whew. :(

Edited by 0x08

@0x08  A few tips just based on my experiences: I generally fog my eggs for the first 24 hours just as a precaution, but to get yellow Sapphs I usually fog them for only the first 5-6 hours of their lives. Then I put them in one or two hatcheries, re-fogging whenever I know I won't be able to check them for awhile. I wait until they are close to 6days to put them in more hatcheries. Personally I've found it hard to get them to turn yellow with just hatcheries alone, but using this auto-refresher helps a lot. I usually only use it for a few minutes at a time to keep the egg from racking up too many views at once, but it's great to just give things a little boost. 

My current bad luck, why is it as soon as I actually start *wanting* certain commons they are nowhere to be found? Hunting the Desert for raffle-requirements and I have a short list of breeds in the Desert I'm looking for but suddenly they are all hiding.

edit: Complaining works! Just got exactly what I was looking for. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

2 hours ago, Essfi said:

And I checked my trade notification and can't find your nickname. Phew~

Sometimes people have smth interesting and dunno that they want as an offer.  Sadly but I use "Offers" too, but just bec I don't know what I want instead. Sorry If one day I'll decline your offer too  : (

LOL!  Don't worry about it.  I don't usually care all that much but it was particularly bad this week.  One person refused 5 different offers.  It seems to me that if there's so many things you won't accept you should be able to narrow down your "ask".

14 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

My current bad luck, why is it as soon as I actually start *wanting* certain commons they are nowhere to be found? Hunting the Desert for raffle-requirements and I have a short list of breeds in the Desert I'm looking for but suddenly they are all hiding.

Ah I can relate! 😹 I wanted to catch some of my favourite CB commons last week on my birthday but it was like they all had suddenly got fed up with being so common. I ended up staying awake quite late so I could find at least something, even though I had to wake up early the next morning... but oh well, priorities!

My scroll is just basically a girls' night

I LACK OF MALES AAA WHY IS MY LUCK SO MESSED UP

I was too slow to grab a Gemshard, Copper, and Paper from the cave (from one biome to the next). Sigh.

I guess I've been view-bombed a couple of times this week. Fogged now. CBs, haven't been on anyone else's scroll, not offered in trades, fairly common, no reason for them to get sick. Why can't people mind their own business and leave other people's eggs alone?

I've had four eggs, all of which I was really excited to have, die of sickness while I've been asleep. 😭 I warded 2 of them to be safe but I really just need to hide eggs before bed.

I hunt codes to trade them, and a while back I caught this which spells "lithe" except it has a lowercase L instead of an i. Unfortunate...5 letter word code would have been awesome, it only grew up on me because I couldn't trade it. But today the L curse struck again with this one, exact same "lithe" code with just one letter case different. I really didn't believe I could be so let down by the same code twice but here we are lol. Guess I'll have to breed them together. 

Edited by MissK.

I picked up a CB egg for a trade and patiently waited until its cooldown was over, to make my offer before going to bed (it was really late here).

The trade was gone. Frustrated, I abandoned the egg and went to get some sleep.

Woke up to see that the trade was there again...

Gahh another failed attempt to get an S1 Yellow Sapphire hatchie to freeze. T_T This one just seemed to stop gaining views at almost 3k views and then gendered before turning. Sigh. I need to figure out a good way to flood it with views while it's still an egg without dying of sickness. I don't know how some people get Yellow Sapphire eggs without killing them, haha.

11 minutes ago, Feathers said:

Gahh another failed attempt to get an S1 Yellow Sapphire hatchie to freeze.

I think theres a good candidate in trades atm ;) 

Bad luck- me being so darn behind with all previous releases now being hit with another XD Its a good issue to have tbf.

2 hours ago, Feathers said:

Gahh another failed attempt to get an S1 Yellow Sapphire hatchie to freeze. T_T This one just seemed to stop gaining views at almost 3k views and then gendered before turning. Sigh. I need to figure out a good way to flood it with views while it's still an egg without dying of sickness. I don't know how some people get Yellow Sapphire eggs without killing them, haha.

Blue sapphire egg at around 5 days and 15 hours. Put in hatcheries. Once it reaches around 400 unique views put it in the auto refresher to get to 4,000 views. 

Thanks for the advice, y'all! Several kind folks have reached out via message, too. Y'all are wonderful! ❤️

I tried to breed my female Dark Lumina to a male Waterhorse to get the shed sprite but they refused each other :( Bit too in-character, there, guys!

I need to look for another oily male dragon now...

Edited by 0x08

killing dragons for zombies ahead of time- especially now since i have to risk kill slots with earthquake for the new breed- 4/5 of the ones i have lined up dodged. sigh. time to try tomorrow. 

Some might call this good luck - but my use of Earthquake has hatched every egg except the ones I wanted it to.

I was trying to get my Shumoga egg, at 4d2h, to a large hole before using Kill for the skittish variant... And I got distracted, and then my computer froze, and it ended up hatching before I could do anything.