Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Posted (edited)

I had offered on a trade that was posted in the hub... on Saturday, I think. I kept updating my offer when things hatched or had to be stunned but then finally gave up just a few hours ago and cancelled. And now, of course, I open the site to see they are at least somewhat active after all and have reposted their trade. Well, maybe they wouldn't have accepted anyway... but my things are growing up tomorrow morning so I guess I am keeping these. 😹

Edited by Varislapsi

picked up a cantor off the ap, was hopeful it would turn out pink to match the line. it wasnt pink. grr.

12 hours ago, lexi_ said:

picked up a cantor off the ap, was hopeful it would turn out pink to match the line. it wasnt pink. grr.

I'm a bit confused by this: abandoning removes any BSA the previous owner of the egg used on it so any AP Cantor should hatch as the default pink unless you use a BSA on it yourself. Or am I mistaken?

9 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I'm a bit confused by this: abandoning removes any BSA the previous owner of the egg used on it so any AP Cantor should hatch as the default pink unless you use a BSA on it yourself. Or am I mistaken?

im sure its whatever the last action was used on it... unless i accidentally BSA'd it myeslf and forgot, which could be true knowing me. LOL.

I usually play DC on my phone now which is fine until I keep misclicking. What should have been a lovely fourth green checker instead has a CB for a mum... At least as a pink sapphire someone will be happy 😅

17 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

There have been multiple report of AP-grabbed Cantors hatching other colors, implying that at least some BSA-effects remain on abandon, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed that it's intentional instead of a bug. 

I had no idea. I will be careful from now on when picking up AP Cantor not to assume they will hatch pink. So Lexi's bad luck helped me avoid my own bad luck! :)

Saw my very first Staterae in the Cave today and could only watch in horror as my screen flashed "you are currently overwhelmed....." I may have cried a bit.

I also had no idea that abandoning a cantor egg doesn't erase the effect of any BSAs used on it. Good to know, even if it is a bug! Althoug if that's the case, I hope it gets fixed soon...

@Bodecia I feel so sorry for you! 😿

Finally saw my first CB Stat, and despite clicking right away, I still missed it. I think it’s time to give up on them.

Posted (edited)

missed a gold. sigh. EVER catching a metal seems like a far off dream now

AGH. worst day ever. first a gold, then a stat barely 15-20 mins later.

Edited by TsunamiFlame

1 hour ago, TsunamiFlame said:

missed a gold. sigh. EVER catching a metal seems like a far off dream now

AGH. worst day ever. first a gold, then a stat barely 15-20 mins later.

Don't give up, took me a full 10 years before I caught my first CB Gold! I was so shocked when it happened. 

My current bad luck, been offering a cb hatchie on different trades for nearly 2 days now and it keeps getting declined/canceled. 

Man, trying to collect the undead dragons just feels impossible... I haven't had a successful revive in ages. All failures this 31st. :<

Just saw a Dino while hunting for the first time in months and of course I missed it. 

Suddenly realizing that my glory drake names no longer makes sense.

Posted (edited)

On 8/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Just saw a Dino while hunting for the first time in months and of course I missed it. 

Right now saw gold from coast and when I press F5 my cat feel strongly need to jump on me 😒 of course I missed it

Edited by Essfi

Still no luck getting Duotone offspring from my Magnesium Amphitere x Duotone pairs

At this point, I'm seriously considering scrapping what I've already done for my lineage project of Magnesium Amphitere x Duotone and restarting it with Temple Wyrms instead of Duotones!

I keep refreshing the AP and then sitting and staring at interesting looking eggs for way too long before I try to pick them up.  🙃 I think to myself, “I should pick that up.” By that time, it is too late. :ph34r: My reflexes must be very slow! alot

Trying to build a nice checker of golden wyverns and red dorsals. Finally got the red dorsal I needed, and what happens?

image.png.d899559fc08637d8036e4efa174d577c.png

Frustrated GIFs | Tenor

@Syiren  Out of curiosity, did you use Fertility? 

My current 'bad' luck is that I keep finding Electrics in the AP but 99% of them are 2g. I know I have a bad memory but I'm almost positive Electrics didn't used to be this common, obviously they are being bred more because of recent mechanics, but yeah. (This is made even harder for me because I have a specific naming scheme for my alt-Electrics so unlike most breeds I *don't* want Dorkface/Thuwed lines (and why do so many messies have those somewhere?), so it's basically 'not 2g/even-gen but not so messy there is a Dorkface or Thuwed somewhere'....)

19 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Syiren  Out of curiosity, did you use Fertility? 

...... Knew I forgot something.

Facepalm Crowd GIF - Facepalm Crowd - Discover &amp; Share GIFs

Cannot get a second Magenta Floret. My Florets enjoy giving me other colours or refusals. DX

BSA's stick to Cantos.  It's intentional.  I remember when the release happened, and there was some ruckus over not being able to Ward an egg nabbed from the AP.

I am now officially angry over this stupid Pink Sapphire crap.  If I want to buy an egg from the Market (which is supposed to be something nice for ME), why should I have to abandon it to get a Pink one?!  I hate it!

I need a Black egg from the Forest or the Volcano, so naturally what do I get?  Black eggs all day long in the Desert and none anywhere else, including for trade.  😕 

I don't think I've seen an Aeon in the cave in 50 years 👨‍🦳