Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

37 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Yeah, I noticed that on my scroll a while back. There is a lot of green among my Nebulas. Mine snuck in quietly one ata time, though.

It's all been within the last ~4 months, for me!  I used to have fairly good luck with Nebulas, aside from one or two stubborn individuals who seem to always throw the wrong color.  I'm starting to wonder if something about Nebula mechanics has been changed behind the scenes.

20 minutes ago, sorenna said:

It's all been within the last ~4 months, for me!  I used to have fairly good luck with Nebulas, aside from one or two stubborn individuals who seem to always throw the wrong color.  I'm starting to wonder if something about Nebula mechanics has been changed behind the scenes.

I was having a similiar problem with my Vampires. If I didn't Influence, they were female. It wasn't a problem I'd had before, but then between like the Halloween and Holiday events  - girl after girl after girl - more than just coincidence. I've been busy with other stuff and haven't tested lately to see if the Vamps are still gendering female uninfluenced.

The coding changes have definitely had some unexpected results (See the screenshot thread where only one parent was showing after producing an egg or the first page of breeding/gifting for the sprite sizing problem), but most have been fixed quickly. 

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

1 minute ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I was having a similiar problem with my Vampires. If I didn't Influence, they were female. It wasn't a problem I'd had before, but then between like the Halloween and Holiday events  - girl after girl after girl - more than just coincidence. I've been busy with other stuff and haven't tested lately to see if the Vamps are still gendering female uninfluenced.

Hahaha, some scrolls/breeds are definitely just Like That when it comes to gendering!  I don't think I've ever had an uninfluenced Magma come out female, for instance.  :D  But with Nebulas I am influencing them, so it's even weirder.  I can eliminate 1/2 of the color options by influencing, but they're still coming out green way more than 50% of the time, and it's been an almost continuous thing over months - I had one hatchling out of my ~12 most recent ones turn purple!  And aside from that one, I don't think I've had one purple Neb since Dec 2020, when this Neb turned purple when I needed green!   D'oh.  It really feels like a curse at this point! 

Just had a combination of being an idiot and bad luck.
I had an egg slot free so I was looking in the cave, and in the volcano cave I see an egg that says it's too hot to hold with bare hands. I confused it with the magma egg description, that it's almost too hot to touch, and picked it up. So now I have a cool new pyrovar egg. 😅

The bad luck is that I decided to look through the caves a little bit more just to see what else there was. And there was both a Nexus dragon egg and an Astaarus dragon egg. I don't have either yet and I really want to get one! It's just so unluckily that they happened to spawn in at the same time as the Pyrovar...

Edited by FontFish

i think i had a dream last night that one of these pairs produced a white, i bred them today and... of course not.

(spoiler because largeish images, but sheesh...)

Spoiler

image.png.2af8eecd927573c75c5f07738398aa54.png

image.png.8a47d178d7c7926a184a4ac537b9aa03.png

1.  my Itus Canto hatchie is sick. :(  Looks like it may have been view-bombed?  Fogged now, but 20 hours to go for it to grow up...please don't die....

2.  I keep having trades declined...guess nobody wants bred golden wyverns, lunar heralds, or fire gems for cb cantos...XD;;  (I thought shiny = success...guess not. XP )

3.  I can't pick up the new-release eggs because of my trades. XD;; (I suppose I could pick up 2 at least...but...I'm trying to save some space available/not get locked, just in case.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

35 minutes ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

1.  my Itus Canto hatchie is sick. :(  Looks like it may have been view-bombed?  Fogged now, but 20 hours to go for it to grow up...please don't die....

2.  I keep having trades declined...guess nobody wants bred golden wyverns, lunar heralds, or fire gems for cb cantos...XD;;  (I thought shiny = success...guess not. XP )

It should be alright if it is fogged.

And yeah, the Cantor traders generally want other Cantors or something CB or 2G and rareish. 

They're fickle. You never know what will appeal to them and I don't think they do either until they see it.

@InvaderAlexis - That is incredibly consistent.

5 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It should be alright if it is fogged.

And yeah, the Cantor traders generally want other Cantors or something CB or 2G and rareish. 

They're fickle. You never know what will appeal to them and I don't think they do either until they see it.

@InvaderAlexis - That is incredibly consistent.

hmm...didn't realize cantos were that valuable...the market only lists them for 100 shards. (but then, you can't get orange cantos from the market, I guess, since market eggs aren't trade-able.)  But, now that you mention it, all the trades for canto I've 'won' are ones I've put a prize egg in for.  Oh well, I guess they're just high-demand or something... *shrug*

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

5 hours ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

Oh well, I guess they're just high-demand or something... *shrug*

From what I've seen, quite a number of players are figuring out how to get different colorsof Cantors from TRADE - not the wiki, not the forums.

On 3/28/2021 at 10:10 PM, VioletWhirlwind said:

my Itus Canto hatchie is sick. :(  Looks like it may have been view-bombed?  Fogged now, but 20 hours to go for it to grow up...please don't die....

Having a similar problem with my Zyu. It doesn't want to hatch and got sick instead. The other two (Ice) that are the same age hatched with no problem.

It's now 4 hours later, the egg has gotten over its sickness, but still hasn't hatched!

Now it's 3 hours after that, it got sick again and unsick again and still hasn't hatched!

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

I successfully made a vampire but it auto abandoned the code started with xD (both capitals used emoji when i tried to do the other way) and was bitten by I Love Everything. if anyone finds it can i pls have it back

Edited by WarEagle1996

just missed a CB gold because i was literally staring at my profile picture... i just think hes really cute...

and right after i was just thinking, "its been a really long time since ive seen a CB gold in the cave!" :rolleyes:

Edited by InvaderAlexis

*glares at dragons* This is getting ridiculous...... 12 attempts, 2 no interest, 1 no egg, 9 wrong 🤬🤬  breed offspring. 

Screenshot_20210401-163433_kindlephoto-51899783.png

Edited by foreverlokied224

Trying to get equal value for a paper egg. Right now the cost 2700 but no one wants to give much for one in trade.

@Long_Before_Sunrise Dec 1st 2020 

Edited by foreverlokied224

That's what I suspected. Seems like the ratios have off-kilter since sometime after the Halloween event completely ended (ran out of hatchlings).

The last time I successfully got a Deep Sea from a Deep Sea x RFT pair was on another branch of the same lineage project on Dec. 16th.

Unfortunately, I didn't chart what I noticed was off when it began, because I thought it would correct itself with time, but that's when I started noticing things were happening over and over in late November-December - not as randomly as before.

i know that the pairing i chose is pretty unfortunate, since whites were an original and labras came out last year, but still, you'd think id get ONE white from them by now...

On 4/1/2021 at 5:44 PM, foreverlokied224 said:

*glares at dragons* This is getting ridiculous...... 12 attempts, 2 no interest, 1 no egg, 9 wrong 🤬🤬  breed offspring. 

Screenshot_20210401-163433_kindlephoto-51899783.png

Uh-oh. I fear you might be at it for a while, I've got a Deepsea x White Zyumorph pair that's thus far (three breedings) only giving me Zyumorphs. No idea why Deepseas are so scarce! Out of sudden paranoia I just bred a purebred pair, but they aren't glitched, they are producing Deepseas. Just apparently not preferentially. :P

I planned a checker lineage with Aqualis and Astaarus, and my dragons keep giving only Asta eggs. Phew....

8 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

No idea why Deepseas are so scarce!

@Terrafreaky might have an idea ;)

I seem to be unable to find z-codes of the new releases. I'm so glad some of the z-project member share their catches :D

I only noticed after it hatched that the egg's code was (VAmSr). Now that was just begging to be Bitten.