Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Finally bred a nice 2g prize. Forgot I was egglocked. 

Dear God, what is WRONG with Monarchs lately? All they breed are MORE MONARCHS! I bred about 15 black tea/monarch pairings and NOTHING but Monarchs. No teas at all.

@Suzumiya  Muahahaha, feel my pain vis-à-vis Sapphires x anything :P.  I love them, but gosh dangit, give me the other breed already!

Scroll locked. Totally locked. I was actually locked this morning, 24 growing things, but then while I was offline a few things grew up... Almost immediately locked myself again with AP Aqualises. 

8 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Scroll locked. Totally locked. I was actually locked this morning, 24 growing things, but then while I was offline a few things grew up... Almost immediately locked myself again with AP Aqualises. 

That's kind of good luck, right? I mean, the Aqualises are what you want, right? So...er...good luck and bad luck?

I am SO trying to get a CB Tan Ridgewing. I have offered NICE things on every Tan Ridgie I see up on Public Trades...but no one is interested. How rare are these guys now!? Rarer than CB Xenos, Springs, or 3G tinsels? 

I've also had some hatchies in a trade for a Cheese where the person is simply asking for "random CB hatchies" and my offer has been sitting there for hours now. Ahhh! I'm impatient.

Missed a gaia...again...

It's been so long since I've actually managed to catch one of those it's disheartening 

Just missed a Dino, dang. And I haven't seen a single Aqualis in the AP all day. 

Missed an Aeon... and then a Blancblack... and then a Mageia Xeno. :rolleyes: Ok, game, I get it -- just stick to hunting for Siyats...

This is bad luck that I hope will turn into better, but I hatched a verdigris copper from a brute pairing I’ve been trying for for so long.  Normal hatching process, all was well.  I was offline for less than 24 hours and when I came back, my little girl was so sick from almost 10000 views, I had to fog her ASAP.  That was last night.  She’s still very sick, and I’m hoping that keeping her fogged until she’s due to grow up will save her.  All my other growing things are relatively unaffected, so someone targeted this baby.  

First time putting "offers" kind of trade in Trading Hub, someone offered a 5-letter word code along with 2 other common eggs I can't accept yet due to egglock. And now the offer is gone.

Why do I even try trading something I find super hard to get >.<

I missed a Chrono because I forgot that even though I only have 3 eggs I'm hatchie locked.

This could probably also go into the Stupid Things thread.

Agreed on an IOU with someone for metallics. Today I finally managed to breed my half.

And realized that the other person went inactive, with zero growing things on their scroll. That explains why they never reacted to my last 3 PMs ...

36 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

This could probably also go into the Stupid Things thread.

Agreed on an IOU with someone for metallics. Today I finally managed to breed my half.

And realized that the other person went inactive, with zero growing things on their scroll. That explains why they never reacted to my last 3 PMs ...

Yeah...happened to me with someone wanting a 2G tinsel. I bred the tinsel...but the recipient went inactive and hadn't logged in in awhile. That is pretty bad luck. In my case, the person fulfilled THEIR end of the bargain first, so I didn't really lose anything...but it made me feel bad because I couldn't fulfill the IOU. 

Well, I was hoping to acquire a very special mate for one very special valentine I had found this season from them ... no such luck ...

This is just my bad luck, probably. I've sent an egg to someone as a gift before. They read my message right away but didn't take an egg or respond to me for days, so it grew up on my scroll. But well, someone else got an egg they asked from that person today. I feel like crap right now because I was completely ignored, but won't complain. Just the dragon I sent to them was worth a sh** and they didn't think they needed to reply to my message.

Trying to get a PB *Mint*, the pair made one egg and hasn't been interested since, even with fertility.  :dry:   

Swapping mates isn't an option as they are CB Foolish Mints.  

Man, why can't people cancel an agreement *before* leaving the darn game? Would save me so much time trying to breed one frigging hard-to-get egg for NAUGHT ...

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Man, why can't people cancel an agreement *before* leaving the darn game? Would save me so much time trying to breed one frigging hard-to-get egg for NAUGHT ...

That would be nice. Bred a tinsel three times to the chosen mate with no results. Finally got an egg. Person had apparently quit DC two weeks before and hadn't even bothered to say "I don't want this anymore"...so it took up a spot on my IOU list at the time, and I had an egg I didn't want. I did gift it to a nice person who's been really active and helping me with my Tea lineage project, but it's still SO annoying.

Also annoyed because I can't poke the people in the trading hub. Even though that would be super annoying. XD

Trying to trade some random unbreedables (Dino, Cheeses) for a CB Silver....no acceptance...but no decline either. Do you WANT IT OR NOT!? Hah.

Bred a very...disturbing...Script baby named "bozo"...hopefully I can find him a home with code lovers. So far he's truly a bozo and isn't getting any attention. 😝

A nice person keeps offering me exactly what I want on my trades; a 2nd gen prizekin from male bronze shimmer. Unfortunately, I already have a sibling and have to decline their offers 😞 This has happened to me quite a few times with prizekins.

And I hate it when I PM someone and they just stop replying to my PMs. Not even a 'no thanks, I'm not interested' or an 'I decided to trade the egg to someone else'. And yet they're always still active on the forums, posting and all.

3 hours ago, bonvoyage said:

And I hate it when I PM someone and they just stop replying to my PMs. Not even a 'no thanks, I'm not interested' or an 'I decided to trade the egg to someone else'. And yet they're always still active on the forums, posting and all.

I accidentally did that a couple of times and only realized several days later - by that time I often feel too embarrassed to pick up that conversation again :(

9 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I accidentally did that a couple of times and only realized several days later - by that time I often feel too embarrassed to pick up that conversation again :(

Okay honestly that's fair. I get that. But a few times I've sent people follow-up messages asking nicely what had happened and they totally ignore those too.

Saw a CB Silver in the coast, and instead of clicking on it, my brain decided to click madly next to it instead... Didn't get that one. Why brain why?

2 hours ago, littleangelamy22 said:

Saw a CB Silver in the coast, and instead of clicking on it, my brain decided to click madly next to it instead... Didn't get that one. Why brain why?

I saw that one too. I missed it. Spaz clicked on a Blusang...and didn't get THAT either. Such fails....and now I have a lovely offer on my Yellow Dino...but can't accept because I am now egg locked. I can almost guarantee the person won't wait and will cancel by the time my next egg hatches (a Monarch with 3 hours left).