Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

2 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Reflex-clicked this egg because I thought it had THE best code ever.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/xFuoK

I now hate the letter "o" 😆

I think this may show the mindset that recently got you into trouble ? ;)

@fuzzbucket

😆😜😎😋

Yeah, your right, but you got to admit.  The code is obvious...

Edited by jerzeeshadow

I picked up a gorgeous silver tinsel on the dc community notice board yesterday, I log on today and it's been viewbombed overnight and died of sickness. All my eggs were sick, but that's the only one that died. I'm so cross, it was so pretty and me not checking on it today (internet has been down most of today but I didn't expect to get viewbombed so I didn't expect a problem) has caused it to die... First time I've had an egg die of sickness as well.

I got warned for being upset at my scroll being view-bombed, and for what I said. :rolleyes: Well, if the view-bombers weren't so mean in the first place, I wouldn't have said that, now would I? ;)

Eh, you can even get warned for things you do *not* say. I once got warned for using asterisks instead of an actual curse - that's apparently called "censor evasion".

(My thought was more along the lines of "Let the reader put their own preferred curse there, even if it's 'honeybunny' or something like that.")

I just noticed I need more Brutes (at least 1 male). Also female Fells and male Kingcrownes. This happens when you have too many breeding plans with commons XD

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Trying to get an Autumn from Brimstone. I just need one! No such luck. And it's for a lineage that already has carried over from a year ago for lack of an Autumn egg before the end of their breeding season last year! :(

Also, why did I breed all my Holiday eggs for the mass breed on the weekend? I still have some lineages that I need to work on extending and now I have to wait another week because all the Holidays are on cooldown. Duh! At least I caught myself before I abandoned that 3rd gen Silver!!!

Edited by purplehaze

Well, many people consider "damn", and "Hell" to be curse words, but yet they're allowed here. I just don't understand it sometimes. *shrugs* But apparently, I was telling my view bomber to go off themselves. Which I wasn't. People jump off bridges to go swimming, too. I wasn't even thinking about the "S" word when I wrote that. I just hear that phrase used a lot, and expressed my frustration. Oh, well. XD

Yeah, "go jump off a bridge" to me sounds like "go make yourself far removed from my presence" in an exaggerated manner. Cartoon characters jumping off cliffs to escape the annoyance of another, like jumping off a boat, etc. Suicidal connotations to that phrase sound forced. I've been noticing a lot more sensitivity and intolerance to language here on DC lately; I hope these are isolated incidents and not a hint of something bigger.

For me, my recent bad luck was misbreeding my Shimmer to the wrong mate. I appreciate that the dragon tiles and links on mobile are much smaller now, but yeah... misclick =p

Contemplating. Does the re-release of the CB Halloweens mean that Christmas and Valentine's may work the same way? Or should I still try trading for an elusive 2G Holly? Decisions, decisions.

2 hours ago, Nine said:

Yeah, "go jump off a bridge" to me sounds like "go make yourself far removed from my presence" in an exaggerated manner. Cartoon characters jumping off cliffs to escape the annoyance of another, like jumping off a boat, etc. Suicidal connotations to that phrase sound forced.

It may sound forced to you, but I can see times where a person may take that literally or in their mind it comes off more like, "go kill yourself". I don't know if that is the case, but... this world is full of many kinds of people whose emotions are very fluid. I know if told that while in one of my darker areas... I'd probably break down. Again, that would only be if I'm in a really bad place at the time. In the end... it depends on what state of mind a person is in at the time when you talk to them.

-breeds two dragons that I need to breed for a project-
"The dragons breed but no egg is produced"

-jokingly breeds two dragons that I know I can't continue the lineage of-
"The dragons breed and produce an egg that just so happens to be the same breed as the rare counterpart of the pairing lol good luck continuing this lineage"

This is totally just my own mentality making this "bad luck", but the AP is almost completely filled with Royal Blues right now. I want them so bad!! Royal Blues are my absolute favorite dragon in the entire game. ... But I *promised* myself that I wouldn't pick up any more of them until I reached scroll-goals with at least 2/3rds of the other breeds. I have 1,181 Royal Blues, so I really really should concentrate on getting 20 of all other breeds before getting any more of those.... But gah! The AP is taunting me.

I shouldn't complain because they are giving me eggs when I need them to... But I'm doing a project at the moment where I'm breeding 3rd gen checkers (all sorts of types) together, and each egg is influenced the gender that that species was in the original checker (if that makes any sense). But all the ones I've bred recently, I keep getting the eggs for the female species, whichever that is for a pair. I'm running out of boys! (And this project has just given me a silver, so yeah I KNOW I shouldn't really complain, but still...)

Just had 11 dodges and only one kill :x worst dodge to kill ratio I've ever had

This may just be in my head, but I used to see Royal Blues all the time in the cave, and now that I actually need 16 CBs for a lineage project they're no where to be found.

:unsure: I missed 5 seasonals back to back in the AP... not even because they got taken too fast, just because every time one would pop up I wouldn't notice it or I'd be looking elsewhere.

Tried to name a dragon 'Justin Hayward', to my surprise, someone actually had it already, (settled for  putting an extra space in the name).
But as for who has it, looked at their scroll, they also have the names 'Ammonia Avenue', 'Stereotomy', 'Turn of a Friendly Card', and 'Vulture Culture'

@TCA You've got a good taste in music.

Breeding generally has been awful for me for the last week or so - even with fertility.

However, today's experience was by far my personal worst. I had a refusal from a male Desipis x female Mageia Xeno with fertility :(

To make matters even worse the pair had bred successfully at Halloween (I didn't actually know that until I went to the breeding page). It's the first refusal using fertility I've had and it wasn't with an important pairing as I was breeding a second gen. Nonetheless, it has now made me more wary and concerned when breeding important pairings where I can't switch the dragons around.

Edited by Nakeisha

2 hours ago, Nakeisha said:

Breeding generally has been awful for me for the last week or so - even with fertility.

However, today's experience was by far my personal worst. I had a refusal from a male Desipis x female Mageia Xeno with fertility :(

To make matters even worse the pair had bred successfully at Halloween (I didn't actually know that until I went to the breeding page). It's the first refusal using fertility I've had and it wasn't with an important pairing as I was breeding a second gen. Nonetheless, it has now made me more wary and concerned when breeding important pairings where I can't switch the dragons around.

Would it be possible that this pair had already refused *before* Halloween? Because holiday breeding does not reset the refusal status, it only ignores it temporarily :( I tested this with 2 holiday/non-holiday pairings of which I knew they had refused before Halloween, bred them during the holiday, and despite Fertility got another refusal right after.

(Which gender combo and generation? I might be able to help with a Mageia mate.)

My scroll is messy at the top from Dragons that have grown up / I have frozen. About 100 of them. And I am too lazy to sort them. *cries*

*snort* Only 100?! XD I'm at ~3000 of them I think?

Stupid Vampires, you're supposed to TURN FOR TOSS not to KILL!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

There are so many projects I COULD be working on now that Halloween's over that I can't decide what to do.  I've wasted nearly three days now with nothing bred or caught.  Brilliant.  And if I breed this morning, I'll be locked for the two nights off I could be hunting.

14 hours ago, Silvynx said:

This may just be in my head, but I used to see Royal Blues all the time in the cave, and now that I actually need 16 CBs for a lineage project they're no where to be found.

:lol: The quickest way to make a breed go rare is to actually want it! It has happened to me many times! I feel your pain.

I froze the wrong damn hatchling. Does anyone have an alt dark green hatchling by chance that I can trade dragons with?