Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

OH POOP! I forgot to breed any of my CB witchlights this year. I wasn't planning on keeping any for myself, and I forgot to add that entire breed to my "Halloween" group. Therefore, when I sorted my group by "available for breeding," nothing showed up and I went on my merry way. 

Ugh, that's like 50 eggs that could have been in the AP. 

I'm... absolutely devastated right now. I grabbed 3 of the new eggs last night. Forgot to fog them-- I've never had to fog eggs before, I didn't really think it'd be needed. Came back to find all three of them as well as my CB Shadow Walker dead of sickness. The period to get the new eggs is over... I'm just sitting here in shock trying not to cry, I don't know what to do...

Edited by MyrrhDarkwing

13 minutes ago, MyrrhDarkwing said:

I don't know what to do...

Stalk the AP, there are still CBs going through. And in about a day or so, new releases are also going to trickle in.

There are so many people whos eggs died, i feel so bad for them :( i hoped you find some new eggies in the AP! Mine should be there in about one day and 2-4 hours (the first two anyway). 

My bad luck is that stupid Pumpkin that gendered male like his supposed mate! They were meant to have lots of little Pumpkins together and now this! And nobody wants to trade :(

and i missed this one in the Depature Thread! Would have been a nice mate...

I am such an idiot sometimes. I sent a teleport link to someone containing something I didn't mean to send, went to cancel it, and saw that it had already expired/been claimed. I immediately assumed that the person had claimed it and run off without intending to pay me...lo and behold, an egg that was in the link had hatched. Everything was still on my scroll. I got myself all worried and sent them a PM over nothing. Thankfully I was able to edit the message before they saw it -_-

Brain, why do you do this to me?? 

The coolest codes are always on dragons with lineages I don't want. Messy, PB, 2g with mates I don't like, etc.

Trying hard as heck all day to find 2G Pure Bred Shadow Walkers, but finally found two unrelated Shadow Walkers and they would make good mates at that. I have no Pink Males left to influence or Aeons to see if the other one will be male. With my luck, I always wind up with females when I need males the most. >__< Please gender male!!!!

Oh, and clicking on hatchies on reflex left me with a few that automatically became adults (can't throw them back now) with lineages (some uneven and messy) I have no clue what to do with. Bleh. :P

Edited by Nyxity

The website I use for image hosting had their security certificate expire a few minutes ago, so I'm stuck with one icon on rotate instead of my usual 400+ until it's renewed. (And please don't recommend I use a different host until you've sat and thought about how arduous re-uploading over 400 icons might be.) :rolleyes:

Edited by Miral

9 minutes ago, Miral said:

The website I use for image hosting had their security certificate expire a few minutes ago, so I'm stuck with one icon on rotate instead of my usual 400+ until it's renewed. (And please don't recommend I use a different host until you've sat and thought about how arduous re-uploading over 400 icons might be.) :rolleyes:

What site DO you use? I'm sick of the Photobucket ad that keeps popping up in my rotation.

19 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

What site DO you use? I'm sick of the Photobucket ad that keeps popping up in my rotation.

Postimage for hosting, Grumpybumpers for rotating. You can also try TinyPic and Imgur, but I prefer Postimage. I haven't used Photobucket in ages for that and other reasons.

Edited by Miral

32 minutes ago, Miral said:

Postimage for hosting, Grumpybumpers for rotating. You can also try TinyPic and Imgur, but I prefer Postimage. I haven't used Photobucket in ages for that and other reasons.

Cool, thanks much - I'll try it once they get their security certificate renewed.

Edited by LibbyLishly

3 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

Cool, thanks much - I'll try it once they get their security certificate renewed.

Be aware that this new forum version won't allow external avatars anymore to be used - once you change your current avatar setting, it's gone. You may enter the URL of an externally hosted avatar, but then the forum then uploads that to its own server - only the image that's currently displayed in the rotation, not the rotator script itself. Likewise, animated gifs cannot be selected for avatars anymore. The moving things you still see around the forum have been set with the old software.

Stupid AP. Not a single Omen to be seen, and I only need one more to complete my 8-pack.

Thanks Confused Cat :wub:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

26 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Be aware that this new forum version won't allow external avatars anymore to be used - once you change your current avatar setting, it's gone. You may enter the URL of an externally hosted avatar, but then the forum then uploads that to its own server - only the image that's currently displayed in the rotation, not the rotator script itself. Likewise, animated gifs cannot be selected for avatars anymore. The moving things you still see around the forum have been set with the old software.

Stupid AP. Not a single Omen to be seen, and I only need one more to complete my 8-pack.

Oh, drat! I can't remember what site I used to make the one I've got. :( Boo. I don't approve of this aspect of the new forum software. Thanks for warning me before I found myself tearing my hair out trying to troubleshoot!

34 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes, I check the News threads regularly, so I know. I use rotating avatars on multiple sites, so losing it here is no great loss to me, but still. They call it an 'upgrade...' Honestly, Invision. More like "lack of vision."

I accidentally clicked an egg in the cave I didn't want and now I'm egg-locked until I can abandon it :/

I'm needing 1 more CB pumpkin for scroll goals and I'm having no luck trading for it 

Not sure if this is bad luck but I don't usually come online for DC Halloween (except to get CBs) but I would have if I knew that we would be able to get past CBs! Oh man! So sad I missed it. 

@dragonstar There are still some old CBs floating around the AP, if you're willing to do a little digging. Don't know which ones you're after, but I just tossed back a CB desipis a few minutes ago so they are there.

It looks like the old Halloween wall is going to clear while I'm asleep. Which makes me sad, because I wanted to hunt for messy freezables in the ultra-low-time regular eggs behind it.

I lost my naming privileges.😣

Plus he cleared all my names off my scroll.😖

I now have to remember the best names I gave, write them down, and hope I get my naming rights back soon. Of course,  having to constantly worry, now that someone else will take my names.  I'm still a bit peeved at the bossman for not pointing out to me which names created this mess.  And when do I get my naming rights back?   There should be concrete answers to these questions.  I want the answers straight from TJ himself.  (I'm not writing this in an aggressive demeanor.  I'm just kinda hurt by all this.  That's all.)

Edited by jerzeeshadow

I found this nice egg in the AP but I'm out of Pinks to influence it!  It Precog'd male and I'd really like to have a female hatchling... I'm cursing myself for not snagging/breeding more Pinks when I knew I was short on females.  

I was lucky and managed to get a full set (which is 7 for me because gold trophy) of Omen eggs. I foolishly didn't influence because I thought they'd be sensible and gender evenly right? Wrong. 6 females and only one male. Fingers crossed someone wants to hatchie-swap now...

Had to abandon a beautiful checker found in the AP as after precogging it, as I learned that it would misgender. There isn't enough time to influence a lot of eggs in the AP right now (all have fallen to 2d 23h atm) so I wonder how many other pretty checkers will misgender as a result.

Waiting for four different people to pick up hatchlings from my scroll is slowly killing me...I want to hunt the AP for 2Gs before they disappear, but I'll be hatchling locked until said people check their inboxes :/

Last night I sent a message containing a gift to someone who had been active within the hour and they haven't been back online since. :dry: They posted in the trading forums, for heaven's sake, you'd think they'd have checked their PMs since then. I'm hatchie locked and this needs to go! I did put a time limit on it (which we have passed) but, oddly, I haven't found anyone else currently online who needs it yet.