rendragyn

Make CB Golds **slighty** less rare

Bruh, dat level of sarcasm was unecessary man.

ts passable, but jegus that game will make you rip your hair out and go bald in under a month before you properly get everything of for that matter, anything you need. I've never played it but I seriously spent enough time watching my ex play it while we were still together to know its a pain in the butt like none other.

Aaaaaaanwho. I've played games personally in which an items is so frustratingly rare that it feels almost impossible to obtain. I've sat there for quite a few hours mashin at keys or buttons yelling at the monster for having died without giving me ma lootz.

Yeah golds are ridiculously rare and most of us agree that it would be nice if they were more available but no one is gonna die if they're not. I won't die if I can't catch one. Fuzz wont, Syph wont, and I'm sure you won't either. Would it be nice to be able to catch our own golds? Yeah, why not. Is it absolutely necessary? Not really because despite being annoying and a tad tedious, there are indeed other methods of obtaining what we want legitimately.

"Hey, guys, look at this obvious way we can improve this game! But it's not absolutely neccesary. Oh well. #YOLO!"

"Hey, guys, look at this obvious way we can improve this game! But it's not absolutely neccesary. Oh well. #YOLO!"

Flash, I think what you're missing here is that users are emphasizing that there are other flaws with the game that can and should be addressed (like getting blockers to cycle faster or addressing cheats) before we start asking TJ to start playing around with rarity of golds to make them easier to catch.

Also, DC is a game that takes time and patience. After a while, you either give up on goals /leave them game entirely or you stay long enough achieve some level of patience to be able to keep playing in the hopes of getting everything that you need. The CB gold is not like a CB holiday or a CB prize in that if you miss it, it's gone forever. You have the entire length of your time playing on DC to try for one. It's not a YOLO situation unless you plan to hunt for the CB gold once and then never again.

Edited by Jazeki

Flash, I think what you're missing here is that users are emphasizing that there are other flaws with the game that can and should be addressed (like getting blockers to cycle faster or addressing cheats) before we start asking TJ to start playing around with rarity of  golds to make them easier to catch.

GOD yes. Multiple fogging NOW. The HORRIBLE new fertility page. The action log - we MUST be able to choose what it shows if it is to be at all useful - otherwise we just get pages of "named" "hid" "unhid"...

And the big one for me is the lag in the biomes that means MANY of us can NEVER see what drops on the hour and quite often at other times too - the page takes literally MINUTES (may recorded 7 minutes, I believe !) to load - (and that IS for people with decent internet - mine here is good and the lag thing is just as bad as it is on my shaky rocket hub in Canada - so it isn't the machine - I use a different one there.)

Also, DC is a game that takes time and patience. After a while, you either give up on goals /leave them game entirely  or you stay long enough  achieve some level of patience to be able to keep playing in the hopes of getting everything that you need.  The CB gold is not like a CB holiday or a CB prize in that if you miss it, it's gone forever. You have the entire length of your time playing on DC to try for one. It's not a YOLO situation unless you plan to hunt for the CB gold once and then never again.

Very much this. I'm 70 years old and I still hope to catch one...

@ Tehya Faye

Edit: Join dates aren't that indicative of site experience. I've been playing DC on and off (mostly off) since 2008.

Thank you for that biggrin.gif I know of many players who are not here, and several who joined much later - like you.

Join dates, right. My daughter won't join before the end of February next year (when she turns thirteen), but she'll have a good 6 years of DC experience (more off than on by then) if and when she does.

Changing the ratios of Golds will do absolutely no good if the rest of the problems aren't addressed FIRST.

So NO, this suggestion WILL NOT improve the game. It will vanish without a trace, completely missed by the over-all population. You have not been here long enough to realize that.

So when someone is ill, what do you do? Treat the coughing only, or do you treat what is *causing* the coughing? You treat the cause, is what you do. CB Golds being hard to catch is a symptom of a bigger problem, not a problem itself.

Cheers!

C4.

So when someone is ill, what do you do? Treat the coughing only, or do you treat what is *causing* the coughing? You treat the cause, is what you do. CB Golds being hard to catch is a symptom of a bigger problem, not a problem itself.

What a brilliant analogy. Thanks, C4.

Changing the ratios of Golds will do absolutely no good if the rest of the problems aren't addressed FIRST.

So NO, this suggestion WILL NOT improve the game. It will vanish without a trace, completely missed by the over-all population. You have not been here long enough to realize that.

Cheers!

C4.

That, unfortunately, is the situation in a nutshell. I know that the ratio problems have been discussed in one way or another for years now. /waves at Cinnamin Draconna

I think that, at the very least, the lack of movement in the biomes and equal chances for either breed when breeding common x common need to be addressed. Sending cave blockers to the AP is a good step in the right direction, too, as it would help with the ratios.

I'd also like to see something to be done about cheaters, but progress in that department is pretty hard to judge from the outside.

all those scrpiters pick golds up the second they drop so they would still do that

we're trying to keep the whole scripter issue out of the convo because it does not aid in the making them more available thing but to address your issue:

scripters have limits and such so its impossible for them to grab all the golds when they start to become more and more available so people would still have a chance.

Also C4 is great at explaining things and I feel that its very true that the whole thing with blockers is what will help in making them more visible and available to the rest of us. Once others have it and can trade using them or breeding with them easier then hopefully some of the hype and necessity will die down a bit causing them to be cheated for less.

we're trying to keep the whole scripter issue out of the convo because it does not aid in the making them more available thing but to address your issue:

scripters have limits and such so its impossible for them to grab all the golds when they start to become more and more available so people would still have a chance.

Also C4 is great at explaining things and I feel that its very true that the whole thing with blockers is what will help in making them more visible and available to the rest of us. Once others have it and can trade using them or breeding with them easier then hopefully some of the hype and necessity will die down a bit causing them to be cheated for less.

i think it would be funny if for a day ALL that dropped was CB golds

that would be hilarious!

all the people on the dragon market trying to get stuff for their now common golds xd.png

is it bad that i think this would be funny?

That'd be great for the people who could get on that day, but it'd render golds extinct for months afterwards.

That'd be great for the people who could get on that day, but it'd render golds extinct for months afterwards.

true

they would have to redo the ratios but thy could probably pull it off

maybe a week so people would not have to miss out

Years, my friend, YEARS. They'd be extinct for years afterwards. Just having them at Trio availability for a bit caused them to vanish for over a year.

Cheers!

C4.

Years, my friend, YEARS. They'd be extinct for years afterwards. Just having them at Trio availability for a bit caused them to vanish for over a year.

Cheers!

C4.

MAN

they just need to make certain dragons immune to it

they won't but they should....

The ratios don't run on brief spurts. When winters went insane one year - NOBODY managed to get them and an entire season of seasonal lines were put in limbo for a year.

This would not and could not work without screwing over all the ratios for everyone.

Cheers!

C4.

Wow, they vanished for a whole year at one point? o_o This wasn't after the 2013 metal boom, was it? Because near the end of 2014 was when I caught most of my CB Golds.

The ratios don't run on brief spurts. When winters went insane one year - NOBODY managed to get them and an entire season of seasonal lines were put in limbo for a year.

This would not and could not work without screwing over all the ratios for everyone.

oh i know i just think it would be funny to turn trades on their head and watch them squirm

"ITS NAAWWWT SPESHULE ANYMORREEEZ! mad.gif"

*trembles at memory of that winter season*

Springs were extinct, I think I bred ONE spring the entire season, trying each week with 16+ pairs. Even summers were really tough.

So yea, even suggesting that...... *shudders*

Cheers!

C4.

Wow, they vanished for a whole year at one point? o_o This wasn't after the 2013 metal boom, was it? Because near the end of 2014 was when I caught most of my CB Golds.

There were two metal booms, the 2013 was a small one that didn't effect too much horribly. That one only lasted for a few months.

The first where the actual glitch happened? OMG more than a year (2 maybe?) and they all but disappeared. It was horrid and I have no wish to revisit it.

Ah, okay. smile.gif So yeah, there definitely would be years of extinction if golds were forced to drop solidly for 24 hours. It'd only make the demand that much worse once they started to trickle back into existence, too. More harm than good for sure.

Flash, I think what you're missing here is that users are emphasizing that there are other flaws with the game that can and should be addressed (like getting blockers to cycle faster or addressing cheats) before we start asking TJ to start playing around with rarity of  golds to make them easier to catch.

Also, DC is a game that takes time and patience. After a while, you either give up on goals /leave them game entirely  or you stay long enough  achieve some level of patience to be able to keep playing in the hopes of getting everything that you need.  The CB gold is not like a CB holiday or a CB prize in that if you miss it, it's gone forever. You have the entire length of your time playing on DC to try for one. It's not a YOLO situation unless you plan to hunt for the CB gold once and then never again.

What I think know you're missing is I never said to screw with the ratios and make Golds easier to catch - don't take censorkip.gif out of my mouth - I, for one, want scripters to be dealt with. And if the blocker issue needs to be fixed first, then fix it. And I presume that will naturally come with a decrease in the rarity of Golds.

Again, 5 years. That's utter censorkip.gifcensorkip.gif. If you don't get that, oh well.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Cheers!

C4.

*sigh* Read my above post.

What I think know you're missing is I never said to screw with the ratios and make Golds easier to catch - don't take censorkip.gif out of my mouth - I, for one, want scripters to be dealt with. And if the blocker issue needs to be fixed first, then fix it. And I presume that will naturally come with a decrease in the rarity of Golds.

Again, 5 years. That's utter censorkip.gifcensorkip.gif. If you don't get that, oh well.

By "play around with," I mean to adjust the ratios. This is a last resort type of suggestion.

After six years of playing, I have only one CB gold that was a gift. I have not caught one in my time that I have been playing. Sure, it's frustrating, but I've learned to adjust and hope that I can one day catch one on my own.

You haven't been playing very long, so you obviously haven't had the experience of waiting that long to try and catch one. I don't understand why you are so frustrated over everyone else's responses.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

By "play around with," I mean to adjust the ratios. This is a last resort type of suggestion.

After six years of playing, I have only one CB gold that was a gift. I have not caught one in my time that I have been playing. Sure, it's frustrating, but I've learned to adjust and hope that I can one day catch one on my own.

You haven't been playing very long, so you obviously haven't had the experience of waiting that long to try and catch one. I don't understand why you are so frustrated over everyone else's responses.

Yeah, I know. And I never said to adjust the ratios first.

Okay, good for you. Kudos to you for your patience, but all I'm saying is, waiting 5 years... it's unreasonable.

The entire suggestion is about adjusting ratios. And I never mentioned anything about what order you or anyone else wants to go by to deal with rarity. I was saying that there are better methods to try before this one.

Edited by Jazeki