Dirtytabs

Tabs DRAWS for your ENTERTAINMENT and EDIFICATION

*giggles* oh poor little Waterhorse. What did it ever do to you, Celestial? Wow. I love it.

You all like to see him suffer.

*giggles* oh poor little Waterhorse. What did it ever do to you, Celestial? Wow. I love it.

NOTHING! Because he is powerful and nothing can stop him from doing it.

The waterhorse should just be glad he's not getting those stars rubbed in his face.

user posted image

I'm sure there are many things on the celestial-level plane, and we're free to make stuff up, biggrin.gif like how cassares aren't the only magic-deadening entities, though they're the only ones we know now.

Scarred for life!

SCARRED FOR LIFE.

The Celestial is so cruel. The Waterhorse is so small and the Celestial is so big. The Waterhorse can do nothing. Nothing.

Why are you so great at these? Look at that grin.

I guess it's arms and chest are phased in now too. How would that even look like? xd.png

user posted image

I don't feel I should have to say this, but: this isn't meant to make light of the events in the U.S. and subsequent debates about racial disparity. Those are serious. This is not serious.

I must have missed this before, I haven't seen it. This is awesome! I do like the idea of that dragon seeing black/white in different colors, that would be so confusing and weird.

It has taken me a bit of time to compose myself. As the WaterHorse is my Water Spirit Dragon, I do not know how to take this repeated torture upon my gentle psyche. While I was recovering in the mental ward I think someone may have once locked (or attempted to lock) you in, I have composed this inspirational prose:

A waterhorse dragon was walking along a beach upon which thousands of starfish had been washed up during a terrible storm. When she came to each starfish, she would pick it up, and throw it back into the ocean. People watched her with amusement.

She had been doing this for some time when a man approached her and said, “Waterhorse Dragon, why are you doing this? Look at this beach! You can’t save all these starfish. You can’t begin to make a difference!”

The waterhorse stood still. But after a few moments, she bent down, picked up another starfish, and hurled it as far as she could into the ocean. Then she looked up at the man and replied, “Save them? I HATE Them! And I'm not going to have them littering MY Beach!”

The old man looked at the waterhorse inquisitively and listened as she explained about all the horrors of starfish and thought about what she had done and said. Inspired, he joined the waterhorse in hurling starfish back into the sea. Soon others joined, and all the starfish were thrown back into some other waterhorses' sea for them to probably throw back on the beach later. Hopefully there was another nice watery place for the waterhorse to go refresh other than the ocean as now it was once again littered with evil, vile starfish!!!

-Maybe slightly (mostly) plagiarized as I imagine it is as hard to write as it was to draw in straight jackets and chains.

However, much love for the artwork. Also, calling on the Great Oh My GoN! For Assistance. Probably some Avatars Too. Gonna Beat that Celestial back to Another Plane of .... Whatever...

Edited by natayah

^^<- lazy carets. Thanks! Maybe that's why he's on cleaning duty again. Not because he's black, but because he sees psychedelic patterns and opposite hues on everyone.

I've been so mean to that one waterhorse. But if that's the price to pay for a waterhorse-ized short story, it is worth it. Maybe she should consider moving to a lake. Lakes don't have starfish. Starfishes. Water crawlies.

I, of course, demonstrated my sanity and left the mental ward the usual way, i.e. via the window.

user posted imagebiggrin.gif

May Odeen never explain phasing in detail.

The next round of my Celestial Breeding.... Allllll Waterhorses Baby. I think this needs to be a thing.

Make some! Start a light blue lineage!

OMG I so much love the Puns.... I gotta kinda admit I'm not used to NOT being the superior person in the room when it comes to horribly bad wonderful puns. I mean, it's not like I don't deliver some here and there, but you more than take the cake. You are a tripe threat, Tabs. You can Pun, Art, AND are all over the Forum like a Ninja. Your arts and puns reach far and wide and are beyond fantastic.

I know you have done some really awesome art pun inspired arts from Clya's Raffles (which everyone should check out if they have not already because it's beyond awesome and is one of my Top 5 Favorite threads, including this one). But could you also do something about the Happy Birthday Gifting Thread (which you mod) cuz I also think it's awesome and I am sure there HAS to have been some punny experience from there... and if not, maybe some of your followers here need to go make some of that happen.

And I love the dragons Sun Dragons Bright Yellow that I'm blanking on their names. I think they are one of the most under appreciated dragons and I have no idea why I love them so much and I've decided to add them to the list of CB dragons I want to expand on my list.

(Hey BTW, I got over my OCD must have low scroll page number thing and am now scrambling to add a bunch of CBs to my scroll... it is so weird for me, so I'm going to also come hunt you for some of your really awesome common checker combos to add those too and I promise to get you some naughty code swaps I just am so over idea excited I"m kinda shaking with brain energy and cannot seem to accomplish anything cuz I'm too excited about too much. THANKS!!!)

Edited by natayah

Oh my GoN! XD The look on its face, it's so happy to have won. :') My scroll's Yellow-Crowneds are kind of on my naughty list at the moment (Because of how dominant they are when breeding. Beautiful design but do they know they're not rabbits??) but this one is adorable. :3

Also @natayah your retelling of the "starfish legend" is beautiful. Very inspiring!

Edited by Denwayasha

@Natayah: You're welcome! I visit here, visit there, lurk around. There's something personal that Clya's Raffles has that Birthday Gifting doesn't, probably something like the potential to share gifts with mystery people, or gifts going out at random, not because of personal lists. It's just the nature of the threads, and I don't super mind BG being small.

Sun Dragons Bright Yellow, ha! I don't blame you. They sort under "sun-crowned", after all.

YES! Make your scroll's page number climb. MAKE THOSE NUMBERS BIG! I used to be like that so I could find my dragons more easily, but I couldn't be that way for long. Get excited, and make plans! And give me naughty offspring soon! (Er, watch out about using "OCD" - it's a term for a specific disorder that's No Fun to have.)

@Denwayasha: I think they still love producing their breeds (rabbits :I), but they make some really cool light, bright lineages with the blue and yellow, and the purple light is a nice touch. It took a few dozen AP tosses just for this, but it looks great.

@Tabs I totally get how special the Clya Raffles are, She does so much amazing work and it's so genuine it just shines through. And I think that is what has drawn and created such a strong community where people have nothing but love and joy, I wish there was a magical simple nugget of wisdom she could share that would make a lot of other player events just as special,But some things just grow organically and that's not something you can really reproduce without a wise grounding niche markets,And that's not 100%. Sometimes it never really works and you have to move on.

However..... with Clya's Birthday looming,and I know a bunch of people who want to get her special thank you'd..... I know you've done dragons popping out of cakes, but I am determined to find a Clya worthy birthday pun and gift, No pressure. My muse has a week. We'll see if I can do it,

And as for OCD,I promise I don't joke about it without great reservations.Virtual excess paralyzed me as much if not more than irl clutter.It goes back to my mother being a functional hoarder and not allowing me to throw away anything,This isn't the first game it's been an issue in and has caused me irl panics. As stupid as that sounds,and I'm not really the personality normally for it and is certainly not on the level for people who are plagued by it on almost everything,,Howver, I guess due to some irl personal changes, after Vhale TMB raffle and me wanting to participate in future ones. And it meant by now I'd have to hunt and trade for some things to grow my scroll. Also like the idea of trading nice dragons for some CB gatherings sounds like a win win,

Thanks for the wonderful art, it has inspired so much and I reworded my prior posts in my thread due to your post, and actually broaden its focus for what I really want to do. Maybe it will work maybe not, but thank you for this too. Time to find me some lovely yellow citizen CBs and Checkers!

Thanks muchly!

Edited by natayah

Oh yeah, I've wanted to give Clya a little something for all her work. You mentioned on her raffle thread that she must be a cyborg, so maybe I can play off that (hush hush, she totally doesn't ever visit this thread, so it'll be our secret). All that energy and enthusiasm - I couldn't ever keep it up. My opinion is that it's 100% okay to abandon something you've been running, due to life or lack of interest, so I'm happy that players who run events enjoy what they're doing.

Oh, I had no idea. I don't know what to say. I just had an automatic response when I thought a term was being flippantly applied, and I'm sorry for assuming. Well, as an online thing, DC is a better collection outlet, I hope.

Ooh, speaking of the gifting thread, "Swapping and gifting is how they meet people" is pretty much how I learned about a bunch of users on the forum. A large part of my post count is from offering eggs on the departure board. As a new player, it amazed me that people are able to catch and breed "rare" things and just give them out willy-nilly.

@Tabs - Don't you dare be sorry! I mean you can be if you really want but I meant to apologize to you first because in my thread I realized when I re-read what I had posted about the Birthday Gifting Thread if, read a certain way, it made it sounds like only a few people participated and that there was a super need of help because only a few people had to work night and day to make it happen ... and it is certainly not that way. There is a dedicated group of kick butt gifters but it's not like you don't have plenty of awesome participates so I changed my phrasing of it and I'm sorry if it sounded that way when you first read it!!!

Ok, now that we are done being sorry about dumb things, I want to request a drawing, but it totally has to do with my online OCD Freaking Out if I think I'm Hoarding "Disorder" (I jokingly call it a disorder because if it only exists online, does it really exist sorta paradox... and is in no way meant, as I point out again, to diminish what real people with this as a REAL large thing experience).... anyways....

Before I quit my last mud... and I won't give it's name because I never do, but for those who don't know what a mud or a mu* is, its like an old school unix or DOS game where you play the game and all you get is text. There are no visuals, so you kinda make your own visuals, but it's the way many of us did gaming for years, the way many people still do gaming, and I prefer it to video so much that I won't and don't play games with graphics (2 tiny exceptions and those don't count due to various reasons).

But for a "2D world", it was the most "immersive" 2D world I've ever been in via text alone. I mean it's text was REALLY good. Like high end MUSH level of details on designs of everything in a normal mud. It was kinda weird. But anyways, I learned, much to my horror, that I can in fact LOVE being a Barbie Girl playing Barbie Dress up for HOURS on end.... If you cannot imagine my horror learning this about myself as I never imagined I would ever be that type of girl... well... it seems buried somewhere deep inside of me it is a possibility. And I collected and carefully cultivated a collection of clothes, shoes, accessories, jewelry, etc on top of the necessary magical items and armor and weaponry one needed to go fighting or whatever one might do to protect themselves during their travels and hunting in a fantasy type game.

Yet at the same time they would have limited time sales of things so I would have to buy in bulk in case something broke and I couldn't replace it or if I wanted to resell it later, etc. etc. And on top of that I have a limited amount of storage per character so you create characters that do nothing but Hold your Stuff (Storages, as most people call them across platforms as far as I know). And on top of that I was to constantly organize and reorganize things and try to have as little as possible but yet have to have so much extra than I really want and I am in this never ending battle with myself which created many hours of sorting, on top of many hours of picking out my outfit for the "day" (yes I had to change outfits every day, sometimes multiple times per day, and I wasn't even the worse. I had a friend who changed her outfit at least 3 times a day because otherwise she could never get thru all the outfits she had during the course of a month or longer and she always looked fantastic!! So much love!!). But there was only a small limit of what I could keep my what I shall call my "closet" vs my "Storage Characters" so I had to limit out my favorite items....

I hope this better explains why I said I have an online Viritual OCD issues... I AM SO GLAD I LEFT THAT GAME... but there are times where I feel this pang where I want to go back, But I won't because that would certainly be the death of me and I would one day have a clothing anxiety breakdown of virtual items and just run out screaming...

BUT - I am nothing like this irl!!! I hate clothes, I hate shopping, I hate accessories, I don't care what my closet looks like, I want to throw out as much stuff as possible and live a limited life as much as possible and generally don't even want to access or deal with the junk I have and HATE playing dress up and want to death ray kill females who are like that.....

So could you maybe draw some sort of juxtaposition of my Barbie Online Self having a grand time playing dress up and/or sorting thru piles of fabulous things and my irl stuff wanting to kill her or being the total opposite?

Because, while I was horrified to learn this deep secret about myself I never knew until that game came along... I think it is hysterical too and the reason I joke about it is because... not to make light of it... but it is just so ... oxymoronic it shouldn't exist and yet it does. Thank goodness I'm now old enough where I've grown up enough where it doesn't bother me anymore or as much. Like I said, there was a reason I "released" and/or "killed" almost every single "messy lineaged" dragon when I changed from wanting messy lines to wanting clean lines. I wouldn't let myself evolve from the silver to the gold trophy until I had finished. I was that bad. Thank goodness that is over.

AND NO this is not chat whatsoever, it is critical background to my art request! Or you can make the art request involving my crazy "dragon quota page numbers if you prefer as well if you want it to involve dragons instead. Or Barbie Dress Up with Dragons I don't care whatever! I have something for someone who starts with a C I'm gonna send via PM because I wouldn't want them to see it and it will be lost in this large block of text I like to post....

BTW... I need to change my banners the fantastic Tecca made to update the name of that Thread... I am not going to ask you cuz that is not what you do but that is something a few other people do and I'll bug Tecca First. Thanks for being you! As you can out-pun me, Tabs, you will always be my Hero who can Do no Wrong. You may not do everything Right because sometimes Dyslexia kicks in and you might do it Left instead, but certainly nothing Wrong! Rock on!

Edited by natayah

Wowie, I used to play a MUD, and trying to imagine one that offers so many clothes and accessories is really odd, since it sounds like a fantasy game with armor and fighting. Granted, the one I played had no pictures except maps, although there were lots of things that didn't add stats but just changed someone's appearance (but still no pictures). If any game offers a bajillion appearance modifiers, it could be a time sink.

I have an idea in my head of a Barbie dressup natayah and one sitting beside her. Hm. NO MORE IDEAS! I need to concentrate on this.

Oh I can do wrong. I am not perfect! If I did everything right, I wouldn't have anything left. Oho ho.

Edited by dirtytabs

I would love to see a female ND's reaction to this boy getting all worked up over being called pretty

(in my head female NDs are the badass of NDs, I just love their horns)

user posted image

Being neglected dragons, they don't actually have meaty hips. But it's for a joke, you know?

OH That bottom panel though!! XD I imagine that the male Neglected would get along well with that Whiptail from earlier in the thread considering they've got similar taste in music.

lol I love it! I absolutely adore the female ND's reaction in the first panel. Priceless!