TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

Though, does anyone look at those gemstones hatchies, recalling Link's tunics from Ocarina of Time?

Oh my goodness yes! Now I'm tempted to give my Gems either LoZ-themed names or Hoenn-themed (as in the Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Pokemon games) names. *goes back to playing MM 3D while waiting for eggs to hatch*

Hmm... When sorting by breed it looks like the Plates sort between Coastal Waverunners and Coppers, so yeah maybe their name is Colossal/Colossus something, the Gemstones sort between Frostbites and Geodes, and the Puddles are between Stripes and Yellow-Crowneds. Name predictions anyone? c:

Locked at the moment with three Gems, two Plates, and two Puddles, but they won't hatch until sometime on the 1st, with one of the Plates hatching later than the rest. Might be even a little later than that since I was careful about putting them in hatcheries.

Incubated one of my "cookie dough" eggs, and now I have an adorable red hatchie wub.gif Few more hours before the other one hatches and now I'm wanting to see what color it'll be biggrin.gif

My first gem hatched and it's a pretty blue hatchie. <3

Thank you all for a fantastic event, the hatchies are cute and the eggs are dropping at just the right rate - one of the best releases I've taken part in, definitely an experience I'd like to repeat. smile.gif

*starts obsessively poking her 4d1h eggs*

So, it looks like the gems are coloring randomly? That's good then.

A lot of eggs are being poked today. It's a surprise no one's been bitten yet. xd.png

I believe so. My friend said that three of his hatched. Two blue and one red so far. I'm hoping to get one of each, but I'll be happy with at least two different colors. ^^

I have a very active hatchery so I put them in for a while, usually no more than 15 or 20 minutes at a time When they've gotten a few hundred hours on them, I leave them in for longer times... One or two get sick once in a while if I leave them in too long, but I just hide them for a while and everything's ok...

I was going for more new eggs... and I caught a cheese and a copper in the jungle. I've NEVER caught a copper before. o.o I'm SO shocked I pulled that off.

... Part of me is wondering how many gemstones I can trade the cheese for though. xd.png

EDIT: Also, just from observing what's happened with my friends and my gemmies, I think they randomly color like nebbies, except without the gender association. Personally I'm happy about that, and it's tempting to want to do a matched-color lineage... it'd be a headache, but lots of fun at the same time! Think about it - male red gem x red Nebbie might be the CB pair. The colors of the offspring would then be matched with the appropriate color mate to keep the thing going. Say the red CB pair bred a green Nebbie baby. You'd match him with a female green gemmie. Then they make a male blue gemmy, so you breed him to a blue Nebbie. Female blue gems would probably be matched to purple Nebs, or else both would be line-enders... haven't decided. Same with female red and male green gems. Getting the right colors to keep it going for a while would be maddening, but that's the whole appeal, the challenge!

Edited by Lurhstaap

Awww so cute :3 My cookie eggs hatched into a baby red and blue. Hoping for a greenie out of my third egg. Thanks again spriters, the adults shall not disappoint I'm sure <3

I have three gemstones. I desperately hope they're not all red! If they're all green, it'll be okay though. Blue is meh. I at least want one green one. I have the perfect name in mind if it's female. laugh.gif

I'm at the point where I've stopped poking with the stick and started bashing, trying to 'help' it hatch.

First hatchie went red! I hope my next one goes green or blue, and then I have to wait a whole 3 days for my next one... dry.gif

I wasn't able to incubate so my first batch won't hatch for another 22 hours. I hope for at least one blue.

My other Drippie finally hatched, so I can go snag another Gem!

ETA: Annnd that's done and I'm stuffed to the rafters again.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I have:

Green - influenced male

Green - influenced female

Red - influenced female

I almost match you, but my red is influenced male.

My first Gem baby hatched and it's Blue. wub.gif

Edit: And just caught another Gem. Missed a CB Ice, but caught a Gem. ^^

Edit #2: Ou~ Another one hatched and it's Red! <3 C'mon number three. Be green. You can do it. I believe in you!

Edited by Syiren

I almost match you, but my red is influenced male.

I influenced the current hatchling male and it came out red, but I don't believe influences would really affect color, seeing as TJ has it set up so that there's dimorphism in all three colors?

Got myself locked with a fresh bunch of new, shiny eggies; 2 armor, 2 gemcookies and 3 drippers :3

Now for the influencing and incubating (here's hoping I have enough dragons off cooldown!). I hope I get at least one green Gemcookie from my new 2 eggs. Their colours seem to be quite random O_o

First gem hatched and it's a blue. Happens to be one I influenced male.

Currently wondering if they're completely random or if the CBs are random and bred ones will inherit the parent's color, guess we'll find out later on.

And just found a CB Ice, yay. (Not that I really want it xd.png Oh well, they trade nicely) Gonna hatch a few AP eggs before going for more gems, AP always gets so low on time during releases.

Got one of each color out of my first batch! trying to grab another set buuut of course it's not gonna be easy xd.png

My first gem hatched red, darn, was hoping for blue (my favor color out of the three). Oh well, I'll be getting sets of all three colors anyway.

Awww, I missed the initial drop and now I'm scroll-locked. xd.png Ah well, I'll be keeping my eye out for them in the jungle and forest later. xd.png