TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

A Red hatchie I had grew up so I was able to incuhatch one of my gemstones! Got a green. No gender, I want to be surprised~

That would be amazing!

Btw, what does "ETA" mean? I see people using that on edits all the time but the only meaning I know for that is "estimated time of arrival".

In this context, it can also mean "edited to add".

My first Gemstone is blue! It was incubated and influenced male, for those who are keeping track of such data.

My first pair of condensations will hatch in another 6 hours.

Plates hatched at:

1. 3,338/475/0

2. 3,168/446/0

Gem at:

1. 2,702/382/0

This release is awesome! I sense, though, that the drippies are inferior in popularity. The Gems and Plateds are much more popular, which is alright with me! I like them too, tho

Last one hatched red, so that makes two reds and one green. Both incubated, none influnced. With color uncertain, I didn't want to influence in case I influenced two of the same color the same gender, I would rather leave it completely up to chance.

Oh, I'll definitely be in on that gemstone-swapping. Got 2 reds and 1 green from my trio. Just grabbed a fourth, so I'll see if it hatches blue! Get the impression the colors we get are pretty random. biggrin.gif

Loving the release so far! Just hope all of them will be pretty easy to get from now on. :'D

my female influenced gem hatched green, and the male hatched red! picked up another three gemmies; hopefully I get at least one blue one out of this bunch, the blues are my favourite colour so far! my drippy babies hatched, too, so I picked up another breeding pair of them. my plated eggs are being stubborn, but that was to be expected cx not sure if I'll pick up more of them when they hatch or go for more gemmies - they're my least favorite of the release so far [although still super cool looking!], so I'm not sure if I really want more now or if I want to try my luck for a more even ratio of gem colours and genders.

that aside, awesome release so far! thank you so much to TJ and spriters; these little dragons are all so precious <3

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

I have three more Gems to hatch and I'm hoping at least one of em's green. I'll worry about having matching pairs later. ^^

so far despite being stuck on mobile for the entirety of this release i have caught 4 gems 2 puddles and 2 plates

i think im getting good at this

Well dang. Apparently I can't even compete with 30-odd people for eggs. :/ Dang people and their faster internet.

so far despite being stuck on mobile for the entirety of this release i have caught 4 gems 2 puddles and 2 plates

i think im getting good at this

I'm always on mobile, I find it to be a better hunting experience, actually.

So when I tried to catch my third gem earlier, I accidentally misclicked a BB Wyvern. In about 2 secs, I went to my vamps and bit it. AND IT REPULSED. Wat. I'm so lucky. Went back and caught another gem within like .5 secs.

cool.gif

Six of my eggs hatched and I was able to pick up another pair of each species. Hooray for common releases!!!!!!! laugh.gif

Woke up to find my Gems had hatched into one of each color! yay!

Bah I misclicked 3 eggs, tried biting all three, killed two, the last turned vamp. Neither outcome is favorable! D<

Misclicked another and another vampire. Go figure. 2/2/0. XP

Edited by zaverxi

I suspect that part of the issue with slow-hatching dragons requiring a lot of Views may be related to the fact while much higher View rates are required for hatching with lousy Unique Views, the more they're out of balance, the more Views seem to be required.

You can see that the U Views on mine are very low, but not so badly imbalanced as those with thousands of Views and equally low, or even lower U Views, and mine didn't get Sick at any point and hatched on time.

Mine were all Incubated, Fogged overnight and hatched at 4D, mostly the instant I unFogged upon getting up (with good timing, for a change, lol) so all were re-Fogged shortly after hatching, except for the last, just slightly younger and later hatching Plate, at top:

(YJ639) Hatchling Actions 1,520 525 15 Stripey

9xAQf (9xAQf) Hatchling Actions 1,995 590 9 Plated

QRPXd (QRPXd) Hatchling Actions 1,715 602 11 Plated

kfB2S (kfB2S) Hatchling Actions 1,523 520 13 Gem

S7y7g (S7y7g) Hatchling Actions 1,485 490 9 Gem

sHxFV (sHxFV) Hatchling Actions 1,456 482 9 Gem

I've seen various posts by people who've had to Fog their Plate eggs due to Sickness with thousands of Views and thought that mine would take forever to hatch, but normal posting, with one extra fansite added in for the Plates for some hours, worked well on these.

So, sorry about the repeated fansite mentions, but a lot of people don't seem to yet understand, since it's so rarely mentioned, that the fansites can only give out what we, the users, put in and that if we don't give back to the fansites we use, not only the Views but *the U Views that each IP can give each egg only once* will be sorely missed and result, at best, in the slow cracking and maturing rates now common among our growing dragons.

The sad thing is that View rates are a little less horrible than usual just from incidental U Views landing on a few dragons here and there from people entering dragons into fansites without staying to View, and once this initial flurry among the fansites is done, the ratios will further deteriorate again...

If we could each, whenever possible, run each fansite we use for even a half-hour after adding dragons for the first time that day, it would probably help enormously, even if we went back to do it later in the day.

And going by what I've seen so far, I don't think ERing will work well on the Plateds, as the numbers will be even more extremely out of whack and require even higher Views, risking a potentially dangerously high degree of Sickness.

We were all looking at the time it took TJs Plates to hatch after his other new eggs already had, thinking that it would take MANY more Views than usual to get ours to hatch as well, but it now appears likely that they were simply too grossly out of whack on the U View ratio and that the extra-tough shells may have been programmed in and reacting more to this..

Just thought I'd mention, so that people would know that slow and steady does it, even on the Plates. smile.gif

Mine are cracking pretty evenly, they have around the same number of views so its just a waiting game now. I'm hoping to get one more of each to get a full set but we'll see how it goes, I have some breeding plans I want to do with other dragons xd.png

This release is awesome! I sense, though, that the drippies are inferior in popularity. The Gems and Plateds are much more popular, which is alright with me! I like them too, tho

I think it's really impossible to say until we see the adults... the Drippies may end up the most popular of all. That silver fringing looks like it could be very pretty. ^.^ I'm really excited about seeing all three adult sprites and making some breeding plans.

Thank you for the release!

I got lucky over the weekend and got three of the gem ones and two of each of the others. I really like the plate-looking hatchling.

Now back to my canopy collecting. They will become an unstoppable army.

Yay, my first batch hatched! biggrin.gif

Of my three gemstones, one hatched green and two red.

My two plates hatched with 2,652 V, 714 UV, 17 C and 2,715 V, 705 UV, 6 C.

And I already got another pair of plateds and of puddles, but as expected, it was very nearly impossible to get a gemstone. xd.png I don't mind, at the moment I just wish we'd know what the adults look like. The wait, it takes too loooooong! xd.png

I ended loading up with four gemstones, two plates, and one drippy. I hope at least one of the gemstones is blue.

Got one each of the gemstone colors, phew! One drippy and two armored, and I have three more gem eggs ohmy.gif I want to see them grow up so bad.

I still can't believe we have over a day before TJ's babies grow up. I want to see what they'll look like! The suspense is driving me crazy. Dx