TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I definitely like the decorating type events smile.gif I just wish the layering had been a bit different, and our input would have determined the mate. Other than that I'm very pleased with this whole event!

Here is my dragons' hoard and the dragon that wants to stay. wink.gif

user posted image

Magic (55/70)

Meat (50/70)

Shinies (70/70)

Sweets (70/70)

Misc (70/70)

Btw ... I totally love Jedi40's hoard. But why does Jedi40 have decoration, that I don't have? I've logged in every day. (I don't have these green vine/liana .. thingy.)

The vines were part of the cave that got picked when I entered the male I wanted to use.

I never did figure out how some caves looked different (like ice or lava and so on) or how to change them in their bare state.

Also never had any crowns but see them on some dragons posted on screen shots here.

Didn't matter in the end but were there different choices? I didn't see any options other than selecting my dragon and then getting the stash items to attract the lady.

The crown is under the "Shinies" heading smile.gif

The different caves correspond to the dragon you pick. Either their natural habitat or elemental affinity.

user posted image

Well my shiny attracted.. A brimstone? Well their colors match, so im happy. If you look closely, the Golden Wyvern already has a little baby. Plus, penguins have decided to use the icy cave for their little egg.

( pic quality makes me go shudder shudder )

I never did figure out how some caves looked different (like ice or lava and so on) or how to change them in their bare state.

Also never had any crowns but see them on some dragons posted on screen shots here.

Didn't matter in the end but were there different choices? I didn't see any options other than selecting my dragon and then getting the stash items to attract the lady.

You could get the other items if you click the other labels. (For example: click Magic label, get Magic items or click Shinies, get Gold, Princesses, and other "Shiny" items. Click Meats label, get animals, and etc.) You can still redecorate the cave if you want. There is still time.

Well my RA finally attracted a White Dragon. I don't really mind though I would have loved to keep the SW fromt the first day.

Thank you Wahya! Don't know how I missed the crown? DUH

I put a proper crown on my boy and as you can see his lady is eyeing the matching one he is offering along with the tasteful diamond ring. My boy is a traditionalist.

user posted image

Now going to try to breed a female deep sea dragon because all mine are boys. Even if they won't mate they can hang together. True love (and plenty of meat and shinies) should be sacred LOL.

Edited by pfeifferpack

My Purple CB Nebula settled down with a waterhorse!

Not what I had in mind, but it somehow works.

Going to find a waterhorse and have them as life long mates wub.gif

Great event, 10/10 would play again!

Decorating is fun!! cool.gif

I kept it simple:

user posted image

Edited by This_Guy_001

The crown is under the "Shinies" heading smile.gif

The different caves correspond to the dragon you pick. Either their natural habitat or elemental affinity.

The cave you got depends on the birth biome of the male dragon:

cave (before biomes) ->Grey

Bred -> Grey

Volcano -> Lava

Alpine -> Ice

Coast -> More blue and there is a waterfall

Desert -> warm brown and sandy

Jungle -> ??

Forest -> ??

Edited by Tigerkralle

I loved this event. It was a lot of fun guessing what dragon would appear next and what the final dragon would be. Thanks for the creative minds that made this possible. Thanks to TJ and the spriters.

I am hoping that our badges will be click-able so we can view our final caves in the future.

It was enjoyable to read the stories folks here created for their cave/dragons and see the ever creative minds that twisted ....or should I rephrase that to...the ever twisted minds that decorated the caves making each and every one so unique.

EDIT:spelling, as usual wink.gif

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Midnight's Rising has attracted an admirer: a deep sea dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

user posted image

Look at all the blue, seafood and water mana. No wonder she fell for him. The little charmer even gave her a necklace from his hoard. Their little hatchling - appropriately enough - is blue, too. tongue.gif

Edited by FlyingDragona

I do believe it wasn't random. At least at the end it wasn't. At the start, it was, so we could see what different dragons liked. At the end, I believe you got whatever dragon you got judging by which items you had the most of, and which items were second by amount.

From 'Cave of Courtship' thread:

At least so far, that seems the case from what I've seen.

This didn't work out that way for me either. I'd stacked my cave with primarily shinies and magic, but I got a Falconiform (which I am fine with, it was just a surprise), whose primary need is supposedly meat - which is the item I had the least of. By the chart, I should have gotten a Golden Wyvern or an Undine. So yeah, there was some randomness to it.

No changes to my cave since I last posted, but my sister finished decorating hers!

user posted image

I think she did a very nice job. smile.gif

I'm pretty happy with my mate, although she seems to be kind of a glutton.... "Now I ain't sayin' she's a food-digger..."

user posted image

I am overall happy. The art is great as always, and it was fun seeing different ladies pop in and out.

I'm sorry some people had trouble or are not happy with outcome. It really was not that hard to figure out how to get from one group of items to another...I just moved my finger around the screen a bit and the proper thing highlighted for me. And by the third day, I had decided to just just decorate for me and let it fall out how it may. I am happy with my white dragon lady. His very first mate was a white dragon. But I can understand people being frustrated by ending up with one they don't like.

If I could change things it would have been first: knowing the dragon you picked would decide your cave and second: I wish I could have moved him around. He is left facing so is staring at the wall and away from almost everything, including the ladies. I'd have put him on the far right. Still, I enjoyed it as always,and thanks TJ and all the people who helped make another event for us. Even if my creativity is nonexistent and I can't make the lovely things I've seen from others.

Edited by ainisarie

I am sad to hear all the people dissatisfied with brimstones...as that's one of my favorite breeds for some reason.

I was hoping for the Golden Wyvern, but the copper I ended up with was a nice surprise, and probably my second preference...how I managed to actually attract it, I don't know. xd.png The problem now becomes...actually GETTING one on my scroll. xd.png

But I would have been fine with anything but a balloon, as that's the one breed I'm not all that fond of.

Edit: also, the new val. dragon is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! biggrin.gif I love how her body takes on the form of a heart-shape, sorta...with the way it's positioned.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Yet another great event!

My dragon got paired with a red dragon though, not to happy about that, but oh well.

Thanks TJ,Spriters and others biggrin.gif

Edited by Speedicus

I am sad to hear all the people dissatisfied with brimstones...as that's one of my favorite breeds for some reason.

Who can't love this adorable face??: user posted image

Yeah I mean I don't actively collect Brimmies but I think each dragon is awesome in it's own way.

I probably would have loved a Deep Sea instead of the Copper I got.

...I guess that's what I get for not reading the forums more often. I only just now figured out that you have to click on the different categories to put other things in your cave. I was wondering why I only ever got boxes of shiny...

I...can't see my mystery date for my dragon on my page. Does anyone else have this problem? Or have i managed to cover her up with all the shinies? xd.png

To the people saying that the attracted dragon was random, I'd like to clarify that it was actually the visiting dragons that were random. The final dragon was determined by a combination of how much of each group you had, and chance. The visiting dragons' purpose was to show what each breed was looking for so that you could adjust in an attempt to attract a breed you really wanted. Nothing more.

~

user posted image

My boring cave tongue.gif I wish I had been as creative as some of the other people on here, haha! I saw some truly awesome ones. I am quite happy with how the inside of the cave came out, though! It took nearly all my shiny and mana slots, though, so I didn't have much to do other cool stuff xd.png

To the left of my Desipis is a little snack stash. Because he eats a carrot, and sometimes a potato.

Edited by PieMaster

My alt black attracted a golden wyvern.... does that mean I get a new female wyvern?

My alt black attracted a golden wyvern.... does that mean I get a new female wyvern?

I don't think so.

But having said that I'm leaving an egg slot open JIC as soon as my eggs hatch.

I would have liked that to be explained a bit better during the event to be honest...

Same.

Again, just to clarify, I sincerely enjoyed the event (and want more like it in the future!) and am happy with my end result... I just wish things had been clearer upfront.