TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I really hope we get a chance to move items around after we find out which lady we wind up with, or the decorations may cover up the mate and make everything look really weird.

I also hope that we can rearrange a few things i saw someone who puts an crown on the head of the lady...

I decorated my boy and the space for the female is empty and there is enough space for all kinds of female dragons. laugh.gif

I WANT THE FRIGGIN' PYRALSPITE TO GO AWAY!!! AAAaaaaaarrrrgh! censorkip.gifwacko.gif

It's the wrong color. Always the wrong frakkin' color. Weren't three colors released?! Gimme one of the other two! They would fit my Frill sooo much better than Hot Pink, wth!?

(All my frustration released onto the intrawebs.) rolleyes.gif

Oh finally a lady fond of mana! Too bad I don't like wyverns :/

I'm getting really anxious for the end of this event... I'll /try/ to leave an egg slot open just in case something happens...

-hopes there's a release involved-

Oh, I just realised my hatchlings grew up yesterday, lol. I wonder what mates they'll go well with...

Is no one getting even a glimpse of a Cavern Lurker? Apparently holiday dragons don't seem to want to show their faces... except for Shadow Walkers..?

I guess I picked the wrong boy for this... but I really want my Felix to have his only mate (a Cavern Lurker) at least come by so I'd know what she likes... =)

Apparently holiday dragons don't seem to want to show their faces... except for Shadow Walkers..?

I know someone who got a Grave at one point, so they are out there... just finding one will be the fun bit rolleyes.gif

Also I literally just took one mouse out of my cave after not checking for two days and it changed from a Bleeding Moon to a Pink... AND I TRIED SO HARD TO GET RID OF THE DEEP SEA THE OTHER DAY DAMMIT.

Is no one getting even a glimpse of a Cavern Lurker? Apparently holiday dragons don't seem to want to show their faces... except for Shadow Walkers..?

I guess I picked the wrong boy for this... but I really want my Felix to have his only mate (a Cavern Lurker) at least come by so I'd know what she likes... =)

People have also gotten Desipises.

Apparently holiday dragons don't seem to want to show their faces... except for Shadow Walkers..?

I've gotten a Grave and a Desipis. No Cavern Lurker yet.

Edit: Ninja ninja.gif

Edited by Isuzu

I'm so hoping I attract a beautiful Nhio-girl for my Nhio-boy. Because PB is fun. That and he made his alpine cave for that dream gal...

I'll probably end up with this Canopy that's been stalking him. *sigh*

I'm starting to suspect that the dragons that show up in our cave have nothing to do with what's in our cave right now, and it'll only matter at the end.

Because I've seen dragons changing when I didn't change anything, and when I did radically change my cave, the dragon didn't change.

Is this happening to other people too?

Considering that it says this right on the page ...

You may get some interested onlookers—but you won’t actually attract a mate until the end of the event.

Reading some of the posts I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person who assumed it wouldn't matter until the very end? Or if I'm the only person who read that and took it to mean exactly what it says?

SHADOW WALKER IS STAYING FINALLY!

I've got 5 of everything except I've got 50 sweets and 20 mana!

A shadow walker comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.

She stays even when I have no misc, meat, or shinies!

Edited by Vain.3805

Is there a list somewhere of which item is what?

I have no clue what some of the items are supposed to be, especially from the Miscellaneous page.

Hover text sure would be nice. *hint, hint, hint*

I wish there was! There are a few items I'm also confused about. Like that thing in the "Meat" tab that others have predicted to be a "severed toe" xd.png

Considering that it says this right on the page ...

Reading some of the posts I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person who assumed it wouldn't matter until the very end? Or if I'm the only person who read that and took it to mean exactly what it says?

No, what we're saying is we've been trying to influence what dragon visits, by changing the offerings, and it doesn't actually seem to make a difference (though opinions vary, obviously).

Myself, I haven't been trying to attract any specific dragon visitors, merely to get them to change. I know I won't get a dragon to STAY until the last day. That's right there in black and white. What isn't clear is whether we can influence the visitors at this time.

Hey, my missingno just disappeared! sad.gif The pair shows up as bred on the 19th, but with no resulting egg on their children pages. I guess we can now say that they don't produce avatars, and that people who bred them with GoNs can't keep their glitch. Shame though. I was hoping to give the avatar/fog a description about it hiding in fog.

I'm jealous of all those lovely caves. Mine is fire and lava. Has been a pain trying to position stuff so it doesn't melt in the heat tongue.gif

Yes, my cave is a mess. I've been maxing everything out. Don't really care what breed my gold boy ends up with, long as he gets a mate.

user posted image

Hey, my missingno just disappeared! sad.gif The pair shows up as bred on the 19th, but with no resulting egg on their children pages. I guess we can now say that they don't produce avatars, and that people who bred them with GoNs can't keep their glitch. Shame though. I was hoping to give the avatar/fog a description about it hiding in fog.

Mine's gone too. I asked in tiny little questions if it would be possible to have breeding restored for those dragons that bred. It seems like a waste. I'd rather have had them just refuse or not produce anything.

Edit: Saw TJ's reply. Never mind.

Edited by Jazeki

Is there anyone who would be willing to tell me what the silver/platinum stack of two things are? are they scales, or bars, or coins, or what, or am I supposed to guess? Or is a surprise til the end?

It's not a life or death matter that I know, but I'd like to know so I know what I'm decorating with to make sure its something I want to use moar or less of?

(Besides shiny shoes for the walking Mr Potato someone made. Or Ms Potato depending on if they were meant to be fancy heels).

Is there anyone who would be willing to tell me what the silver/platinum stack of two things are? are they scales, or bars, or coins, or what, or am I supposed to guess? Or is a surprise til the end?

It's not a life or death matter that I know, but I'd like to know so I know what I'm decorating with to make sure its something I want to use moar or less of?

(Besides shiny shoes for the walking Mr Potato someone made. Or Ms Potato depending on if they were meant to be fancy heels).

I used it for a mustache. But I think it's meant to be scales.

No, what we're saying is we've been trying to influence what dragon visits, by changing the offerings, and it doesn't actually seem to make a difference (though opinions vary, obviously).

Myself, I haven't been trying to attract any specific dragon visitors, merely to get them to change. I know I won't get a dragon to STAY until the last day. That's right there in black and white. What isn't clear is whether we can influence the visitors at this time.

I don't know for certain but this is my opinion on the matter:

There is no way to influence who specifically comes and goes. The visiting dragons and their descriptions are only there to help you understand what attracts them so you can decorate your cave appropriately by the end of the event. At least that's what I've gathered from this whole event. Just because a certain dragon has been sitting in your cave for awhile doesn't mean you actually have a chance at that dragon. Unless it says the "It seems she liked the collection of <first interest>, but left to find a dragon with more <second interest>." It means you're one the right track to getting that dragon. We won't really know for sure until the end I suppose. tongue.gif

I really miss the Grave dragon I had. I keep going back and forth between mates I like and mates I really dislike. I wish it wasn't so random, I have no idea if I'll need to move my decorations or not. Some fit, some don't.