20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

((Haha, I can't tell if I'm insulting you or not with the multiple instances I've called on Tor

ARGH HAVING TO SCROLL BACK TO MY POST ON THE PAGE BEFORE y u must post so late))

"Oh, don't worry. They won't harm her, and even if they do I'll help you beat 'em for it. It's a rule to leave mothers be until their pups are of age. Ace'll beat 'em, I'll beat 'em, you'll beat 'em. First one down and the others won't try. Anyway, let's go. It's getting kinda late."

((Godmodding? Can we just keep walking until Ace finds us (if he does)?))

Now there's optimism for you. -Nashota jested. They hadn't even met the pack yet and Dionne was already starting to victimise herself and Menemith. Why? For what purpose? It was as if she was inviting that very mocking that she was so eager to defend Menemith from. It was all perplexing for Nashota, but she didn't pay it much more then a wandering thought before dismissing it as a jester's folly. In other words, Dionne was either putting on a show and overacting it, or was genuinely willing to form such a serious attachment even though they've known her for no less then a day. A pack this big can't possibly comprise primarily of some dim-witted eating machines. They'd have ripped each other's giblets out by now if that were the case. Lighten up.

Whatever her reasons, Nashota cared little for mind games. All that mattered now was to get in, and start showing them all she wasn't some cripple because of losing her memory. The very next morning, she would either join or form a hunting party, go on patrol, or spar with the others, as a start. Remembering she'd spilled the beans about losing her memory to several wolves already, she gritted her teeth in frustration, but said nothing. That was probably a bad idea, but now that the truth was out, she could at least do the common courtesy of not denying it when asked about it. Hopefully, she wouldn't be.

I'm not gonna stay rotting with the bottom feeders for long. I swear it. -she mumbled under her breath.

====================================

Well well well... quite the setup you've got here, boss. -Nyra said, looking around the interior of what was to be part of her new home. It certainly looked large enough to shelter a pack that large, and it definitely looked easily defendable. Contrary to what Nyra expected, it looked neat as well. No bones strewn randomly about, nor much matted fur lining the floor, and the blood of the injured nowhere to be seen, indicating that either no one had gotten themselves mauled recently, or the wounded were treated elsewhere.

You run a tight operation. I can't imagine what it's like having to keep in check thirty mugs to from ripping each other a new one over who gets the tender bits of the day's haul. -she elaborated with a light smirk on her face. Nyra wasn't easily impressed, but her words were sincere. Even the idea of having to put herself through what she imagined Ace had to put up with made her cringe on the inside. Such a lifestyle would require more patience and tolerance then her entire family combined couldn't even muster. That, or a pair of really sharp fangs, and a nasty disposition. So far as Nyra knew, Ace had the former, but definitely didn't seem to have the latter.

Is it too much to ask for orientation? I've already picked a bone with the red one and that black tryhard with the big mouth. I don't want to offend anyone else and have half the bloody pack out to rip my head off. Speaking of which, that red one that attacked me earlier, she hates you something awful. I don't know if you picked up on it, but for a moment there I saw it. She's one straw from snapping. You two have history? -she explained, considering for a moment the implications. If she even has an ounce of reason, she won't try anything on her own. And Torque was helping her... I'd better have a little chat with my runt of a brother soon.

Edited by Brotato

Bright star was panting hard but he was happy. There was nothing was nothing he liked more than to entertain other wolves. He shook his head and stood up, he walked over to the food pile and laid his fish down. The scent of fish was almost intoxicating and he was happy to put the fish back down. He surveyed the camp. Harmony and Maxine were panting after the race, Hia was in the cave, Ace was coming over the horizon and he could smell Kestra and...was that? A loner scent?...or three? Oh well he'd see about that later. Then he picked up another scent and saw some grass rustling and a little tail sticking out. As he watched the tail walked up to Red's tail and pounced. "Nice seeing you kid." He thought with a grimace.

Ace, Alpha

You mean Crimson? Hah, yeah, I've got some beef with her. She's my sister, and challenged me for my position not long ago. I defeated her pretty darn good, and now, she's trying to get her own little group to overthrow me. She thinks she can lead better, but trust me, she's insane as can be and is simply thirsty for power. If the pack is lead by her, we'll all be doomed, that's for sure. Ace muttered, his ears flattening as he thought of his sister. Boy he couldn't stand Crimson, and the very thought of her made him want to attack something to release his anger. The alpha then angled his ears towards Avion, watching the wolf scratch at an ear. I have something I need to do right now, but Avion over there could show you around. Actually...- Ace paused, his gaze settling on his beta male. Esko, our beta male, would probably do better, no offense to my friend over there. The black-and-silver wolf finished, turning and making his way towards the bi-colored beta.

Esko, this is Nyra, a lone wolf who wishes to join. I have something I need to investigate, so would you mind showing her around and teaching her the ways of our pack? Introduce her to some wolves as well. Ace ordered with a small nod, his ears angling towards the cave's mouth. Turning, the alpha made his way out of camp, following the scent of Kestra. He wanted to see what she was up to, in case his beta female was in some sort of trouble. She was good at what she did, so he didn't want to lose her. Ace quickened his pace as the scent of lone wolves and Kestra grew stronger, his fur fluffing out to keep him warm. The massive alpha pushed his way through some bracken, narrowing his sharp amber gaze as he stood tall before the three lone wolves and Kestra.

Might I ask what's going on here, and who these wolves are?

"Oh, here's who I was talking about. Ace, this is Nashota, Dionne, and Menemith. Guys, this is Ace, the Alpha. And no, not all of us are stupid like that. Just... Mostly Red and her limited followers.

Ace, these lovely ladies wish to join the pack, if you're okay with it," Kestra said, keeping her cool. Based on his tone, what he had just come from wasn't the most pleasant situation, but if need be she would make it worse. Her tone was strong, as if she wouldn't leave them out even if he disagreed but still respectful.

Understood. -she nodded, giving Esko a sideways glance. Compared to Ace, he didn't look at all intimidating, and in fact looked somewhat silly to Nyra, what with that black and white fur of his. Doesn't look like much for the alpha's doormat. I'm willing to wager my fangs that he got his position through blood ties. Figures... She then directed her attention to Kestra, who'd just arrived and explained the reason for the three females's presence.

Immediately she singled out the weak-kneed subordinate among them. The brown-furred one with the tender and intimidated look in her eyes, and visibly carrying a prodigy that looked well on its way. Fantastic... puppies were an alien thing to Nyra, and so far as she was concerned, they were unproductive mouths to feed. An investment perhaps, but one she lacked the authority to judge. Stay out of my hunting parties, you. I'm not into pity. -she thought, already dreading having to put up with someone so meek on a job that demanded strength and discipline.

Standing beside the pregnant one were two others with much more confidence in them.

The golden-eyed one was perplexing. She seemed stoic, yet somehow sophisticated. It was a difficult thing to describe, but at the very least she had enough courage to keep her head held high. And yet, Nyra couldn't help but think she looked just a little bit timid. She definitely looked like someone interesting to talk with in their downtime. But now, now was probably not the moment to strike up conversation. You, I'm curious to see what you can do. If those pretty little jaws of yours can cause damage, or are they just for show? We'll see...

Lastly, the other brown-furred one, that clearly resembled the pregnant brown-furred one.

The two were very likely related, but coloration and facial features aside, they looked nothing alike. Unlike her pregnant look-alike, this one bore the scars and expression of someone willing to do anything reach their goals. She had a sort of feral glare that reminded Nyra of herself, to some extent. Indeed she looked fearless and determined, but for what? Ambition could be both a wonderful, and terrible thing... You're no mystery. I can read her like a map. And how fitting it is that she reminds me of myself. I guess mother was right, one needs to look at themselves from afar to see the errors of their own ways. Am I really so easy to read? Hmph, well... she sure looks like she's ready to get things done. I'll just have to make sure she picks her allies right.

A pleasure to meet you. I dare say we've been fortunate meeting Kestra to come here and speak to you in person. I understand that you might not be so open to wanderers just strolling in here, but I assure you, I will pull my own weight. -she spoke confidently, then glanced towards Menemith, and sighed deeply- Perhaps, also the weight of my... my sister. As you can see, she's not fit for hard tasks. -she added, then looked back at Ace, only to catch Nyra's piercing judging stare.

Got something to say to me? -Nashota asked firmly.

Nyra grinned lightly, and responded quaintly: No.

The two exchanged glares for a moment, before Nashota averted her eyes back towards Ace.

Well, anyway... I ask only for you to take pity on Menemith. She's in a delicate condition, and may well be the only family I have left.

And the only one who knows about what my life was before I lost it all... -she thought, hiding her alterior motive for defending her sister behind a shameless plight for pity. It bothered her, but it had to be done.

Edited by Brotato

((Wow, not intimidating xd.png He looks like a clown?))

He looked at the alpha once more. So we have a wolf who wishes to join? Excellent... He scanned the newcomer. She seemed at least somewhat worthy of being part of their pack...but Esko needed to not test her, or he would get in trouble.

Welcome, newcomer. As you have heard, my name is Esko. Now since I have to show you around, you have to follow me. He started to pad off.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

MENEMITH

The brown-furred wolf whined and lowered her head when her sister spoke of her. At least she didn't remember their days in the family, where Menemith had been viewed as a liability. Despite being capable of defending herself, she had never been worth much in a fight, and was too skittish to go on hunts. The family considered that a shame, as she was one of the bulkier wolves in the pack, and would have made a fantastic hunter. Even without her memory, Nashota seemed to pick up on Menemith's timid nature...it was painfully obvious to those around her, she knew.

The white she-wolf that stared at Nashota made Menemith intensely uncomfortable. She looked like a wolf who didn't express concern or sympathy often. As did the gray-and-cinnamon wolf with a freshly torn ear some distance behind the alpha, who studied the new wolves carefully. His right eye was clearly damaged some time ago; it had an almost honeycomb-like pattern instead of an iris around the pupil. The alpha himself had an odd fur texture. Fluffy, almost billowy. His amber eyes gleamed like shards of obsidian. He seemed to know what he was doing, and that was enough for her.

"I can do other things," Menemith offered, careful not to meet the alpha's gaze. "I can fish. Not very well, but I can. I also know a bit about plants and healing. I can scout ahead, too, if you need me to. I just want somewhere I can be safe. Where my babies can be safe."

TORBJORN

Tor stood some distance from Ace, Kestra, and the lone wolves, watching them closely. Two of the loners simply had to be related, given the similarities in their pelts and faces--though one was clearly pregnant. The third wolf, a white and gray, appeared significantly more confident than the others. She held herself with grace, a pose that reminded him of the alphas of other packs he had met in his time.

There was another, too. An albino...Ace had called her...Nyra? She seemed cold and distant like himself. Her build pegged her as a brawler. Perhaps he could be of use to Red...? He padded over slowly, nodding respectfully at Eskirius as he passed the beta.

"Perhaps I can tag along?" he asked coolly.

((Wow, not intimidating xd.png He looks like a clown?))

He looked at the alpha once more. So we have a wolf who wishes to join? Excellent... He scanned the newcomer. She seemed at least somewhat worthy of being part of their pack...but Esko needed to not test her, or he would get in trouble.

Welcome, newcomer. As you have heard, my name is Esko. Now since I have to show you around, you have to follow me. He started to pad off.

((I REALLY don't know why, but for me Esko is somewhat similar now to Claptrap xd.png))

Blake, subordinate

Seeing as three new wolves, who of course had been loners before, entered to join the pack, Blake shook his head in disbelief. Firstly that Nyra. Now three other wolves, where two of them seem to be somewhat related. Just great.... He had seen enough of new faces that day. After Tor went for some reason to tag along to Nyra and Esko, he went deeper to the den to check what others had been doing. He figured he could go check on Hiera, the pregnant wolf - as for now, the only now, not counting one of the new loners.

"Hey there, Hiera." Blake started with quite soft voice - at least the softer he was able to make. How are you?

((I just really don't know what to do))

dionne; loner

Her gaze momentarily landed on Nashota as the brown wolf spoke. It was easy for others, Dionne noted, to assume that cruelty came only from the ignorant when they didn't have the experience for themselves to suggest otherwise. It may have been years ago, but the white wolf was still well aware just how capable other wolves were of resorting to barbaric means at a moment's notice over nothing more than shallow pride. It was how her birth parents had gotten killed in the first place. Dionne did not care if the wolves sought to treat herself in that way-- after all, she was not easily moved by pettiness-- but regardless of how long she had been a loner or how many minutes she had known Menemith for, Dionne knew that targeting the pregnant wolf was not right. She was glad to have the beta female agree, and felt the taut muscles beneath her skin relax faintly in response.

Dionne shifted in place again, having noticed the sting of her paws begin to throb once more. Ahead of them, something moved through the foliage, and the musk of male wolf quickly met the large female's nostrils. Seconds later a tall black wolf with a smattering of silver across his fur stepped from the brush and stood in front of their little party. His pelt was thick, like Dionne's, and she wondered briefly if his bloodline was comprised of northern wolves like her own. They were certainly of relatively close height, she realized, as he stopped with his head held high. Her nose twitched as she tested the air; his scent was definitely the strongest, and it permeated a good portion of the territory around them. This, then, must be Ace, their Alpha, Dionne thought. Her golden eyes regarded him carefully as the others introduced themselves.

"So, you do care about your sister," came Dionne's outlandish voice, its casual tone reflected in the tepid glance she sent toward Nashota. Dionne did not particularly care about their personal family problems, but she found it...interesting how suddenly the brown wolf seemed to express concern over Menemith's safety. As long as someone was looking out for the pregnant female, it didn't bother her as much.

She held her gaze for a second longer before looking toward the Alpha again and the other wolves that had accompanied him. There was a white female close behind, whom Nashota did not seem to take a liking to. Dionne met her gaze evenly without blinking, and discovered with mild surprise that the other female's eyes were a pinkish red. That was not something Dionne had ever come across before, save for a rabbit she had once hunted, and it intrigued her. The red-eyed wolf was also fairly close in size with Dionne, and for a fleeting moment she considered if a match between them would draw even. It was not a thought she cared to investigate however, and thus she returned her attention to the Alpha.

Dionne waited for Kestra to finish speaking before finally addressing Ace herself. "I would be Dionne," she stated simply, her tone cool and guarded. As she had with the beta female, she dipped her muzzle toward Ace out of respect, but as she lifted her head again, her eyes met his fully and she remained standing tall. She might have been alone for years on end, but elegance was not lost in those isolated times. After a moment she diverted her gaze; she wasn't there to usurp his authority, and it wouldn't do her any good to appear as though she were challenging him. "I have traveled far for many weeks. I am more than willing to lend my abilities to your pack if you would be so kind to accept me."

The white wolf kept her gaze trained on Ace. Many wolves were unpredictable, as she had learned from a young age, so even with her exhaustion and bloodied paws-- she could smell the faint copper of blood after shifting her weight again-- Dionne was still on edge, prepared to react should the meeting go sour. The other wolves that had gathered in the background were of small concern to her for the moment, even though one of the males behind the Alpha had a strange look to him that Dionne did not trust. Still, she held herself with quiet boldness as she waited on Ace's judgement.

Ofcourse. -Nyra replied to both of them.

She didn't mind Torbjorn's presence, and looked forward to actually making a few allies. Either that, or see where their loyalties lied. As for the three that'd just arrived, Nashota and Dionne piqued her interest, while Menemith simply made Nyra feel sick to her stomach. Not because she resented her, but because she was unfamiliar with empathy. For Nyra, hate was empowering, but she had no reason to hate Menemith, she just looked so defenseless that Nyra couldn't help but feel a little bit sorry for her. And that was what felt bad. It made her feel defenseless somehow. Shaking that thought aside, she gave Nashota one final glance before departing with Esko. Nashota certainly needed no pity, she knew what she wanted and that was something Nyra could respect.

Averting her attention back to Esko, she awaited instruction.

Ace, Alpha

Cool, more wolves, more mouths to feed...But, that could mean more hunters as well, and maybe even a reason to expand their territory. Ace listened to each wolf patiently, but he wasn't too sure about the pregnant one. Yes, he would take in her and her pups like the other two lone wolves before him, but Ace believed she'd be pushed down to the rank of an omega after her litter grew up. As for the Dionne wolf, she seemed strong, like she would thrive well in his pack. Nashota seemed tough, one not to back down from a challenge, and rather protective. Ace kept his stance tall and strong before clearing his throat to speak, ...You all seem worthy and in ok health. I believe you three will fit in just fine with the rest of the subordinates and mothers. The alpha gave the three females a small nod before shifting his amber gaze to Menemith. Ace knew she would become an omega, he could just see it, but at least her pups would be safe. He knew a mother would do anything for her pups.

As for you and your pups, Menemith, we have some very nice mothers currently, and the pack knows to respect expecting wolves and their offspring. I can tell you that here, your pups will most certainly be safe. We'll get you some food, our subordinates just returned, perhaps that'll strengthen you. He rumbled as a bit of wind and snow ruffled his dark pelt. It was true, they'd be much safer in the Night Pack rather then living as lone wolves. Lone wolves took no pity on pups, and when they were hungry, food was food. If those lone wolves dare step in Ace's camp, they'd be sorry, and he'd make sure of that. Ace shifted his gaze to Dionne with a flick of his tail, moving his gaze to Nashota not long later. She seemed to have some interest in Nyra...Did they have some troubles in the past? If they did and ended up getting into some fights, Ace would either have to make them stop or kick one of them out. The pack had no time for fights, but it seemed Crimson never got the message. Alright then, follow me. Ace turned, making his way towards the cave once more, his tail remaining high to show his dominance and high position in his pack.

MENEMITH

The group moved on, and Menemith hurried to stay with them. She trailed in the back, her legs weak with relief. Muqua would never find them here. Her pups would never have to know their father. They would be safe, after weeks of running. The stars were looking after them after all...

Just as Ace mentioned the prospect of food, her stomach clenched and growled. She had hardly had time to keep herself fed on the journey. She realized she must have looked scrawny, despite her bloated belly. The pups seemed to pick up on their mother's hunger, for they kicked hard. Menemith shook herself and slunk ahead, tail wagging and ears flat respectfully. She padded towards the alpha and murmured a quiet, "thank you," before falling behind again.

TORBJORN

"So, you're Nyra, then? Where do you hail from?" Tor asked the she-wolf, casting a reproachful glance at Esko. The beta would have to deal with his presence, because he had no intention of letting this introduction go sour. The albino wolf seemed to unsettle other members of the pack much like Tor did. He liked that.

Walking after her new leader, Nashota couldn't help but admire the cavernous space in which she could now rest after a long day of arduous work. It seemed so sheltered, so nice. Cozy, even. It would make a perfect place to call home, and an ideal setting for her to grow as an individual. Although she offered herself to keep her sister around for the sakes of uncovering her past life, she still looked forward to this opportunity to start anew.

===============================

Not a fan of small talk, Nyra reluctantly decided to follow Torbjorn in his pointless line of questioning.

Up north. I'm not good at keeping distance, but far enough north. Things there are, well... inhospitable.

Unless you like bears. -she explained, recalling all those times she nearly had her head ripped off by one of those gargantuan beasts.

Those were fun.

Edited by Brotato

TORBJORN

There was an entire vocabulary of words Tor liked to use while describing run-ins with bears. None were used in polite company, and none of them even came close to 'fun'. He studied her for a moment.

"I've encountered bears before. None were particularly fun, though I suppose that would be because my father had his head smashed open by one of them, and that kind of image tends to stick with you." His tone was flat, matter-of-fact. It had happened, and he was over it. Part of him wondered if the memory had faded over time, but he didn't care to go back and unleash that Pandora's box of nightmares. He brushed it off. "You had a pack?"

I had a family. And my mother met her end fighting one of those bears quite the same. In retrospect, we were practically asking for it, but desperate times called for desperate measures. I won't go into details, but father, my brother Torque and myself were the only three survivors, out of a family of five. We were split up by those beasts, and that's how I became a loner. -she elaborated- And I say they're "fun" per-se, because encountering one is like dancing with death itself. It really puts you to the test, sharpens your senses and gets the blood flowing. But hey, that's just me. I never had anyone to keep me company out there, so bears had to do. -she went on, recalling the other loners she'd encountered as well- As for the other wolves that I came across, most of them were exiles, thieves and murderers cast away from their own packs for crimes they'd committed. When they saw me, most decided it was open season to pin me down and go to town. -she paused to smirk and laugh quietly- But we all have our delusions. You learn three things living like that. How cold winter gets, how to rip a leg clean off, and that trust should never come easy.

And you? What's your story?

Edited by Brotato

TORBJORN

"Apologies for your mother. I was a loner too, for a long time. My mother abandoned me months after my father died. She blamed me for his death, and I suppose the feeling of betrayal finally drove her mad. I was hardly a pup myself when I was first out on my own. Other loners saw me as easy prey as well. I learned to fight them off...though I suppose the eye helped." Tor turned his head to show his blind eye. The honeycomb pattern of torn iris and broken pupil gleamed in the failing light. "Loners are superstitious cowards, the lot of them. If you stand out enough they rumor you cursed. I imagine you did not have the same luck...albinism is rare among us, but not unheard of."

Edited by oddinomaly

Right. Well, no point in sulking over what happened in the past. I don't know about you, but I'm willing to forget all that and just start clean here. Run something important in this pack, see if I can make things better somehow. -she went on nonchalantly- I never got any grief for my colors, or lack there of, actually. Your eye looks like hell, though. Not that it's a bad thing. A wolf with no scars is a wolf who never had his mettle tested. Wear that with pride, it's a testament to your resolve in the face of adversity.

The two were chatting up a storm, and Nyra couldn't help but wonder why Esko was being so quiet.

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis awoke once more, as she had been quietly taking a nap in the back of the subordinates den. She wasn't necessarily lazy, she was simply trying to get away from Ace's orders. She didn't want to be ordered around by him! The golden wolf crossed her front legs before pausing, the scent of lone wolves hitting her nose. Nuntis narrowed her eyes before poking her head out of the subordinates' den. What had she missed?! Great, I'll get an ear full from Ace and his followers for not doing crap...Fuuunn... The tall wolf flattened her ears before rising to her legs and stretching them slightly, making her way out of the den. She cast a curious gaze at the newcomers, her ears flattened slightly in an unfriendly way. If these wolves thought they could boss her around or be above her, then they needed to think again. She sat down, but kept her head held high to show these newcomers she wasn't one to be messed with.

((Short, but blah, she really needed a post))

Maxine, Subordinate

Max panted slightly behind Bright star and way after Harmony since she had been the first one to have arrived back to the cave. She didn't see the other wolf right away but that didn't mean that she wasn't there at all; she just wasn't in her immediate line of sight. She walked up to the kill pile and dropped off her own fish there before looking around the cave to see if anything had changed while they had been out fishing. She noticed a pup near Hia and wondered who that was but figured that she would find out later before looking out of the cave to watch for Ace and the other wolves that were still out and hadn't yet returned.

Edited by redfox

Ace, Alpha

Once in camp with the three lone wolves, Ace held himself tall and proud, raising his black muzzle before letting out a mighty howl to summon his pack. He then lowered his head, his amber gaze flicking over his pack before clearing his throat. Today, we have five newcomers: Erishad, Nyra, Menemith, Nashota, and Dionne. They will start out as subordinates, a mother, and a pup, and work like we all do to prove themselves worthy and hopefully keep their ranks. Now that I have introduced them, we may eat. But, do note that I will make another announcement about some very important matters while we feast. The alpha announced, his voice ringing out loud and clear. As alpha, Ace was first to eat, and stepped forward towards the deer his betas had caught, and began to eat. After a mouthful or two, he flicked his tail to welcome his betas forward to have their share. Once they had their share, the subordinates, mothers, and pups would eat, and the omegas would come last, if there was anything left over.

((Short, and also, Harmony had a post earlier that said she raced as well and came in first wink.gif ))

I think I'll pass. -thought Nashota, even with the tantalizing freshly caught feast in plain sight. She'd eaten recently before bumping into her sister along the way to the pack grounds, and didn't feel even the smallest bit of hunger at that point. Still, the catch looked impressive. A lot better then those rabbits she had to settle with up till then. Tomorrow, she would enjoy a decent meal, but not today.

===============================

Ah crud... The last thing I want to do right now is be around Ace. -groaned Torque, still sore from their previous encounter. The bite wounds on his neck were fresh and still slowly oozed a little bit of blood, staining his throat and upper chest. Still, he was peckish, but was it worth the risk?

No... no, I'll just go lie down for a while. This is a lot to take in. -he muttered under his breath, quietly walked into the cave and lied down in the subordinates' den, wishing he was flexible enough or had a tongue long enough to reach his own neck wounds. With any luck, they wouldn't get infected even without a thorough licking.

He breathed a deep sigh and mumbled:

What a censorkip.gif ed up day.

=================================

Hold that thought. Nyra stopped dead in her tracks, ears perked up as the alpha's howl pierced the relative silence. Nyra was unfamiliar with these signals, but given the time of day, she assumed that was the dinner bell.

Looks like we're being summoned. I don't know about you two, but I'm going. -she stated calmly, then turned around and walked back towards where Ace and the rest had gathered. Ace had already started stuffing his face, while strangely enough, most everyone else wasn't eating. Guess he wants first dibs. -she figured, examining the deer carcass he was ingesting. It didn't look all that appetizing, but Nyra was hungry enough not to care.

I hate waiting! -she thought angrily, then looking at Ace for a moment, she sighed. But I'd hate to get kicked out the day I joined up even more...

Edited by Brotato

dionne; subordinate

Dionne remained silent as she strode after Ace toward the camp grounds. There was a stiffness settling in her limbs the longer she had stayed still, and she concentrated on working it out of her muscles as they trotted closer to the gathering of wolves. Relief had washed through her at the Alpha's acceptance, and although she had dipped her head toward him in gratitude at that point, she doubted he had noticed.

The white female slowed as they entered the camp grounds. There were many wolves there, more than she had quite realized resided in this territory. Surprise trickled through her expression as she gazed from wolf to wolf, taking note of any wolf that looked less than pleased of their arrival. Finally, she glanced back toward Menemith and Nashota, curious if the latter would keep to her word.

At the sound of Ace's thundering howl, Dionne drew closer, but made sure to keep the same distance as most of the others. She remembered, at least, how feeding worked in a pack-- and considering how Ace was the only to take his fill at the start, she assumed it worked the same here as well. She kept a careful eye out for the next few wolves to approach. Dionne had noticed no female had been present when Ace ate, and wondered if he was alone in leading the pack. The others that took to the deer must have been his Betas, then, and she studied those wolves with interest.

Her belly felt as though it were in knots, and she briefly thought of when the last time she had eaten was. She recalled a small vole at the edge of the territory, but had that been yesterday? The day before? Dionne wasn't certain. Either way, she was glad to have an opportunity to eat again, though she decided to hang back until most everyone else had a chance. After all, she had been part of their pack for all of five minutes. It wouldn't be fair of her to take food from another who had been there months or years before her. She could wait.

A small noise came from her belly, and Dionne sat down, keeping her eyes traveling among the wolves instead of the food.

Maxine, Subordinate

Max turned her attention from where it was staring outside the cave when she heard Ace's announcement. She went towards the main area of the cave as she listened to everything that he said and looked around for the new wolves that he mentioned. After she had pinpointed them by scent since they were much different than everyone else's, of course and obviously, she nodded a small greeting to them before having her attention be back on their leader. Well not everyone's leader since it seemed nowadays that the leadership role was split between him and Red and many wolves sided with her rather than Ace because of their different opinions. When it seemed that he was done she both cautiously and nervously made her way towards him and said just after Boeing her head in order to show him respect and authority over her, "There's something that I've been meaning to tell you for a little while if you have a minute to talk before you announce the next announcement." She then lifted her head again after she said what she did and waited for his response.

((oh sorry; I guess I accidentally misread that unsure.gif))

Edited by redfox

Red

As soon as the rest of the group moved out of her sights, she flicked her tail in irritation. Stupid Ace! Nyra will rip apart the pack, she is a cunning little- Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by sharp pain jolting up from her tail. Since she was in deep thought, she never noticed the wolf that were a few steps away from her. Instantly, her lips drew back in a snarl as she whipped around. Pouncing on the intruder with lightning reflexes, she had Shade pinned down. Red was fast, but had almost stumbled in her defence since her leg was still injured. It was mainly because the other wolf didn't expect an attack, he probably thought her tail was a piece of prey.

"Who are you, pathetic runt?" Red barked, her words harsher than usual. She was angry at Ace and at Nyra. Her anger was streamed towards this pup. She seemed to only now realise that it was a mere pup that had attacked her.Oh joy. Another bundle of useless fur and bones. I hope Ace didn't see me tackle this pup, I can say we we play fighting. Yeah, that sounds about right. Red loosened her grip easily on the pup and put on a fake proud stance, taking a few steps back. "For I am Red, the mighty alpha from your enemy pack, wolf. I am here to challenge you for your territory!" She mock announced, trying to make it clear it was a joke. She could only hope the wolves from her pack couldn't see this. It was so embarrassing for the mighty Red to be playing with a pup, especially how she hates them.

((Well Red has snapped it. #NoRegrats

This is what happens when you type this up hungry and tired. Whoops, I hope Red has made it smooth enough to get away from any trouble.))

Edited by Tiga