20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

MENEMITH

Menemith flicked her ears as she heard her name called out. The other wolves watched her quietly as they waited for their turn to eat. Occasionally they would study other loners for awhile, but she felt as though they always came back to stare at her. With a whine, she tucked her tail between her legs and padded over to stand near Dionne. She lay down on her belly and rested her muzzle on her paws. Her stomach growled loudly as if demanding sustenance, but she ignored it. She had gotten good at that.

"Dionne," she asked, "Where do you come from?"

TORBJORN

Tor trailed after Nyra, lifting his snout up to hear what Ace had to say. As he rattled off the names of the newcomers, Tor's gaze shifted from wolf to wolf. The pregnant one seemed shaken...all the time, apparently. The brown wolf with her didn't seem to take much heed. He was sure they were related now. Dionne had his interest now as well; she didn't seem as abrasive as Nyra. Instead she appeared more calcuating and logical. Erishad, he guessed, was the pup they had dug up on their hunt. He seemed to be busying himself with Red, who had seemingly grown impatient. Tor settled down beside Nyra and watched the alpha's sister scuffle with the pup, disinterested.

Edited by oddinomaly

Shade

Shade analyzed her for a second. That is so fake. A blind suckling pup could see she was about to tear me apart. He grins. Time to knock her pride down a notch or two...

He hops up onto a rock. Her left front paw is slightly off balance... I can use that. He leaps at her, catching her in the side and knocking her to the ground because of her unbalanced posture. "You don't make a very good alpha, do you?"

((And this, folks, is where Shade dies))

dionne; subordinate

Her careful gaze fell on a few interesting faces as she patiently waited for a chance to eat. One male appeared irritated at the newcomers-- from what Dionne could tell, at least-- and slunk off to the den. She noticed a bit of dried blood on his chest as he walked, and wondered what he had gotten into to receive such a wound. However, once he was out of sight her attention shifted to the next wolf. Another male, who had followed the albino one-- Nyra, she recalled-- and watched them with a guarded, cold look. There was something peculiar going on with his eye that Dionne took interest in, though it only lasted a few inquisitive moments before she turned her muzzle to gaze elsewhere. Her glance fell on a female wolf that appeared quite irritated, for reasons unknown to Dionne. The female's outburst had piqued Dionne's attention, and the sight of the pup beside the she-wolf drew Dionne subconsciously to her feet again, ears tilted forward. She watched silently as the female adjusted her behavior accordingly, although still rather suspicious to Dionne.

The white female watched the young wolf continue with his play. She reminded herself that she was not familiar with these wolves and that their social norms could be drastically different than the ones she had been accustomed to years ago, even if she barely remembered those ones anyway. Silently, she sat down again, keeping a watchful eye on the pair.

Menemith's presence pulled Dionne's gaze away from the strange pair. She heard the rumble of the pregnant wolf's belly and glanced toward the meat sitting before the gathering of wolves. Whereas Dionne was tired from traveling, she could not imagine what kind of exhaustion and hunger was gripping the wolf beside her.

"Not anywhere close by, that is for certain," she answered in a low, mild voice. "I used to live far to the east, where the sun sets behind the mountains, beside an entirely different ocean. It has taken me many moons to get here." Just how many, she wasn't even sure of any longer. Time had blurred together like an endless river of sunrises and sunsets, with no known beginning or visible end. She hoped, at least, that living in this pack would give her a sense of belonging at last, and the family she so desired. An end to her journey.

Dionne shifted her weight again to one paw, mindful of the faintly bleeding pads. "Are you from this area? You sound as though you have lived around here for some time," Dionne said. She was acutely aware of just how different her voice was to any of the other wolves she had come across thus far.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Ace, Alpha

The alpha blinked calmly at Maxine, giving her a small nod. Alright, I'll speak with you after my announcement, he promised before turning to his pack, his amber gazing flicking over every wolf. Hah, his sister was playing with a pup, how unusual. She was probably just trying to gain another follower. Ace noticed that just about everyone of his wolves were finished eating or settling down somewhere with a piece of meat. The alpha then decided it was time to make his announcement, clearing his throat and standing even taller, raising his head slightly to make sure his voice was loud and clear, so he could be heard by all.

Now that we are all settled in, it's time to make my announcement. Due to an overabundance of subordinates, I'm opening some new positions in the pack. This will bring more order and hopefully help the Night Pack prosper in this desolate winter. We will now have scouts and scout leaders, those leaders leading the scouts as they survey our land and watch lone wolves and prey. Lead hunters will lead the hunting parties when they set out. Elders will be our retired wolves after they serve our pack and grow old, so they may be respected and enjoy the last bits of their lives peacefully. Finally, we have our Herbalists, wolves who will try to experiment with herbs and what not to stop bleeding and help heal our pack. Wolves my approach me and my betas to apply for these positions. That'll be all. Ace announced, his tail held high as he finished his speech. He would say report to his alpha female, but he didn't have one, but it wasn't like it bothered him anyways. He wanted to actually fall in love with his alpha female, not randomly select one like some alphas did.

MENEMITH

She's from farther away than I imagined. Menemith thought, studying the way Dionne's words were influenced by her accent. She had never met any other wolf with so strong an accent, and it fascinated her to some degree. She waited for Ace to give his speech before replying.

"Before they kicked me out, my family lived in a smaller, more isolated mountain range in the east. How far exactly, I can't tell you. I've been on the run for awhile. I've been trying to get away from someone who hurt me a lot, and would hurt anyone who tried to get in the way," she recalled the time she spent with Muqua and shuddered. "I really don't want him to find us again. I owe him my life, but I'm too much of a coward to let him do what he wants with it, I guess."

"Why'd you leave your pack, Dionne?"

TORBJORN

New ranks meant an opportunity to gain power, Tor knew. He waited for the alpha to finish before approaching him, head bowed respectfully and his ears flat. Ace was large, easily the largest in the pack, and probably had several pounds over Tor. He knew from experience that the leader didn't have any qualms about reminding his followers of their place in the pack. That was an experience he wanted to avoid again.

"You mentioned scout leaders. I volunteer for the position, if that's alright."

Edited by oddinomaly

Nyra courageously stepped right up to the alpha and proclaimed her proposal.

I volunteer for Scout leader! -she declared with gusto and bravado.

I've been out there for more moons then I care to remember, spent each and every cold and bitter censorkip.gif ing night on my own, learning the bloody hard ways to keep oneself going. I've learned more then just a thing or two. With your permission, I will handle keeping an eye and an ear on our territories, and even protect them if need be. -she paused and twisted her head to one side, audibly popping a few joints for emphasis before looking back- I'll make sure my team are ready for anything. -she stated her case, looking Ace directly in the eyes, not for any other reason but to emphasize her honesty. Often times, Nyra could easily spot a liar depending on where their glance went.

I can impart this knowledge, and train those who will be accompanying me into the frey. -she gestured to the cave entrance- Because when things go down south out there, who knows where, all we'll have out there is our abilities, boss. -she glanced towards Torbjorn, who'd also made a similar request... without even making a case or offering some sort of reason to be assigned to such a position.

I'm willing to cooperate with this one as well, though I question his motives.

Edited by Brotato

TORBJORN

Tor didn't consider himself a social animal, but Nyra had pretty much captured his interest and run with it. Her courage was endearing if nothing else. Her attitude, however, was not. His motives were quite different from other wolves', it was true, though he had hoped that no one would have cared as long as he was helping the pack. He watched her from the corner of his eye.

"Surely my motives are secondary so long as I'm helping the pack?" he replied simply. "I know I would be skilled as a scout leader, and I believe others know it too. I am stealthy, and a skilled tracker. And when it comes to chasing off loners, you can count on me to ensure they won't return."

Ace, Alpha

The alpha wasn't surprised to see wolves already lining up to volunteer for positions. He knew they all wanted power, but hey, this could help his pack survive, which was the only thing he was really caring about. Ace didn't entirely trust Tor, but Nyra seemed trustworthy, even a possible Alpha female. Of course, he wanted to actually fall in love with his alpha female, but he did find Nyra's white coat and oddly colored eyes quite...Interesting. Ace raised his head slightly, glancing at both Tor and Nyra before nodding slowly. ...Alright, you two may be our Scout leaders. I'll inform the others that said position is closed, thank you two for volunteering. Ace responded, keeping a tall stance before returning his gaze to Nyra's, holding her gaze. It wasn't often that wolves looked him straight in the eyes, some considered it a challenge, but he didn't see this as one. Nyra seemed to be proving her case, and he believed her.

TORBJORN

"Thank you, Ace. I'll make you proud," Tor replied, bowing his head to the alpha before moving away.

The look that Ace had given Nyra said plenty, and the subordinate would have been lying if he said he didn't find it disappointing. Finding a romantic partner was impossible, as Tor had never felt romantic attraction to anyone. Despite this, he still had urges like any other wolf; pups of his own, not for the experience of being a father, but so that his genes could go on even after he rotted away. For all his apathy, Tor found himself feeling somehow...lonely. He glanced over at the elk, which was being devoured quite thoroughly by the rest of the pack. He would be lucky to get even a mouthful by the time they were finished.

Really? It was that easy? Nyra assumed she'd have to be put through trials or something to get that position... Still, Ace had a solid point, the pack was HUGE, and its numbers needed to be put under control a little better. Uncertain about the amount of power she was just given, she took a mental note not to take it for granted. After all, she was still new to the pack.

It took a moment to register, but after Ace was done speaking and the two looked into each other's eyes for a few moments, for the first time in a long while, Nyra felt disarmed, as if for the first time in what seemed like forever, she lacked the words to form a coherent response.

I, uh... -she started saying, trying to collect her thoughts- Thank you, for your trust. -she finally replied, noticeably a little bit softer then her previous tone, before turning around and walking back down towards her fellow subordinates.

==================================

Observing the commotion, Nashota couldn't help but feel a sort of kinship towards Nyra after her short monologue. They had something in common, they both knew what they wanted, and they were both intent on getting it. Although, Nashota's interests were self-centered, where as Nyra was clearly trying to be a team player with her proposition. Walking up to the group, Nashota brushed past Nyra and Torbjorn sat down before Ace and stated:

I volunteer as a Scout. I'd rather not go into detail about why, but I fear I am quite inexperienced when it comes to hunting anything bigger then a hare. I too have some experience roughing it, however once more, not that much. If someone's willing to teach, I'm willing to learn. -Nashota spoke calmly, keeping an even voice and a straight face.

Edited by Brotato

Ace, Alpha

Ace nodded in response, a little surprised by the sudden softening in the subordinate's tone. Was she embarrassed? The alpha himself grew a little hot with embarrassment, but shook his fur out to distract himself from his unease. Um, not a problem at all. As for you, Tor, I hope you do. He replied before shifting slightly, feeling a little better as Nyra left and Nashota took her place. He kept a stall and dominant stance, gazing at the new member patiently. A scout with not much experience? He was a little hesitant in accepting her, but if she could learn, then perhaps she'd be of great use.

A scout with no experience...Well, if you believe you can learn if taught, I trust you to be a scout. However, if you don't show much improvement after awhile, I'll place you as a subordinate once more. Ace responded to Nashota in a clear voice, his tone revealing no emotion. He gave the newcomer a small wave of his tail to show that she was dismissed, waiting for the next wolf to take her place and apply for a position.

dionne; subordinate

When it seemed that most of the others had eaten, Dionne took a pause from the conversation to take a few pieces of meat and bring them back to the area she and Menemith were sitting at. She pushed a hunk of deer flank toward the pregnant she-wolf with her nose, and then settled on finishing off the fish she had picked up from the pile. She closed her eyes softly as she ate, grateful for the meal.

She remained quiet as Menemith spoke. It did not sound like an easy life that Menemith led, and Dionne felt a pang of sorrow well in her chest at the history that the pregnant wolf laid briefly before her. It was definitely not a history that Dionne could relate to. She had never truly feared another wolf in her life before, but from the tremble that captured the smaller brown female, Dionne could only imagine what horrors might have gripped her at night. No-- she could not even imagine.

"It is stronger, I think," she started in a quiet voice, "to protect yourself from harm than to give yourself over to someone who wishes it upon you." A flash of protectiveness raced through her, and Dionne wondered what she might do if such a wolf ever made his way into this territory. She could never allow someone like that anywhere near the wolves of this pack. "As for me, I left it a long time ago, when I was very young. The wolves of that pack were horrid and savage. I could not stand to live among them as though I owed them anything."

Ace's voice caught her attention once more, and Dionne looked up from her fish to listen intently to the alpha's announcement. It appeared as though new positions were being offered, something that definitely struck the white wolf as important. She stood from her spot gracefully, and nodded at Menemith to excuse herself. Dionne approached directly behind Nyra, and listened as others spoke up to claim their new positions.

Nyra and the male she had noticed before jumped at the opportunity for scout leader, and Dionne considered her options. There did not seem to be another available slot for a leader, a position she would have thought herself quite capable of, given her upbringing. But, nevertheless, Dionne would not fret too much over it. She could show her worth regardless of where she started from. Hell, she would prove it even if for some reason Ace demoted her to omega.

The white and gray wolf lifted her muzzle and interjected in a strong, cool voice, "And I will be a scout, if you will have me. Like Nyra, I know how survival works in these treacherous areas. I may not originate from these parts, but I will not fail to learn this territory down to each stone. I am swift, and I can endure any patrol you should have me take. This I promise you, Alpha." Her voice rang with clarity and she held herself high, unblinkingly and unfaltering.

Ace, Alpha

Ace let his amber gaze flicker to Dionne as she approached, watching the taller female wolf stand tall. He found his quite odd, catching his interest as she spoke coolly. She didn't seem to speak often, at least to the alpha, so hearing her voice was quite a surprise to the alpha, a little different. Ace believed she had been a past beta, some higher rank, at least that was how she seemed to hold herself. The alpha then found himself wondering if Dionne would attempt to become a beta. Ace pushed this thought away, believing that Dionne was friends with Kestra, after all, the beta female had intercepted Dionne and her friends and practically welcomed them into the pack. Alright then, I expect you to uphold this promise, Dionne. Consider yourself a scout from now on, just be sure to learn the land. Ace kept his posture straight and his ears pricked, his voice clear and deep as usual. The alpha then gave Dionne a small nod to show that she was dismissed, pausing only to shake out his silver-flecked pelt. He wasn't surprised to see Nuntis approach, and found himself narrowing his eyes at the arrogant female wolf.

I'd like you be a scout 'your majesty'. You know I'm sly and have my ways, and you are well aware of my knowledge of the land. My eyesight superior to any other wolf's, and my long legs give me swift strides. Nuntis sounded rude as always, giving Ace a little smirk as she glared into his eyes. The black-and-silver fur along Ace's spine rose, and he bared his fangs slightly, watching as Nuntis flinched and quickly ducked away. Deep down, Ace didn't want the sly wolf to be a scout, but she was right. She knew the land like the back of her paw, and she was quite swift with great eyesight. Besides, Ace could easily fight her if needed, she was a thin wolf made for running rather than fighting.

If you change your tone of voice and learn some respect, I'll allow you to be a scout and keep your worthless hide. Are we clear, Nuntis? Ace spoke in a growl, his ears flattened slightly and hackles raising slightly. Nuntis flattened her ears and lowered her head, tucking her golden tail between her legs before letting out a submissive whine. Of course, she really didn't mean it, she simply wanted this new position and the power. She wouldn't get much power, actually practically nothing, but this new position meant being farther away from Ace for a longer amount of time. She'd do just about anything for that.

...Yes sir, I'm sorry sir...

MENEMITH

Menemith nodded her thanks, tail thumping against the ground gratefully, and tore into the meat. The flavor barely had time to flow over her tongue before she was down, reaching for another mouthful. As she peeled flesh from bone, she litsened intently to Dionne's story. Perhaps they had similar places of origin? Menemith had never met wolves that behaved as mindless savages; the closest thing she could imagine to Dionne's old pack was her own. The wolves there had no empathy for the weak, and had no problems tearing into wolves who could not protect themselves. Menemith had been one of the flightiest wolves in the pack, and as a result she was bullied into submission until they decided they didn't want her anymore.

Which was partly why she liked Dionne. Despite having just met, Menemith thought the gray-and-white wolf was trustworthy. She seemed sympathetic, a reaction most wolves didn't have. As the other former loner excused herself, Menemith decided that Dionne presented an opportunity for friendship, and that she would have been a fool not to take it. Perhaps life was getting better after all.

TORBJORN

"I can escort you around the territory, as well as any other new packmate who needs to learn the terrain," Tor replied, glancing at Dionne.

His gaze finally settled on Nyra, whose ambition overshadowed her common sense. How could she hope to lead scouts in a territory she just discovered? His expression was not unkind, simply helpful and calm. He hoped to stay on the white wolf's good side as long as possible, though he wasn't sure he could. He couldn't read her like he could other wolves.

((Wait, what

Blake. Reply to Blake. But Ace called them. Hrm.

AHA!))

"I'm good, Blake," Hiera started, but was cut off by a loud howl calling all the pack members to the evening meal.

"We should go," she said, leading him to where Ace was. They made it just in time to hear Ace's announcement. Hiera listened intently. Then she left Blake, and walked up to Ace, paws gently padding against the floor.

"Excuse me, Sir, but the rank of Herbalist sounds like a stay-at-base kind of job, and since I can't do anything anyway, I'd love to stay and be a Herbalist, if that's okay," Hiera asked quietly. Kestra, whom was sitting next to Ace, was watching quietly. Hiera looked as if she was determined to get the job. Kestra smiled and grinned. She looked at Ace, giving him a look saying, She'd be a great fit for the role.

((I want Hiera to be friends with Menemith too!))

dionne; scout

She kept her gaze on Ace as he spoke. "You will not regret it. I appreciate your approval," she answered with a dip of her muzzle. Her tail swept to the side as a sign of her gratitude, and at his dismissal she turned and sauntered a few paces away. However, the white female cast another glance over her shoulder at the Alpha, curiosity in her gold eyes. She wondered about him. Where his morals lay, what he desired, what he thought of the world. Dionne was not a wolf that threw her loyalty about every way the wind blew. It was important to her to find someone worthy of it. So far, she had not seen anything would count against him. But, perhaps she just needed more time to get a feel for what kind of wolf he was. She regarded him a moment longer, her gaze trailing across his figure as she thought. He seemed interested in other things, it appeared, and her gaze landed momentarily on Nyra before switching back to Ace. At some point or another, Dionne might get the chance to speak with him, to get to know him better, should he desire to return the favor. For now at least she decided he had other more important duties that did not include speaking to a freshly former loner. At least, not her.

Dionne turned fully away from Ace this time to survey the camp again. It was only then she realized the scout leader male-- Torbjorn, was it? Wasn't he one of the ones Kestra said to be wary of?-- was speaking to her. The white female sat back and licked gingerly at one of her paws before glancing over at him. "I would be a fool to refuse such a gesture," she responded casually, sitting straight. "Any chance I can get to improve my ability to provide, I will take."

TORBJORN

Tor's eyes narrowed in mild satisfaction at Dionne's reply. He padded over to her and sat down on the cool stone floor of the cave. He figured now was the time to start bonding with the new wolves. He wanted to know as much about them as he could, so that when the time came he would be able to fight them off... or convince them to join, depending on the case. He already suspected Nyra a lost cause, but Dionne he was unsure of. Given the little look of longing she'd given the alpha it was possible she, too, was a lost cause. Still, Tor decided it best he talk to her anyway. He didn't want to scare away potential recruits.

"Excellent. We'll leave early tomorrow morning. If Nyra wishes to come, she's welcome to." Tor paused, and then announced, "any other newcomers are welcome to join me for one patrol, so that they may get the lay of the land. We wouldn't want any of you to get lost."

He turned back to Dionne. "I'm Torbjorn. Welcome to the pack."

MENEMITH

The brown-furred wolf watched the chatter as she gnawed on the hunk of meat Dionne had brought her. It was almost completely gone, and her belly was comfortably full. She stripped the last bits of flesh from the bone and nudged it aside so that she could stretch out. As she did so she overheard a female voice offer her skills as an herbalist; Menemith raised her head and picked out another pregnant wolf. Her curiosity piqued, she sat up and studied her more closely. Gray, with short, round ears and smooth features. She was quite beautiful. Menemith waited for her to finish with Ace before padding over shyly.

Understood. -nodded Nashota when she was dismissed, and simply walked away, back into the group of subordinates.

When Torbjorn made his rather loud announcement, Nashota simply glanced between him and Nyra.

I plan to. -she said quaintly after Torbjorn was done talking.

My plans for this unit are yet unachievable with so few members, especially with them split between us. If I'm going to train a team, I'll need full commitment.

I can commit. If you want I'll pull a few strings around camp, see if I can get someone else worthwhile into the team.

You do that. Right now two will be plenty. Nashota, right?.

Yes ma'am. I can't wait to get started.

Patience. We're not taking heavy duty until I'm sure you and your partner-to-be are ready. For now we'll follow him.. -she idly gestured towards Torbjorn- ..around until someone else volunteers. Besides, a sweep of the territory is called-for here.

Yes ma'am. -Nashota nodded, then glanced between Dionne and Torbjorn. They were starting out with an excellent roster already, despite Tor's eye injury. I'm sure he won't need depth perception for this line of work. ...who am I kidding, he definitely will. I just hope it doesn't come around to bite him in the arse one day. -she thought grimly.

Edited by Brotato

TORBJORN

"Fantastic."

Part of him wanted to nip Nyra for assuming power so quickly. How could she be so confident in such an unfamiliar environment? Unless she had already swept the territory before joining.... It wasn't the kind of thing loners did, as most considered it disrespectful to trespass on a pack's land any more than necessary. The other part of him was a little thrilled that they were working together. She didn't seem to care much for him, but that was alright. He was certain they would work well together in planning each day's forays.

Tor was well aware of the glance he recieved from Nashota; so far no one had brough up his injured eye. It was clear that some wondered if he would be able to maintain his duty with such an injury, but he had a lifetime of experience in dealing with it, and as a result, remained confident in himself. He'd show them all soon enough.

Edited by oddinomaly

Red

It was almost funny how a clueless pup could hit a nerve and injure the female wolf's ego, reaching the goal of upsetting Red's pride. Red easily and almost lazily flipped the pup onto his pack, pinning him down. "Don't you dare say that," she growled into the pup's ear. She paused, rethinking her choices. The tan canine stared her gray eyes into the pup's before releasing the small wolf that was pinned by her. "You seem like a smart little pup, yet still a runt. I see how you have already been welcomed to camp, yet I don't see why you have strayed out of the camp. You should head back in, especially how the feast and announcements have already began. I am Red, the alpha's sister," Red said with a cold smile on her maw. To get more wolves on her side, she could easily convince the pups. They were little confused bundles of useless flesh and bones, well until they were taught the right things and grown up.

Red headed towards camp, taking Shade with her. She had decided something; she was to take care of Shade, almost be a mentor to him. She would convince him to her ways, an unknown mind could be easily convinced at the start and hard to persuade once older. The wolf lead the pup into camp, and seeing how the higher ranks have already taken their share, she strode forward and tore a chunk for herself and some for Shade. Red listened to her bore of a brother drone on about new ranks and something silly like that as she tore a smaller chunk for Shade. "Ace is the alpha, but a not very good one. He's slightly, weak, and I'm afraid the pack might go thin and careless if he remains in control," Red explained as she ate. All she could do was hope that the pup could agree with her.

((Red will try and convince Shade to join her but since he has sided with Ace already, she will try even harder to convince the pup. But later on she will realise that he is a lost cause and that no amount of convincing will work. If that's okay with you.))

Blake, subordinate

After hearing Ace's announcement of new positions in the pack, Blake knew what to do. He walked to the leader, who has just finished talking with Nuntis, who applied for a position of a scout. He liked her - she wasn't maybe a kindest wolf in the pack and it was obvious she didn't like Ace and sided more with Red than the leader and that's what Blake and her had in common.

"If it suits you, I'd like to be a hunting leader." Blake said nonchalantly to Ace. It was obvious that he will agree to his proposition and it was just a formality. No matter how much they didn't like each other, every wolf in the pack knew about hunting experience of the black wolf and probably none could boast that they had richer one. Blake raised his tail confidently and waited for response.

((Red the mastermind xd.png Unless Shade will change sides, you know, he is only a pup and things happen...))

Shade

He dug into the meat, savoring the flavor. He hadn't had a real meal in ages, and this was heaven. Although a few scraps of meat and a few smooth words are far cry from something I'd desert for. He licked his chops, cleaning himself a little before he spoke. "I know what you mean. I haven't been here long, but I've seen it." He made sure to look around to see if anyone was listening, then continued. '"He tries to rule with an iron paw, but how he wants to run the pack is breaking it. He's too focused on his own gain." He paused and ate another chunk. "You seem capable though. You're strong, smart, and perceptive."

Internally, he scoffed. So perceptive she can't tell when a pup is lying to her. I've seen Ace be strict, merciful, suspicious, kind, and a host of other things, all for the sake of the pack. He's an amazing leader. She, however, is willing to snap at anything that irritates her, not checking what it is beforehand. Unchecked anger like that would shatter a pack. He grinned. However, it'll be fun to see how far this ruse plays out.

((That's perfectly okay. :3))

Ace, Alpha

Ace dismissed Nuntis with a firm flick of his tail, his glare cold as he watched her slink away. He would never trust that wolf, he deemed her just as untrustworthy as his own sister. Ace forced his fur flat before letting out a sigh, doing his best to relax and push the arrogant female wolf out of his mind. The alpha opened his eyes to see Hiera and Blake before him. He wasn't so sure about giving Hiera a job just yet, after all, she was still expecting and would eventually birth a litter of pups, which would require her attention and care. He didn't trust Blake much either, but simply leading a patrol to hunt wouldn't give him much power, so that was fine with Ace. Besides, Blake was getting older, so who knew how long he'd like to serve before he'd retire? You may be a hunting leader, Blake; I expect good things from you, don't disappoint me. Ace's voice rang out clear, his eyes then shifting to Hiera. He gave his follower a small nod a little smile.

I see you as an Herbalist, Hiera. I believe you have the skills, but when your pups come, you may have to step down for awhile, or only work when greatly needed. Ace responded, ruffling his fur slightly as he spoke. He then gave both wolves a small nod to show that they were dismissed if they were finished speaking. He spotted Menemith in the distance, and suddenly felt a little uneasy. She was a weaker wolf who happened to be expecting, and he feared she would be pushed into the position of an omega after her pups came.

Harmony, Subordinate

Rather than apply for a job like most of the wolves, Harmony simply sat back and surveyed the doings of the pack. She liked being a subordinate, and she personally didn't find herself as a leader. The position of a herbalist did catch her attention, however, but she loved hunting and being outside running about freely. As much as the red wolf loved helping others, she always enjoyed a good chase. Harmony had dined on one of the fish she and her fellow subordinates had caught earlier, and was rather pleased with her meal. Though it was small, it was good to actually feel slightly full, as she hadn't eaten in awhile.

Hiera nodded and grinned. Part-time was good enough for her, she still got the job. Then she saw someone watching her. She walked over to her. It was another pregnant wolf. She had done a good job of hiding it, but the she-wolf's body was too thin for her to look well fed.

"Hi there. I'm Hiera," Hiera said to her.

MENEMITH

Menemith felt her tail tip start to wag. She guessed this was the wolf she would be living with, assuming the pack slept with their ranks. A familiar instinct was awoken; the desire to please. The instinct was what made her the omega she had been. Menemith felt that the easiest way to make and maintain peace was through allowing other wolves to walk over her. It usually worked; other wolves were so busy beating up on her that they didn't have time to fight amongst themselves. Even with all those horrible memories, excitement was rising in her belly. She was with other wolves! She was in a pack again!

"I'm Menemith. I, uh...I'm new. Nashota is my sister," she replied, perhaps too quickly. "Is there a chance you can show me around?"