20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

dionne; scout | morte; healer

The white and gray she-wolf lowered her head slightly. Although her skin was still warm from the embarrassment, the momentary panic died off at Nashota's reassuring words. Well, at least Dionne wouldn't have to worry about making amends with Nyra, if the albino was as...dense as Nashota said. Besides, the brown scout was right. So what if Nyra knew? Dionne relaxed slightly and lifted her head again, her silver face thoughtful. They were a pack, a family, and a weird crush wouldn't change that. At least, Dionne hoped not; but at this rate, Dionne had better chances with Ace than she ever would with her scout leader.

Dionne snorted softly. Now there was a thought.

Her golden eyes flickered up to Nashota again, softening slightly as the other scout mentioned her rough beginnings. Dionne knew those feelings-- they were a huge part of why she was here now, trying to make a connection to her new pack. The emptiness, the loneliness, the craving of a family that actually cared for her well-being... Dionne didn't want to return to those weary nights, either. She nodded her head at Nashota and said, "You are right. These shadows may be comforting, but I've no use for them with packlife. What's the point of being part of a pack if I keep myself isolated?" A small smile graced her muzzle. The kinship she felt toward Nashota grew stronger, and she silently thanked the other she-wolf for the encouraging words. Somehow she doubted Nashota would appreciate a well-meaning lick to the snout.

Dionne sat up and gave herself a shake. "Well, I suppose everyone must start somewhere," she mused, a new lightness to her voice that hadn't been there a few moments ago. She would try, and she would hold onto this foreign opptimism as long as she could. Glancing around, she caught sight of the disabled healer hobbling around the front of the cave entrance. She gave Nashota a quick side-smile before rising to her feet, inhaling deeply, and approaching Morte.

"Good morning, Morte," Dionne said, thankful that the awkwardness she felt had not managed to weasel its way into her placid voice. She stopped a few feet away and glanced back over at Nashota before looking up to see Morte's hazel eyes widen in slight surprise. He appeared worried about something, and although the concern did not leave his expression, he offered a brief smile and wag of his tail in return.

"Good morning, Dionne. Are you feeling alright?" he asked, brown ears pressed forward.

Dionne held back a laugh. It was out of her nature to facilitate conversation, but she didn't imagine it would be that worrisome. "I am feeling fine, but thank you." She paused; what else could she say? Shifting in her spot, Dionne added, "Is everything alright with you? You look...concerned."

Morte's distracted gaze tracked back to Dionne's face. She was calm and collected, as he usually saw her, but there was a hint of something different in her expression. He wondered momentarily if something had excited her to a point where her usual social guards had lowered. "Oh, yes, everything's fine. Just fine." Silence fell between them, but then an idea seemed to strike the healer and his gaze brightened. "Oh! Dionne! You're a scout, aren't you?"

She blinked, slightly startled by his sudden eagerness. "Yes, why?"

Morte paced in front of her, his injured leg giving him a strange and uneven gait. "My young brother, Craven...well, I sent him out to gather some flowers to help our mothers with pain this morning, but I haven't seen sign of him in a while. And he's...well, he's prone to run off at times. Wants to impress his friends and all that, you know, and I'm not exactly in shape to go running off after him..."

Dionne frowned. "You want me to go look for Craven?"

Morte grimanced slightly. "Would that be too much to ask? I can ask another scout if it's too much trouble."

"No, that's alright, I can help," she said, gazing out toward the open trees. This was an opportunity to branch out, even if it was akin to babysitting. Hopefully Craven wasn't getting into trouble... Dionne wasn't well versed in dealing with youngsters. "What direction did you send him off in?"

After Morte explained what he had asked Craven to retrieve, Dionne padded back toward Nashota. "I'm going to go fetch a lost pup.You're welcome to come with me if you want, but I understand if that's a bit uninspiring," she said, slightly amused at the thought of the two of them scouring the territory for a wandering puppy. Whatever Nashota decided, Dionne dismissed herself with a bow of her head before trekking into the outside world where Craven's aging scent trail led her into the frozen bushes.

After a few minutes of following the pup's rather conspicious trail through the forest, Dionne caught wind of something else. The smell of fresh meat caused her to lift her nose in the air with surprise, and in a matter of moments she realized Ace, Nyra, and Maxine's scents were mingled in with the deer. Curious, Dionne wound through the trees, keeping her eye on Craven's little pawprints in the snow. Before too long a clearing opened itself to her attention, and a trail of blood with Maxine's fresh scent led off toward camp again. Dionne paused at the scene. Craven must have seen the hunting party take down the deer, but that didn't explain why Nyra and Ace's scents diverged into a different direction than Maxine's. Little Craven appeared to have followed them, too.

Dionne's ears pricked upward. Someone was approaching-- she could hear voices distant on the wind. Muzzle held high, the she-wolf stalked into the forest undergrowth toward the sound.

craven; pup | dionne; scout

His wide-eyes stared at Nyra's blood-coated face. Her red eyes froze him in place, and the intruder's words echoed in his young mind. She ripped off someone's tail and made them eat it? That was the most brutal thing Craven had ever heard. Would she do that to him for eavesdropping? His tail tucked instinctively as she snarled at the other wolf. As Nyra took off a few paces after him, Craven crouched lower to the ground, ears pressed as far against his little skull as they could go.

When Nyra approached again, Craven immediately crawled foward at her demand. There was no way he was going to risk pissing her off! But then suddenly Ace appeared, and it took all of Craven's strength not to just bolt off into the woods. Oh, why did he have to go and wander off?! Now he was stuck with the scariest wolves in the whole pack, and Red wasn't here to defend him!

Craven adverted his eyes from Ace and stared at his paws. "S-sorry," he muttered, and as Nyra started forward he set into a quick pace behind her.

As she talked, Craven stole quick glances between the two adults. Ace was intimidating, sure, but the sight of the albino's bloodstained face was enough to set him straight for weeks. Morte definitely didn't have to worry about him running off for a while...

A soft sound made Craven's head snap up. Another white wolf was approaching, and it took him a moment to recognize her. She was another wolf that joined the pack at the same time as Nyra, but she was a lot less...angry looking than the albino. Her golden eyes shifted down to him sharply, and he saw an etching of relief in her face at once. Oh no, she was probably sent by his big brother...

"I see you two have found our little vagabond," the scout commented, lifting an eyebrow at Craven. However, when her gaze shifted to Nyra, she stopped abruptly at the sight of her bloodied face. Dionne moved forward instinctively to clean her leader's muzzle, but halted and stilled, as if unsure of how to proceed. Was that appropriate to do, especially in front of Ace? She looked to their Alpha and cleared her throat. "Morte sent me to find Craven. Did something happen?" Concern flashed through her golden eyes as she looked from Nyra to Ace before down at Craven inquisititively.

(I'll edit in colors later)

Ace, Alpha

The alpha wasn't surprised to see Nyra's face covered in blood, in fact, he was quite pleased. That meant she was doing her job and defending her pack's territory, deeming herself a loyal wolf. Maybe loyal enough to be his...- No, what was the alpha thinking?! She'd have no interest in him, especially as a love interest. Where were these thoughts coming from, anyways? His loneliness was getting to him apparently, so he'd just have to make some friends, that was all. Ace followed Nyra at a steady, pace, his hackles threatening to rise, though he forced them flat. He wasn't pleased to know that there had been an intruder, and deep down, he wished to run after the wolf. The massive wolf's gaze drifted to the scrap of fur beside him, his gaze stern, yet a little gentle. And might I ask what you were doing out of camp? If Nyra hadn't gotten to that lone wolf, who knows what would've happened to you. For all we know, you could be our future beta or alpha, and we don't want you dead. Though a little dark, it was the cold truth. His amber gaze slid back over to Nyra, a bit of worry flashing in his bright orbs. Was she alright? He listened to her explanation.

It's no problem, every wolf makes a mistake when it comes to hunting, even my father. He was fantastic at hunting, but he had his moments when he could've easily caught something, and totally messed everything up. Maxine and I did finish it off, I ordered her to return with it and not let a soul touch it until we return. Ace commented, quickening his pace to walk alongside the scout leader before putting his head on a slight incline, the worry in his gaze growing more intense. You can tell me the rest back at camp in my den or somewhere else, if the matter is something you don't want every ear to hear. The dark-furred wolf then paused, giving the albino female wolf a small nudge on her shoulder. ...Hey, are you alright? You're a good wolf, I...I don't want to lose you.

His head suddenly jerked up, his ears pricking in alarm as he heard another creature approaching. His black fur bristled slightly, only to flatten as he detected Dionne's scent, spotting the pale wolf exiting the bracken. Greetings, Dionne. He paused as the scout trudged closer, confusion replacing the alpha's worry as she edged rather close to Nyra. Um...Nyra ran into an intruder and chased this intruder off, later running into Craven. After Maxine and I finished a buck that Nyra injured, I went looking for Nyra, and here she is.

I did cause a lot of noise, that's probably what drew his attention. -the albino mumbled under her breath. Craven was just a pup after all, and while Ace was absolutely right to be scolding the little tyke for being so far from home on his own, she felt it best to avoid making a bad impression on him. She had no idea what to say to the little one herself. Her only instinct was to scold it as she would scold either of her scouts for acts of incompetence, recklessness or disobedience, but pups are inexperienced and easily intimidated, and it's family's loyalty may well hinge on what Craven tells them later that day, so she remained silent on the matter.

Her silence continued as Ace patronized her for her mistake during the hunt. She really hated that, and would have much preferred to have been told how much she'd messed up, and how badly it could have ended, but she kept a straight face, and her mouth closed. Ace's words rang hollow, for Nyra had no intention of trying to hunt anything other than another wolf again any time soon, unless explicitly ordered to do so.

When the matter of what she knew of Lucky and his gang of thugs was addressed, she nodded quietly at Ace's offer to speak of it in private. The details she would give him weren't for everyone's ears, for some very specific reasons.

I'm okay. I'll be sore tomorrow, but I'm fine otherwise. -she nodded in reply and smiled lightly when Ace voiced his concerns for her. Hey, just between you and me, I'd like to keep you around too, but for more reasons than you are probably aware of. -she whispered the last couple of words, and nudged him playfully.

"I see you two have found our little vagabond."

Dionne? -the albino immediately looked towards her scout, surprised to see her, as if she'd popped out of nowhere. Gah! -she pawed once at her injured ear, frustrated at how it'd betrayed her. It was still ringing a little, so she hadn't heard her scout approaching. Backing up slightly and arcing an eyebrow, Nyra was unsure what to make of Dionne's sudden breach of her personal space. Nyra had never before been cleaned by another wolf, thus the confusion. Thankfully, her scout backed away before the matter was addressed... She listened to them converse, as Ace explained well enough what had happened. She needn't not interject, so once they were done, she glanced between the three, and idly suggested: We should probably find Maxine, make sure she's alright and help her carry the catch back. That buck wasn't exactly small, you know. It's not a one wolf job to drag it back all the way to camp.

Edited by Brotato

dionne; scout | craven; pup

Not moments after Ace spoke did Dionne smell the traces of the intruder he spoke of coming from Nyra. Her fur bristled instinctively and she nosed at the wind for a moment, eyes bright, as if she might catch something to chase after. Given that Nyra and Ace weren't currently chasing after him, though, Dionne felt the matter was settled for now. She would have offered to run the intruder down herself, but both of them appeared to be preoccupied by something else.

Dionne eyed the pair for a moment. Perhaps she had overstepped by getting close to Nyra; she attempted to amend that by taking another step back and lowering her ears. Was she interrupting something? The scout blinked at her Alpha and scout leader and then gazed down at Craven. "Well, fortunately he's still in one piece," she said, looking at the young wolf pointedly. The golden pup's ears folded back again and he stared at his paws. While Nyra and Ace spoke, he snuck a quick peek at the Alpha. Maybe Ace wasn't as terrifying as he thought... The idea of becoming the next Alpha was tempting, and he was surprised Ace had mentioned it at all. Slowly, his little tail gave a small wag, but he dared not speak up in case Ace changed his mind.

Dionne huffed a breath at Craven, and the pup obliged by falling into step with the golden-eyed scout as she moved away from the small gathering. Dionne didn't want to intrude on...well, whatever was going on between those two. It wasn't her place. Still, this whole "make friends" business was a lot harder than Nashota made it sound, and Dionne had still managed to make things a little awkward with her unsolicited approach. The white wolf shook her head faintly. She would leave that thought for another time.

She backtracked to the hunt scene in front of the others, Craven close by her heels. The blood trail was easy enough to follow, and the size of the deer likely slowed down Maxine's pace back to camp. Therefore, within a matter of minutes Dionne picked up on the sound of a carcass dragging across the earth, so she quickened her gait to catch up to the lone subordinate. Upon sighting the other female, Dionne gave a gentle woof greeting. With one glance at Craven, she gestured toward the dead stag. "You're not hurt, are you? Go on, grab something and pull. If you're old enough to explore on your own, you're old enough to help bring back a kill."

In Craven's daydream of hunting down a deer on his own, he had neglected to think of how he was supposed to deliver it to the pack. Grumbling under his breath, the young wolf patched onto a foreleg. With Dionne's jaws secure around the back of the stag's neck, they managed to take some of the strain off of Maxine as they hauled the kill through the forest.

(Haha, sorry that was all a little pointless with bringing Dionne in)

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Ace, Alpha

Ace grew hot with embarrassment as Nyra silently replied to his concerns for her, the alpha ducking his head and feeling himself blush. No, she probably didn't mean that she wanted him to stick around for a relationship, a friendship, or something more...She probably meant to lead the pack and keep it safe from Red...Yeah...The black-pelted wolf nodded in agreement, angling his ears towards the kill. Maxine's that way, at least that's where we made the kill. It may be a bigger buck, but I do have faith in her, she's strong, but it's always nice to help out. The alpha paused, his amber gaze falling back onto Nyra, noticing that she clearly had some issues with her ear.

And be sure to get that ear checked out, I saw you pawing at it. That's an order. Quickly turning so she wouldn't argue and he wouldn't get even more embarrassed, the alpha trotted off in the direction of Maxine, his tail held high like a flag as he strode off. Pricking his ears as he caught the faint scent of the black female wolf, Ace continued after Dionne, seeing that she clearly knew where she was going. The alpha paused, preparing to grab a foreleg only to find that Craven was grabbing one as well. Dipping his head, the alpha clasped his jaws around the top foreleg, allowing the pup to carry the on dragging against the snow. After all, the alpha was clearly taller than the pup, so allowing the youngster to carry the top foreleg would be a mistake. Ace trotted along, watching his paws so he didn't trip over the scrap of fur, occasionally glancing around to make sure the patrol wasn't being followed by any intruders.

Maxine, Subordinate

Max had taken a few breaks in-between trips back to the cave and was taking one now when Dionne approached her with Craven and Ace. She nodded to them gratefully before taking another leg of the buck before the former two started to drag it back and she helped them drag it back through the snow. As she did that, she glanced over at Nyra and saw her injuries. She wondered if it was all from hunting the buck with her or if it was because of an intruder. After she thought of that, she had her attention go back to the buck that was going to be their dinner. She could feel her mouth start to water as she tasted it and knew how delicious it would be but she fought back the temptation of eating it right then and there since Ace as the alpha had to eat first before her and all of the other wolves in the pack.

You don't say... -Nyra thought, rolled her eyes, then agreed to do as instructed. Once back at camp, she would have to consult a herbalist. As if she needed a direct order to get herself back in tip top shape, especially with the threat of Crimson's plans to overthrow Ace looming over them. No doubt the red-furred one was willing to take every opportunity to chisel away at Ace's influence, and those who supported him. Thankfully, the scout leader could no doubt depend on her scouts, should things actually go to hell as a result of her weakened state.

As the rest took their positions to aid in carrying their catch, so did she. Biting down on the buck's neck, she subtly cringed in discomfort at the painful reminder that several of her back teeth had been shattered not long ago. Even so, she didn't let go, and helped the others drag the pack's meal. With all four of them sharing the load, it took them very little time and effort to make their way back.

As they re-entered the camp, they were greeted by Nashota, who'd come running, visibly concerned. She glanced between the several wolves, eyes resting on her scout leader. I thought I smelled blood, I should have known it'd be you, chief. You alright?

Nyra released her hold on the buck's neck and spat out a tuft of red-stained fur, grimacing in disgust. Perhaps the fuzzy neck area wasn't the best place to hang onto for so long after all. The animal's hairs had gotten everywhere, including between her teeth, and some further into her throat.

I'm fine, Nashota. But we'll need... -she sneezed out a few more hairs- censorkip.gif, we'll need to reschedule a few of our rounds for the following weeks. Some disturbing developments have come to my attention that the three of us will discuss with Ace in due time. For now, help carry this in to, wherever. The albino had no clue what was done with the catch once the hunters hauled it in, nor where it was left to stay. She took her share from wherever the alpha ordered, that's all she knew, and that's all that concerned her on the matter.

If you'll excuse me, I need to see a wolf about a few cracked teeth. -she jested, before wandering off, looking for one of the herbalists.

After greeting her fellow packmates and her alpha, Nashota calmly spoke: Quite the kill, so where should we take it?

Crimson

She was waiting for the response from the wolves next to her, when Nyra, her brother and a bunch of other canines bursted into the camp. The group was all carrying a large, heavy buck, which she then immediately turned to face the patrol. She remained silent, watching the group converse for a few moments before Nyra had left.

Was she concerned about the blood wounds Nyra had? Heck no, in fact, she almost was gleeful at the sight of one of her enemies wounded and easier to take down. Crimson walked towards the remaining group, and pointed towards the place where the kills were placed, which was bare except for a few smaller catches.

"If you're wondering where to put that buck, it's over there. I can help, if you need. Who caught this?" the wolf spoke, her tone not of sarcasm or anger for once. She eyed her brother for a few moments before redirecting her gaze to Nashota, who she had asked her question.

Perceptive as always, Nashota couldn't help but catch the satisfaction in Crimson's eyes when she eyed up Nyra's injuries. It didn't surprise her, yet at the same time, it still bothered her. Knowing the traitorous one's rank, Nashota knew that if ever there was a time to amp up the sass, it was now. Looking over towards the practically vacant area where the pack's food was supposed to reside, she sighed lightly and started to speak:

Morning, Crimson, or should I say afternoon. Had a pleasant day relaxing here, in camp? -she squinted slightly and smirked- Evidently the pack isn't getting enough food, so Ace, Maxine, and Nyra took time from their allotted duties to pitch in and help pick up the slack left behind by the actual wolves responsible for supplying us with enough to eat. -she huffed dismissively- Pity. But since you're so eager to help in doing your job now, why not.

((Shiny? Can I ask a small favor once you get around to posting? All the other herbalists are currently inactive, and I understand that Morte is Craven's brother, and a herbalist. Could you perhaps have Craven direct her to Morte, or have Morte address her directly? She needs to be patched up. Besides, from what I understand, Craven has some things to say xd.png ))

Edited by Brotato

Red

Red blinked, slightly stunned by her words, but she didn't let it show. She paused before a cold smile began to spread on her own maw. She knew what the other wolf was doing; she wasn't stupid, Nashota was usually so nice. "Oh, yes, that's good to know. I went for a morning run and caught a few hares for the pack, but actually, Torjborn, Blake and I were actually planning a hunting patrol that would leave quick soon," She said, pausing with a dark stare into Nashota's eyes, holding it for a few seconds too long.

"Ren also wanted to come with us." She bluntly stated, her eyes leaving the other wolf as if it was no big deal. She was obviously hinting that Ren was considering joining her side. "But, I guess, since that brave, talented, scout-leader Nyra went out hunting and caught such a good kill, there would be no need for us to go out?" Red questioned, quirking a wolf brow at the other canine. "Honestly, I hate it when wolves don't do their jobs too, but I hate it even more when they take on another wolf's role without approval, don't you agree, Nashota?" She darkly chuckled softly before stalking off, making sure she harshly brushed pelts with Nashota on the way.

Edited by Tiga

Listening quietly with narrowed eyes, Nashota could feel herself fuming with anger at the deceptive and corrupting words of the red-furred traitor.

As she brushed past, the scout abruptly gave Crimson a light defiant shove.

Then stop planning, and start doing. -she growled, before realizing that Ace and Maxine were watching.

Her behavior was highly out of place, so she bottled up her frustration and tried to salvage the situation.

After Crimson had stalked off, Nashota muttered something about her turn to be on patrol, before darting off.

The inexperienced scout still had a lot to learn about proper social etiquette, and her impulse-driven social behavior would no doubt continue to be a hindrance, should she fail to correct it and avoid other such unnecessary confrontations in the future. But sadly, that was the last thing on her mind at the time.

==============================================

Meanwhile, having just returned from his idle stroll through the Night Pack territory, carrying a hare with his jaws, Torque listened in to the snappy exchange of derisive comments as he casually deposited the animal onto the food pile. As he turned back around to look at the group, he caught the final moments of the confrontation and Nashota's swift departure, shook his head in dismay and wondered: What crawled up her arse?. Whatever had gotten into that scout, he definitely didn't want any. Moving away from the food pile, he waited for a few moments, before approaching Crimson.

Everyone's a critic these days. -he jested.

Looks like my sister's negative influence is really rubbing off on that scout.

Nashota's her name, right? When she first joined up, the only words she seemed to know were "Yes" and "Sir" or "Ma'am". -he noted- In that order, no less.

((Anyone seen Shiny lately?))

Edited by Brotato

((yay for this roleplay becoming a 1x1 xd.png))

Red

The she-wolf rolled her eyes in exasperation before giving a sound of agreement. "I guess Nyra really has a strong effect on this pack. This isn't good, at all. Especially since she is getting closer and closer to Ace. Before we even blink, she would be the pack's Alpha Female, and the two do not make a good pair at all," she spat angrily, eyes glaring at her own brother.

"I guess what we need to do now is to lay low. We can't do any action that makes Ace's side to get stronger and more wary, we need to stay quiet, recruit and strike when it gives the most surprise," Red decided, her red furred ears perking up as she spoke. Her side side was nearly 1:2 to her brother's side now, and it was not good. Although they had strong fighters, it wouldn't be enough. They needed to recruit more.

Well... -he arced an eyebrow, sighed lightly and politely gestured for the two to have a little walk as they spoke. After all, standing in one place, near the alpha no less, speaking of plans to overthrow him wasn't quite the laying low Red was referring to.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think that's going to work out so well for us. You said we're pressed for time, and if my sister does claw her way to Ace's naive little heart, take the authority of an Alpha herself, then we're practically doomed. She'll shut us down immediately, if not exile us outright. -he paused, considering the outcomes- Well, probably not. Your supporters would riot if she tried that, but she'd definitely make our lives a living hell.

As the two finally got way out of earshot from any possible eavesdroppers, Torque stopped and sat down and nonchalantly scratched himself behind the ear. Much better. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, if we're going to be fighting for supporters, that'd be really hard for us currently. My sister has the upper hand in that because she's claiming high moral grounds. By siding with Ace, and incriminating US while maintaining positive living conditions for the other wolves here, she's effectively turning everyone against you. -he raised his paw defensively- Hear me out. If you were a fence-sitter, and had to choose between a bloody revolution, or a continuation of provided safety, food and shelter, would you really chose the former? -he lowered his paw and sighed lightly- As long as this pack is operating well, Ace's image will remain unsullied. No wolf would want to change a system that works. If we're to have him overthrown with the assistance of others, well there are only two things I can think of... -he paused briefly, as if uncertain he wanted to continue- Sabotage the pack, or incriminate it's prime contributors. Either way, we'll have to go completely under the radar about our goals, if we do the latter, then we have to earn the others' trust by becoming new candidates for their affections.

If memory served, there had been talk of such underhanded attempts between Red and her supporters before, but the ideas simply never took off the ground for some reason. Regardless, Torque simply couldn't see any other way to get by his sister. He'd been observing her for the past weeks, and was certain of his observations.

There's something else, that wolf currently leading the pack's scouts. That's not Nyra. It's definitely not the sister I remember. I don't know where she learned to be so convincing, but she's managed to fool pretty much everyone with that mask she's wearing currently. All we have to do is take it off, and show her for the rabid mongrel she really is. What I'm wondering though, is how no one has seen her show her fangs yet. -he paused for a moment, considering the state of things- Her duty is to patrol the grounds and keep trespassers out, and so far she hasn't made any mistakes. But has anyone actually seen what she's doing to those wolves who wander into our territory?

I certainly haven't. But my sister has come back smelling of foreign blood more than just a few times.

Edited by Brotato

Ace, Alpha

As his sister approached the kill, he gave her a sharp glare, feeling her glare burn into his dense pelt as well. How I hate her...She could care less about what happens to the pack, so long as I'm Alpha. If she were Alpha, there'd be no pack to lead. Pah. Turning, Ace made his way to a Avion, dipping his head in greetings to his good friend before plopping himself down beside the mud-colored wolf. Avion murmured his greetings, his bright gaze on the carcass of the kill, the young wolf starting to drool. Amusement flashing in his eyes, Ace wrinkled his nose in disgust, giving his best friend a little shove.

Keep your saliva to yourself, Av. I'll be summoning the pack in a moment, just waiting for everyone to settle in first. The alpha murmured softly, shaking out his dark pelt before yawning. We ran into some trouble as well, so keep your eyes peeled when you're out and about. Avion nodded in response, feeling slightly embarrassed about drooling over the meal. Shifting, he made himself more comfortable as he remained beside his best pal, parting his jaws to let out a yawn as well.

((Lame post, I know, just letting you guys know I'm not dead. I've been worked like a dog (hahaha)))

Maxine, Subordinate

Max walked with the others back to the cave and once they got there, she helped place the kill down on the cave's surface since it was very heavy. After that was placed where it was, she went to lay down close to the carcass but not too close to Ace as to be uncomfortable between the two of them. She had studied him and Nyra on the way back to the cave and knew that something had been conversed between them but had been too far away to actually hear what was said and she didn't want to ask in case it would be too personal; that was why she didn't want to be too close to him. Her stomach growled a bit and that made her a bit embarrassed but she kept it in check as well as her hunger as she impatiently waited for the rest of the pack members so that they could eat.