20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

((This Blake character bares the same name and personality of another Blake character I used to RP with... or well, against. xd.png ))

Torque rolled his eyes and shook his head when the black newcomer arrived.

Sloppy. -he thought, irked by his abrupt entrance and relieved they weren't stalking anything for him to give away their cover at that moment.

But it was not his place to judge, they had a job to do. Torque kept his head down and his nose close to the ground. He didn't pick out anything at first, but as they progressed, he caught faint whiffs of a potential meal. Red, however, identified it before he could so much as open his mouth to say anything. A little while later, when she alerted them to the presence of an outsider, that really complicated things for the group.

Torque quietly moved up and approached Red, while keeping as low and alert as possible.

Is it just one? We don't want to go back empty-pawed, so if it's just one, all it takes is two of us to bring him down or scare him off. The others can keep going to catch something. Otherwise, we could all go after the intruder, but a confrontation would cause so much noise we'd scare off any prey within fifty clicks of here. We'd have nothing to bring back. -he elaborated as quickly and quietly as possible.

This is partially the reason I came in the first place. I suspected someone with bad intentions might be around, let me help chase them away. I have more experience with fighting other of our kind, then with chasing elk anyway. -he asked quietly, in one of his rare moments of honesty. It was indeed so. Torque had spent the majority of his life chasing easy prey with his roaming family of stragglers, and due to their small group, they never tried taking down anything nearly as large as an elk. However, they did frequently have to deal with other aggressive wolves who were either defending their territory, or were just looking to eliminate some of the competition.

Edited by Brotato

Red

As the rest of the patrol halted, Torque moved to her and spoke with her, his voice quiet so to not disturb the elk and to alert the lone wolf. After listening to him speak, she nodded. "Perhaps it is for the best. I believe us two could take down the intruder, we could send the rest to hunt the elk, and drive them away from the fight, in a controlled manner."

Red flattened her ears as she turned to face the rest of the patrol. "Here is what we are going to do. Torque and I will go and find the intruder. I can scent only one loner, so two trained pack wolves against one foreigner will be an easy battle. The rest will need to hunt the elk. You will need to drive it in a controlled manner away from the fight, incase we accidentally send the elk bolting away. We need the intruder chased away, but we also need to bring home food. Agreed?" Red explain in a hushed, yet authoritative tone to the rest of the pack. Only now, she had to hope the rest of the patrol would agree with what she had said.

((Hah, what a coincidence xd.png ))

Blake

Black wolf recognized the smell of the lone wolf. "Could it be?..."

The memories came back to him like a lightning bolt - the hunt with his brother and another wolf from the pack and what Blake did afterwards... "But... wasn't he defeated?...". Yeah, defeated... but not dead.

The same wolf that kikled his brother and because of which Blake's reputation came down was again on the prowl. The anger inside him boiled as different thoughts came across his mind. They thought they would come withought him? Pfft.

He walked to the pair of wolves that decided they will go to take down the lone wolf, with pure anger and want of vengeance on his face. "I'm coming with you and I don't want to hear any objections. You probably don't even know what you'll meet here.". Blake spoke slowly and silently with a look that doesn't approve denial of what he speaks.

We don't have time for this. -Torque gritted his teeth. He immediately didn't like this black wolf's attitude. This was not his call to make and yet he had quite literally just tried to force his own will upon the designated pack leader. Torque was not one to generally like authority figures, but to him Red's plan to take down the one individual offender two to one seemed like the most logical step.

He looked at Red and silently whispered into her ear, so that only she could hear:

This one not only slept in, but barged into the group with enough noise to jeopardise this entire trip, while fully aware we could have been stalking prey. He's volatile, unstable and instinct-driven. I can see it in his eyes. He's likely to just blindly rush into the intruder before we can check for a potential ambush. I've seen his sort before, my own mother had the same irrational rage bubbling within her, and she died for her headstrong and reckless nature. I learned better from her mistakes, but he's very likely to muck things up for us. I wouldn't trust him to help us and would much rather have him be where he can be most useful. Using all that energy in helping the others chase down our upcoming meals. -he finished, backed away from her ear and added quietly, but audibly.

Whatever your decision, I'll trust your judgement. I'll go scout ahead before the target decides to hotfoot out of here. It won't be long before he or she picks up on our scents too. I won't blow my cover until you catch up. Hopefully only you. -he finished speaking to Red, then gave Blake a disapproving glance, and wandered off, head kept low and nose on the ground, following the scent of the lone straggler while keeping his profile as low as possible. The scent was pretty clear, so he was sure they'd find their bad company quite easily.

Edited by Brotato

Avion, Subordinate

Avion kept himself lowered to the ground, remaining silent as he listened in to his fellow packmates speak. He was ready to take on this wolf, he was getting rather excited. No-one trespassed on his friend's turf without his say! He flattened his ears in annoyance as Torque mentioned of only Red tagging along. Heck, Avion wasn't doing anything wrong, he had the same reason to fight as Torgue and Red did. The mud-colored subordinate rose to his paws, calmly striding closer to Red with a serious look on his face. He paused before her, but didn't dip his head in respect. They were equals now, ever since his friend Ace defeated his bitter sister. Avion was greatly pleased to see her defeated, and hoped she learned a lesson, she was no leader, and had no qualities to be one. But now, the situation was serious, and he acted unbiased, his tone of voice as serious as his face expression.

I'm really up for a fight, also, you two don't know what you're up against. This wolf could have rabies, or some friends awaiting us. You're the leader of this patrol, but I'm just putting in my two-cents and saying I want in this skirmish. Avion spoke up, his fur flat against his body, keeping his voice nonthreatening. He angled his ears in the direction that Torque had left. Avion lived in the same pack too, and he wanted to defend his friends just as much.

TORBJORN

Tor stood on the fringes of the group, the fur on the nape of his neck bristling and his paws itching to lunge forward and tear this intruder apart. He silently followed the conversation before him with no intent of joining in...until Avion spoke. He didn't trust the other subordinate; Avion had made his allegiance clear. It was obvious he didn't know a good leader when he saw one. Tor flashed his teeth at the other wolf out of the blue.

"Do you not trust your packmates? They know what they are doing. They have the loner outmatched." Torbjorn muttered, his eyes narrowed. "Besides...too many wolves would simply get in the way. We have a pack to feed, do we not?"

((Shall we have Red and Tor attempt the convincing? >:D This could take some time, after all, he is Ace's friend.))

Avion, Subordinate

Avion flashed his fangs back at the other subordinate, towering over him as his fur fluffed out, making the other wolf cringe. Yes, there is a pack to feed...So get going! Do you want a fight to break out here?! Now, he was beginning to agree with Tor, Blake was remarkably annoying. Do you know this loner, are you simply here to betray your packmates, who feed you everyday if we can catch anything? If you're here to use this pack, I suggest leaving. He added in a sharp tone, flashing the wolf a glare before turning back to Red.

Besides, I was speaking to Red, not you. He finished in an annoyed tone, his gaze on Red steady. He didn't totally trust these wolves around him, and if Blake wanted a fight, he'd get it, the massive wolf could easily beat him. Avion was a higher-ranked subordinate, and not one to sleep in and be late.

Harmony, Subordinate

Harmony kept up with Max at a steady pace, her fur fluffed slightly to block out the cold. You have to admit, Ace is right though. Don't forget, I was being a slacker as well. He's a good guy, he just wants his pack to be healthy like in the past, even if it means being snappy with a few nips here and there. No, I'm taking sides, but it's true. She murmured as she raced along Maxine. As the river came into view, Harmony slowed her pace, a bit nervous about fishing. She didn't have the best balance in the world, and occasionally had the tendency to fall in. Flattening her ears, Harmony crept closer to the silvery river, gazing down at it curiously.

TORBJORN

"That's preposterous," Tor snarled under his breath, ignoring the order. "You wouldn't dare accuse your elders of being disloyal, would you? Blake has served this pack better than you ever have. He is simply offering his experience...which it seems you would lack, in your youth. I am certain you wouldn't want to see Torque or Red harmed in combat because you simply could not hold back."

The cinnamon-and-gray male glared at Avion out of the corner of his eye. It was not a direct challenge--he knew better than to do that--but he could irritate Ace's followers...which he enjoyed. Immensely. Of all the ones he'd stayed with, this pack was perhaps the easiest to disrupt. It was almost pathetic, he thought.

((Lmao Tor is just an absolute ass. I might make another character later on, if that's alright.))

Edited by oddinomaly

Blake, subordinate

"Betray the pack? Don't get on my nerves, pup." The black wolf growled at Avion. "You don't have an idea how much of my life I devoted to it. You also don't have an idea who prowls on our hunting area. But I recognize the smell." He sniffed the ground to make sure they didn't bring unwanted attention. Fortunately - not this time. "It isn't an ordinary lone wolf. I have some... unfinished business with it. A personal one."

Blake was impressed no one remembered about what happened almost one and half a year before - but maybe they were too young. Maybe they didn't want to remember. It seemed as if the existence of "old" Blake has gone into the void, and the one that was in the pack now was another wolf. Maybe it was for the better...

"Just let me go and we can avoid useless fighting and wasting of time". He wasn't the kind that would give up easily - even at stupid argue like this.

Maxine, Subordinate

"I wasn't slacking off per say I was just giving Hia some company since she was lonely and I didn't know that he had stayed behind since I thought that he had gone hunting with everyone else so I was going to go patrolling after he got back only to discover that he stayed," Max said in reply to everything that Harmony said as she walked with her to the river. She then also stood at the eye of it and looked in to see her reflection but to also see if she could spot any fish. "I like him Harmony but I just don't know how to tell him," she said out of the blue as she waited for the right time to catch a fish. "Whenever I get the nerve to walk up to him when he's alone, I freeze and end up going back to where I had come from." She had never confessed that to anyone in their pack before so she was a bit nervous of what the reaction would be. After she said what she did, she spotted a fish and quickly had her paw go in the after to fling it out and then as it was flipping around on the ground, she picked it up in her mouth, bit it so that it died, and then put it back down on the ground afterward.

You've got to be kidding me... -Torque thought in disbelief when his ears caught the faint sounds of bickering wolves in the direction from which he'd been moving. Just like old times. Can't count on anyone to take the intelligent and efficient approach any more. -he thought, both annoyed and disappointed. He expected better from his packmates then to start bickering over who'll do what and why, especially after the designated pack leader had already said her word. Is this the kind of discipline the current alpha maintained? No wonder there've been rumors of a movement against him.

I don't have time for this. -he thought somewhat angrily, and went back to tracking his target. Hopefully Red would calm the group down or assert herself somehow to stop them from blowing their cover over such petty squabbles. Although somehow, Torque felt like that was very, very unlikely. It is as his father had once told him, "some knees can only be bent when broken". Deep down, Torque was against the use of force to superimpose order, and hoped that maybe, just maybe after they'd returned from this mis-adventure, they'd be able to discuss these petty squabbles like mature brothers under the same banner.

But now was not the time for Torque to select his words for such an encounter. The scent grew stronger as he progressed towards its origin, and soon enough, he found a trail of tracks that looked fresher then the droplets dripping from an icicle during early spring. Thankfully, he could only identify the tracks and scent of just one trespasser. But that didn't eliminate the probability of an ambush. He was always cautious, so naturally, when he caught a glimpse of a wolf's silhouette in the distance, he lied right down and kept his eyes firmly planted on the vision, while his ears and nose scanned for the telltale sounds of other wolves in the area. Motionless, out of the line of sight and with a good hiding spot, he felt confident he would not be found any time soon.

Edited by Brotato

Red

You all want a fight with the loner wolf? Wait until my plan takes action, Red's lips curled up into a snarl. However the three wolves were seriously getting in her nerves."Alright. All of you, stop." She hadn't raised her voice, but her tone was laced with poison and hatred. "We have a pack to feed, and an intruder to chase away. Torque and I will take the intruder down," Red paused, her eyes locking onto Blake's. Her eyes held an intimidating look of icy daggers. "I don't care if you don't like it. I'm making an objection." Red ordered, her gaze breaking as she looked onto the remaining wolves. "The rest will take down something from the elk herd that is nearby. The intruder is alone, two of us can take it down."

Red said, her eyes staring into every wolves' for a few seconds, looking to see who would challenge her. "Because, if I am not mistaken, I am patrol leader," she finished. Hopefully the rest if the patrol could see how fed up she was, and how she just wanted this patrol to be finished. After all, she did have other plans in mind after this hunt.

((Im sorry zamboza if you wanted Blake to go in the fight for a purpose/mia if you wanted Avion to go fight. I thought that once this patrol is done we can get the best parts of plot fleshed out. (:

Edit: #colorcodingfail))

Edited by Tiga

TORBJORN

Tor bowed his head in agreement when Red had finished speaking. Almost immediately the anger he had felt rising up faded away. He hesitated before swinging his muzzle in a gesture for the rest of the patrol to prepare to get moving. Perhaps if he took the initiative before anyone she would see that he was capable of following orders...and that he was loyal to her, and her alone.

"Where will we meet up when you are finished?" he asked, his ears back and his tail low in submission. "I'm certain we could use some help dragging the carcass back to camp."

Blake, subordinate

To be honest, Blake wasn't happy with the choice of Red - however he wouldn't oppose against the word of hunting leader and a wolf that in his eyes was more destined to be leader of the whole pack itself than Ace. It seemed that it wasn't yet his time to get his revenge on one that killed his brother. "As you wish... Red" He hesitated for whether to say 'Crimson' or not, but it wasn't necessary - the sentence as it was had so much venom in it that if it could take material form it would be able to kill their whole pack in mere seconds. After that he turned into the direction where smell of elks was coming. When the black wolf was walking by Red, he turned his head to her. "But let me say this - when we meet back in the camp, be sure I'll ask you about the fight". Blake spoke silently to sister of the leader.

Aurora

Aurora sat in the background of the argument. She liked Red's plan and wanted to finish this hunt. Any guilt she had been feeling earlier went away at the prospect of elk. She smelled the herd as soon as Red spoke, and she was anxious to go kill one. When the tension in the atmosphere seemed to die down, Aurora started towards the smell of elk, following Tor and always keeping low to the ground.

Aurora didn't really like Tor. She found him unnecessarily rude, especially to those who don't like Red. However, he is good at hunting, and Aurora wanted to hunt with anyone who can help bring food home to the pack.

It didn't take them long before the herd was in sight. Aurora's mouth was already watering at the thought of taking one down. She whispered to Tor, "you see them, right? How do you want to go about this? My coat practically blends in with the snow, so I can get pretty close before pouncing."

TORBJORN

Just before Aurora had finished speaking, he spotted the herd. It was small, about ten individuals, and led by a huge bull. Despite their numbers he knew the wolves wouldn't be able to take it down without risking a good goring. Instead he studied the cows that followed the bull. They nosed through the snow hungrily. They were quiet; he could hear the gentle chuff of their breathing, the muffled thump of their feet whenever they moved.

Tor's voice was quiet, gravelly and unwavering as he murmured, "We shall use that to our advantage, then. If you can frighten the herd in the direction of the patrol we can ambush them. There is a clearing nearby at the base of a steep incline. I assume you are familiar with it. We can corner it there when it has nowhere to run."

Red

As Blake passed her as he went to hunt, the edges of her lips curled into a smirk. Don't you worry about it, we will talk about something when we get back. She paused to turn to Tor and answered his question. "Oh don't worry, once we chase the foreigner away, we can track your scents down easily."

Red watched the wolves turn and head towards the scent of the elk herd and she turned around and started heading where Torque was scenting for the intruder. She was crouched low, her belly pressed against the ground as she tracked where Torque and the intruder was. Seeing her pack-mate's figure lying down, she silently stood next to him. The wind was blowing towards them- thankfully -and she could only scent one wolf. "How should we attack? We have the element of surprise, thats for sure. Perhaps you attack first, you have more strength than me, and you could easily tackle and pin him down when he is surprised."

((Any special why the loner should be rp'ed?))

Torque kept perfectly still, uncertain about how to proceed here.

Once again, they still hadn't confirmed or dismissed the possibility of an ambush. But with the wind blowing against them, Torque could only identify the scent of one trespasser.

Alright. I guess, I think I can knock him down well enough, but if it's one thing I'm sure of, it's that things are often not as simple as they look. Still, I have you to count on. I like these odds. Alright, here goes. -he finished whispering, then as quietly as possible started moving towards the silhouette in the near distance. Thankfully there were some bushes in the area that Torque used to duck and wave in and out of cover on his way closer.

And closer...

And closer......

And closer........

Until finally, he was no more then a few meters away from his target, and could almost see the very whites of his eyes. He felt the wind change against him. Now was the time to act. Fangs bared and goal in sight, he ran right at the intruder, and before the wolf could react, Torque slammed right into him, knocking the air and the balance right out of the caught off-guard trespasser! The two started struggling, Torque struggling to get a firm hold of his opponent's neck, and the trespasser struggling to get his attacker off of him, with both of their efforts fruitless.

Mere seconds passed in their struggle, but they seemed to drag on forever, and just as Torque was about to make a promising attempt at his opponent's neck, he felt someone or something collide into him, knocking him clean off his enemy and onto the ground! He knew what was coming, so he rolled onto his back and used his hinds to push his second attacker up and over, causing them to lose balance and land face-first into the snow behind Torque.

He immediately got back up on his feet before his second attacker could recover, barely in time to weave past a lunge from the first! It was then that he managed to get a short, but good look at them.

The one he'd initially tracked down had thick black fur, and was bleeding slightly from their tussle. The second one that'd just gotten up on it's feet was as white as snow, and difficult to distinguish from the background. Bizarrely enough, Torque couldn't identify his scent, even in such close proximity. Why?! Every wolf had a scent! But there was no time to ponder now, the two were on their feet and snarling loudly, both circling around and slowly moving towards Torque.

Edited by Brotato

Red

Red's heart lurched when she watched Torque lunge at the enemy wolf. Fur was bristling, lips drew back in a snarl, eyes narrowed and her body in a fighting stance. She watched the impact of Torque slamming into the enemy wolf, and their tussle. Red was about to leap into the fight now, only to see... The snow move? Completely off guard, she saw the white wolf sprint out of its previous position and attack Torque, taking him off the black wolf. Still trying to get her out of the shock she just got, she saw the white wolf lunge at Torque who barely managed to dodge.

Red scrambled back into her stance, waiting for her chance. The two wolves were concentrated on Torque as her eyes targeted the white wolf. She wanted the white wolf circle around with the black one around Torque. The white wolf bunched its muscles, moving to leap at Torque.

Racing from her hiding spot, a loud growl erupted from her throat as she leaped forward. She felt the impact as her body slammed into the white wolf's. She felt the strong muscle under the white wolf's fur as she tried to regain control. Red targeted the white wolf to allow Torque to get the black one, after all, Torque was a lot more powerful than her and could take on a stronger opponent. Plus, her target seemed a bit like her, more nimble and fast than powerful.

As she was slammed into the snow, she could only hope that Torque was winning his fight against the black wolf. Red slammed her hind paws into the white wolf's belly, throwing him off her, allowing her the precious seconds to scramble back to her feet. And we all thought it would be a simple two-on-one attack. We were so wrong.

As the two circled each other, one question bored in her mind. He has no scent? How is that possible? Every wolf ha- Red's train of thoughts were cut off as the white wolf lunged at her. Unprepared, she felt her legs being slammed as she hit the ground again. Seriously Red? Never get distracted in a battle... You know this.

Edited by Tiga

With one opponent distracted, Torque focused his attention to the free enemy, who was giving him the death glare something awful. The two wolves charged at each other like rabid beasts, each intent on putting the other in a world of pain. They collided almost head-on, but the black's heavier weight won out that initial clash, forcing Torque down and exposing his back to his enemy for a brief moment.

Brief, but long enough for the wolf to rush right in and have chomp at Torque's neck. His jaws connected where Torque's throat was, and squeezed tightly, starting to asphyxiate him and threatening to cause a permanent injury. Feeling the onset of panic, Torque barely held it together, and started to claw at his opponent's underside with his paws. By feel alone, he understood his enemy's position, and already feeling faint from lack of air, he went for the only thing he could think of.

Exposing the nails on his hinds as much as he could, he dug them into his enemy's underbelly and pushed outwards as hard as his legs could manage! Time seemed to dilate as his vision started going black from asphyxiation, but he could feel his nails rending fur and flesh more and more as they crossed the underside, towards the most vulnerable spot he could get at in his position. When the nails reached the rear underside, he could feel them dig into something soft and squishy. The black wolf immediately let go of Torque and nearly squealed in anguish, only to give Torque the chance he needed to shove his attacker off of himself!

With a hardy push, Torque was free of the black's death grip on his throat, and was able to stand up, gasping for air and thankful that his attacker was male. The black was bleeding quite a bit from the crotch and looked as if he was in such pain that he was on the verge of passing out.

Still hyperventilating from the shock and from almost being choked to death, Torque felt numb around the neck, and a quick swipe with one paw confirmed his suspicion, he'd been bitten hard, but a few puncture wounds wouldn't be fatal. He'd underestimated his opponent's weight, and had almost been killed in the process. It was a mistake he would be sure to never make again.

((Ouch.))

Edited by Brotato

Having just returned from his daily rounds around the territory, Ashur waked back to see everyone doing their thing. It looked like another quiet day, all to his delight. With nothing to report besides nonsensical drivel like the kinds of birds and butterflies Ashur had absentmindedly been staring at on his patrols to report, he decided against bothering the alpha with things like that. All he could care for was if an enemy scent had been found, or in times of famine, good places to look for food.

But this was a time of plenty. Ashur hadn't been so well fed in a long time since joining the Night pack. Living with all this food and all this freedom suited him just fine. And yet, he still hadn't gotten around to really getting to know his fellow wolves.

Perhaps it's time for a short stay and some good banter. he figured as he silently watched Kestra and Esko discuss whether the puddle was half full or half empty.

Esko looked somewhat troubled, but Ashur didn't want to bother cheering anyone up. So he diverted his attention to Kestra, who was now walking off to find someone named "Hia" apparently. And all this talk of a possible rebellion against the alpha, seriously. What possible reason could anyone have to oppose Ace? Everyone was well fed, sheltered and happy. Obviously he was doing his job. But Ashur couldn't help but wonder...

He nonchalantly padded off towards Kestra and caught up to her.

Pardon, hi. Sorry. I couldn't help but overhear... oh but where are my manners. My name is Ashur, I'm, well... new. -he introduced himself- ...I'm not around much, I mostly patrol the territory, so I'm not very well caught up with current events. What's this about someone trying to overthrow our alpha?

Edited by Ælex

((Since Aurora's gone, this little guy will need to help hunt))

Avion, Subordinate

Avion slowly followed Aurora Tor, occasionally glancing around to make sure there weren't any lone wolves sneaking up on them. He then angled his ears towards the two other wolves, crouching lower to the ground to not scare off their prey. Avion then stalked forward to stand beside Tor and Aurora, his mud-colored ears flattening against his skull. I'll scare 'em, I'm bigger than her, I'll look more frightening. Of course they'll run at the sign of any predator, but hey, let's give it a shot. He quietly put in, his gaze locked on the herd ahead. Avion couldn't wait to start the hunt, if they returned with a lot of catches, there would be a feast, especially if the betas had hunted well. Ace would be happy as well, and Avion was always delighted when his best friend was pleased.

((Short, I know, just having him wonder over there and wait for a reply before he does anything.))

[сolor=#ffcc99]Bright star

Bright star saw Avion leave camp and decided to leave and make himself useful before Ace asked him to. Before he did he stretched his muscles. He was sore from sleeping all winter and needed some activity. Once he was woken up enough he ran off to go find Avion. When he finally found him he was on the other side of a clearing, Stalking some prey. He was with Tor and Aurora. They didn't seem to notice him. "I need to somehow signal them without scaring the elk." He began to raise his head and shake it wildly, trying to catch their attention. When they didn't see him he got bored and wandered off to see what was happening at the river. There he caught a quick meal and saw Harmony. "Hey Harmony whatcha ya doing? Can I help!? [/color]

Edited by Evil sethoss

Harmony, Subordinate

Harmony frowned at Maxine, nudging the black female wolf's shoulder. I understand, but Ace is a sweetheart when he isn't stressed, we all know that. Maybe if you tell him about your feelings for him? The red wolf suggested with a small smile. She peered over the river once more, shifting slightly due to uncomfort. She feared falling into the river and never surfacing again, especially now in this cold weather. Trying to swim in cold water often made her weak and numb, and it never ended well. Upon hearing Bright star's voice, Harmony flinched, nearly toppling into the water. She quickly regained her balance, looking up at the other subordinate with round eyes.

G-Goodness you scared me! I'm fishing with Maxine, we're supposed to make this quick, Ace's orders. I'm sure you're help will be welcomed. The red wolf responded, her heart pounding in her chest, but it eventually slowed to a normal beat. She shifted so Bright star would have room on the safer bank to help fish, her golden gaze on the shimmer fish below her.

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis, upon hearing Ace's sharp barks, grunted and awoke, her ears flat against her skull. There went the alpha, yapping out orders as usual. The golden wolf let out a soft growl, shifting from where she lay to look for Red and the gang. They weren't in their sleeping spots, to her surprise. Must be hunting or something. Whatever, I'll wait for them to return. The female wolf decided with a small yawn, her amber eyes revealing her exhaustion. Nuntis gazed outside of the den, her head resting on her soft paws once more. Was Ace going to trudge into the subordinate's den and try ordering her to work? Hah, he can try! I won't listen to that over-sized loud-mouth. He can just try to kick me out. Nuntis thought with a small smirk, quietly snorting in amusement. She let out another yawn before pulling her hind legs closer to her warm, fluffy body, an ear twitching as she watched the pack move around outside.

Shade

Hidden inside a snowdrift, a small grey wolf huddled for warmth. I'm not going to make it, am I? I haven't eaten anything since the scraps from that carcass a couple moons ago, and I've only been "drinking" snow. No packs will take me, and I don't think I can move anymore. Being saved is a long shot at best. The pup then heard a soft crunching of snow, and started trying to open his eyes. After a bit of strain, one golden eye slit open. Is that- Is that another wolf? It is... a strange mud colored one. Shade tried to call out, and managed a low whine. I hope they heard that... it's all... I have... left.... Shade passed out, flopping down into the snow.

(Sorry it's short, I'm on my phone)