20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

Blake, hunting leader

The black wolf hardly resisted to smack Torbjorn - instead he just gave him a deadly gaze. "Are you a wolf or a rat, Tor? Poisoning isn't anything what a real wolf would do. If you want to do something like this, count me out. Besides... It'd be obvious who did that. The pack would see - and some of them would act. I ain't like this idea." Blake explained. He shared the view about Ace's rules with other of Red's followers, but he would never use deceit against his enemies, as in his opinion it was a sign of weakness.

"If you want to somewhat weaken Ace, there's an idea - how about we make some wolf challenge him? Yet it has to be someone strong, who isn't seen as one siding with Red, with will to do harm to their leader and someone who wouldn't point us out if anything goes wrong..." He suggested. He looked around to take notice of who might be a good candidate, yet it was a hard choice - it couldn't be any of the new wolves, as they clearly had sided with either Ace or Red already, and those who were siding with leader were either too weak or too loyal to him.

"Anyway... it isn't safe to talk about it here. Shall we set out on the patrol?" he asked.

Ace, Alpha

The alpha calmly kept his gaze on Maxine, noticing that she hadn't turned or felt his glance burning in her fur. He felt a little bad, wondering if he had upset his subordinate, as she had asked him to hunt. Had she wanted it to be private? The thought of a private hunt made Ace a little uncomfortable. He knew Maxine was a good follower of his, but wolves could do crazy things, and in a snap, she could turn on him. Ace cleared his throat quietly before calling out to the black wolf, Maxine? Are you you ready to head out? Nyra will be tagging along. Ace shifted his amber gaze to Nyra, remaining in front of his den as he spoke out to Maxine. Without waiting for a response, the black-and-silver alpha made his way over to the female wolf, his tail being held high and his stance strong. He beckoned for Nyra to follow with a swift flick of his tail before returning his emotionless gaze to Maxine, wondering if she'd say anything.

Maxine, Subordinate

Max turned her attention from the cave's entrance to Ace when she heard him address her and ask what he did and said in reply with a slight head bow in order to show her respect for him, "Yes I am and okay." She silently didn't like the fact that Nyra was joining them but wouldn't voice her dislike for the other wolf aloud for her to hear. She would just keep it to herself. She then gestured with her paw for him and Nyra, when she caught up to them at the entrance, for them to go first before saying, "You can go first and I'll bring up the rear in case a badger or some other animal attacks us thinking that we're invading their territory or something."

Arcing an eyebrow, Nyra couldn't help but pick up on that subtle tinge of frustration evident in Maxine.

She must have been planning something, and Nyra's presence must have disrupted that somehow.

Was this the ambush she'd been so cautious about? After all, it did seem kind of bizarre for just two wolves to hunt, unless they were planning on digging out rabbit dens, which hardly seemed like a fruitful task. Nyra hadn't done many background checks on Maxine, her scouts busy enough as it was doing their rounds and observing Red's confirmed posse. Then again, Maxine's motives could have been different, but what? Why would she just want to be on her own with the alpha? To Nyra, it made little sense. For a moment, she wondered if she should have excused herself and just stalked them silently to see what would have happened, and that may have worked, if the one they were stalking weren't Ace. Being caught doing that would have likely been seen as an act of disrespect, and the last thing Nyra wanted to do was lose Ace's trust. She couldn't let the two go off alone in fear of Red and her goons ambushing them, and she couldn't silently pursue them either, so accompanying them was the only option left...

Good morning to you too, Maxine. You're looking well today. -Nyra spoke nonchalantly, glancing between the two- I suggest the area down south-southwest of the den. It is the most likely place for the herds to have moved according to our reports, unless something has spooked them and caused them to detour from their regular path. The south-western regions have also been relatively quiet and have been housing plenty of dens for smaller more easily caught prey, primarily hares. The abundance of easily caught small meals there is likely to attract intruders, but we should be fine, nonetheless. If you wish to cover our flank, Maxine, I'm alright with that. This however, didn't mean Nyra wouldn't be keeping an ear and her nose out for any signs of unwanted company.

Edited by Brotato

((AHHHERMAGERSHSOSORRYAHHH

Somebody internet-smack me if I go for this long again without posting))

Rin yawned, bored out of her mind. She had decided to follow the other scouts, thinking that there might be something fun eventually if they went with them.

~~~~~~~

((so short owo I did that because I have no clue if the scouts are on a trip or not.))

Ren finally woke up fully. He seemed to have dozed off a little late, and hoped hard that he would not get punished by Ace for sleeping late. Well, then again, he might listen to a good explanation.

Which is why he is an incapable leader. He is soft and easy to sway.

That sudden thought hit the black wolf, and he stood there for a minute, thinking. Ace was too soft, and confused on how to be an alpha. Red, however, was strong minded, strict, and was able to keep things under control. She had more of an idea on how to lead wolves, and yet the pack was letting their confused, young-minded, "destined" leader give orders with not a clue on how to lead? Destiny. They said I was destined to be an Alpha, and lookie that, I end up a little subordinate in a completley different pack! A cold one, at that! The wolf quietly growled at the thought. If there was such a thing as destiny, then Red was destined. Destiny is the only thing Ace has to hold on to the Alpha position. He is unfit in any other ways.

So, after two weeks of hard thinking, he had finally made his choice, once and for all. He was not going to stick to Ace for safety. He would take a leap of faith.

He had to find Red.

He looked around for the she wolf. That's when another thought came up;

Rin

Who would SHE choose? He could not let everybody know who's side he was on, especially since the matter of his sister came up. He HAD to protect her, but being on different sides was hard. He would sway her into siding with red. He had to.

He managed to find Red with a few other wolves soon. Sorry to interupt, but is there a hunting trip taking place soon? He said in a friendly way to Red, trying NOT to make her mad. That was the last thing he needed from her.

~~~~|~~~~~~~~~\~

Esko lightly yawned, looking around. Nothing seemed too suspicious, wolves were waking up a little late, missions being planned. Nothing too bad. The new wolves seemed to be getting into the jist of things. Good. Nice and orderly....looking. The Beta knew that the pack was still falling into chaos, with wolves split between Red and Ace, and tensions rising in between the two. Things were not like they used to be.

He decided to find Kestra, in need of somebody to talk to. When he finally found her, he padded to her. Hello Kestra. How is your day so far? He asked, hoping to spark conversation.

Leia Herbalist

"Hmmm... You may be right Moyo; but I think Ace will prevail." She looked dreamy. "Did you see the fight between him and Crimson? He can do that again.". THe turned and looked serious. "But I've heard that Crimson is gathering followers, like that mean old Ceres." She shuddered. "But thanks, you're getting good at your practice too." Sighing she moved off to her own thoughts. "Wait, Moyo what if we hunt down Red's followers. Like a crusade! What do you think of that?!?". She said excitedly.

Ceres omega

He stretched his weakened bones wondering what the day would come with. He was getting sick of waiting. He was ready to destroy Ace and his incompetent leadership. Over the two weeks he had suffered and starved all at the hands of Ace. That new kid Ren showed great trust. Over yonder lay Blake and Tor arguing. They only dismissed him because of his rank. It wasn't normal for him to look for company, but today, today he wanted someone who would share his ideals with him. Now where just where was that Nuntis?

Kestra~

"Mmm, good morning, Esko," the silver wolf replied, yawning. She had only woken up a few minutes ago, and was still groggy from the sudden awakening the noisy clicks of claws on the cavern floors close to her den had given her, a not-so-nice start to that kind of day. She was still quite tired, and didn't know why Esko was being so spritely as they did go hunting after the meal the night before. Mostly hunting small things, but they did bring back 3 rabbits. Kestra sighed, a small, warm cloud escaping from her muzzle. "Well, I just woke up, so nothing much. You?" she inquired.

((Aaaaaah big words and details))

Hiera~

She nodded at her friend, relief flooding through her. Most wolves with visions were alienated and thought of as cursed, and she was afraid that they would kick her and her pups out, maybe even Hachi, because they could have thought she could spread her 'curse' to them, if they found out. She, of course, didn't believe those lies one bit, but others did, and so she was quite nervous telling others. The only living wolves who knew were Kestra and now Menemith. Not even Hachi knew. But she was sure she could trust Menemith.

She was so absorbed in worry that she didn't even notice Morte walking up to the couple, so when he said something she nearly jumped out of her skin. When she noticed that it was only the pale brown herbalist, she immediately calmed down, ears flattening against her skull in embarrassment.

"Hi, Morte. Oh, I'm fine... You know I can take care of myself." She, alike Morte, was a rather good herbalist, as she had that part of 'healer' as soon as she could- even when it wasn't a rank- in any pack she had joined, and was ecstatic over it being introduced to the Night Pack. She just had an affinity for healing, she supposed.

((Aaagh more big words and details))

Moyo, Herbalist

"Hmmm... Ace may have won once, but I doubt Crimson wouldn't fight dirty if it happens again. She wants to build up her power, and to do that, she'll need wolves. As for hunting down followers...not a bad idea, though we'd have to be cunning, and need help." Moyo snorted, and checked the paste on her leg

"Well, this seems to be a good mix, I'll try and get hold of some ingredients to make more. I could use your help with it later, but for now leave me be, I need to ruminate on the status of the pack" Moyo lay down and closed her eyes, beginning to think on current events.

((Whew, finally. I'll leave Moyo until someone interacts with her. I think I'll start a character sheet for Moyo's sister too.))

TORBJORN

Tor held the former beta's gaze a moment before lowering his eyes. He sometimes forgot that other wolves were caught up in the myth of honor. It made trying to win over the pack... difficult. As the other wolf spoke, anger rose in his chest. A real wolf? What did that even mean?

"'A real wolf'? What would you know about being a real wolf?" Tor growled under his breath. "I've two ears, a tail, a muzzle, eyes, a nose, and four paws. I have claws and fangs like any other wolf. What makes me less of a real wolf? Wanting to win? Seeking power? There is no shame in doing anything to get what is rightfully yours, Blake."

Before he could finish, one of the newer wolves approached. Tor glanced up and studied him for a moment. The wolf before him was sturdily built, with thick, dark fur.

"Ren, was it? I'm leading this patrol," he replied curtly. "There's room for one more, I suppose."

((Sorry people. :c))

Ace, Alpha

The alpha calmly listened to Nyra's suggestion, slowly nodding at the same time. The south seemed promising, animals weren't very fond of the mountains, and preferred to be around the lake and it's river. Ace angled his ears towards the exit when Nyra finished speaking, keeping a tall stance as he cleared his throat to speak. Going south does seem promising, prey doesn't like it up here in the mountains. We'll swing by the river and lake, we usually catch animals taking a drink around there. Nyra, you can lead. The black-and-silver wolf spoke calmly, shifting his amber gaze to Maxine. If the black female wolf agreed to take flank, he'd be able to speak with her while Nyra guided the small patrol. Ace then returned to Nyra, remembering that she explained the problem with hunting smaller animals and attracting intruders.

Also, Nyra, be sure to keep an eye on the borders near the places we hunt smaller animals. We have enough mouths to feed in this pack, we don't want intruders stealing prey and harming our hunters. The alpha finished, stretching hind legs as he prepared to race out of camp with his two packmates. It felt a little odd, him alone with two females. This odd feeling made Ace shift uncomfortably, attempting to push the thought from his mind. He tried to focus on hunting, what he would catch, and how he would catch it.

I already have a scout doing regular patrols there, sir. I assure you, I'm more then happy to remind strays the consequences of stealing from us. -she reassured him, with a glint of savagery in her eyes and voice. It'd been a while since Nyra had gotten her jaws around another wolf's throat, but she looked forward to the next opportunity to make someone beg for the mercy that she seldom ever showed. I'm no hunter, but if that is your wish, then I'll take point.

Glancing over towards her scouts, she locked eyes with Nashota and gestured for her to approach.

The scout looked almost relieved to walk away from the conversation... Yes, ma'am?

You're relieved of your second patrol today, I'll be in the area with our alpha and Maxine. Consider taking this free time to take care of the thing we discussed.

Yes ma'am! -Nashota nodded obediently, looked at Ace, then Maxine, smiled and excused herself with a light bow before returning, sitting down next to Dionne.

Business as usual... -mumbled Nyra, before looking back towards her companions. She couldn't help but feel like Ace was in a tizzy about something. Perhaps it was their recent conversation about Red and her growing influence, or so Nyra hoped. Still, they had things to run down and savagely kill. Let's go. -Nyra said nonchalantly, before departing towards the aforementioned location for their upcoming hunt, starting at a brisk trot, and accelerating to a steady run as the three went on.

Edited by Brotato

((ah I guess I forgot that you played Nyra, Brotato. sorry ^^'))

Maxine, Subordinate

"Good morning to you as well Nyra and I apologize that I didn't tell you that first I guess that I was just lost in thought," Max said in reply to Nyra's greeting with a smile now on her face before hearing everything that the former suggested and that Ace said. She had nodded in reply to what Nyra had said to her about her being okay with her trailing behind them before walking out of the cave and presumbably to follow after the former but then stopped to wait for Ace so that he could go in front of her. She was just showing her respect for him since he was her higher-up and had more authority than her. As she was waiting for Ace, she cursed herself for still having felt frustrated that Nyra was going with them and that she might have felt it and also felt bad for that. She would have to apologize to her later and was now following a bit quickly after the former, guessing that Ace would fall in next to her so that they could talk a bit before she would stay behind them.

dionne; scout

The white and gray wolf followed Nashota's gaze to Menemith, where the pregnant female was chatting with the disabled herbalist. "It also won't protect her if she's on her own with offspring that can't fend for themselves, either," she interjected gently as the other scout spoke of relocating her sister. Dionne might have left them if the internal conflict became too much, but at this point she was too invested in the members of the pack to desert it entirely; plus, she was able to fare on her own rather well, whereas Menemith would have been trapped as a lone mother in a wilderness that did not care to protect her. No, the timid female needed to stay around others-- at least around those willing to risk themselves in her defense. Dionne was such wolf, as she had surprisingly demonstrated upon first encountering Menemith, and she would be damned if she decided to go back on her word now. Besides, was that not the entire point of her abandoning rogue life completely? She desired something to protect, to love. If it wasn't her pack mates, then what was it?

Nashota's comment on Dionne's personal life caused her eyes to flicker sharply over to her, though she hadn't meant her stare to be so piercing. She lifted her head slightly, and though her posture contributed to her elegant regality, there was an air of critical self-doubt that radiated from her expression. "I suppose," she answered, and there was a small sigh that accompanied her words. She glanced around at the other wolves for a moment, as if struggling to decide to trust Nashota with the turmoil that plagued her on a constant basis. "I am not a terribly...gregarious wolf, as I'm certain you've noticed. It is a difficult thing, to submerge myself in pack life after so many years of pretending I was better off alone. I may be forthcoming about my duties, but hardly am I such when it concerns matters of relationships. I can barely function properly in a friendship, much less something of deeper nature, despite how much I have desired something of the sort. If there actually was any wolf even remotely interested--not that I could imagine anyone would be-- I would not know it, nor even know how to handle myself should I become aware." She paused a moment and blinked when she realized how much she had already rambled. A harsh laugh escaped her as she added, "And apparently I can barely contain my thoughts in a manner appropriate for small talk. I apologize for subjecting you to that." In truth, it did help her feel slightly better to have someone to dump her emotional garbage on. Even if it was the most uninteresting topic, given the pack's current situation, it had preoccupied Dionne's mind for quite some time, and there was a level of relief to have put it into words.

The topic switched back to Menemith for the moment, and Dionne's ears swung up slightly, grateful that the other scout hadn't rolled her eyes and sought a different conversation partner just yet. "You are putting in an effort to make a difference for her, one way or another," Dionne said reassuringly. "Perhaps she realizes that. I am sure if she knew how hard you were pushing yourself for her sake, she would be thankful." She was surprised to discover that Nashota struggled against Nyra, given how well she fared in training now. Dionne hadn't given much thought to the progress of the other scouts when testing strengths against their scouting leader. Nyra was an excellent match for her in sparring, and Dionne often reflected on their similarities and differences; where Nyra was rough and brutal, Dionne was smooth and calculated. She recognized a few of the strategies from the wolves that she once was forced to fight in her old pack, lest they overpower her and chase her from the territory on the grounds that she was too weak to become an Alpha. The few practices they'd had thus far were clashes of strength and elegance of varying sources. Nyra was hot; Dionne was cold. And still, despite that she hadn't tumbled with many wolves since she left the eastern world, spars against her scout leader yielded as many bruises and scrapes on herself as she left on the albino female. The equal footing between them made Dionne respect her all the more, and a few times she caught herself gazing at Nyra for a couple seconds longer than she intended.

She gave herself a small shake, and from the corner of her eye watched her scout leader exit camp with the Alpha and another subordinate. Nyra gestured toward Nashota, and Dionne waited quietly as they spoke softly to each other. She wouldn't bother the brown scout with the details of their private conversation, and thus when Nashota returned, Dionne merely nodded her head in appreciation for the company again. "If you ever want more sparring practice, I'd be glad to help," she said, tearing her golden eyes away from the departing wolves. "I'm afraid until this contention finally boils over, there won't be many opportunities to really test our strength. You may feel inadequate now-- which, I assure you, you aren't from what I've seen, especially compared to a few of the others-- but given the chance to really prove your worth when it really matters, I'm sure you could give your opponent a nasty surprise."

morte; herbalist

The brown and white wolf smiled at Menemith. "I had a feeling you might," he responded, his voice musical with the cheer that had infected him that morning. Morte was not generally a happy-go-lucky kind of wolf, but the prospect of pups had him in a sunny mood; it was the usual effect pups had on him. "I've sent Craven after some soothing flora. I hope he returns shortly with it, or else I'm afraid I might have to send someone after him." He frowned slightly and cast a glance toward the cave entrance, as if wondering about the young wolf.

When Hiera acknowledged him, Morte dipped his head toward her. "My mistake, I didn't mean to startle you! And yes, I know, but since you are currently...indisposed, I'd be glad to bring you anything to as lessen your stress. Pain relief is my specialty," he said with a wink. "Where's your mate off to? I don't believe I've seen him this morning yet."

craven; pup

"Five petals, gray, big leaves," the young wolf muttered under his breath as he padded through the forest's thinning undergrowth. Frost lined the edges of everything around him and sparkled under the growing morning sun. As much as Craven hated getting up early, he could admit there was a certain beauty to it that disappeared quickly into daytime. Perhaps his brother wasn't as crazy for rising with the larks as Craven was used to thinking.

His big golden ears rotated constantly while he trudged. Morte had enlisted Craven's help in retrieving such plants before, and he vaguely remembered the scent of the flowers from the last time he was sent to fetch them. They weren't too far off from camp, which was likely the determining factor in Morte allowing Craven to go off on his own. Still, the stirrings of excitement were just enough to encourage the pup to continue past the limits Morte had once set for him. Besides, within a few moons he would be considered a young adult and he would be free to make those choices himself. Might as well start early!

"Big leaves," he repeated, lifting his small nose and inhaling deeply. So many different scents on the wind, so many sounds to follow... for a moment, he imagined himself a full-fledged hunter, capable of bringing down a buck all on his own and dragging it back to camp triumphantly. Craven bet Red would be impressed if he accomplished something like that! With a wag of his tail, he thought, Three months isn't much time. If I can do it now, I'll be an even greater hunter then! Red would have no choice but to recruit me on her team! Tail wagging in excitement, Craven decided to place Morte's request on hold in favor of something far more rewarding-- he was going to bring back a deer and impress everyone. Even Ace would think Craven was cool!

The golden pup snuffled eagerly at the ground, demanding traces of deer from any surface he could find. The second he recognized a faint scent, Craven shot off after it, the sounds of his little paws over the dried leaves brazen and loud.

Blake, Hunting Leader

"You don't get it, do you?" The old wolf growled at Tor. "The end doesn't justify the means, at least in this case. Listen up, pup: I've been in this pack for longer than any of you and I know how things work here. You think you're the first who wants to try anything like this? No, you're not. Has anything like it ever work? Guess it." Blake spat at the ground. "What I'm trying to say is that it's just no use. We need to confront it directly and not try to find another way around"

TORBJORN

His pelt flattened against his body as he heard the former beta speak. His momentary anger fizzled away like a stamped-out flame. Tor studied Blake long and hard; the older wolf's angry words bounced off his moody exterior like a pebble down a mountain. Sure, he had experience, but Tor suspected there was more to Blake's refusal to go along with a poisoning. He was honor-bound, after all. The belief in good and evil hindered any wolf's ability to think... and it was not that simple. There was no good, nor was there evil; there was only how far one was willing to go to survive. The pack's survival depended on leadership falling to Red.

"And what if we fail?" Tor replied smoothly. "Ace's patience isn't eternal. He expects us to follow the rules when it comes to challenging him. What if we simply... didn't?"

Blake, Hunting Leader

"It's not about the rules, you moron!" Blake hissed at Tor. "Do you even listen to what I say? Wolves before you tried to poison the leader and no one succeeded so far! What makes you think your plan would be better?!" He shouted the last sentence at the scouting leader. Even though he liked him and just like him hated the fact that Ace's the leader, not his sister, he angered him now. It seemed that he didn't even listen to what the older and more experienced wolf had to say. But what could I expect from a youngster like him... he thought. "Anyway, the last word is for the Red to decide, isn't it?" He asked both of them, completely ignoring the fact that Ren was here.

Ace, Alpha

You may be no Hunter or Hunting Leader, but as a Scout Leader, you should know the way of the land. I guess you could kind of consider this an assessment on your progress since you first started. The alpha calmly called after Nyra as she trotted off to speak with Nashota. He forced his ears to angle away from the conversing wolves, though deep down, he wondered what they were talking about. It must not of been important, because if it was, they'd be sure to report it to him, at least he would hope so. When Nyra returned, Ace gave her a small nod to show it was alright with him. The tall alpha stepped back so Nyra could leave, giving Maxine a dip of his head to show his appreciation as he let him exit first. Ace took a step outside, letting the faint breeze ruffle his pelt as he gazed around before shifting his amber gaze back to Maxine.

You wanted to speak with me, yes? We'll have to do it on-the-run, it seems Nyra's in a hurry to get to hunting. Ace murmured to the black female wolf before turning and taking off. His large paws drummed against the ground, his ears pinned against his skull to block out the faint breeze and snow, his fur fluffed out slightly to keep him warm.

((Short, dinner))

Maxine, Subordinate

When Ace left the cave and said what he did although softly but she still heard it nonetheless, Max nodded in reply to the question that he asked as well as to the statement that followed before taking off running after him. She still stayed to the back of the duo, though since she said that she would keep an eye out for anything that might want to harm them because they might be in their territory. She did keep a few inches away from Ace and when she was close enough she figured that she'd go ahead and tell him what she wanted to and hoped that he didn't think it was a waste of time. "What I wanted to tell you even if it isn't that important and you might not feel the same way is that I like you. I understand if you might want to find someone outside the pack to like but I still wanted to tell you anyway and let you know. That's it." After she said what she did, she hung back again and kept an eye on their surroundings as she ran behind the alpha and Nyra.

Hiera grinned at Morte, but when he mentioned Hachi she froze. "I haven't seen him yet either," Hiera mumbled to Morte, fear growing in her eyes. He normally checked on her when he woke up. Was he not up yet? He had to be. Sunlight was already streaming through the cave. She could see it. Had he gone out? She would have heard, or he would have woken her up to tell her... Would Ace know? Wasn't she up before he was? No, he was up first, but she had heard stirring from Ace's den only minutes before she was arisen from her light sleeping.

Hiera groaned and stalked off, breaking into a light run. She really didn't want to have to worry about 6 things. Three pups, one pregnancy, and a job was enough to worry about.

In the beta den, Hachi paced and frowned. Where had he not checked? He couldn't have lost that. Kestra sat, watching, amused.

"You sure it wasn't in h-", she asked before she was interrupted by Hachi.

"It isn't. I looked three times."

"You retraced your steps?"

"Obviously."

"Not outside the cave?"

"Nope."

"Not in the clearing where you found that plant with Hia?"

"Nada."

"Not by the river?"

"No."

"Not in the river?"

"What?"

"It could have fallen in when you went fishing yesterday."

Hachi groaned. He didn't want to fish it out of the river, but he was sure it was valuable.

"I'll go later."

"It could be swept away by the current."

"It could have already been swept away. We're not sure if it even is in the river."

Edited by MyaMouse

MENEMITH

The mother cast an apologetic look towards Morte before turning to follow Hiera. She slunk through the cave at a fast trot, stepping over whatever sleeping bodies were in her way. Her black claws clicked lightly on the stone; she cringed with each sound. Menemith hated making noise. No, her family had hated it when she made noise. If she made so much as a peep when they were in a bad mood, she could expect a swift bite to the ear or muzzle. On an intellectual level she knew this pack was different. On an instinctual level, she had to keep on the down-low.

Menemith followed Hiera up to the entrance of Ace's den and paused outside. Was it acceptable for her to enter? She was still new, after all. Uncertain, she glanced around, hoping for some signal from the others that it was alright.

TORBJORN

"You're old." Tor replied flatly, leaning down nonchalantly to lick at one of his forepaws. His voice lowered in volume so that no others could hear. "You're old and... uneducated. There are methods other wolves haven't tried, I assure you. But if you're going to get your grey-haired muzzle in a twist about something so simple as a poisoning, I honestly don't know what to expect of you when the time comes to tear poor Ace's throat out."

((I feel like I should post, but I'm also waiting for Mia to respond to Redfox's post with Ace in order for me to advance their venture. =( ))

((She's not by Ace's den... She might be looking for him though))

Red

Red resisted the urge to snap at both of the bickering male wolves in front of her. Ren joining the conversation unintentionally didn't help her mood either. "You two better such your jaws right now," Red spoke, her tone was an icy calm that would easily unsettle some wolves. "We can't discuss matters here, in the den of all places. Ace's followers are everywhere. I suggest we get on this patrol right now and then we can shout as much as you want at each other," the she-wold spoke flatly. Sure the idea of weakening Ace was a good idea, but poisoning? What would be strong enough to bring down her brother? She knew a poisonous plant could take down a pup, she had seen it happen first hand, a pup wondered off and when they went searching for it, it had already eaten half of the plant.

But the plant wouldn't put a dent in Ace. Maybe a venomous cobra or reptile, but it was winter. Where would they find such creatures now?

Red barely glanced at Ren, the former loner didn't really interest her much, unless he was seeking to join her side. "Whenever you two are ready to go, we can head out. You too, Ren, if you really wanted to," she spoke, already losing interest in the two males fighting over plans to weaken Ace.

(bleh short)

((Surprise, turns out I don't have work today, so I thought, "hey, time to get a post in and bring this place back"))

Ace, Alpha

The alpha suddenly went silent. Someone actually had feels for him, like, affectionate feelings? Maxine was attracted to him? Ace was in disbelief, but also felt a little awkward, nodding as he shuffled along. ...U-Um, that's, uh...Cool to hear, I guess... He hated to admit it, but he didn't exactly return Maxine's feelings, in fact, he didn't have a crush or anything just yet. But, for all he knew, Maxine could end up wooing him over in the future, since he had no current love interest. Ace quickened his pace, trying to push those awkward thoughts from his head as he raced after his packmates. Thankfully, Maxine was behind him, so he wouldn't have to share any weird glances. Also, they were nearing their selected hunting grounds, so the patrol would soon slow their paces, to be sure they didn't scare off any prey. Ace kept his eyes on Nyra, assessing her as promised, but he was sure to check his surroundings as well, his nose twitching as he attempted to detect the scents of prey. Scenting something, the alpha came to a halt.

Slow down, he began in a rather quiet voice, a slight breeze carrying the scent of deer. Ace had to force his stomach from crying out in hunger, the wolf finding his mouth watering. ...I scent a deer, no, more than one. A small herd, about four or five, I believe. They're a bit farther south, but not too far. Ace finished, keeping himself low to the ground, so their prey wouldn't detect them. Luckily, the wind was coming from the south and heading north, so the patrol's scent wouldn't carry to their prey. Shifting slightly in the snow, the alpha awaited responses from the two females wolves with him, itching to taste the blood of his prey. If they could somehow take down more than one deer, the pack would be pretty well-fed for once, but since there were only three members on the patrol, it may be a bit difficult to take down more than one. But hey, there was still a small chance, and as long as there was a chance, it could be possible.

Heeding her alpha's instruction, Nyra joined the rest of her group in a somewhat sudden halt. Although it wasn't her field of expertise, she was still very much eager to get her jaws into something's neck. Ace and Maxine's mutterings from just now interested her, but as expected, she caught nary a word of what the two spoke to one another. The only clue she really aught was how flustered Ace looked, as if he'd been put on the spot with something. Were they not preoccupied, Nyra would have brought it up, but the time was not opportune.

Untrained for hunting, Nyra caught no trace of the scents Ace described on the first few sniffs. This frustrated her, but she did her best not to show her agitation. She tried once more, and finally caught something. ...however, it wasn't the smell of deer. It was the trace remnants of a foreign wolf's natural musk. Prey wasn't something Nyra could pick up on easily, but rival wolf scents were, and this one, even though so faint, seemed familiar somehow. She struggled for a moment to identify it... and then it hit her. She knew who it was that had been in their territory.

No... they couldn't have, they ain't got the stones to come this far. Scowling lightly at the prospect of having to deal with a remnant of her past, Nyra shook it off for now, and hoped she would have to deal with her problem personally, rather then get her alpha and packmate roped in. Then again, if her suspicions were true, the entire pack would be affected. Glancing over towards Ace and Maxine, she could tell they were both quite eager to get the hunt underway, so she wiped the scowl off her face. I have something to deal with here, and a scout to discipline when I get back, but let's get on with the hunt, for now. Sir, how do we approach this? Cut right in or split them up?

Edited by Brotato