20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

((Ooooh, Ace will be mad. :3))

Avion, Subordinate

Twitching his tail in annoyance, Avion watched as the other wolves stalked off to finish their hunt. If they return with nothing, that's not my problem, that simply means their incapable of hunting. The mud-colored wolf set down the frosted pup in the snow for a few heartbeats to rest his aching jaw. Some father he'd make, he could barely handle carrying the starving pile of gray fluff. Carrying a pup is much different than carrying prey...Besides, I've been standing here holding this poor lad for a while. I better move, before we both freeze to death. Avion picked up the starving pup once more, keeping a gentle yet firm grasp on his scruff. Moments later, the subordinate took off, his paws crunching in the snow as he loped. The wolf flattened his ears to block out snow and the chilly breeze, the young wolf swinging in his powerful jaws. Eventually, he noticed he was running in a way that made the pup bounce about, so he changed his pace, making his strides longer and smoother.

Hopefully this poor scrap isn't dead...Hiera should be able to nurse him, if he doesn't eat meat yet. Avion prayed silently as he ran, his paws slowly growing numb. Using his powerful hind legs, the subordinate made his way up the mountain, his golden gaze falling on the camp's entrance. He let out a sigh of relief behind Shade's cold pelt, quickening his pace to get the pup to safety as soon as possible. Once inside, he shook out his pelt, sprinting to Hiera with his eyes round.

I-I need a mother and Ace, I've got a freezing pup here!

Harmony, Subordinate

Harmony continued her fishing casually, eventually chomping down on a small, young trout. Of course, prey was scarce, so even her pitiful catch was welcomed. The red wolf pulled her head from the water, shaking the cool droplets off her fur before setting her catch down in the snow, watching its flopping slowly cease. She shivered, her red fur fluffing up against the cold as the water attempted to push it back down against her body. Harmony turned to Bright star, finding his small pile of catches. She was confused by his excitement, as his amount of catches were normal for the cold winter. That's a rather normal amount of catches, I don't see why you're so excited. Yes, any catch should lead to fuller bellies and happiness, but prey is still scarce, making the whole pack gloomy. She responded to him before turning to Maxine, a small smile on her face.

I understand that you'd be nervous, since Ace is alpha and all, but you don't really know a wolf until you're really close with them. I've never had any love interests, but I suppose admitting your feelings to someone could be rather nerve-wrecking. Harmony murmured with a small nod, picking up a few fish as she finished. Though fish was never really her favorite, food was food. Alright, we should really head back, Ace wanted us to make our fishing trip quick.

Hiera (featuring Hachi)~

Hiera stood up as Avion rushed over to her and took the pup from him. "Where did you find him? He's cold.." She set the pup down laid next to it, her own body warmth would hopefully warm it enough as Hachi ran off to get Ace.

"Ace! Ace!" He yelled as he ran off in the Alpha's direction. "Avion found a freezing pup!"

((Not my best but I'm drawin a blank here))

Maxine, Subordinate

Max had caught a few more fish and added them to the pile on the ground next to them before hearing everything that Harmony said to Bright star and to her. She nodded before picking up some of the fish that was there and then started to head back in the direction of camp. She then stopped when she was about half-way to wait for the other two since she didn't want to accidentally leave them behind. She was shaking a bit out of nervousness for admitting her feelings to Ace when they got back to the cave but she hoped that it wasn't too noticeable and that he wouldn't react strangely to her confession.

((i want to avoid double posting on the OOC thread, but i thought I'd let y'all know ive made a new character.))

Red

Red's attacker was struggling to pin her to the ground, the two wolves thrashed around on the snow. She twisted to her side while slamming a paw into the attacker's belly. Just after, she threw a free paw at the attacker's neck, hitting the soft windpipe. The enemy yelped in shock and pain and using the precious seconds to throw the enemy off of her and so she could get to her paws.

The two wolves were panting, both baring wounds. They circled each other briefly before the enemy hurtled towards Red. She prepared herself, ready to counter-attack, only for the wolf to move from her initial attack to Red's right. Unprepared for the sudden change of attack, Red was slammed onto the ground, jaws locking around her neck and shoulder.

Yelping out in pain as she felt the warm blood drip down her blood, she struggled to kick with her paws at the attacker. Her attempt was feeble, her claws barely scratched the attacker. As the wolf stood over her, triumphant. Red paused, letting her body go visibly limp. Confusion was the enemy's first emotion, then victory. The attacker had relaxed her attacking position barely, just a shift in the tense muscles. But it was enough for Red.

Red slammed her hind paws directly into the attacker's belly, sharp claws digging into the soft flesh. A loud cry of pain rang out from the wolf above as Red managed to flip over the two, so that now she was pinning the other wolf down. Red held down her hind paws with her own, then one hind paw on her shoulder, pushing pressure to stop the wolf from moving. The wolf below squirmed, trying to get some release from Red's pin. However, since she was concentrated on stopping the enemy from moving, when she bit her forepaw, pain erupted from her leg.

Her first instinct was to retract where it was hurting, Red released the other wolf and was thrown into the soft snow a few feet away. As she scrambled back to her paws, she realised that the snow was stained pink, her front paw was bleeding heavily. The wound was deep, and the pain was too much to bear that she could not stand on the injured limb.

Torque stood there in his daze, confused and barely able to catch his breath, as the two fought it out. Torque was practically begging in his mind for his senses to come back-to so he could help, but by the time that happened and he could tell what was going on, the black wolf he'd maimed had disappeared, leaving a trail of his own blood, and Red was down, visibly injured.

Snarling loudly, he ran right at the white one, intent on knocking her down and out, when a mere second before the impact, an epiphany hit him! He abruptly veered to the right and grinded to a halt in front of the now lightly bloodied white-furred wolf, and screamed: NYRA, STOP!

The white, despite having been cut deep in her underbelly, immediately averted her menacing red glare and locked eyes with Torque. A look of both shock and mild amusement crossed her face. She stood still, fangs still bared, glancing between Torque and Red.

Stop... please. Enough. -Torque spoke calmly, but firmly.

The white stopped growling, sat down and spat out some blood.

Somehow I knew this would turn out to be an interesting day. Good to see you again, bro. How you been keeping? -she spoke, calmly and confidently, as if she hadn't even been in a fight at all. Her wounds however told a different tale, her own and Red's blood staining her snow-white fur, making her look all the more menacing.

Torque simply stared, unsure of what to say. What does one say in a situation like this?! He hadn't seen his sister in many many moons, and now for them to meet like this?! He turned towards Red and barely formulated the obvious question:

Are you alright?

Edited by Brotato

Blake, subordinate

Yes... A bite of fresh elk meat satisfied his first hunger - this reminded Blake of his first hunts with his father and brother, where an animal big like the one they hunted down with Tor and Aurora would keep his whole family full for at least whole two days. Recalling that, he remembered what his father said - "always wait with the feast for the others". Blake swallowed what he had left in his mouth and upon seeing that Tor couldn't help himself but he was eating more and more, he smacked him in the face with a paw - with a strength just enough to move the wolf's head away from the dead elk. "Stop eating, pup, and help me with carrying the body. You too, Aurora."

Somehow he enjoyed calling the younger wolves "pups", even though they were fully grown adults. It probably had something to do with Blake being the older brother for Twig and also the one that was responsible for raising him well after their parents died. Moreover, as far as he knew he was also the oldest wolf in the pack right now - what gained him a bit of the respect from the others, as his long life taught him how to hunt and fight well - he especially learned much after Twig died and Blake was degraded to a subordinate.

This reminded him of the fact that Red and Torque were probably fighting with the same lone wolf that killed his brother. "Come on. Quick. There is no time to waste!" The black wolf goaded his fellows with whom he was hunting. He wanted to be back to the camp as soon as possible, so he'd be able to hear about the fight just when Red and Torque come back.

Bright star. Subordinate

As soon as he heard Harmony's response he felt as though he had fallen a thousand feet. His entire body sulked bringing him closer to the snowy ground beneath him. Memories flashed through his mind. Then he remembered his mantra: Others should not feel as bad as you have and happiness is contagious. Then he straightened back up and smiled(?). "I had a dream during the big sleep that I only caught one fish and I was the only one to catch one. The rest of the food disappeared. So 5 or 6 fish is more than that." He only semi-lied because who knows maybe he did have a dream.

"Now I have to get these fish back." He picked up all of his fish in his mouth and trotted back toward the camp. "Currming?"

Aurora subordinate

"Fine, but don't call me pup" she said back with a razor stare. She walked over to the elk and sunk her teeth into to it. She savored the taste and only resisted taking a bite out of it. The only reason she didn't was because she really didn't want to be hit by Blake and she knew he was right, they needed to bring this food back to the pack. Otherwise how would the mother's and the pups eat? She sank her teeth deeper and began to lift the animal. It was a small weak one but it still weighted a lot. The first she tried she fell over into the snow. She shaked herself off and tried again. This time she was successful in picking up her side of the elk. However she still needed help. She tried to shoot tor and Blake a look and tried to tell them with her mind.

((I'm trying to become literate. Sorry if its too dramatic. Fell free to try and critique me kindly.))

TORBJORN

Tor had buried his nose in the kill by the time Blake's paw came down on his snout. Immediately he pulled away, growling at the older wolf. It was fairly obvious he had no intention of attacking the former beta, given that his fur remained flat. He loathed being treated as a subordinate, even thoug that was what he was. It made him bitter. These wolves would burn, all of them, and he wouldn't give a damn...well. That wasn't true. A good number of this pack he would hate to see die. Blake was among them. He lowered his lips back over his teeth and trotted over to Aurora to lend her some help. He bit down on the elk's antler and lifted it so that its head and neck were off the ground.

((Do they not push the bigger ones? That's what we did, half-pushing half-carrying...

Haha, fell. You're getting better, Sethoss, but if I critique I'll either be really rude or not be able to help at all..))

dionne; loner

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in.

Large, wet paws churned the snow as the white wolf bounded across the open land. She barely felt the frozen earth beneath her feet; though her pads were raw from running for days on end, the frost had numbed them completely. All she could feel now was the icy burn deep within her chest, searing her lungs with every intake of air, and the dull ache in her muscles that strained with the effort of her journey. The chill bit at her nose and her eyes, but the thick fur that enveloped her kept the wind at bay. These pains were well known to her, and she ignored them easily; what was a rogue if she could not survive the harsh winters on her own?

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Dionne squinted against the wind as it bellowed into her face. The snow grew deeper, and she trudged through the slush as it raised to her chest. She had been following a scent; there was a trail, a few days old perhaps, of a few loners that had crossed the borders into pack territory. Dionne was normally a wolf that respected boundaries, and under any other circumstance she would have stopped without hesitation at the border and turned away. Yet, she did not cross the markers to chase the other loners whose scent she had discovered. The markers had sprung a strange, foreign desire on her that she had not wrestled with until several moons ago when the pangs of loneliness had finally struck its due against her. She had been widely content with single living for years, but time was patient, and it slowly chiseled away at her stubbornness. Now, after several moons of internal debate, she had finally reached her decision.

She would find a pack, and attempt to join, or find others like herself and start her own. Whichever came first, really. Dionne traveled for weeks. Unlike her previous years of wandering the vast wilderness, she had purpose. She ran hard and long, only stopping for water, rest, and food when she could find it. Any scent of wolf she followed until the trail disappeared or set her on a new path. She had been following the two loners for some time until she came across the border of the pack, and the discovery of which set alight a new determination in her.

The scent she was following had vanished into the slurry of ice and dirt. Slowly, Dionne lessened her pace, now acutely aware of just how exhausted the journey had made her. She staggered slightly and took a long, deep breath. She would need to eat soon, but that would call for hunting on pack grounds, which was traditionally forbidden in pack-loner etiquette. That would certainly be the more stupid choice, given her destination.

Dionne came to a full stop and allowed herself a few moments until her ragged panting subsided. With a long inhale, she touched her nose to the frozen ground and searched for traces of other wolves. Very faintly, she picked up the scent of the loners she had been tailing for the past few days; and there, with that scent, was one she had noticed at the border. She figured that the pack had likely noticed the trespassers, and went off to deal with them.

The white wolf lifted her head to sniff at the wind. Following the other loners would be a poor decision at this point; she couldn't afford for the pack to think she was in league with them. She might have been a trespasser herself, but at least she had good cause. She couldn't speak for the others. Perhaps they were like her, searching for a family, or perhaps they were there to do what most loners without social obligation did-- hunt on protected territory.

Dionne shook herself lightly before continuing in the opposite direction of the other loners at a slow, leisure trot. She had faith that someone from the pack would happen across her soon, if what she remembered of patrol protocol to be true.

Ace, Alpha

The young alpha had been calmly gazing outside, as if in a trance as the wind buffeted his thick black-and-silver coat. He was waiting for his packmates to return, as it seemed like his sister was taking a remarkably long time. What could she be doing? Plotting something, or possibly be in trouble? Whatever she was doing, Ace would surely find out about it, one way or another. He knew she hated him and was plotting her revenge in the shadows, but Ace did not fear his sister. He had defeated her once, and he could most certainly do it again. Even if that means fighting her followers. I am the alpha, not her, and if I am challenged, I will win. Traitors aren't welcomed here, and they'll eventually discover that if they haven't already. Ace was snapped from his daze as his name was frantically called. Great, had his sister really caused trouble? Turning, the alpha narrowed his amber eyes sharply to show he was serious and currently meant business, his eyes falling onto Hachi as the wolf raced to him. No no, it wasn't his sister, but a pup. Could Hachi's mate have given birth and something gone wrong? But this was a freezing pup, clearly not Hachi and Hiera's.

A loner pup? Allow me to see him, and make sure he is warmed immediately, and if he awakes after I leave him, don't let him wander off. I want eyes on our camp entrance, in case his parents come storming in, believing he stole him. Ace ordered, his words not only effecting Hachi, but any other near them as well. With a small nod, the alpha loped to Hiera and freezing little Shade, his head held high to show his dominance. Yet the alpha's gaze was non-threatening, and rather caring and curious. Ace gave Avion a small smirk as he passed, wondering if this pup could be his. Nah, Avion wouldn't run off with a lone wolf, Ace knew that. Lowering his head, Ace gave the pup a curious sniff, to make sure he didn't have any heavy scent of other wolves, such as parents...All the alpha could scent on the poor scrap was snow and outdoors. No other wolves. That meant the little wolf had been abandoned or possibly fled, so his parents were likely dead or far away.

Harmony, subordinate

Harmony stared at the river for a few heartbeats before gazing back at her packmates, giving them a small nod. She picked up a few more fish, leaving some for Maxine to carry. She picked up her pace, giving Bright star another small nod to let him know she was coming. The red subordinate trotted alongside Maxine with a brisk flick of her tail. If we get back and nothing's distracting him, you should go talk with Ace. The only way he'll get closer to you is if you talk to him. She pointed out with a warm and reassuring smile, giving the black wolf a small nudge with her nose on the shoulder. Without waiting for a response, Harmony quickened her pace to let Maxine think about Harmony's suggestion. She passed the wolf, walking behind Bright star, her gaze drifting to the falling snow around her.

((Yeah, sorry for Harmony's short and lame post...))

It is in the common interest of any group to defend what is theirs, but for one very lonely brown wolf, sitting some ways away from the Night pack's dens, it seemed oh so irrelevant. She'd been idly sitting in her secluded spot, consealed by some bushes, safe from being spotted, but close enough to observe the activity within the heart of the Night pack's territory.

So much activity. -the thought with mild amusement as she watched the wolves pace about from a distance. It was hypnotic, almost. Such a large cluster, yet they seemed to operate like pieces of a grander machine, greater then the sum of it's parts. And to Nashota, this seemed like paradise.

I'm willing to wager my left ear that at least some of those are hunting parties. If I can appeal to one of those, I should be able to... -her thought was interrupted when she picked up on a light rustle from behind her. One glance later, it appeared to be nothing. Still, better play it safe, for now.

I'm not insane enough yet to just waltz my way in there and expect a warm welcome... -she concluded, and quietly walked off away from the wolves, hoping to pick up on a scent from one of the returning hunting parties.

Luck was on her side once more, as no sooner then several minutes later, she caught the indistinguishable scents of other wolves, and for some strange reason, fish? If they had food with them, odds were in her favor that they were bringing it back to the place she'd set her eye on. She followed the scent, hoping to lightly bump into a few reasonable gatherers, rather then a bloodthirsty mob of hunters or patrolers.

((Sending her on a collision course with Harmony's group. Didn't interact yet because I'm waiting for oddinomaly. I'd appreciate it if Harmony or someone from her group starts the interaction. smile.gif ))

Edited by Brotato

Maxine, Subordinate

Max listened to everything that Harmony said as the former caught up to her and Bright star and nodded in understanding before follow t after them back to the cave. She wondered, as they walked, if anything was happening back there that they might be missing; like some sort of drama or something similar. Red always had plenty of that but she wasn't sure if she and her patrol were back yet but then figured that they'd have to go back to their cave to see. She also hoped, possibly again since she was already so nervous about it, that Ace didn't think that she was some helpless subordinate that had a crush on a wolf that she couldn't have. She shook her head a bit at that thought in order to clear it from her minds info she figured that he probably wouldn't think that at all but she wasn't sure about that.

Edited by redfox

((Time to come back to the camp!))

Blake, subordinate

Taking the prey the pack had hunted down to the camp was like an ordinary walk, as nothing special happened on their way back. The sun was nearing it's highest point when the wolves returned with a dead elk. Blake looked around - it seemed as they had been the first pack to return from their duties. This meant that Red and Torque were still dealing with that lone wolf who trespassed their terrain. At this thought he frowned. What could take them so long? Maybe he had some reinforcements in form of a small pack? "No... impossible, think you fool..." the black wolf mumbled to himself. It wasn't possible, as wolves couldn't hide their smell... or could they?...

Whatever it was that kept the others, there wasn't time to think about it. "Ace! We've got something for you." Blake dropped the elk and called the leader that seemed to be doing something. To be honest, the old wolf didn't care - he just wanted to get it done and get back to doing something that probably wouldn't have any effect on pack's functionality.

Edited by zamboza

TORBJORN

Tor dropped his part of the kill and turned to begin gnawing on one of its legs. The chunks he'd torn free hadn't lasted very long. Once again his stomach growled loudly. He stared hungrily at the elk's abdomen as he chewed. The soft skin would be so easy to rip apart. He could do it, too. He could, but he would be scolded by Ace, and that was more of an annoyance than a serious concern. His ears twitched as the pack gathered around, sniffing the carcass curiously. He resisted the urge to growl and chase them off. He watched them instead. He had memorized each pelt, each face, each voice. Everyone had a different role. Some had unknown loyalties. And despite the visible calm of the pack, there was an air of tension. There was always an air of tension.

MENEMITH

Fish? The green-eyed wolf paused, nostrils twitching.

The rank odor of fish was definitely on the breeze, mingling with the scents of unfamiliar wolves. They were the scents she'd been following for some time. These wolves had been rumored among loners to be many in number, and called themselves the Night Pack. The rumors were also that it was divided, though details were sketchy. It would not be an ideal situation, but she was out of options. She needed to put as much distance between herself and him, so that he would never find her again. Menemith shuddered, and deep inside her unborn pups kicked as though sensing her discomfort. They seemed to know the danger. She hoped they did.

She trudged on through the snow, her whiskers tickling the cold surface. Now that she had slowed to a walk her muscles ached viciously. Running for so long through woods had taken its toll. If the pack thought she was a threat, she'd be unable to fight back. Not that she wanted to. Memories of her family's teeth in her hide fluttered back and refused to leave. Her paws grew electric with fear. Would they follow her? No, surely not! They had their own territory. They thought her useless...and they were right, weren't they? Menemith heaved a sigh. The scent of strangers was growing fresher and fresher, to the point where that was all she could scent. The camp must have been close by. It came from a thickly wooded area to her right, filled with bushes and pines.

Menemith saw her before she smelled her. A familiar light brown coat, a heavy-set body like her own...only the fur was thin in places where scars lurked underneath. A name breached her lips before she could think.

"Nashota?"

What would the she do when she met the hunting party anyway? Politely greet them? Explain her situation? Would they even care to give her a chance to prove her worth? They'd have to. They must! It's not a question of if, it's a question of how! There was no way Nashota was willing to let this opportunity slip by, but she just couldn't stop overthinking these things. So lost in thought was she, that she paid little attention to her surroundings, and was caught completely off-guard when an unfamiliar presence uttered her name from nearby. She looked over, and locked eyes with the stranger, ready for anything.

The two stared at one another for a few moments, before Nashota broke the silence.

That would be me. -she stated confidently, turned to fully face this green-eyed stranger and examined her.

She didn't look threatening, at least. If anything, she looked a bit surprised, and somewhat familiar somehow.

Who are you, how do you know my name? -she asked, squinting slightly, still trying to remember who it was could have found out her name.

Nashota had led such a reclusive lifestyle, it seemed implausible... now she really wanted answers.

Edited by Brotato

MENEMITH

Menemith froze. How could Nashota forget her own sister? The sister she'd watched be born? Was she in trouble somehow? There wasn't even a glimmer of recognition in her sister's eyes. Cautiously, Menemith stepped forward, her eyes on the she-wolf's legs so that she wouldn't anger her. Her body language practically screamed submission; tail down, ears flat, her pace slow and careful. She let out a gentle whine to communicate that she meant no harm.

"You...you remember me, don't you? You couldn't possibly have forgotten me." she whined. "I'm Menemith. I'm your sister."

Edited by oddinomaly

Ace, Alpha

With a small nod to Hiera, Ace turned and left the nursery, catching scent of a fresh kill. Deer. That meant his other patrol had returned, yet he didn't catch a whiff of his sister Crimson. The alpha calmly strode into the center of camp, gazing around in search of his sister and the fishers he had sent out. There were two wolves missing from Crimson's patrol, including her, while the wolves fishing hadn't returned. Then, Ace got mad. His amber gaze fell upon Tor, helping himself to the deer his packmates had worked oh-so hard for. Yes, he had helped, but how dare he invite himself to eat before his alpha, betas, and equals?! Without warning, the alpha marched to the wolf, and with a massive bite, let his fangs dig into the wolf's ear. The taste of blood flooded into Ace's mouth, and a loud, warning growl erupted from his throat. How dare you eat without my permission, without letting your betas, alpha, or equals eat first?! You deserve to starve with the lowest of the low! Get away from that deer, or so help me, you'll be crying at my paws when you lose your tail! Wait for the others to eat, and then, you'll eat after the omegas! The alpha's tone was sharp and serious, quite harsh and holding nothing back.

Did he actually mean what he said? Ooooh yes, he meant it, Tor had pushed his buttons, and he wouldn't hold back in a beating if the wolf disobeyed. He would pummel him into the ground, and he wouldn't hold back. Perhaps he'd even kill the wolf? No, probably not, that'd be too far, but he'd certainly give him a beating he wouldn't forget. Ace dug his fangs deeper into Tor's ear before stepping back, his tail and head held high as his dark pelt bristled. He continued to growl, letting the warning grow louder and louder, waiting for Tor to tuck his tail between his legs and back away.

((Heh, he means it. :3))

Unsure whether to be confused, annoyed, angry, embarrassed or just plain freaked out by this whole scene, Nashota did what she'd learned how to do best in hear years of solitude, and remained stern-faced and emotionless. What was Menemith even talking about?! Sure they looked similar, but sisters? No, no... Nashota's experiences spoke otherwise. She was simply not going to take the word of some random lookalike, regardless of how much whining she did.

Quit your sniveling, you're embarrassing yourself. -she rolled her eyes- You're probably confusing me with someone else. I don't know what sort of freaky coincidence might be occurring, or if you're outright lying for whatever reason, but there is no conceivable way we could possibly... possibly... -she trailed off, tilted her head to one side ever so slightly, finally putting two and two together.

They did look so much alike. And Menemith did identify her on the damn spot.

This was a lot to take in, and were Nashota even as remotely as emotional as her supposed sister looked, it would show, but doubt and skepticism swept away any feelings under the rug like an old pinch of ashes that hadn't been disturbed in many many moons. And yet, logic was on Menemith's side.

I don't know you. -she started explaining, just as calmly as before- I've no memory of whatever family I once had. For all I know, you could be telling the truth. -she stopped, somewhat willing to go on about how it is she came to the conclusion that her loved ones had in fact abandoned her, but she still didn't trust this... Menemith individual.

I'm sorry. I can't remember. And right now, -she looked down the path that lead towards the Night pack's dens, still hopeful for admittance, and a cut of all that food, a night spent someplace warm for the first time in forever, and maybe even others she could invest even the tiniest bit of trust into- Right now that's the last thing on my mind.

Listen, if you insist, we'll discuss this, this situation, but later. Right now, I'm trying to get into the pack that lives down that way. You wouldn't happen to be with them, would you? -she arced an eyebrow, hopeful for a positive answer, though somehow expecting something else.

((Ahh, Tor. My hopeless loser. tongue.gif Gotta love his social ineptitude.))

TORBJORN

The dark cinnamon-and-grey wolf squealed and pulled away immediately, more out of surprise than respect. He flinched at the Alpha's harsh tone; had Ace no respect for former loners? They made up a good portion of his pack, after all. Tor was not of this life. He was unfamiliar with pack ways, and prone to making mistakes that set him apart. It seemed he had not learned fast enough for the Alpha...if he could be called that. His only claim to leadership was the belief that it had been handed to him by fate. It was infuriating to Tor that anyone could believe such ridiculous things. Red would overthrow him with ease. And then...then he would get what was coming to him.

But until then, Torbjorn had to pretend he cared about his place in the pack. From what others had told him, it was shameful to be cast aside and considered lower than even the omegas. He whined and tucked his tail between his legs obediently, if only to get the alpha to let go of his throbbing, torn ear.

((Awww, poor guy. He'll learn. <3))

Ace, Alpha

As the wolf whined and tucked his tail between his legs, Ace released the wolf's ear, his eyes remaining sharply narrowed. I understand that you're new here, but you've eaten before and know how things go. Let that be a little warning to you, and may you learn the ways of my pack. With those words, he turned and padded off, his ears flattening slightly as he left. He didn't always like nipping at wolves, but he knew to show his dominance, and wolves needed to learn from their mistakes. He could've done much worse, such as banishing the wolf or giving him more wounds, but Ace believed that would be going too far. The alpha then seated himself near his den, watching over his pack with his ears pricked. His amber gaze fell onto Blake, his ear twitching.

Also, where's my sister and Torque? Ace asked with a slight cock of his head, growing a little curious of his sister. Was he worried about her? Only a very tiny bit, and in a way, he hoped she had left his pack. He was sick of her attempts to dethrone him, it wasn't like she was a good leader anyways. He knew the pack would die if she took the reins, so he would never let her.

((Probably. He's kind of a dick though. :P Unrepentantly a dick.))

TORBJORN

Tor slunk away from the carcass. His pelt was hot with embarassment. The pack would treat him worse now, it was certain. While he didn't care what they thought of him, he did have a distinct aversion to being pushed around. He would work his way back up in the ranks eventually, but for now he had to clean his wounds. He padded over to a secluded spot in the camp and settled down. He licked a paw and swiped it over his injured ear. Blood stained his pale tan fur when he brought his paw back down. He licked the blood away and repeated his action until he could no longer feel fresh blood coming from the tear.

MENEMITH

Menemith's leapt back, startled by Nashota's cold words. What had happened to her sister? It was true she had always been cold. Their whole family had. Even so, she had hoped Nas would have shown some relief or recognition or...something. Something other than cold dismissal. But then her tone softened, and she became distracted. She seemed to be watching the pack's activities. Menemith padded forward, slightly more relaxed now.

"No, I'm not. I'm hoping they'll give me sanctuary. Well...give us sanctuary." the brown she-wolf looked back at her belly, eyes affectionate. She had been bonded with her pups since she felt the first kick.

dionne; loner

As the foliage thickened, Dionne found herself limping slightly as the snow disappeared from underfoot. The numbness of her paw pads was slowly ebbing away, leaving her with throbbing feet as she made her way into the tree line. She kept her head low, her nose close to the wet earth, picking out any sign of recent activity among the various scents that littered the floor. The scent of wolves-- those of the pack whose territory she'd crossed into-- was growing thicker, and with it her resolve to join them, if they would have her. She paused several times to inhale deeply and memorize each distinctive marker she came across.

Very suddenly, a soft voice floated through the trees and Dionne's ears swiveled forwards. It was a feminine voice, and obviously one she did not recognize. The white wolf crept forward, ignoring the pain that shot up her legs from the rawness of her pads. Someone had spoken a name, it seemed, for another unfamiliar voice answered. Slowly, Dionne nosed her way through a bush, her steps disguised in the hush of the winter wind.

Her golden eyes alighted on two female wolves. Neither of them smelled as though they particularly belonged there, either, though their voices did sound more similar to the wolves in this part of the region than anywhere else Dionne had visited. More pronounced with different inflections. Having traveled from the clear other side of the continent, she was surprised just how distinctive each dialect was.

Dionne was not hoping to come across other loners, but she did not have much other choice at this point. The scent of the pack was heavy, as if the wolves were close by, and it could have been a matter of minutes before a wolf from the pack came across them. With a resigned, silent exhale, Dionne eased forward a little more, closer to the other females.

"I happen to be in the same situation," came a rich voice, a few octaves deeper than the two who had spoken only moments before. It was certainly not the voice of a wolf who had grown or spent a fair amount of time in this area, or even anywhere nearby. Dionne wondered if perhaps others from her side of the country had ever come through here, or if she was the first. It was a mildly exciting thought.

Dionne tilted her head toward the other two. "I hope I did not startle you."

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

At this point, it'd take something monumental to startle me... -calmly answered Nashota.

Despite the stranger's oddly sounding voice, she looked like a regular wolf from head to tail, at least so far as Nashota could see. She certainly didn't smell like one of the pack either. But now, with three of them all looking for the same damned thing, or so it appeared. It was beginning to look like they were out to cause problems, like raid the pack's food storage. Still, a little faith was called for, so with a heavy sigh, Nashota reluctantly sat down until the introductions were over, so that their newly formed small group could move on.

((Bye guys. I'm leaving Nashota idle, if you're itching to progress into the pack, yo have my permission to drag her along. xd.png ))