20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

MENEMITH

"It seems everyone has had nightmares these days," Menemith murmured, more to herself than to Hiera.

Hearing her friend's concerns only made her more nervous. The sensation of something looming on the horizon had settled over her thoughts for some time now. She attributed it largely to being in one place. As a loner she would have moved from den to den on an nightly basis, and now that she had remained here with the Night pack so long, the feeling that Muqua was hunting her down was stronger than ever before. Surely this pack would protect her... they seemed like good wolves, and the ones that weren't at least knew to listen to the ones that were. Hiera was a good wolf; most were uncomfortable with Menemith's timid, jumpy personality, but not Hiera.

Menemith whined and nosed her friend's cheek affectionately. "You're ready. The way you act around Shade proves it. We can learn together, if it helps."

((*goes for record reply time*))

Hiera smiled at her friend. "You'll be a good mother too, you know... And I'm not worried about me as much as Hachi... He's all jumpy again and I think he's really freaking out, y'know? He was before, but then he calmed down... But my due date's coming closer and closer and I think he just re-realized that he's actually going to have pups... And he's freaking out all over again." Hiera looked towards the Subordinates' den. Hachi slept in there more often now, leaving Hiera with some much-needed her time.

"In all honesty though, I haven't been sleeping well for the last week and I think it's starting to get to me.. Last night was the only night I have been able to get a good night's sleep," Hiera stated.

((And now off to bed ^.^))

MENEMITH

"Oh, that's something all mates do, I think. In my old pack, my sister--not Nashota, one of my other sisters--and her mate were having their first litter, and you should have seen how antsy he got! He swore to catch every bit of prey in the mountains, and he damn near did!" Menemith chuckled at the memory. It was one of the few good ones she had. "She eventually had to tell my parents to sit him down and tell him to lay off. I'm sure you won't need to go so far with Hachi... but keep it in mind."

Menemith paused and settled down on the stone floor, her anxiety returning. "Hia, is something bothering you? You mentioned that vision, and... and now I'm starting to wonder. Do you have visions often? Do they end up... happening?"

((I love Hiera and Menemith already, 10/10 they're adorable friends. <3 ))

Blake, hunting leader

The black wolf nodded back at Torbjorn. Soon after that, one of scouts, Rin, woke up and asked others for any scouting. Her leader gestured her to join here, which somewhat surprised Blake. "You sure we can trust her? She's one of the new ones... I have an odd feeling about her. And about her twin too" He silently asked Tor. The old wolf still didn't trust any of the new wolves, even though two weeks had already passed since they joined the pack. He looked at the scout and frowned, but then quickly turned his gaze to Red. "I guess you're going with us too, right? Or do you want to think about... things?"

TORBJORN

"It's a scouting mission, Blake. We can send her ahead if need be," Tor responded quietly.

He, too, was wary of the new wolves. The five that had joined two weeks previous seemed to be pulling their weight, but thr newest pack members had yet to prove themselves. His eyes fell on the pack. Many were beginning to stir. Ace still appeared to be sleeping. Tor glanced hopefully at Red, hoping her answer would be yes.

((Is there not six? Or did Dorchadas's new character not join?

Mmmm...

Menemith, Dionne, Nashota, Rin, Ren, and possibly Flare(?)...))

"I don't often have visions, I've only had a 'vision' twice, this is the third time... The first was just one night when Toran, Kestra and I were pups, and I had a dream, more or less, of someone trying to hunt us down... I woke up terrified and I got my siblings to leave, but I don't know if it was true or not. The second was around my third year, but it was a good vision... It showed me the 'path' to here. But when I have visions it doesn't feel like a dream..." Hiera shuddered, remembering the dream where she fled for her life, not being able to see what from...

"But for a while, and I don't know why, but I've just had this eerie feeling that something will happen, and it won't be good... Although I'm not sure if it'll come true."

((Rinren))

((Trying to get a post in somewhere...))

Ace, Alpha

Ace paused a wolf started speaking to him. Already, this early? He turned to see Maxine, wondering if something was wrong, only to hear her asking him to hunt. He didn't exactly understand why she wanted to hunt with him, but he did want to do so. Ace nodded, keeping his stance tall and strong as he spoke to Maxine. Um, sure, I guess. If we're hunting deer or something along that size, we should probably bring another wolf with us. The alpha responded with a twitch of his ear, his amber gaze shifting to the cave's exit. Before he could listen to Maxine's reply, Ace found himself being approached by Nyra. Something was definitely up, and if this matter was as important as Nyra had just said, Ace would need to excuse himself from hunting. Dipping his head in apologies to Maxine, Ace motioned for Nyra to follow with a swift flick of his tail, making his way to his den. He welcomed the Scout Leader inside, only to find himself sitting on his nest once more.

Alright, we shouldn't be heard in here. What's wrong? The alpha cocked his head slightly as he spoke, keeping his amber gaze on Nyra as he waited for her to speak.

((Short, trying to get some work done rn, and I'm going horseback riding with my older sister, we rarely do anything together anymore.))

Edited by 20mia08

Following her alpha into the den, Nyra carefully formulated her upcoming speech, hoping that perhaps she could get her concerns noted without sounding paranoid or delusional. She knew what she knew, and it was Ace that alerted her to the dangers should speak of after all...

"Alright, we shouldn't be heard in here. What's wrong?"

Where do I even begin? -she sighed and shook her head and started to pace around- Two weeks ago, you alerted me of the existence of a potential threat to the unity of this pack, your sister, Crimson. Your exact words were "now, she's trying to get her own little group to overthrow me". -she paused and started to pace around- During the past days, I've been watching, listening, and so have my most trusted scouts. -she paused and looked at her paws, then back at Ace.

I'm concerned, we're all concerned. Crimson's influence is spreading, even now she holds three of the four most influential positions aside from your Beta, ofcourse. Torbjorn, Blake, even my brother Torque, they're all part of her little ploy, I'm sure of it.

Nyra wasn't easily intimidated, she would face any wolf with tooth and claw at the ready, but she feared something else altogether. An unexpected attack is the hardest to defend oneself from, so she couldn't stress the urgency behind her following words enough, even if she tried.

I'm preparing my scouts for a war, if that's what Crimson brings us to one day, but I can't rule out that she'll try to poison the minds of those closest to you and have you stabbed in the back. I've dealt with that, and it was by pure luck alone that I wasn't killed. -she swallowed dryly, recalling that once locked away in the deepest darkest parts of her mind memory.

Stopping her pacing, she sat down in front of her alpha, looked over towards the den's entrance to check for eavesdroppers, then locked eyes with Ace.

When we first met, I deceived you. I said I wanted to join the pack, when in reality, I hadn't the faintest of hopes that I would get that opportunity. I simply wanted to use my brother's presence as a means to justify my intrusion in pack grounds. I thought that request would be quickly declined and I would be sent away in peace, but then the unexpected happened. You granted me entry into the Night Pack and I wasn't sure whether to be happy or not. I've never been part of something bigger then myself. But then, I couldn't help but admire the order you keep here. This pack, it's like a family. I knew I had to show my worth somehow, so I pressed my luck when I asked you to make me a scout leader. Once again, things went against my expectations, and was granted the position... -she paused, looked at her paws, then met Ace's gaze once more.

You gave me this family, and then you gave me a purpose. Your sister and I are a lot alike. I would gladly burn, bleed or murder for this pack, Ace. And so would she, but only to see herself sitting in your place. -she paused to glance sideways for a moment, unsure if she'd perhaps gone a bit too far- If I lose you, then I lose everything. So please, promise me you'll do something about it.

Edited by Brotato

dionne; scout

Her golden eyes trailed after Nyra as the albino female dismissed herself to speak with the Alpha. She watched the pair drift into Ace's private chambers, and Dionne found herself frowning slightly, as if disappointed. Though she wasn't certain if this strange feeling was from Nyra's absence or the fact that she and Ace had gone off together.

Dionne's skin grew warm under her fur suddenly. She had not expected that thought to turn in her mind, and it startled her. Blinking rapidly, she turned her attention away from her scout leader and Alpha and to the brown she-wolf still sitting nearby. "Nothing out of the usual," she answered, ears flattened slightly against her head as a trickle of embarrassment seized her. What a bizarre feeling. "Though, I did notice some marks on a tree on my way back to camp. From my experiences it typically means either a bear has woken early or a buck rubbed his antlers against it, though this would be the wrong time of year for them to mark trees." She tilted her head thoughtfully, curious if the creatures in this part of the country behaved differently than those she was used to in the far east. Perhaps she still had much to learn about this territory.

Glancing around for a second and spying Red's small congregation at the edge of the cave, Dionne added in a softer, slightly awkward voice that suggested she was not accustomed to prolonged conversation, "Did you sleep well?" Years of silence and forgotten company had made it difficult for her to sustain much talk, but she tried. The loneliness was not something she desired to experience for much longer; it had been her entire reason for joining in the first place. With dismay she realized it still plagued her even now, and likely would not leave her unless she put more effort into making friends, even if she did look slightly more flustered in her attempts to do so.

morte; herbalist

The brown and white wolf watched the tree line for a few moments longer, occasionally sniffing at the wind to make sure Craven's scent did not disappear altogether. He was slightly nervous knowing the young wolf was out there without his supervision, but the omega reminded himself that Craven would be a young adult in a few months and that there were a plethora of Subordinates nearby in case something went awry. Sighing softly, Morte turned around and limped slowly back toward the comfort of the cave. He had been used to sleeping in the center near the mouth of the cave, having been an omega for a good portion of his adult life. It didn't bother him much, especially now that he was allowed to be of some use to his family. He could only be grateful that they hadn't run him off the moment it was realized he wasn't going to die from his injury after all.

Morte noticed the two pregnant wolves speaking softly amongst themselves and smiled. At least there was something else he could be good for-- a passive wolf like him was no good for violence, but he had some pride in his good nature for pup rearing. Not many males could claim that, at least. He huffed warmly at the two as acknowledgement and dragged himself closer. "Good morning, ladies," Morte greeted gently, his voice pleasant and cheerful. "How are you feeling today? I've sent for some pain relief herbs in case either of you are in need of it. I believe I saw Red bring in some rabbits this morning if you are hungry as well."

((Okay, time to try and kick off this character, I'll start with her sitting and mixing some herbs))

Moyo, Herbalist

Moyo sat in a quiet clearing, crushing up some herbs with a rock and mixing them in a small nut bowl. Her red-brown fur was stained in places by the juice of the plants "This new concoction should heal wounds at a faster rate...I just need one more sprig of aloe vera and some astragalus bark"

She placed down her bowl and sniffed around for the familiar deposits of herbs and trees. As she retrieved what she needed, she washed herself in the river. "Maybe I should invent some kind of sanatizer...the river can be dangerous at times" Moyo returned to the clearing to find some squirrels sniffing at her concotion. "What the! Darn rodents, I should've brought it with me"

Moyo growled and stiffened up, in an attempt to scare off the squirrels. The rodents quickly skittered off, and Moyo finished her paste. "Now then, lets see if this works.."

Moyo slathered some of the paste onto herself, and lay down to wait. "I need to find a better test subject..."

((Okay, is Moyo a pack member or am I supposed to have her enter the pack and become a herbalist? I'm a bit new to this))

Edited by C88

((You can introduce your characters however you wish, but do note that these wolves are starving and have a lack of food. Also, living in the mountains, there wouldn't be squirrels running into a cave full of wolves, or any rodents in general))

Ace, Alpha

Ace had to admit, he was a little surprised by Nyra's sudden and great concern for his safety and the safety of his pack. He knew that Nyra was right, he had to do something, but what could he do? If he acted up too much and fought with Crimson even more, his pack would start to doubt his loyalties, not just his sister's. Ace had to lead the pack as well, he couldn't just drop anything and stop his sister's and her follower's uprising. Of course, it would be much less stressful with an alpha female, as she could hold down the fort for me while I try figuring out a plan. Now all of those elders can say 'I told you so', but I don't have any feelings for any of my packmates, these wolves need to understand that. Ace let out a sigh, remaining seated and holding Nyra's gaze.

I am grateful for your loyalty and worry, but the only thing I can really do is prove my worth to Crimson and her followers. If I act out like her, our packmates will see me like her, we're in no need of war at the moment, the pack is starving. The alpha responded, finding himself wanted to pace as well. He tired to think of other options he could have, such as brainwashing Crimson's followers. But there wasn't much he could do for that either, as most followed her because she was standing out by challenging her own blood, and was being quite rebellious.

I understand that she will bring up a battle, but perhaps she'll be smart enough do fight when wolves are actually healthy. If I do see her act up too much, especially harm a wolf, you can count on her crying out for mercy. I will not tolerate her foolish actions, that's for sure. The only thing we can try to do is turn her wolves against her. If they aren't loyal to their alpha, they aren't loyal to their pack, no? Ace spoke with a sigh, rising to his paws before stretching out his hind legs.

((Okay, thanks for the clarification. I'll have her as a pre-existing member of the pack then))

Moyo, herbalist

As Moyo lay waiting for her mix to have some kind of reaction, her mind turned to the pack's current state. "The pack is divided, it is inevitable that there will be a disagreement at some point. and then..." Moyo shivered slightly as she remembered the blood and brutality when her old pack was invaded. "Well, in any case I am sided with the alpha. He is our leader, strong, and was selected for the role. I won't follow Crimson, I don't trust her. The fighting won't happen anytime soon anyway, with the state we are in"

Moyo checked the paste on her leg. "Seems to be working, I might start using this if it doesn't backfire..". Since all she had to do was wait, Moyo decided to take a quick nap."Someone'll wake me up if I'm needed..." She dozed off, mind troubled by the plight of the pack.

Edited by C88

Bright star

Bright star yawned and opened his eyes. He was hungry. He hoped he could go on a hunt. Maybe he could ask Ace if they could go hunting. Now just where was ace?

Leia

Over two weeks Leia practiced with herbs. She finally had found a way to help others while doing something she loved. After the working day she smelled wonderful. Today she was experimenting with plants to stop bleeding. She was pretty sure Moyo had been using the mixture. As she walked towards the place where Moyo was normally was she saw with along with a large whiff of smell. "Hey Moyo how's that mixture working for you? I was working on it all yesterday." She said smiling. She laid down beside her. "Um Moyo? Moyo! Wake up Moyo!"

Edited by Evil sethoss

((Sethoss, her name is Moyo not Morte xd.png you might want to edit that out))

Moyo, herbalist

Moyo was having a bad dream. She was a pup again, only she was in the Night Pack. Arguments were breaking out among the pack members and it was escalating quickly. Wolves began fighting, blood spattering against the ground. Moyo ran and ran, and then found herself being woken up.

"Mh...no..stop...huh?" Moyo opened her eyes to see Leia beside her. "Hey, Leia. For once I'm actually glad you woke me up, I was having a nightmare" Moyo rose up and stretched, yawning. "The mixture I've been trying seems to have worked" She gestured to her leg, which was almost healed. "I'm contemplating whether I should add some horsetail to help with bleeding, or some noni for sore joints. This paste should be usable in tandem with snow, using the snow to clean wounds and then putting the paste on them for healing"

"How're you doing with your practice? You seem to be getting better and better. Good thing too, because the pack may need a lot of healing sometime in the future..."

So that was it? He was just going let things happen? This didn't seem wise at all, and if Nyra was speaking to anyone but Ace, she'd have started snarling and yelling at that point. She had no choice but to invest her trust in him, after all. And if Crimson wanted a war, well Nyra wasn't going to back down. She would be sure to raise her scouts to be warriors worth fearing in the coming days. Her only regret was that it would come to that, and there would no doubt be casualties. But if Ace's image was that important, then there was indeed little else to do.

It's not just my worry, or loyalty. My group will follow you in any endeavor, but I council against letting the pack tear at itself just because your sister has a hair up her arse about who should lead. Her followers are indoctrinated, brainwashed even. They're all ready to leap into a war if that's what their wanna-be alpha wants of them. I highly doubt you'll be impressing them any time soon.

She had to hold back a gout of laughs when Ace mentioned Crimson might be smart enough not to start something while the pack needed food. She didn't care about their wellbeing! How could she care for them, with these plans for treachery in an already working system. And with Red's followers in control of the hunts, if they kept on going hungry, there would be no one else to blame. As for Red hurting anyone...

Now there's a thought. I'd be happy to make that happen, someday. -a slight smile crossed her face- Making wolves beg for mercy used to be a hobby of mine when I had to fend for my wandering family all those moons ago.

Turning Red's followers against her seemed like a pipe dream to Nyra. Although...

Torbjorn could be persuaded, I suppose. I'll work on that. In the meantime, be extra vigilant. Crimson might relent on the fight for now, but that doesn't mean she isn't watching for a weak spot to exploit. Your followers might have reservations about attacking without provocation, but Crimson's definitely don't. I'll keep my ear to the ground and an eye on things. Maybe the coming days will bode better omens. She tried to look more reassured, but deep down wasn't, even in the slightest. Things were not going well in her eyes, but her alpha seemed to think otherwise. Either she was very wrong and overestimating the gravity of the situation, or she was very right, and Ace was in for a rude awakening. She could only hope the former was true. You mentioned a hunt, sir. I know I'm a scout, but we've done our morning rounds. Do you mind if I accompany your group? My patrols have been rather dull lately. Too few thugs to chase off...

And at least this way she could keep an eye on things, so as to make sure Red's followers wouldn't try anything while Ace was out in the open.

=================================

Hah, I wish! Who can sleep well with all this tension? I didn't sign up for this, I got roped into it. This blasted feud, I mean. -she shook her head and rolled her eyes- Everyone involved is on edge. Hell, even the ones that want nothing to do with it are cringing on the inside. -she grinned- Still, there are opportunities to be had in this chaos, no? -she paused briefly to scratch her ear with her leg.

It was about time Dionne opened up a little, she was usually so quiet, that it made Nashota a little nervous.

Boy oh boy, am I glad Menemith isn't a bloody nutter like that red-furred one. -she shook her head- You sure were eager to jump to her defense though. I understand, she's a mother-to-be and that's fine. I just hope those pups don't get caught up in this whole mess. I don't know how far it'll go but, I'm ready for anything. -she glanced outside towards Red's group and scowled lightly. Perhaps this topic wasn't worth covering for the umpteenth time.

Do you have any family out there?

Edited by Brotato

Ace, Alpha

Ace had to admit, Nyra was right, if Crimson wanted a fight, her followers would make her wish their command. The alpha knew that a war was on the horizon, whether he liked it or not. No matter how hard they tried, Crimson would stop at nothing to try dethroning her brother. Blood meant nothing to her, she only liked seeing the blood of her enemies splatter all over the cave. I suppose your right, trying to impress them wouldn't be worth our time. What really disappoints me is that our own packmates are too blind to see that Crimson doesn't want what's best for them, she simply wants power. They'll regret their choices, that's a fact. The alpha sighed.

Though only wolf I really want to see beg for mercy is my sister. Saw it once, and I'll be pleased to see it happen again. Ace replied, ruffling his black-and-silver fur as he ceased his pacing. Whatever happened to having a big, happy family? I swear, my sister was dropped off the mountain at her birth. The alpha muttered with a flatten of his ears, then rolling his amber eyes. The male wolf then pricked his ears to listen to Nyra as she spoke of brainwashing her brother. Perhaps she would have a better luck with her own family? Maybe Torbjorn was actually clever enough to face the facts about Crimson being a poor leader and understand that he was following the wrong wolf?

Yes, do try persuading your brother. If those followers of Crimson continue to slip up or prove themselves untrusthworthy, they can count themselves as demoted wolves. I need you to be my ears on patrols, since I'm often back here keeping an eye on camp. I need reports on those in higher positions, I don't want to hear about trying to gain more followers. Ace began, narrowing his eyes and nodding slowly. Oh no, Ace forgot all about the hunt! He now felt guilty for forgetting about Maxine's offer, as it seemed like she had something important to discuss. But she wouldn't mind Nyra tagging along, would she?

Yeah, you can tag along. We have Esko here, things should go well with him around, I trust him. The alpha responded to Nyra's request, pushing his way out of his den, his gaze moving to different wolves in the cave until he spotted Maxine. If she really did have something important to tell him, they could hang in the back of the hunting party, and she could tell him what it was.

Phayne wandered through the forest alone, his head hung low and the gaze of a dead fish etched across his face. His movement was slow and uneven, the sign of fatigue both mental and physical obvious to those with a keen eye. It had been a week and a half since the ill-fated event took place; vivid flashes of the nightmare haunting him during the day and only proceeded to get worse during nightfall.

Over and over again that day played over in his dreams, as if some ethereal figure from a realm unknown took pleasure from his torment. His only solace now was during the twilight moment of being caught between being awake and asleep as both of his demons wrestled for control of his torture.

A scent lingered across the trail he followed, its distinct smell along with Phayne's hunger momentarily overpowering his haunted thoughts. Following the smell, he was soon upon a large patch of blood covered snow. The center of which lay the bones of what was once a deer.

Perhaps the leftover of a bear kill. Phayne sniffed the carcass, the smell of dried blood and decomposing flesh permeating his sense of smell. The putrid odour that had begun to emanate from the deceased indicated that the remains were at least three days old. Far too gone for him to scavenge from.

Unable to take the smell any longer Phayne turned, resuming his journey along the path; a broken wolf with no destination.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Yes sir! -she answered, almost happily so.

Finally, a reason to really push her limits, even if it was for something she knew very little about. But how different could killing an elk or deer be from fighting another wolf anyway? Surely not very much, plus she couldn't turn down an opportunity to properly stretch her legs and sink her fangs into something still living. To see the fear in her prey's eyes as it seemed to beg for it's life was... euphoric.

When she and Ace had left the den, her glance wandered over her scouts, still sitting and idly chatting about something. Perhaps they wanted to come too? She considered inviting them, team solidarity was a must after all... but then she'd only recently dismissed them from duty. They'd only just returned from their rounds, would they really want to go back out there and further exhaust themselves? Probably not. Besides, this hunting trip was more then just a means to secure food for the pack so far as Nyra was concerned. Her duty now was to keep an eye on Ace, just in case Red and her goons tried anything while he was exposed. Esko's presence wasn't very reassuring either. Trustworthy as he might be, he didn't seem like a capable warrior to Nyra. She just didn't see that killer instinct every warrior needed in him for some reason.

Whatever that reason might be, it was none of her concern. Esko was useful to the alpha, that's all that mattered. Now, where was that other wolf asking for them to go hunting? No doubt they were all eager to get started. After they were done, Nyra and her brother would definitely need to have a chat about Red's plans. Torbjorn as well, for at least he seemed a bit less hard-headed then the rest of Red's lackeys. But that was for another time altogether.

Edited by Brotato

Red

She remained silent as she watched Tor join in the conversation she and Blake had. Did she really want to go on a scouting mission? "I went for an early morning hunt and found two hares, that would be enough for now, although I think I should remain back incase a hunting patrols wants to head out," she paused, thinking for a few moments. Her voice dropped in volume as she eyes her paws, speaking to Tor and Blake only. "I see what you mean though. I though Shade was a little naïve pup but the past two weeks seemed to prove everything but. I might stop trying to switch sides, but we can wait for the new pups to try and convince."

Red then sighed and wagged her tail twice. "I'm sure i'm allowed for a scouting trip, especially after my morning hunt. They can sort a hunting patrol if they really wanted," she said with a shrug of her shoulders. Although she was tired, she figured another run could clear her head instead of moping around and thinking. She gave a quick survey of the wolves awake in the den, and then realised her brother and Nyra was gone. Yep, she really needed to stay back and think a few things through. And she could also talk about a few things on patrol.

((If you really wanted I can make Chioni a girl, I just wanted to balance out the genders.))

Edited by Tiga

Maxine, Subordiinate

Max nodded in understanding when she heard Ace say that they should probably bring another wolf along in they were going to hunt deer and was just about to reply verbally when he was pulled away by none other than Nyra. She sighed and had her attention go to the cave's entrance as she tried to hide her frustrated and annoyed expression while also imagining the deer and other prey beyond the cave. She tried to not overhear their conversation since it wasn't any of her business but try as she might, she wasn't able to tune them out. She was only able to catch a few words, though and not the whole conversation so it didn't really matter. When she heard them end the conversation but also wasn't able to tune out the part about him telling Nyra that she could join them in their hunting trip. She silenty fumed to herself about that but would be composed by the time that they left. She didn't turn her attention away from the woods when she felt Ace's eyes on her and also didn't react to him doing that.

dionne; scout

She regarded Nashota with bright eyes as the other she-wolf spoke. "Yes, this certainly isn't the most peaceful of times," she agreed softly, casting her glance about the cave as the others began to wake. "This tension cannot hold out much longer if it continues like this. Something needs to be done soon before wolves get hurt." She noticed the herbalists getting up, and a few other scouts including the two newest members-- or at least, one of them. She eyed the twins for a moment, wondering about them, before turning her attention back to Nashota. When the brown wolf spoke of Menemith, Dionne frowned. She had almost forgotten that the pregnant female was Nashota's sister, and she was curious to learn if the two of them had reconciled at all since joining.

She looked to Menemith now, who appeared to be awake. "Perhaps I was," she murmured, and her gaze became distant, as if trying to recall a certain memory. Whatever it was, it was locked within the far receses of her mind, and she sighed when the only thing she could conjure were bitter flashes of violence and treachery. Finally her expression cleared and she looked over at Nashota with a fierce light in her eyes. "I do not stand for injustice, especially against those who are innocent. Menemith seemed innocent enough; she's a gentle soul. If I can help it I will not allow her pups to get involved in this...mess. Allowing pups to get involved is absurd," Dionne said, her voice suddenly stern and tinged with heat. "Anyone who tries to can answer to me first."

She was not ready for Nashota's next question, and a stillness settled over the white wolf. Her family... She closed her eyes, as if struggling to find the words. "I might," she said after a moment, the determination in her voice seconds prior gone just as abruptly as it had come. There was a hint of uncertainty to her, as if she were uneasy about the subject. Truth be told, she did not remember much about her family aside from the constant fighting among her old pack and her brother's exile. It was an old heartache, something she decided to cast aside once she was able to find a new family; one more capable of loving than those previous. "Wherever they are, they likely don't remember me. I left when I was young. My sisters may still be alive with my old pack, though all things considering, I doubt it. My brother..." She paused a second, glancing away from Nashota, "I do not know. It's not important anymore. I made my choice, and they made theirs. I had hoped to find or start a new one, but...." Dionne trailed away, at loss for how to communicate her desire but absolute ineptitude for her goal.

She shifted on her paws slightly. "Have you spoken with Mememith at all since you found each other?"

Gentile. -Nashota huffed- Gentle won't protect her or her pups if all hell breaks loose and no one else is around. Averting her gaze towards where her sister now stood, she couldn't help but worry for her, even just a bit. Sister or no, Menemith and her offspring didn't deserve to get caught in this petty squabble between their alpha and his ill-willed rebellious sibling. I was actually considering finding her a place to go, should things get too heated around here. A safe place to hide herself and her offspring, you know? So far my patrols have yielded no such hiding places, but I'll keep looking. I know it doesn't mean much coming from me, but thank you for your concern about her.

When the topic of Dionne's family came, it was painfully obvious she was reluctant to speak of it.

I suppose, sometimes it's best to leave the past where it belongs. I don't see what's stopping you, honestly. There is plenty of time and opportunity for that kind of thing. Something struck her as odd, however... Dionne had "hoped" to find or start a family? That was odd.- I don't understand, you can still do those things. Why do you sound like you've given up already? -she arced an eyebrow.

When Dionne inquired whether or not Nashota had spoken to her sister, she glanced away and opened her mouth, trying to think of what to say. The fact of the matter was, she hadn't spoken to Menemith, at least not about anything deeper then idle small talk. Y-y-yes, I spoke to her, just... not about anything serious. I just check in on her every now and then to see if she's okay, but aside from that... no. Nashota had been so focused on her training, that any curiosity she had about her past life and family she had before losing her memory had been drowned out by the burning desire to better herself and be on par with her fellow scouts. A feat that Nyra didn't make easy, not in the slightest.

It's just, with all these patrols, and sparring with our group leader, and snooping around for Red's plans to overtake, well... Looking back to her fellow scout, Nashota sighed and explained: When we sparred, Nyra and I, she disabled me in two breaths time. -she grunted in frustration and shook her head, trying to stay optimistic- Or she used to. I've improved since then. Now it just takes her a while longer. I can't allow that! It drives me insane sometimes, how easily that albino overpowers me. What's worse is I used to think I knew a thing or two about fighting, too! Now imagine someone like her threatens Menemith or her pups, and I have to defend them... I can't let up. I can't be like my sister and just expect others to fight my battles for me, and Nyra's helping me improve much more quickly then I would on my own. That's what I have to focus on right now, I-I think.

Edited by Brotato

MENEMITH

Menemith listened to Hiera intently, fear growing in her chest like a fungus. As a pup she had heard stories of wolves with visions. Her family believed such wolves were cursed, and thus were meant to be avoided. It was not the only time her old pack used fear to keep its wolves in line. Since she had left them, her own thoughts and ideas had begun to take shape. Hiera was not cursed. That much was certain. But perhaps this pack... this pack could be. It was fractured from the inside. Perhaps Crimson was cursed? Perhaps she was the curse? Menemith sent a skittish glance at the alpha's sister, then pushed the though aside. She leaned forward and covered Hiera's ears in comforting licks.

"Hia, whatever comes, you know that they--that we will face it as a pack. There's nothing stronger than a pack."

Menemith knew who it was before she even turned her head. Morte's limping gait was unique to the omega-turned-herbalist. The pale brown wolf turned to him, her tail wagging slightly. She liked Morte; his quiet, caring nature hardly ever sparked the fear in her other wolves did.

"I have been feeling very stiff. I think a remedy is just what I need," she replied.

TORBJORN

"Red, your followers are... few in number," Tor replied. "Is it wise to wait for new pups? There are still some who can be swayed, after all. That... that Menemith wolf. Perhaps she could be swayed with the promise of protection for herself and her pups. She's certainly skittish enough."

Ace's followers almost doubled Red's in number, and many in skill. Tor's gaze swept over the cave once again. Names matched with faces in his head. Avion, Nyra, Hia, Hachi, Maxine, Bright Star, Aurora, Nashota... even more than that. This would all have been so much simpler if those five loners hadn't joined up. He watched as Ace and Nyra vanished deeper into the cave. If she was his chosen mate, it would be much harder to overthrow him. She was ruthless.

"Red, perhaps we should attempt to weaken Ace. Think... think like a poisoning."

Edited by oddinomaly