20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

Blake, subordinate

Blake gazed back at Ace with a serious look. "There was a lone wolf trespassing our territory. Your sister and Torque decided to take care of him." Then he looked into direction of where the loner had been spotted. "You don't need to say it. I know it takes them too much time." He knew that whatever Red may have done, she was still Ace's sister and he would care about her.

Then his gaze rested on Tor, who was taking care of his ear. However cruel may it not be and how much Blake did not like the leader, this time the formerly lone wolf had earned it. The black wolf shook his head with pity. He liked Tor, but he needed to learn how things worked here.

MENEMITH

"Who are you?" Menemith asked, her voice soft.

Despite the boldness of her question, her body language remained submissive. Her eyes didn't leave the stranger's figure for a moment and she was tense like she expected the other wolf to jump on her out of nowhere. Nashota seemed fairly calm, but she had never been savaged by strangers...at least, not that Menemith knew. The stranger's accent brought back memories of loners traveling through her parents' territory way back East. They had claimed to be from far away, and usually didn't start trouble.

dionne; loner

The white wolf's eyes flickered between the other two. She had noticed quite quickly how similar they looked in appearance. The fur color could have been almost identical, and the profile of their muzzles were curious replicas. And yet, from the way the two stood in relation to each other, Dionne wondered if they actually knew each other at all. But hadn't one of them mentioned the word "sister" not moments ago?

Dionne sniffed slightly at the air again, taking in their scents a final time. The less submissive one-- the other had called her "Nakosha," or something akin to it-- did not seem to care much that Dionne had appeared from the blue, and thus the white wolf did not reply to her comment. Her gold eyes trailed over the female for a moment, studying her, as if trying to recall some distant memory that had long been tucked away in the corners of her lonely mind. It suddenly dawned on Dionne that she had not spoken to another wolf in almost two years; yes, there had been a few times in her rogue life where she stumbled upon another loner, or caught a glance of one from a distance. But to actually carry a conversation? She likely hadn't said a word to anyone since shortly after leaving her first pack.

Dionne glanced over at the other wolf. She seemed more nervous and shy, and in her voice Dionne detected an element of anticipation, as if she expected Dionne to lunge for her neck. There was a curious smell about her that made Dionne's nose twitch. It was not one she had come across in a long time, possibly longer than the amount of time it had been since Dionne had carried a conversation. It smelled like...like...

Her ears pricked forward at the sound of the female's soft voice. "I am Dionne," she answered gently, gazing curiously down at the smaller wolf. After a brief moment of hesitation, she added, "And you...you are with pups?"

MENEMITH

The brown she-wolf took a cautious step back. She knew she had begun to show a week ago, though she had hoped others would just assume she was well-fed. Slowly she nodded. There was no point lying about it now. Her fur still stood on end.

After glancing from Nashota to Dionne, she replied, "I'm called Menemith."

((Won't be on much tonight; got a circus performance to preform in, and it's movie night))

Ace, Alpha

Ace flattened his ears. There had been a lone wolf roaming around on his territory, and now they told him?! He held back a series of rude and angry remarks, letting his sharp amber gaze fall onto his two betas. With a brisk twitch of his tail, the alpha approached Esko and Kestra with his tail held high to show his dominance. He gave the two a nod of acknowledgement before speaking to them in a serious tone. Kestra, Esko, I need you two to watch camp. I have to save Crimson before she's beaten to a pulp again. I should be back soon, make sure nobody eats until everyone returns. With those few words, Ace turned and raced from camp. Little did he know, he'd meet more than just two lone wolves...

((Ah, Kes'll probably let them in (and ignore what Ace says about it) 'cause she's got a thing for loners. Kind of a sympathy, you know? Cause of her past?))

Kestra~

The she-wolf had been wandering for quite a bit when she heard voices.

None from the pack. But they sound... Wait.

"And you... You are with pups?"

Kestra had gotten close enough to see the she-wolf referred to was nodding. What would Ace say?

Wait, who cares what Ace would say? It was the right thing, and she had the authority to do it.

"Hullo? Who's there?"

Kestra made like she was just checking the boundaries when she stumbled across the three, even though she had been hiding behind the brush for a good 5 minutes listening. She didn't want to sound threatening.

"You do know you're in Night Pack territory, huh?"

Hiera~

Hiera was laying near the cold pup, but his tempature had been steadily rising. Hopefully he would return to consciousness soon.

((Crap, Mia, Kes's been out of the dens. This is what I get for writing an actual post))

(I'm taking the lead for interaction hope that's ok.)

Bright Star subordinate

As Bright star walked down the path he looked around. He saw early birds singing in the trees, the sun shining through icicles in the trees. He walked on enjoying the nature. He began to him a little tune. The icy snow crunched under his feet letting out satisfying crunches. Crunch, crunch, crunch As he cleared a small curve in the path he began to smell something. He looked around trying to figure out where it came from. After not seeing anything he assumed it was the fish. Then he began to smell other scents. It smelt like other wolves and it was coming from his left. He looked over there and saw nothing but snow and small bushes. "Hmmm... the perfect hiding place." He thought to himself. "Hurr..." He dropped the fish out of his mouth to the icy ground below. Now that the fish weren't near his nose he could smell them much better. He felt his the fur on the back rise. He dug his paws into the ground. He raised a low growl in his throat. "How's there?" He barked at the hill.

Aurora subordinate

After watching Ace's demonstration Aurora made a mental note to never ever tick off Ace. The fur on her neck was raised.The snow seemed much colder now. The cold seemed to be like a knife on her back. She shook off the feeling and asked Blake:" What do we do now?"

Codak omega (and Leia)

There were two birds in a tree chirping away. They had decided to build a nest there. As they moved straw around a massive growl came from within the cave. They flew away quickly and birds haven't landed in that tree since. However that was only a yawn from Codak. He had been awakened by the beating between Tor and Ace."What the heck are they doing out there? He yawned and was nearly was stepped on by that beauty queen Leia. "Grrrrerrowl watch where are you going, Rat!" He growled brutally. "Are you calling me a Rat?!? A rat!? I am a exotic beauty... if I do say so my self hehehe." She protested. Codak drew himself to his full height and bared his teeth. Leia slowly backed out of the cave. Codak smiled to himself, he had showed her. He shoke himself off and walked out of the cave. He didn't really want to do work so he found a large rock to lay behind. The sun shined directly behind it. He cleared the snow on the ground and he lay down. "Ahhhhh... that's the spot..."

((Sorry for the mostly introducing posts.))

Edited by Evil sethoss

Kestra~

"Most wolves aren't as nice as I. Stay here," the grey wolf hissed, and then sauntered out of the bushes. "Good day, Star, how're you? It's me, Kestra, Beta Female." She grinned playfully at the young Subordinate. He wouldn't try to cross her, she was sure of it, especially because she was ranked above him and much more powerful. "I was just checking the boundaries."

"Whoa K..k..k...Telstra... I..I didn't expect you. Uhh did you notice the weird smells coming from behind that hill..." He tried to look behind her. "Harmony and Maxine are behind me. We finished catching fish so we're coming back to cave."

Red

This wolf was Torque's brother? It didn't come as a big shock, Torque was a loner before he joined the pack. But the chances of meeting a sibling of his was very slim. "Am I okay? Am I okay?! This is your sister? What is she doing here? She was trespassing on our territory!" Red snapped at Tor, giving no gesture to Nyra. "I don't see why we can't drive her out right now," Red spat in disgust, proceeding to sit down with a sigh of relief. It took all the weight off her injured paw, which now, she was carefully examining.

She watched Torque carefully, studying his reaction then she turned to stare at Nyra. Her eyes narrowed in anger, and her lips drew back in another growl. Now knowing Nyra's name, she hated her with a passion.

((ew short post))

Kestra~

"And you just left them to carry everything? Tsk tsk. That's a bit rude." Kestra looked at him accusingly. "And I did, that's why I left to investigate. I have yet to find the source, though." She shrugged at him. "Eh, it doesn't matter much. We can handle 'em. That's what earned Night Pack it's reputation." She walked back into the bushes. "See you, Star, I've gotta get back to work."

((Pfffft, Tesltra. *Kestra))

Edited by MyaMouse

"No actually I gave put my fish right here" Bright star said gesturing to his pile on the ground."And if you're looking for lone wolves I think they are somewhere over this hill." He ran back to Harmony and Maxine. "Hurry up slowpokes! Last one to the camp is a...a...a uh... Green deer!" He shouted to them. Then he raced off to the camp running as quick as possible. Edited by Evil sethoss

dionne; loner

Dionne repeated the wolf's name mentally for memory's sake. She was somewhat surprised she had been correct about Menemith's pregnancy-- after all, Dionne hadn't encountered a pregnant wolf since she was only eight moons old-- but as she focused her gaze on the other female's belly, she realized that the wolf's stomach was a bit more distended than might be normal in this area during the winter. She wondered just how far along Menemith was, how many pups...

Dionne's thoughts were cut off as the rustle of leaves caught her attention. A third voice sounded in the air, but this time the wolf that followed it smelled almost exactly like a few of the markers Dionne had discovered around the pack's territory. This, then, must have been a pack wolf. Her ears pressed forward slightly, listening. Well of course they knew they were in pack territory. Dionne thought that was a silly question, but remained quiet, for not a moment later did the she-wolf bound past them to strike conversation with someone else.

The white wolf drew closer to Menemith, her gaze locked on the area where the pack female had disappeared. Dionne was not sure if Nashota cared much about the safety of her sister, and subsequently her unborn nieces and nephews, but there was something about Menemith that kindled a sense of protectiveness in Dionne. Perhaps it was the pups, or perhaps it was how timid the she-wolf was. Either way, the white wolf silently moved forward to place herself between the pack wolves and the pregnant loner, the fur along her spine slightly raised.

MENEMITH

Menemith tucked her tail between her legs and dug her paws into the earth beneath her. Her ears flattened and she lowered her head. And then...then Dionne placed herself between the pregnant she-wolf and the pack wolf. She raised her head and tilted it to the side in surprise. Had they met before, and Menemith had merely forgotten? Her green eyes strayed to the pack wolf. She looked well-fed and confident...perhaps one of the alphas' daughters? From her limited experience in packs, the highest ranking wolves were usually of a single family. Perhaps the alphas would hear that she, too, was of alpha blood, and take her in?

No. You don't look like an alpha. You may be big and strong but you're a coward, an unwelcome voice snarled in her head. It was his. Menemith shuddered, as though she could feel his words tearing through her like fangs. Every fiber of her wished she could have gotten away from him sooner.

Struggling to push the thoughts aside she leaned forward and quietly whined to Dionne, "What are you doing? You just learned my name..."

Put the fangs away, girl. The only reason you yet draw breath is because I haven't had a decent meal in a while and got sloppy as a result. -Nyra sneered, grinning slightly at Red.

Torque sighed and felt like digging himself into a pit and never coming out again. Of all the blasted things to happen this was likely the lowest on his list, but it was happening. In all honesty, he wished he was still being strangled by his previous attacker, then having to deal with this...

You haven't changed at all, have you sis? he asked grimly.

Oh, no. I have changed. But let's not get into that. You heard your... friend? Superior? Something else? Hah! Let's stick with superior. Judging by your scents, I'd say you've up and joined the Night pack. Impressive, for the runt of the litter. But I know you better then that, brother. You're too smart for your own good. Especially to be out here looking for a fight with just one other wolf backing you up. -she squinted and looked Torque dead in the eyes- Oh yes, you're up to something. You're after something... -she tilted her head as her grin grew slightly wider- Or someone?

Enough! Get out of here! -Torque snarled loudly and bared his fangs.

I'm not going anywhere. -she replied coldly.

================================================

Nashota simply sat there and quietly observed as the scene unfolded. She was confused, but somewhat relieved that they'd bumped into one of the less violent pack members. Perhaps this was the opening they were looking for. The fact that her supposed sister was carrying blew threw like a gust of wind. Nashota didn't know how the Night pack would react to that piece of information, but she sure as hell didn't very much care.

If they wanted us dead, they'd be at our throats by now. -the brown-furred wolf mumbled under her breath, in mild relief. What does one say to make a good impression anyway? Nashota was lost on that, so perhaps being quiet was the pest approach? No, that was a sign of subservience, and she definitely didn't want to end up as the dirt under the pack's paws.

"It's me, Kestra, Beta female" overhearing that bit of info didn't help much.

I feel helpless. It hate that. -Nashota though, gritting her teeth in frustration. I hate that so much.

Edited by Brotato

Kestra~

The tin-colored Beta padded back to the group. "So you together, or is the world full of hilarious coincidences?" she questioned. "Ace'll probably get mad, but logic will prevail. Come with me before Tor or Red bites your head off. Possibly even Torque. Man, lots of wolves whose names start with 'Tor'. Oops, rambling again. Anyway, I'm Kestra, Beta Female, advisor of pack leader Ace and a former loner. Who are y'all and why are you here?"

Finally! -Nashota felt like leaping for joy when they got their entry into the pack grounds. Kestra's words were reassuring, but Nashota still had her guard up, and tried to keep her expectations down. Nothing was certain yet, after all. If this alpha individual ruled against their stay, things would get very complicated.

My name is Nashota. I've been on my own since, well... -she paused, considering whether or not to spill these beans. If they wanted in, then it was reasonable that they had to inspire trust somehow, and keeping something secretive worked the other way.

...since I woke up, with no recollection of what happened before. I wandered the area for several moons, hoping to find my family, but they never came looking for me, I suppose. That's why I'm here, to start over somewhere else.

Well, that didn't seem all that hard to talk about at all...

And about these Tors and Reds, I'd like to see them try. -she added through clenched teeth.

If someone wanted her out, they would indeed have to try and rip her head off.

Edited by Brotato

Blake, subordinate

Blake looked at their leader with anger in his eyes. Waiting for everyone to come 'till they eat? "Dang it, maybe Tor earned it, but be honest here, it isn't only him who is hungry!" With this thought in his ind he decided what to do. "You wait here. I'm gonna get to Red and take them to the camp." He replied to Aurora and without either waiting for answer or caring about Ace's orders he left into direction they had went for a hunt. "Maybe this will somewhat calm leader's nerves a little if he sees his sister is alright. If she is, that is"

It didn't take him much time to be able to see Red and Torque... chit-chatting with some white wolf? They all had wounds from a battle... But wait... wasn't it the black wolf that killed Twig? After taking a look around the scene of a battle he noticed an unconscious body laying nearby them with a grievous wound in his underbelly. A smirk appeared on Blake's face "That's what you get for killing my bro"

Then, Blake put himself in a pose from which he would be able to strike if something happened and walked in direction of Red and Torque. "Who. Is. That." he asked, each word separating with a little break to underline the seriousness and anger in his voice.

Shade

Feeling a bit warmer, Shade slowly stood up and walked forward, only to run into a wolf. He backed up a step and looked up opening his golden eyes. He saw before him a mighty wolf, practically glowing from the reflected light from the snow to his fur. He was awestruck by the grace and majesty this silver and black wolf carried, and was instantly resolved to follow him to the sharp cliffs at the edge of the world.

"Are you an angel, or death itself? I cannot help but to be dumbstruck at your grace. If you are neither, and I am alive, may I please eat something?"

As if to accentuate this point, his stomach growled and he fell over in pain.

((Ace, right?))

Hia~

"No, no, stay here," Hiera said as she picked up the pup by the nape and took him back to the nursery. She let the pup down, and saw that he was in pain. He was starving. "Oh!" She raced off to the food pile and pulled something out quickly. Just a small fish, hopefully no one would see her. Hiding it as she ran back, she gave the fish to the pup, nudging him. "Eat, and be quiet before I get beaten. We aren't supposed to eat before Ace, but you're starving to death. Hopefully he'll make an exception."

>>Yup. Guess he's got a side now.<<

Shade

The pup looks at the fish with longing, almost painfully woeful. He looks up at her and shakes his head.

"Thank you, but no. I won't eat it if you might get in trouble. I can-" His stomach growls, and he trips to hide a grimace "-I can wait."

Edited by Dorchadas

dionne; loner

Her golden eyes flickered over to Menemith momentarily at the she-wolf's hushed words. That was a fair question, one that Dionne wasn't entirely certain on how to answer. Was it instinct? Was it pity? No, perhaps not so much pity as it was sympathy. This was, after all, her chance-- maybe even her only chance-- at pack life again. She couldn't very well start off by being indifferent. An ear swiveled toward the pregnant wolf and she answered in a low, quiet voice, "Should that make much of a difference if I knew your name for three moons versus three minutes? Or that I should not know your name at all? I am not a wolf that stands by idle in circumstances of volatile nature, regardless of how long I know a name."

She glanced at Nashota, having picked up a bit of the words the wolf had muttered under her breath. While it was true that more savage wolves would have flashed their fangs within seconds of meeting, Dionne would not put her faith in the friendliness of the pack until she had a proper chance to meet their leader. Even if this pack wolf-- speaking of, the she-wolf approached them again just in this moment-- was more amicable and of higher status, Dionne would reserve her judgment for later. Amber eyes snapped over to Kestra as she spoke. A beta female....and a former loner? The fur along her spine flattened a bit, and Dionne allowed herself to relax slightly. "A loner?" The foreign wolf repeated, mildly surprised. "Would I be wrong to wager that your pack is not opposed to rogue members?"

As Nashota spoke, Dionne returned her attention to Menemith. She was sure she had heard the pregnant wolf mention that Nashota was her sister, and yet the other female introduced herself as if her own sister was not standing a mere four feet away. A memory of her own siblings came to mind; her brother Jackle would surely remember her, but Dionne was surprised to realize that she could barely even recall the names of her two sisters. She wondered if that was what happened to Nashota, or if something else had caused the complete loss of memory.

Once Nashota finished, Dionne inclined her head toward the beta wolf. "My apologies for trespassing, Miss Kestra," she said, making sure to keep her tail low as to not offend Kestra's authority. "I am Dionne, and I have traveled great lengths to find a pack that would take me in. Considering you have been in our position before, would you suggest to us an appropriate way to appeal to your Alpha? As to your question, I have not encountered these two before now." She hoped her accent was not too thick to be understood properly, given how it took her a moment to absorb everything Kestra had said.

The white wolf shifted slightly on her paws. The pain had become a burning sensation on her feet from where the flesh had been torn and rubbed raw from racing across the continent. They ached, but still she held herself with poise, her attention never wavering from the beta female in front of her.

Ace, Alpha

The alpha had been hovering around near the nursery when he heard Shade reject food. Had Hiera stolen something to give to the pup. With a heavy sigh, he peered inside, his amber gaze unblinking and revealing no emotion. You're starving, and may not make it when the whole pack returns, I don't even know how far away my sister is. I'll let you eat before the rest of us, we'll let just this one slide. With those words, Ace pulled his head out of the nursery and made his way towards the camp exit. He called to Esko, informing his beta male that he was leaving and would hopefully be back soon before leaving. Ace kept his head high as well as his tail, ears pricked to show that he was alert as his amber gaze skimmed the land before him. The male wolf calmly made his way outside, his massive paws causing the snow to crunch as he walked. He calmly scented the air, his nose twitching as he did so. Eventually, Ace caught a faint scent of his sister and Tor, his ears flattening as he quickened his pace. The muscular alpha eventually came to a lope, the scent of Tor, Red, and the trespasser becoming stronger. Blake's scent was quite strong as well, and as the alpha came around the corner, he spotted Crimson, Blake, and Tor with some unknown female wolf, who looked quite...Odd. Her fur was as white as the snow, and her irises were the color of a pink sunrise.

What's going on here?! Ace demanded in a sharp tone, his black-and-silver fur rising slightly. Was his sister plotting an attack with this odd-looking lone wolf?! Then again, Crimson, Tor, and this lone wolf (Nyra) had some nicks on them from a recent fight. Ace kept his tail held higher to show his dominance, and ears flattened to show that if this wolf wanted a fight, he'd give it to her. He let his amber gaze fall onto the albino female wolf, his paws placed firmly in the snow. And what are you doing on my territory, and who are you? Ace had never seen a wolf like her before, but kept his tone assertive and stance tall.

A sly grin ever so faintly crossed Nyra's face, before disappearing as she straightened her expression out purposefully.

Perfect. -she thought. Not only had all the commotion they'd caused attracted the attention of other Night pack members, but the alpha himself, no less.

Oh.. no. -Torque thought as dread consumed him. If Ace went out of his way to get involved, this only meant trouble for him and Crimson. And knowing his sister, he already had an idea of what she might say to worm her way out of the situation.

Well well, someone with a glint of rationality. -she said calmly and locked eyes with Ace- Your territory, is it? Then maybe you can answer a few questions for me. Well, ofcourse after I'm finished explaining myself. I owe you that much. Standing up, she nonchalantly stepped back from Torque and Crimson, then sat back down, facing all four of them- My name is Nyra, I'm this one here's sister. -she indicated Torque- As for what I am doing here, I was peacefully tracking my brother in the hopes of finding sanctuary, and what's left of my family. My reasoning was that in this time of plenty, you would be open to accepting capable fighters. -she explained, then looked over towards where the trail of blood the black wolf she'd assisted trailed off into the woods from where Blake had arrived. She had no idea that the wolf had collapsed, so she presumed he'd run off.- That was left by a somewhat obnoxious hound after our little scruff here. He was the one who told me of this pack, and we were both looking to enlist, though I suspect all he really wanted was to unceremoniously feed on your hospitality without pulling his own weight.

Torque examined the blood trail with a glance. So much had happened, he'd even forgotten that the black wolf existed, but those wounds on his neck reminded him quite well... So far, surprisingly, his sister acted unlike herself and was completely honest, at least so far as Torque could tell.

As for what happened, this one here, and her little protege attacked us. -she looked back at Ace and gestured towards Crimson.

Not chase us out, oh no. They literally hunted us down like censorkip.gif ing prey for the slaughter, attacked without the smallest faint whisper of a bloody warning, gave us NO chance to leave your territory!

What?! No! That's not, I mean...

That's not what? Are you denying that you two ambushed us?! -snapped Nyra, giving her brother an accusing glare.

No! But...

Then are you denying that you gave us no chance to explain our being here?! -she cut him off again...

No! But... but!... -Torque felt like sinking into the ground at that point. Nyra was being completely truthful, and still she had the upper hand.

And am I supposed to assume you wouldn't have killed us? Or do you call that -she indicated the trail of blood left by the black wolf- a light nip on the ear to teach us not to breathe your air? We hurt no one, marked none of this land as ours, didn't use any of its resources, weren't even close to your dens to spy on you for whatever messed up reason, and you would have had us put to death for crimes we did not commit. -she growled, then shot Crimson with a quick glance, before looking back at Torque- Well, not you little brother. It doesn't take a mentally challenged coyote to figure out someone who hasn't been around for even as long as I've been away from you wouldn't be entrusted with making decisions like this. -she arced an eyebrow, then looked back at Ace.

I've answered your questions, now you answer me this, if you'd be so kind.

Does this seem like justice to you?

Edited by Brotato

Blake, subordinate

"Let me tell you one thing, missy." Blake looked with furious look at Nyra. "Do you even know with whom you've been traveling? This sonuvasomething murdered my brother many moons ago, while trespassing our territory. You here that? MURDERED! Do you still think they didn't have a reason to ambush ya? You were with him. I wouldn't trust anyone who would be looking for a place to get her arse on if she'd be goin' side by side with anyone like that." With his sight full of scorn, he glanced at completely white wolf. "I don't trust you any bit. But it ain't my choice, we have Ace for that here."

Blake calmed down a bit with the last sentence he said and turned his gaze to Ace. " Sorry for leaving the camp, but I needed to check what was goin' on here and what took 'em so long. You know, personal stuff." he explained himself. Well, maybe it wasn't the best excuse, but he said what he really thought.