20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

Crystal. -he nodded and rested his head on his paws.

Avion seemed like a solid approach through to Ace, but it wasn't Torque's decision to make.

For now, he put his faith in Red's strategic acumen, hoping that things won't get any more difficult in the coming days.

The odds were not on their side, though. Yawning widely, Torque blinked a few times, before letting his eyelids droop shut.

He was far too tired and sore to be bothered with anything else that day.

===============================

Lying down by the cave entrance, Nyra had sensed the newcomers, but at that point, couldn't be bothered chasing them away.

It'd been only one day, and she believed that the last thing their alpha wanted to see was more loners, so she definitely didn't want to be the one to have to bring them in.

It was getting pretty late already, and seeing as the dinner bell had already been rung, she was off-duty, as was her team.

The future seemed uncertain, but just as she'd done countless times before, she would rise to the challenge, and protect the pack from itself.

And maybe, just maybe, she could finally find peace among her new packmates. A peace she'd never known, but now desired.

Should probably speak with Dionne. -she figured, scanning the crowd for the new scouts, before spotting her, and Nashota nearby.

Prodding to see if they too were Crimson sympathizers crossed her mind, but she ultimately decided against being as direct as she was with Torbjorn.

She looked back outside, pondering her next moves in the days to come.

((Torque is now idle. I'll be waiting for the timeskip. laugh.gif ))

Edited by Brotato

Shade

Shade observed Red as she talked to Torque, taking note of everything. She's not bright at all, is she? She's taking it on faith that I actually am on her side. Now I know one person who she's siding with and some of her planned converts.

He flopped over on his back and pawed at the air lazily, then turned to look at Red. "So how exactly do you plan to take his spot over? You're gathering followers and all, I can see that, but you don't really have much of a plan, do you?"

Flare

Flare sat on a rocky outcrop, feeling the wind ruffle his fur. He twitched his ear, hearing a noise. He looked down below. Hmm... loners. He flicked his tail in annoyance. There's been too many of them today. But I think I can take advantage of this... I just have to get them on Red's side early. And after them, who's going to notice one last newcomer? He grinned. Time the night pack finally meets me.

He nimbly hopped down from rock to rock, landing silently behind Rin and Ren. "I see you're in night pack territory." He gestured towards the pack caves with his head. "They're more that way, if you're actively seeking them." He brought himself in close, speaking in hushed tones. "Between you and me, I think the Alpha is losing it. He's completely incapable of running a pack. It's just that he's so... self-centered." He glanced around furtively. "His sister, on the other hand, is well suited to lead. You'd best stick by her if you want to be protected when he eventually loses it."

She will never know that I've done this, but it doesn't matter. As long as I am helping her, I can be happy.

Edited by Dorchadas

((Shade observed Tiga xd.png ))

Rin, Loner and Ren, Loner

The two had padded on for a while, sniffing the pack territory. They owned a vast amount pf the land, possibly not as much as Day Pack once did, but pretty close. They were getting tired of walking on when a voice adressed them. They looked up to see a wolf on a rocky outcropping hop down behind them and tell them of a crazy alpha.

Well that isn't good. We just ran from a crazy Beta! A crazy Alpha is worse! She whispered to her brother, who nodded and faced the other wolf.

Well I can only truley believe you if I see it with my own eyes. Now please lead us to the Alpha, whether they are crazy or not. He politley asked this new wolf, prepared for a fight.

Flare

He cocked his head to the left slightly. Hmm... this could be beneficial... If I take them into camp I start earning their trust, and nearly garuntee allies. "I was planning to head there myself." He turned away, making sure to keep a close watch on the guarded male, then headed in the direction of camp. He paused and called back "Be careful. A friendly face is just a face, after all."

Ace, Alpha

His fur now flat, Ace calmly listened to the other wolves that approached him speak. The scout positions were currently closed, he'd open them later if it seemed they needed any more help, if any at all. Scout positions are currently closed. As for herbalists, they are open, and you may be one, Leia. I expect good things from you, and if you need help, ask the other Herbalists. Ace responded firmly, noticing that wolves were no longer approaching him. He dismissed Bright star and Leia with a firm flick of his tail, turning away and making his way towards his den. It was time for the wolves to get some shut-eye (and time skip), and he would signal this by going into his own den.

((Short, but I have a cake to eat. tongue.gif Besides, I'm holding everybody up, since people need their time skip))

=========================================================

user posted image

=========================================================

========================

Two Weeks Pass By...

========================

Many days had passed, and Nyra had spent each and every one of them devoted to her new place within the Night Pack. Each and every day she would rally her scouts and do perimeter checks, then report any new findings to her alpha. Not much transpired, aside from chasing away a few more loners with malicious intents. In their downtime, Nyra often took the opportunity to spar with her scouts. Their sparring sessions were light and primarily served the purpose to give her an idea of who excelled in combat among those she was responsible for. By the end of the second week, she had a clear image of her scouts' aptitudes, and a fairly good idea of where their loyalties lied. She definitely didn't trust Torbjorn, and more often then not, avoided sharing anything related to her duties with him, unless absolutely necessary. That information went directly to the alpha, and no one else so far as Nyra was concerned.

The situation with Crimson also seemed to be worsening, as careful observation indicated a movement taking place against Ace on behalf of that traitorous sibling of his. Why was he allowing this? Was he oblivious to what's going on behind his back? Or perhaps he was confident in his ability to fight whatever Crimson throes at him off. Nyra was definitely concerned, however. She needed to speak with Ace about this, and sooner rather then later. One could scarcely imagine the fuming anger she harbored about her own brother's involvement with that undeserving red-furred one. But if Torque wanted to be Nyra's enemy, she would show him the same amount of mercy she would anyone else if a fight ever does break out. None at all.

Nyra didn't sleep much, most of her nights were haunted by visions and nightmares, but she held up alright, nonetheless. It was something she'd gotten used to, and now that she had the pack, she felt more in control of her nighttime terrors then before. On day fifteen, in the early hours of the morning, she lied awake at the edge of the subordinate's den, staring at the dimply lit terrain visible through the cave's entrance.

TORBJORN

Tor grunted and sat up, his paws scuffing softly on the stone floor of the cave. It felt like home here, more than any other pack had. It was comfortable, but with background tension he loved. He sighed. The sun was beginning to rise, and he felt any more attempts at sleep would be fruitless. He stood up and and padded toward the entrance of the cave. Out of the corner of his eye he caught something glimmering. Nyra lay beside him, her eyes trained on the terrain ahead.

"Good morning."

Edited by oddinomaly

Maxine, Subordinate

Two weeks have passed and now Max woke up the next morning after a refreshing and rejuvenating rest the night before. She had brought back four more fish for everyone as well as a deer and had still been wanting to tell Ace her feelings about him since she still hadn't done that yet but couldn't find the renewed courage to do so. Perhaps I'll do that later. She now stretched a bit and ignored the hungry rumbling of her stomach. She just now remembered that she hadn't eaten dinner last night but that just meant that she had a big appetite for a big breakfast which she would have to do later once Ace had eaten. Speaking of which..., she thought to herself as she looked around the cave but didn't see him just yet which made her think that he might have still been sleeping or had gone out on an early morning patrol but she wasn't certain about either of those since she was just assuming that stuff and wouldn't know for sure until she saw him either come out of his den or come back through the cave's entrance.

Edited by redfox

Red

She ran across the snowy earth, clouds of her warm breath escaped her jaws as she leaped over a fallen log. Red paused, her head turning to her right as she scouted the land. The sun was rising, the light of dawn casting onto the icy land, the warm light turning the white snow into a golden, orange glowing land. She had been out around half an hour before the sun rose, jogging across the pack's territory. During the past two weeks, Red had been proving herself more and more. Nearly every hunting patrol she led out brought food back for the pack. Sure there were days they went hungry, but no one found that shocking in the middle of winger.

She had managed to find two hares near the border where the forest did lay beyond. They were lucky finds, a surprising amount of meat on their bones for so late in the winter. Red had hidden them in the snow, next to a stump. She had decided to go for a morning hunt, to bring back some food for the wolves that woke up early. She didn't care if Ace got mad, or if Nyra snapped at her. After all, food was food.

The wolf found the hares hidden under a layer of snow, and after deciding that there wasn't anything else to find where she scouted, she dug out the bodies and began her way back to camp. The tension between her and Nyra was more than obvious. Some days they were almost on the break of fighting, some they just exchanged death glares. Red rolled her eyes as she neared camp. Little Nyra can stop complaining and get into the pack life properly. No wolf is going to hold her paw for her all day, she thought, irritated. The wolf entered camp and into the cave, where she placed the hares down on the ground before proceeding to sit down with a sigh. She was sweaty and tired as she watched the wolves slowly awaken from their sleep as she rested her head on her paws.

Blake, hunting leader

Two weeks passed in a blink of eye. The old, black wolf was doing his duties with no greater difficulties - the subordinates he was leading seemed to trust him, though there were some skeptical looks from some of Ace's followers. Nevertheless, Blake gained once again an opinion of great hunter, just as from before the "incident" with his brother. With Red as second hunting leader, the hunts were almost always plentiful and no grumbling could be heard from the pack about amount of the food.

As Blake woke up, he noticed that many wolves were still sleeping - he noticed that only the scouting leaders, Maxine and Red were awake, the latter resting with few hares near her. "Morning bird gets the worm, eh?" He greeted the other hunting leader as he approached her. The male noticed that she was annoyed by something. Probably thinking about that Nyra wolf again... he thought. "Why the irritated look, Red?" He asked Alpha's sister as he laid down next to her.

Having just returned from her morning rounds, Nashota quietly walked back into the Subordinate's den and headed straight towards Nyra. Sitting down before her, she bowed her head lightly and proceeded to quietly speak so as not to awake the others.

The morning is indeed good. -she said, with a light grin- No traces of trouble on the south-eastern quarter, and I chased away one mongrel in the north-eastern. The weather looks promising, though there is a cloud formation moving towards us from the north. If the winds don't change, it may be upon us by noon.

I see. That's something the hunters might want to know. And good morning to both of you.

Where's Dionne, if I might ask? I haven't seen her all morning.

Either still asleep, or out on the rounds I assigned her the day before. She'll be with us shortly, I hope.

Right. You, you don't look quite yourself this morning Nyra, what's wrong?

Glancing between Torbjorn and Nashota, Nyra figured it was about time she invested a little more trust into her packmates.

I'm just tired right now. -she sighed, looking back out the cave entrance towards where Red was passing by.

I'm tired of this constant bickering. That one over there would make the pack turn on itself and start a war within our ranks just so she could sit her mangy hide on Ace's throne. These last two weeks, I've had to struggle with my own nature and stay civil, as civil as possible for the sake of maintaining the peace. But her... she infuriates me. There's only so much anger one can keep bottled up until it starts burning away at your soul.

I see. -Nashota paused to look out the cave entrance, towards Red, who'd now gone out of view.

Well, I had some problems adjusting too, but you know, change is a powerful thing.

I'm pretty sure you haven't forgotten how bullheaded I was when we had our first patrols together.

You almost started a fight with one of the other scouts after I assigned them a route you wanted. And not just, I don't need to go on though, do I? -Nyra arced an eyebrow and locked eyes with her scout- The rabbit incident perhaps? We had to dig you out of a rabbit's den after you shoved your...

N-no! No need for that. -her ears drooped at the mention of her other blunders- You've been quite patient with me. But I've learned better.

Yes, you have. -she looked back outside- I don't know. I just want to keep the peace. I already lost one family, I don't want to go through that again. And Crimson... -she shook her head as a look of disgust crossed her face for a moment- ...she's ready to tear the pack in two just to fulfill her selfish goals. Hell, she even seduced my own brother somehow.

Well, why don't we speak to Ace about it then?

I doubt that'd accomplish much. He's far too forgiving.

A solitary fact about Ace that Nyra was definitely not fond of.

You could at least try...

I plan to, but not so bluntly. He'll need convincing, and convincing takes time.

Edited by Brotato

dionne; scout

A soft cloud of fog poured from Dionne's white muzzle as she stood perched upon a large stone, gazing out over the expanse of territory before her. She was alone, like she had been accustomed to for so long, as she studied the vast land sprawled around her. Within the two weeks she had been apart of the pack, she had absorbed as much detail about her new territory as she could manage to remember. Now she had taken to patrolling on her own during the night, quizzing herself to remember exactly where she was and mapping the quickest routes back to camp. Of course, she wouldn't go off on her own without her scout leader's permission. But Dionne was adamant that she take the night shifts, as no one else seemed interested, and it gave her the perfect opportunity to make good on the promise she made to Ace.

The white wolf stood panting gently on the rock for a moment more. The sun was starting to peek through the mountains now, spilling a pale gold light against the Night Pack territory. It was a winter light, one that was dulled behind snow clouds and offered a hazy glow across the sky. As Dionne tilted her muzzle back, golden eyes scouring the heavens above, she was delighted to see a good chunk of the clouds had separated, allowing her to gaze at the blue sky that had been hidden for so long. Though she was not one to complain about the cold-- more so now that she had body heat to share with others-- the sight of the sky graced a smile at her muzzle.

Dionne continued on shortly after that. She settled into a rhythmic, leisure run as she wound through the trees, taking care to make note of any abnormalities that might have gone unnoticed from the previous day's patrol. So far, nothing drastic, though there was an odd mark on one of the trees that might have suggested either a stag had rubbed his antlers against the bark, or a bear. She paused to sniff at the surrounding area, but the snow prevented her from picking out anything definite. It had fallen fresh over the night and blanketed whatever track marks had left the scrape on the tree trunk.

It wasn't long for her to make it back to camp. She jogged into view of the cavern and noticed Red sitting beside the kill pile, which held two somewhat frozen-looking rabbits. Dionne glanced from the rabbits to Ace's sister for a moment. In the two weeks that the foreign wolf had been apart of the camp, she had kept a careful eye out for the behaviors she had witnessed on her first day. She still held the same opinion she had before, especially since no one bothered to answer her when she vocalized it two weeks ago. That didn't bother Dionne much; she was used to being silent. Without a word, the tall white female sauntered past Red, her paw steps quiet as she headed back for the den.

Nyra and Nashota were already awake, it seemed. Dionne settled herself beside the albino female as she spoke without interrupting, her ears pressed forward to listen attentively. "You are concerned about his sister as well?" Dionne didn't speak much about politics with anyone in the pack-- rather, she didn't speak much with anyone unless it happened to be in passing, or about general conversation. It wasn't that Dionne was an unfriendly wolf, or did not desire company. She just...didn't really know how to go about it. She still felt strange, a bit out of place, and found it difficult not to keep to herself at this point. Affection especially was harder than she imagined, even though she felt plenty affection toward a few of her packmates already. They just wouldn't know it from the quiet smiles she occasionally sent their way.

She sat up slightly and gave herself a small shake as the frost melted into her fur. "The contention here needs to be dealt with soon," she commented, her voice soft. Her gaze landed on Torbjorn for a moment. She knew at this point that he supported Ace's sister, something Dionne did not see the benefit of. "If this continues much longer, the pack will become divided to such a point where we might have a civil war on our paws, and not just a couple wolves causing trouble."

morte & craven; herbalist & pup

A brown snout nosed its way into the den of pups, sniffing quietly among the sleeping figures until it found a limp, but larger body than the majority of the pups. It gently prodded the blonde pup for a moment before a soft, kind voice whispered, "Craven. Wake up, Craven. Good morning!"

The pup groaned softly before lifting his head and blinking wearily up at the tall wolf standing over him. In the dimness of the den, Morte's features were difficult to make out, though the available light caught on the white undercoat of the brown wolf and on his pale green eyes. Craven huffed at his older brother before flopping back onto his side, a paw draped over his eyes. "Go away, Morte. Save your good morning until the sun's actually out," he grumbled, kicking feebly at his brother's nose.

Morte chuckled softly. "The sun's out somewhere. Let's go. I need you to hunt something for me."

A large gold ear perked up, and Craven peered out from under his paw. "Hunt?"

Morte grinned, and his younger brother sighed. "You mean forage, don't you."

"Oh, come on. I'm just a poor invalid. We're expecting newborns here soon, and these mothers need some special leaves to make the process easier. Who better to find them than a young sprig of a wolf like you? Plants are harder to hunt than rabbits, I assure you," Morte said, amusement ringing in his voice.

Craven scowled at his brother, but slowly dragged himself to his feet and followed Morte away from the other sleeping pups. Like usual, Morte more hobbled than walked, his severe limp giving him away to anyone who happened to glimpse the brothers heading toward the cave opening. Craven trotted easily in front of the brown and white wolf, his nose held high and his giant ears swiveling back and forth on his young head.

Morte watched him with a smile. "Now, what I need is called Sweet Violet. The blossom has five petals, a soft gray color, and big shiny leaves. It would be best to grab the whole plant, roots and all, for pain relief," Morte instructed as he reached his impatient pup brother, who stood at the edge at the cave.

Craven glanced between Morte and the open territory outside."You're not coming with me?" He inquired, golden eyes wide.

"No. I would only slow you down, like I usually do. Perhaps if you're having trouble you can ask another healer for assistance. Or maybe young Shade?"

Craven scrunched his nose at Morte. "No thanks. He's annoying. He'd slow me down. I'd rather have someone fast and smart, like Red..." His gaze traveled around, seeking out Crimson from the other wolves. To his delight, she appeared with two rabbits in tow, and his tail immediately began to wag. "Do you think Red would come with me?" He asked, his voice hushed in his excitement.

Morte's smile lessened somewhat as he followed Craven's gaze. "It appears she has just come back from a hunt," he said slowly, trying to find the right words without offending his young sibling, "so I doubt that she would want to turn around and go back right afterward. Maybe ask her later, once she'd had a chance to rest."

Craven's tail drooped slightly, but he appeared to understand. "Alright, I'll go by myself. Five petals, big leaves. Got it."

"Stay close to camp," Morte instructed. "I don't want to have to send another Subordinate after you like last time." Had there been more time for him to spend dragging his hind leg through the forest, he would have been beside his brother however long it took. But the pregnant wolves were getting close to their big event, and Morte did not want to sacrifice time at this point. With a sigh, he watched as the golden pup slid through the bushes, sniffing around with determination.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Ace, Alpha

The alpha lay in his den, sleeping silently, curled in a ball. His flank rose and fell rhythmically, at a slow pace that eventually quickened. Ace eventually raised his head, blinking his amber eyes as he adjusted to the lighting in his cool den. The alpha pulled a front paw closer to his body as he let out a yawn, flattening his ears in the process. Ace rose to his paws, bowing down into a stretch before straightening up and shaking out his thick pelt. The black-and-silver male wolf angled his ears out of his den, hearing a few wolves moving around outside. He was personally itching for a good hunt, whether it be fishing or hunting deer, it really didn't make a difference. The alpha sat down and craned his neck to let a foot scratch at an ear before rising to his paws once more and making his way out of his den. Ace stood tall as he walked out to show his dominance, glancing around to make sure everything was under control.

((Short, a lot of soccer things going on right now...))

Maxine, Subordinate

Max briefly looked over at Blake when he came over and started to talk to Red who was somewhere close to her before having her attention go over to Ace when she saw him come out of his den. She hung her head for a bit in order to show her authority and respect for him before going over and asking, "Would you like to go hunting with me? It's not very fun to go by myself and of course it's fun to catch a meal whether it be breakfast or dinner." She then sat down for a bit to wait for his response for what he would say to her offer and the statement that had followed.

Red

Her head snapped up to look at the wolf who was speaking to her. Seeing Blake, she settled her head back down on her paws and blinked slowly. "Early bird gets the worm? I would rather catch that fat bird if it has been feeding on worms at this time of the year," Red snorted, stifling a yawn that threatened to escape her lips. "I'm not irritated, Blake. Just tired. I didn't get much sleep and I went early morning hunting. A lot of things are on my mind," she explained, eyeing Dionne as she walked past her. She turned her head and concentrated on the conversation that was happening between her and Blake, not noticing the pup near the entrance that was looking at her.

More and more wolves were awakening now, and the camp was slowly becoming alive. Red hated it, she preferred when camp was quiet instead of filling with wolves all following after Ace. As if summoned, Ace appeared out of the den, head raised proudly as he strode out. She rolled her eyes in disgust and watched Max turn over and to talk to him. "When do you think Hiera's pups will be born?" She asked Blake as she dabbed at a small dot of melting snow.

We're all concerned. -Nyra spoke quietly- But then why isn't Ace? I learned about this conflict from him after all. And despite the warning signs being ever present and hard to miss, nothing came up on behalf of their alpha in terms of preventative measures.

I'd best go speak with him, then. The sooner I start getting my point across, the better I'll feel. You two are relieved of duty for now. I'll let you know if something comes up. Gesturing at them to come a bit closer, she whispered quietly to the two so Torbjorn wouldn't overhear. Keep an eye on Crimson and her followers. Mingle if you can, see what they might be plotting. She then backed away, gave them a nod and walked off towards Ace, eager to give her morning report once again, then get to the important issue about Crimson and her intentions.

Once within speaking distance, Nyra sat down before her alpha and nodded lightly.

Morning, sir. My scouts finished their rounds and all's quiet in the south-eastern quarter. Nashota had a minor aggressive encounter in the north-eastern, but handled it and secured the parameter. My afternoon and evening rounds of our territory yesterday were uneventful. As for our hunting grounds, they remain the same. The herds have not changed their regular paths, or at least their scents indicated as much. Nashota reported that there's a chance of some heavy rainfall today, if the clouds from up north keep heading our way.

Glancing briefly back towards where she'd seen Red earlier, she looked back at Ace and added quietly.

There's also something I simply must discuss with you in private, the sooner the better.

=========================

Alright.

Tracing her group leader with a glance, Nashota diverted her attention back towards Dionne.

So, how were your rounds?

She wasn't good at small talk, but Dionne was usually so quiet.

They weren't much of a team if they didn't speak often after all...

Edited by Brotato

TORBJORN

Unsurprised that Nyra had ignored him, Tor turned away and glanced back into the cave. Red had just returned from an early morning hunt. She and Blake were now discussing something... Torbjorn caught the words 'Hiera', 'pups', and 'born'. With little else to do, he padded over to the two. His claws scratched softly on the rough floor of the cave as he walked. As he neared them he bowed his head respectfully to each wolf in turn. He waited for Red to finish speaking before opening his jaws.

"Morning," he murmured, settling down to lay on his belly. His dark rust-colored ears twitched back and forth as he listened to the activity rising in the cave.

MENEMITH

You will never get away from me. You are mine, and you always will be. Your life is mine and I will decide what to do with it.

The deep, gravelly voice was almost drowned out by Menemith's fearful yelp. She turned to run, her paws kicking up clouds of snow. The ground beneath her was cold... and somehow not wet. Menemith blinked in confusion, but when her eyes opened again, she was in a cave. The now familiar scents of her pack mates wreathed around her, but it wasn't enough to drown out Muqua's stench still fresh in her mind. Her heart still racing, the brown mother got to her feet and shook herself. Her muscles ached as though she really had been running through the mountains. She stretched to rid herself of the stiffness that had settled in her joins. Around her the pack was beginning to rouse themselves from slumber. Every click of claws on stone, every echoing breath, every movement around her made her flinch. Part of Menemith screamed to run away and live alone again; being surrounded by wolves made her anxious, and she loathed it.

Blake, hunting leader

Just after Red asked Blake about Hiera's pregnancy, he noticed Tor walking towards them. "Morning Tor. How's scouting?" The black wolf asked the scouting leader. Then he turned back to Red to finish their conversation. "Anyway... Probably some time soon. She's pregnant for some time already. Hell, I would even risk to say that it might be today." The male told Crimson with a little smirk on his face. "Poor Hia. Having to give birth to pups in winter... Let's just hope the newborns will live through it." The black wolf sighed and continued. "I think I'm getting too sensitive with age. Some moons ago I couldn't care less about what would happen with any of pups here and now I even care about those of Ace's followers..." He shook his head in disbelief to his behavior and rested his head on his paws. I'm getting weak. Too weak. It'll be time for me to retire soon... But I won't rest until Crimson takes down her brother. Yeah. This will keep me on duty. Blake thought. He hoped that she would take Ace's place in the pack - in his opinion she would be a better leader. One with strong hand and no mercy for ones that have weak soul.

Just after he finished thinking about his weaknesses, he noticed the cave was beginning to wake up - more and more voices and noises could be heard, pups playing with each other and wolves discussing about different matters.

TORBJORN

"I've yet to go out. I'm waiting for some of the scouts to wake up. We should be out within the hour. You're welcome to come, if you like," Tor replied, glancing back inside the cave.

None of his scouts had awoken yet... or at least, none he was prepared to take with him. Nashota seemed competent, but he was wary of her loyalty to Nyra. Having Blake along for a scouting trip would be a good opportunity to discuss Red's coup. The old wolf had experience that was sorely needed among Red's followers. He knew this pack, after all. A wolf with a lifetime's knowledge of this pack and its rules would be simply too good to pass up. Tor could learn a lot from him.

"It makes sense. Pups are the lifeblood of this pack. They are also... naive. We could make followers of them."

Blake, hunting leader

"Hm... not that much hunting to do for now anyway I think. I could go, I guess." Blake replied to Tor. He clearly wanted to talk with them about something - which wasn't anything surprising, to be honest. He was clearly known, just as Blake, for siding with Red. "Most of pups are naive, yes... But this little Shade that we found two weeks ago, he seems smart. Too smart. Smart in a bad way, if you get what I mean." The black wolf warned Red and Tor.

((Finally yay))

The Beta male groggily woke up, feeling the chilly morning air wafting through his fur. He stood up and stretched, yawning. It fealt like he woke up early, and he debated going back to sleep. No, that would be hard to do. Besides, I need to make sure Crimson isn't plotting to murder Ace. He got up and walked around, checking on things like a good Beta should.

Rin yawned, happily getting up. A week ago, Ace promoted her to a Scout! She was loving being in the pack already, especially when she got to pester Crimson. Or should she call the scarred wolf Red? Probably WAS red when she got her ass whupped by the Alpha. It would suit her, with her evil personality. The scout stretched and looked for the other scouts. Hey, fellow Scouts! Are we going scouting today?

Ren still slept, not waking up early.

((Wow, Ren's part tho))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

TORBJORN

"He is rather calculating," Tor agreed. His gaze fell upon the little pup curled up at Hiera's side. He looked so harmless next to the pregnant she-wolf. Looks can be decieving.

Torbjorn nodded gratefully at Blake; the scouting mission would present a good opportunity to bond. He glanced around the cave for others who would like to tag along. Almost as soon as he thought it, Rin, one of the newest loners, stood up and practically volunteered. Tor gestured with his muzzle for her to come join their discussion for a brief moment to plan their trek.

Edited by oddinomaly

Hiera~

The sound of claws on the stone floor aroused Hiera out of her sleep. She looked up to see Menemith, a conflicted expression on the brown she-wolf's face. "G'mornin, Menemith," Hiera said as she sauntered up to Menemith, a small grin on her face. "How are you?" The two had gotten close over the few weeks that Menemith and the other five had been in the pack. Hiera thought them friends, but she didn't really understand Menemith. Sure, they both had been loners, but Hiera had a relatively good life, and Menemith didn't seem like she'd had -what Hiera considered, at least- luxury Hiera's life had.

((*flails in frustration*))

MENEMITH

Menemith practically jumped out of her skin at Hiera's words, only to quickly relax when she saw her friend's face. She let out a soft whine of apology for waking the other pregnant wolf. Both of them were now quite rotund; Hiera would likely pop any day now. Menemith herself wasn't far behind. She leaned forward and licked her friend's ear.

"Bad dreams," she replied softly. "Did you sleep well, at least?"

"Mostly. Asimi was kicking a bit, and I had a dream about a disaster approaching, but other than that I'm fine," Hiera responded, licking Menemith back. Hiera looked back at Shade; the pup was sleeping soundly where Hiera had left him. He was smart and energetic, and she hoped that he and her pups would get along when she had them. He seemed like a good influence- a lot of the wolves in the pack were. Kestra, Menemith, Ace, Dionne, Hachi, Esko, even Blake and Torque when they wasn't being Red's loyal slaves... The pack was full of good wolves, even the stupid ones who believed Red would win her war. There was no point anyway, Ace's followers would beat her miniscule numbers down to the cave floor. "I can't wait until they're born, yet I don't since I'm not sure we're ready... And that dream was kinda freaky, like a vision..." The silver she-wolf sneezed. "Oh, sorry.."

((This feels so weird, playing a pregnant character

I don't understand it

But it's fun and different

*flails*

And yes, since I already decided on their names and they're not very gender-specific I decided that Hiera's pups have been named by her already

And Chioni was originally a girl anyway))