20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

Maxine, Subordinate

Max nodded and then backed up to be with the other wolves there in the cave when he gave his announcement about the new wolves as well as new positions that were going to be made. She sighed mentally in relief when she heard that was all it was. For some odd reason she thought that it might be somethiing about him announcing his alpha female. That's a relief, she thought to herself and was about to walk up to him again to tell him what she was going to tell him earlier when she saw a few wolves walk up to him to volunteer for some of the new positions that he had announced about earlier. She also noticed that Ace looked at Nyra with interest and became immediately jealous of the other wolf. She wished that she had shared with him about how she felt about him awhile ago before this other wolf came. She composed herself before walking over to Ace and saying, "I'll just tell you later since what I'd like to say isn't really that important and you're busy so I'm just going to go patrol for a bit and bring back some more food since the pile's low. I'll be back soon." She then chanced a glance over at Harmony before walking out of the cave and towards where they had been earlier at the river to catch a few more fish. She had only glanced at Harmony to silently ask her to go with her but she wasnlt sure if she got the silent message or not. Guess I'll find out soon, she thought as she continued to walk.

Harmony, Subordinate

Harmony let out a soft, silent sigh as Maxine gave her a little glance, obviously hoping for her to follow her out of camp. Truthfully, she wanted to stay back at camp and get some rest from the race and work earlier, but apparently she was needed for something else now. With a quiet grunt, Harmony rose to her paws and stretched her hind legs before making her way out of camp at a slow and composed trot. The red wolf only paused to glance around and search for Maxine. Once she spotted the black wolf, the subordinate made her way to her, cocking her head in slight confusion as she waited for Maxine to speak.

Blake, subordinate

"As a hunter, I can assure you I won't." Blake replied and headed to the elk that he, Tor and Aurora had brought before. He bit off a bigger chunk of meat and started chewing it. His mind started to think about the future - what would happen in a years time? Be what had to be, but the black wolf wasn't young - in fact he was the oldest of the pack. Would he retire? No, he thought that he'd probably prefer to die while doing his duties than somewhere in the back of the cave because of his old age. But then, thoughts begin to differ as one is getting older... Eh, I guess time will tell.

Blake looked around and noticed that small group gathered around Tor and Nyra, probably the new scouting pack, Hia was talking with one of the new pack members, the pregnant one and Red was talking with the pup that they found at the hunt. "Hey, Red, won't you apply for anything?" Blake asked after finishing his meal. He was surprised that she still hadn't at least tried to convince Ace to give her any of the new positions.

Red

This pup was a smart one, that Red could tell. He seemed intelligent, far too much for a pup. He seemed off, too quick to agree and something was not right about the pup. Red dismissed kt though, after all, he was a naïve little wolf, at least, thats what she thought. Red snapped her head up to Blake and stood up so she could speak to him. Shaking out her fur, she had finished her small meal, but it was enough to fill her belly.

"I don't know what to apply for, but the main problem is, will Ace allow me? That dimwitted wolf won't see a great asset for a position even if it is right under his nose, only because they side with me. He'll probably kick me out for trying to get a spot," Red spoke to Blake, her muscles tensing. She did want a spot, preferably a leader or something. A position where she could prove herself as a leader, showing to the wolves who had no sides and possible ones with Ace how good a leader she is.

Blake, subordinate

"Listen, it's not about trust, it's skills that count... At least mainly. And in my opinion you have skills that far surpass others." Blake ensured Red. "Look, even Nuntis got some position and me and Tor are leaders, and you know that he doesn't trust us that much." He added and looked at the others to assess the situation. "Hmm... Tor and that wolf you fought with are scouting leaders... You could try to get on hunting leader position as me." Blake suggested, his tail held high, as he was confident that no matter how much Ace despised his sister it wouldn't hurt to try for Red to ask for a hunting leader - the black wolf would be there in case something bad would happen.

Maxine, Subordinate

Max had caught a fish and had also killed it and had placed it down next to her just as Harmony joined her. "Sorry if you wanted to rest and that I had you come out here but I just feel stupid for not having told Ace how I feel about him sooner now that he's taking a possible interest in one of the new wolves and wanted to talk to someone about it to possibly feel better," she said to the former as she turned her attention to be on her rather than on the creek. "I still hadn't told him before I left to come out here since he appeared to be busy with talking to the loves that had taken an interest in some of the new positions that he announced about earlier." She then sighed and went back to catching more fish as she waited for the other wolf's reply.

Red

"That runt Nyra got a position? I'm surprised, not even a full twenty-four hours in the pack and she's already acting like the alpha, Red snorted in laughter before turning and looking at Blake in the eye. "Yeah, I'll try for a hunting leader. If Ace doesn't allow me, it shows how biased he is, allowing that former loner to get a position but not a pure, pack born wolf," she trailed off with a quick glare at Nyra. She had forgotten about Shade and she didn't care if he had overheard what she was saying to Blake. Turning her head back, she flicked her tail and lifted her head high.

Red made her way to Ace and stood before him and dipped her head out of respect and some hatred. "Ace, would a position of hunting leader for me sound... appropriate?" She asked, blinking her gray eyes. More like your position of alpha, brother, she spat in her mind, emphasising the word 'brother'. It was almost a shame to her to be related to Ace, poor, feeble Ace who couldn't lead a pack or see talent in a wolf from a click away. Seeing how the previous few wolves explained their capabilities, she decided to voice her own. Even if it was obvious she was a born leader. "I have the stealth to stalk prey and I also have the capabilities to detect and to bring any kind of animal down. I also think I have the abilities of a leader and that I am able to take charge of a group," she added. Red did have a bit more meaning in the sentences she spoke but it would be only for a few wolves to understand why she said that.

((Red loves double meanings.))

Edited by Tiga

Catching that glare and shooting Red right back with one of her own, Nyra watched silently from the sidelines as the traitorous and unstable little barrel of problems proposed to get a position as a hunting leader. Were Nyra the alpha, this would never pass on account of her personal distaste for that wolf in particular, but it was not her call to make, and she had very little to go on in regards to this feud between Ace and his sister she'd learned about.

Torbjorn, tell me something, and be honest. What do you think about that one over there? Crimson, I believe was her name. -she asked calmly, keeping a straight face and hoping to hear something interesting from her fellow scout leader.

===========================

Watching silently from some distance, Torque didn't very much care for the new positions. He was content keeping a low profile. Perhaps it was for the best. But when Crimson walked up, he could hardly believe his ears. IS SHE SERIOUS?! SO MUCH BAD BLOOD BETWEEN THOSE TWO AND SHE'S ASKING HIM FOR MORE POWER?! -he felt like screaming, but nothing came out, not even a flinch. Then again, Torque still trusted her judgement. Perhaps a plan was afoot.

He got up and immediately made his way to Ace and his sister.

Sir. -he addressed Ace- Despite our little hiccup there, with the newcomers, Crimson did in fact assert herself properly and manage to accomplish with one hunting party what would have taken two. I know my word means very little, but I still say granting her this status would be a profitable decision. -he elaborated, sounding as convincing as ever.

Edited by Brotato

Ace, Alpha, & Avion, Subordinate

Ace flashed Torque a glare, telling him to stand down with his fangs baring. You have no part in this, walk away. His voice was firm, slightly threatening at the same time. Without waiting for a response, Ace return his sharp gaze to his sister, his ears flattened slightly as she towered over his sister. Trust her to have a position with even a little more power?! Hah, no way, no how! I true leader would put her subjects first rather than attempt to challenge somebody who is actually saving her pack. How selfish!

You have no leadership skills, all you care about is power. A true leader puts his or her packmates first, and clearly that who you put last. You'll never get that position, your untrustworthy, self-centered, arrogant, ruthless, blind as a bat when it comes to your packmates and their needs, power-hungry, and as weak as the most crippled omega to walk this land. The only animal you could take down is the sickest mouse, if that. You can't even destroy that sick, greedy animal inside of you. Ace spat the words out like venom, his hackles rising slightly as he spoke in a harsh tone. What he said was true: his sister had zero compassion and was simply thinking of herself. If she was alpha, she'd be alpha of only herself, her whole pack would die off. To Ace's surprise, Avion, looking rather nervous, approached Ace before gazing up at him hesitantly.

A-Ace, your my friend and all, but- she may not have leadership, but she does have stealth. I know you're thinking about the safety of others with having Crim- er, Red as a hunting leader, but she knows these lands, and is an ok hunter. She may not be trustworthy, but it's just leading hunting patrols...It's not like she could kill off our entire pack that way, though she could do somethings like -ugh, never mind, you get the point, um, right? Avion gave his friend a nervous look, Ace's gaze hardening for his old friend. Was Avion siding with Crimson?! No, Ace knew that Avion despised Crimson, there was no way he'd ever change sides, right? They were friends... His voice in a growl, Ace finally responded,

Fine. You can be a hunting leader, but one slip up, and count yourself as an omega. Get out of my sights, not another word, Crimson.

TORBJORN

Tor watched as Red gained her position, his expression thoughtful. Given the looks Nyra had exchanged with the alpha's sister, he suspected that the two would never get along. No, she was more likely to side with Ace. The alpha's tenuous grasp on power was apparent, he thought. If Ace was so afraid of Red, why hadn't he killed her when he had the chance? He was soft. No pack could survive long with a leader like that. It was simply distasteful. Alphas had to fight for their power. That was how Tor believed they proved their worth.

He sighed. "I think she would make an interesting leader. Ace, for all his good looks, has a feeble understanding of leadership. It was practically handed to him, after all. Red has fought for it time and time again, and I believe she knows the value of the power she would be holding. The pack's survival is guaranteed under her. Not so with Ace."

Torque let off a silent sigh and backed away carefully, before returning to his little corner and lying back down, his injuries still reminding him of just how badly this day had went. And to think it started out so well too...

Friggen puffed up shyte. -he thought angrily after Ace finished his little schpeel.

Red was right, he cared more for preserving his own position as alpha then about the good of his pack.

====================================

...is that so? -she replied coldly, scowling a little bit, eyes still locked on Red. Torbjorn had fallen right into her obvious snare and revealed where his loyalties lied without a second thought. As experienced as he claimed to be, he still hadn't learned that trust must never come easy. And now Nyra had one more name on her list of suspects, among them Blake, who'd stood up for Red on their first encounter, and her own brother Torque, who'd just jumped the gun and risked Ace's wrath to try and secure a higher place of power for Red.

I'd rethink my loyalties, if I were you. -she added, just as coldly, before moving away nonchalantly.

Edited by Brotato

TORBJORN

Tor watched Nyra leave, his head slightly tilted to the side. The she-wolf was apparently quick to choose sides. He narrowed his eyes. That would prove to be a mistake. Truthfully, had their meeting been different, he believed Nyra would have seen Red's potential...or at the very least, Ace's ineptitude. With a sigh, he burhsed off the she-wolf's cold dismissal. As long as they could work together effectively, he didn't care what she thought of him.

Well...he did. A little.

dionne; scout

She regarded Torbjorn from the corner of her eye thoughtfully. He was a bizarre wolf, she decided after a moment, and she was mildly curious as to what the gears were turning around inside that head of his. She kept her gaze steady for a moment longer before glancing over at Nyra. The albino female exuded confidence, something that Dionne found she appreciated quite a bit. The Nashota wolf she had met earlier was still around, and almost immediately seemed subservient to Nyra. An interesting development-- Dionne kept one ear forward, listening to their soft conversation.

"If you are searching for numbers, I will gladly volunteer myself," Dionne spoke, "though a....tour of the territory by someone already familiar would be quite beneficial." Her eyes flickered slightly toward Torbjorn. Kestra's warning still rang in her head from earlier, and Dionne's gaze faintly narrowed. To answer his greeting, she added to him, "Thank you, Torbjorn. I look forward to making my mark here."

A commotion drew Dionne's attention away from the scout leader and she looked over to see Ace snarling at the female that Dionne had witnessed rough housing with a pup. The sudden ferocity of the Alpha made Dionne's ears press back with displeasure, and she frowned at the scene that unfolded. The white and gray female was never a fan of violence when it came to civil matters, and she found herself gazing at Ace, trying to figure out what his motive was. What made him so suddenly angry. This Crimson wolf, however, did not appear to have much of an aptitude for leadership, from what Dionne had gathered. Too rash and easily provoked. Ace had proven himself capable of more level-headedness, though this outburst of his brought questions to Dionne again.

Torbjorn spoke up, and Dionne yawned. "Both of them need to learn to calm themselves first before this pack can get anywhere," she said, her voice nonchalant. "Emotional outbursts serve no purpose but to disrupt what keeps a pack together." She watched Ace and Crimson with guarded interest. She was not yet entirely certain whom she would advocate for leadership at this point, considering how little she had been part of their pack. Still, from her observations, she wondered if either of them were suited for the position. Dionne did not favor wolves who could not control themselves; she had lived through enough of that as a young wolf.

She sighed softly, her breath misting about her muzzle. Dionne prayed this pack would not turn out like her last one. If it did, she would leave for good. Perhaps living alone truly was better than with others, if this was how packs behaved.

The wind buffeted her chest and dug through her wiry fur, and she squinted against the frost that crusted at the tips of her whiskers. Winter itself was not the worst thing she had experienced, but spending it alone... Dionne turned away from the mouth of the cave where the wind had suddenly gusted through, tormented by her future of unknowns.

"Sure, Menemith. What do you want to see?" Hiera asked. She led Menemith away from the busy main room. "I assume you've met my sister? She was the one who brought you in, Kestra? I saw you and the others with her."

((Blargh

I don't know what else to put without godmodding.))

Bright star

Bright star observed as Red turned in shock and then started playing with the pup. He then trotted on to the center of camp. "Hmmmm, a scout would suit me well...". He ate a bit when it was time for subordinates to eat. He was going to go up to Ace when he saw Ace's outburst at crimson and avion's "cooling down" of ace. He approached Ace with a cautious smile. "Are there any more scout positions open? I wanted to apply for one. I'm faster than most other wolves and my fur is similar to the snow. But can scouts also help hung? I really like hunting..." He looked up with an embarrassed smile. He liked Ace but got nervous when talking to him.

Ceres omega

As Ceres woke up from his nap he heard Nuntis being disrespectful to Ace. He loved that kid's style. He also heard about the hunters and lead hunter. He almost got up along with his pride to claim place As head hunter. But then he realized that no one, no one would ever accept him as hunter, not as a omega and especially not with his history. Ace's parents had condemned him to omega and he guessed that ace would do the same. Oh well, just one more thing to bring up to Red. He then heard that rat Leia gushing up to Ace asking for a place as herbalists. What a weakling! Only the strong should survive and once he got more food he would definitely be just that.

((I don't have Leia's color but she asking to be a herbalist))

((Yay))

Rin, Loner and Ren, Loner

Ren was curled up near a water source, resting his paws. A few days ago, they had crossed into northern territory, the area of Night Pack, who apparently liked the cold, unlike Day Pack, the pack they came from. They had spent the year getting here, to safety. Hopefully Balvazzar didn't follow them up here, since they were all used to the warmth. He could barely get used to the weather here. He hoped him and Rin wouldn't freeze to death. They HAD to get used to the cold. Their survival depended on it. They could not risk going south and running into the crazy Beta just for comfortability. It was either get used to the chill or die. Or be forced to reproduce to grow the old pack again, which would be absolutley terrifying of an expirience. Speaking of which, where was his sister?

BOO! Rin barked as she pounced on her brother, taking him by surprise.

AH! There you are, sister! Where were you? He growled.

Just looking for prey. Hey, since we are in the area of Night Pack, why not join them? It would garuntee safety! And there would probably be no power hungry Betas! She cheerfully stated, which earned her a suprised look.

Sister, I be damned. That is the riskiest idea ever to come out of your muzzle! He barked, glaring at his sister.

Yes, buuuuuuuuuuuuut sometimes survival means taking risks, riiiiiiight? She asked, leaning closer to Ren.

He sighed. I hate to admit it, but sometimes you are right. This is the riskiest thing I have ever done, but here goes. If you are wrong, I swear, I will strangle you in the afterlife. He snapped, then padded over to where he thought was Night Pack territory. Rin followed, triumphant. The two walked on for who knows how long, reaching what smelled like pack territory. Ren looked around for other wolves, every step though out fully before it was taken. Who knew what awaited them.

((Smell some loners.

Also, the crazy Beta could make for a good side plot, I think. Who agrees?))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((*shraug*

Well, there may be no power-hungry Betas, but there's at least one power-hungry former subordinate))

Blake, subordinate

A smile appeared on Blake's face as he had seen Ace's agreement for Red's proposition. It was kind of good news for him, seeing as hunting leaders were meant to cooperate somehow when deciding about needs connected with their current position. Despite knowing that Ace's sister had a harsh personality, he knew they'd find a common language.

Something interrupted his thoughts - the black wolf sensed new scents, different fro the wolves that had just joined their pack. He frowned and walked in direction of from where the scents were coming, giving a knowing look to Red in the meantime, hoping she'll get what he means.

Terriski, pup.

Terriski just got out of her snow hole. She thought life was boring. She hadn't got in any fights, she hasn't won anything, and she was only just a PUP. She couldn't wait to ambush her prey or get some friends to fight with. When she passed by a wolf she didn't know, she would just give them a growl, thinking they were just strangers. She wasn't controllable if her parents weren't here. She tried to find some aggressive group of wolves to be friends. She had no idea what was going on. So she decided to tackle on a wolf. She looked around, not knowing why some wolves were going some where else. Terriski assured herself that they were going to hunt, so she followed them. They walked to a forest, and Terriski found a Elk. She charged to the Elk and bit it on the leg. After a few attempts of biting it's left hind leg, the elk finally collapsed. After a few seconds when Terriski calling some other wolves to help her kill the elk, the elk stood up wobbling, then limped off. She gave up and went back to the pack.

Edited by kurapika123456

"Fine. You can be a hunting leader, but one slip up, and count yourself as an omega... one slip up, and count yourself an omega."

Some day, some day soon, you'll mess up. And when that happens, I'll be all over you like a swam of fleas. There was no denying it, Nyra knew this red-furred one would be trouble for her, and for Ace. She'd already amassed three followers, if not even more. She had to be plotting something.

""I think she would make an interesting leader. Ace, for all his good looks, has a feeble understanding of leadership. It was practically handed to him, after all. Red has fought for it time and time again, and I believe she knows the value of the power she would be holding. The pack's survival is guaranteed under her. Not so with Ace.""

She pondered Torbjorn's words carefully. There were many implications in that short elaboration.

"Red has fought for it time and time again..."

Nyra now knew that Red was anything but willing to relent her attempts at overthrowing Ace.

If she'd made numerous attempts in the past, then there was nothing stopping her from trying it again.

But then, why was she not killed, or at least exiled? Was Ace really that forgiving? Why did he keep her around?!

It didn't matter now, perhaps in the following days, Ace could be persuaded to deal with her permanently.

But now was not the time.

"Ace, for all his good looks, has a feeble understanding of leadership. It was practically handed to him, after all."

And yet, despite the pack being in order, and everyone being happy and content, these traitors could possibly have us at each other's necks, just because their celebrity psuedo-alpha isn't sitting on the throne. What kind of brainwashing has Crimson been doing? It was no mystery that Nyra was prone to violence herself, but she drew the line at massacring your new family without probable cause.

Hey.You alright? -Nashota asked, nudging her new scout leader lightly.

You're not going outside are you? -she arced an eyebrow.

Nyra had been so absorbed in her own thoughts that she'd absentmindedly wandered all the way to the cave entrance, away from the other subordinates.

Yeah. No, I mean, I'm fine. I'm not going outside, I was just thinking about something.

More like worrying about something. What has you so riled up? You can tell me.

I'm fine! Go back with the rest! That's an order!

Nashota let off a small sigh. We're a team now. You should learn to trust us. -she stated, before turning away and moving back towards the other subordinates.

Not yet...

Edited by Brotato

Red

"You have no leadership skills, all you care about is power. A true leader puts his or her packmates first, and clearly that who you put last. You'll never get that position, your untrustworthy, self-centered, arrogant, ruthless, blind as a bat when it comes to your packmates and their needs, power-hungry, and as weak as the most crippled omega to walk this land. The only animal you could take down is the sickest mouse, if that. You can't even destroy that sick, greedy animal inside of you."

Red, for once, bit her tongue and allowed herself to receive the scolding from no one other than her brother. Her hatred for him ran fast in her veins, a heavy poison that made her wish she could just attack Ace right there and then. She kept her eyes on the ground where Ace's paws were, until Avion's voice made her snap her head up to attention.

"A-Ace, your my friend and all, but- she may not have leadership, but she does have stealth. I know you're thinking about the safety of others with having Crim- er, Red as a hunting leader, but she knows these lands, and is an ok hunter. She may not be trustworthy, but it's just leading hunting patrols...It's not like she could kill off our entire pack that way, though she could do somethings like -ugh, never mind, you get the point, um, right?"

Once the words had left Avion's mouth, she could sense the shock and horror in Ace's eyes and body language. She could feel him worry that his best friend of so long was turning on her side. Even if I had a choice, I wouldn't have his pathetic hide on my side. Ace has made him into a weak wolf with no real sense of which side is better, he's practically brainwashed by Ace, Red thought as she saw Ace ponder his choices.

"Fine. You can be a hunting leader, but one slip up, and count yourself as an omega. Get out of my sights, not another word, Crimson."

Almost snorting, Red looked at Avion, thinking through what had just happened.. Of course Ace would let his friend make his choices. A leader would stick by his word no matter what, and his pack would respect his choices and not speak up, but nothing really surprises me now, she thought. Almost grinning, Red stood in front of Ace and Avion for a few seconds too long, testing them before dipping her head and turning away and walking towards Torque. Her limp wasn't so obvious now, but as she lay next to Tor, she let out a sigh as she laid her injured leg on the ground. Only then did she see the look that Blake gave her, and she noticed it too. But she wasn't in the mood for it, she was injured and tired and frankly, annoyed with Ace. She gave him a small nod before resting her head on her paws. She needed wolves to become herbalists now, so they could look at the injuries on her and Tor.

"I think we all need a little chat after today's events, don't you agree, Tor?" Red said, a smirk obvious in her words. She turned her gaze to Nyra, who was talking with a scout. She shook her head, that loner already got a position? It wasn't much of a shock. Today had seen so many new wolves join, most of them even got positions. How Ace allowed that puzzled her, but she had no time to think about what was going inside of Ace's brain. After all, it was almost nonexistent.

((Red is a bit bitter now. :P))

Edited by Tiga

Unsure what was what any more, Torque simply remained still, trying not to think too hard about his neck.

Curiously enough, Crimson had decided to grace him with her presence.

Aye, a long chat in fact. Congratulations are in order. Hunter leader, sounds like an appropriate stepping stone.

Glancing over to where Nyra was sitting, some ways away near the cave entrance, he huffed with discontent and closed his eyes for a moment.

What a mess... The only shred of family he has left and she's likely plotting how to get away with ripping their throats out right then and there.

What a day, huh? It feels like it's been dragging on for several moons, but it's just been a few bloody hours.

Bloody indeed, his thoughts raced back to that fight they'd gotten into, and the injuries Red has sustained. She didn't seem to be limping any more.

I'm glad to see you walked it off. I doubt we can afford to show weakness in the coming days. -he smiled lightly. That smile didn't last very long, however.

Especially with my sister around. She's far worse then what I remember of her all those moons ago.

I could tell you all about that, but you probably don't need to hear it.

Edited by Brotato

Red

Red turned to Torque and gave him a wolfish grin. "I think one more word from me and Ace will break into tiny shards. He's been slowly losing it with me for the whole day. I'm just waiting for him to crack it. Then the pack can finally see who he is," she spoke to Tor, lowering her voice so only him can hear the words. "We just need those herbalists or whatever to start doing their job. My leg hurts and your neck wound is bad. Let's just hope they do a good job at it. Also... Your sister, Nyra, is her name, isn't it? She's a crafty one, even a blind pup can see it, Tor. You don't need to explain it to me. She seems ready to tear the pack at its seams unless we can stop her," Red added, anger and hatred flashing in her eyes.

The female-wolf shifted in her position. "I'm glad I got the position though, with help from you, Torque. A lead hunter isn't much, but it is a position of authority and it will do me some good to my image, especially if things go right. If we can't gather everyone to talk some things through, a hunting patrol would also work," Red explained. Looking around, she noticed a few wolves going on alert as one or two left the cave itself. She paused, scenting the air. The faint wafts of a new wolf entered her senses as she stiffened. More loners? Did someone leave a sign made of pine needles and left a trial of meat into our territory? Where are all these stray wolves coming from? She thought irritated. More wolves did mean more mouths, and more pack strength. But with every loner came their own ways, which in the near future, may disrupt Red's plan to take over the pack.

Seems like it's open season to intrude on pack grounds today. -jested Torque when he too picked up those scents. In all honesty, it was the last thing he wanted to bother himself with.

Yes, we should organise, but in private. I don't want anyone snooping around or eavesdropping on what we discuss.

With Ace on the edge, and his sister likely sniffing for a reason to start something, that would probably be best. Though, something didn't seem quite right.

Avion seemed eager to get you that position as hunter leader. Why is that? Isn't he one of Ace's? If his loyalties are wavering, maybe some gentle persuasion to win him over is in order. -he grinned at the prospect. This would be a huge asset if they pulled it off.

As for the herbalists... Well, I've never heard of them, but if they can mend wounds like you say they can, then I too hope their work pays off. Between you and me, we should try to get one of them onboard with us. If it's anything like feeding time when the freshest meat is the best, a herbalist who favors us would provide the best care for our injured. And seeing where this feud was going, more injuries looked unavoidable. Especially considering they had to deal with... If they were going to face off against, Torque decided it was for the best to spill all the beans about his sister. After all, that information could benefit Red if ever the two went head-to-head, which with all the tensions between them now, seemed dreadfully likely.

Red, you have to know this. Nyra, wasn't clever, when I last knew her. She was the stuff of nightmares. Ruthless, merciless, sadistic even. Mother and father didn't do jack about it though. To them, a little beastie like her was something to be proud of. She was always the first one into the frey, the first to bark and the first to bite, but we lived such a reclusive lifestyle, that someone like her was beyond useful to us. -he paused to sigh and glance at his sister, who was now peeking her nose out the cave entrance into the cold air outside, sniffing for the newcomers no doubt- When others would try to take advantage of us, she was always on the front lines. She's taken more beatings then I care to remember, but even the thieves we had to deal with had a grain of empathy. She however, didn't. First chance she ever got, she'd go either for the throat, or the underbelly, sink her fangs in and rip out whatever she could get her teeth around. -he paused and swallowed dryly- I still remember that manic grin of hers whenever she did that or spoke of it.

There was this one wolf that tried to mug us for our freshly caught catch of hares. I was carrying our catch while she covered our tracks. When we got attacked, she told me to run. That she would handle it. I did, and once I got to my parents and told them she needed help, we met her half-way back. She was mostly unharmed, but covered in blood, wearing that same twisted grin. My parents thought nothing of it, as usual, but when I excused myself from dinner and backtracked to where the fight happened, I found him. The thief. He was on his back, dead from blood loss and all four of his legs were bent, backwards. -he paused again to give his sister another glance before looking back at Crimson- I don't see that in her anymore. Now she's far worse, because before, I could count on her being rash and just plain stupid. Now I don't know what to expect. I know it's her, but she's nothing like what she used to be, and yet I can't help but feel that part of her is in there somewhere...

Edited by Brotato

Red

Red waited for Tor to finish, she had already spoken her mind, and some ideas from another wolf would serve some good purpose too. "Even if Avion was willing to join my side, I wouldn't have him. Have you seen the way he acts around Ace? He's practically brainwashed," she scoffed with a roll of her gray eyes. She was honestly sick of all these wolves dancing around Ace and praising him like he was the king of the whole land. He wasn't. He was severely flawed and weak; he was simply there to hold the throne before someone took over for him.

"We'll see how it is with the herbalists. I'm just skeptical with them, especially seeing how they are just volunteers with no training. But I see what you are thinking, we will need a herbalist on our side," Red added with a sigh of weariness. Sleepiness and the pain from the wounds she had were slowly dragging her down. She needed a herbalist or whatever to have a look before she could go off and have a good sleep. Today was one crazy filled day.

She noticeably perked up at the sound of Tor telling a story about his sister. It was strange, he hardly mentioned anything about his past life, let alone his sister. But she remained silent, hanging onto every word that left his mouth. Red, if she wasn't already angry at Nyra, she felt disgusted by her. Her sadistic personality and her charming wit showed that she wasn't just here to play packmates, she seemed to be here for a reason. She wasn't shallow, she was smart and intelligent. Just like her. And it was nerving her. "Nyra isn't here to play nice and to follow the rule of Ace. She's power hungry." Like me, Red thought as she paused. "She can charm Ace and the rest of the high ranking wolves so easily. Give it a few weeks and she will have the whole pack wrapped around her paw," Red spat, anger evident in her eyes. "That story that you just told me proved everything right. She had your parents under her control, they didn't tame her sadistic side. She was allowed to roam free as the monster she is. All we need to do now, is to get her to show that monster again and Nyra will be kicked out of the pack before you can say 'elk'," she spoke up to Tor, her eyes calculating as she thought hard about it.

After a few seconds, she looked into Tor's eyes and swallowed the growing lump in her throat. "She's horrible. Nyra is a twisted wolf, especially in that story. I was right. The new loners are throwing everything we worked for out of the window," Red said, her eyes growing cold and hard. "But that doesn't matter at all. We can easily take down Nyra and the other loner runts when we take down Ace. It's just a matter of time now," she finished. She knew no other wolf heard this, only her and Tor. Before he could say anything, she heaved herself to her paws and flicked her tail. "Everything that we just said and exchanging in this conversation, stays between us. Am I clear?" She asked, authority evident in her voice now.

Edited by Tiga