TJ09

2015-02-06 - Valentine's Day Timeline

I'm having trouble not AP-hunting too. I have slots open and they are just waiting to be filled! But I want to be able to grab eggs tomorrow when the breeding starts.

I happen to have the good luck of having another site running an event this weekend to distract me so my emptying DC scroll isn't bugging me much. xd.png

Still, very eager for the breeding to start. I don't have any Valentines dragons so hopefully I can grab a good batch or two.

ZER0 eggs on my scroll.

I want to fill those slots up with something D:

But noooo, I gotsta wait.

Sweet! I can finally breed Nico diAngelo (my radiant) with night's dreamer his royal blue mate, and get some second gen radiant!

(Yes I have a radiant named after Nico, don't judge me.... tongue.gif ))

I can't wait to see the new breed!

Sweet! I can finally breed Nico diAngelo (my radiant) with night's dreamer his royal blue mate, and get some second gen radiant!

(Yes I have a radiant named after Nico, don't judge me.... tongue.gif ))

I can't wait to see the new breed!

Love the name! blink.gif I'd have thought the name would be on a Halloween dragon though xd.png

I can't wait for the event! What is this year's Valentine dragon gonna be like?

It's funny how much I would like to have a space for valentines on my scroll, but I can't make it. I got another cb dragon from Alpine that I don't want to abandon.. Well, I don't think I will get many valentines this year biggrin.gif I can't wait to see new event, I'm so excited!

Alas, I've had to give up a slot for a day or two, but it's no deal at all considering the egg in question XD I'm so excited to begin building up to my 35-sprite goal of Radiant Angels (and other dragons).

Yay! I'll have full slots open by the time this starts. My plan is:

Breed all my Valentine Dragons to get the Egg Sprites for them.

Once they hatch - I will freeze them to give myself the s1 sprite for my scroll.

The exception is my Radiant Angel's egg - it will be allowed to grow up (giving me my second adult). I'll catch others off the AP to freeze. I might also let one of my Heartseeker's grow up to continue the lineage I have going.

Either way - by the time the new Dragon is released...I'll have all the Valentine Dragon entries done for my encyclopedia!

Yes!! This is great news! I can believe we are already this close to Valentine's. Time sure flies! biggrin.gif

Just incubated all my eggs & stuck them in hatcheries to get ready... Still saving lots of incubates for V Day dragons!

Favorite part about this year, I actually built up some partners for all my current dragons (and figured out just what I need for some other checkers) so I have a google doc that I can just copy paste when it comes time to trading.

Just started building various lineages this year that weren't stairsteps and realized it's kind of fun!

Had all my eggs hatched this morning, as planned, all spaces freed up for Valentine breeding and what do I go and do? Catch my first Rainbow Copper dragon. rolleyes.gif

I swear I didn't mean to! I was just browsing the biomes out of boredom, it was instinct to click fast when I saw it, I never thought I'd actually land it since I never have before!

Not that I'm gonna give it up, oh heck no, just one less Valentine dragon this year, I guess. tongue.gif

Other than that ridiculous mini-oops, I've pretty well planned out my holiday breeding this year, & hope to catch something nice in the AP, since I don't trade hardly at all. Here's wishing everyone else the same good luck!

What's a rainbow Copper? I only remember there being 3 kinds of Coppers.

What's a rainbow Copper? I only remember there being 3 kinds of Coppers.

The proper name for red Coppers is "Rainbow Copper", I believe smile.gif

Liver of Sulfur is the brown, and Verdigris is the green.

Edited by Niyaka

The proper name for red Coppers is "Rainbow Copper", I believe smile.gif

Liver of Sulfur is the brown, and Verdigris is the green.

...........that sounds unnecessarily complicated.

...........that sounds unnecessarily complicated.

Actually, the colors are rainbow, verdigris and liver of sulfur. A rainbow patina on copper is achieved with heat. We decided to use that as the normal coloration of the dragons, rather than a shiny plain copper, mostly because we both liked how they looked so much.

Verdigris is another name for oxidized copper. If you look at the American Statue of Liberty, you see a fine example of verdigris. Salt and high humidity are conditions that speed up the oxidation. The Coast and the Jungle seemed like the places where those conditions would be found.

Liver of sulfur is an acid that can be applied to copper to create a particular coloration. In this case we chose it for places where conditions are particularly harsh, like the Volcanoes and the Desert.

— Fiona BlueFire

Weeeell, red, blue, and brown are definitely easier. The others are just their fancy-pants names xd.png

Squee, I can't wait for Valentines babies. Especially Angels ;3;

Edited by Niyaka

Weeeell, red, blue, and brown are definitely easier. The others are just their fancy-pants names xd.png

Squee, I can't wait for Valentines babies. Especially Angels ;3;

Well either way I'm excited about breeding my babies tomorrow~ I can''t wait to continue my SweetlingxNhiostrife checker~

I'm glad my interest in DC is relatively high! Christmas I wasn't really feeling the site, so I didn't get a whole lot. xd.png Now I'm all prepared.

I always forget there's a Valentine event. Apparently I forgot it again. >_> But luckly at least I have 2 egg slots free...