TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

I don't know what you guys are seeing now, but all of the sprites look fine to me. ovo

Mmm youre right. Theyre a pain in the butt -.-

Bettas are much better. 10 gallon tank with a heater and filter and they're happy and active little fishies!

My sprites were screwing up badly shortly ago, but they're all fine again. Thought it was just my browser until I saw everyone else was having troubles.

Mmm youre right. Theyre a pain in the butt -.-

And (because being messy ever growing pains in the tush are not enough) they EAT other fish.

Poor little loach and peaceful bottom feed cat fish became snacks. Now we have a big pleco fish and snail, and I'm already trying to figure out where the next, bigger tank is going....

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who saw broke images and thought "oh, update coming."

Bettas are much better. 10 gallon tank with a heater and filter and they're happy and active little fishies!

They're definitely better! Ours lived soooo long in a tank. They left their aquatic frog neighbors alone, too.

Yeah, my images did that too! I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I thought it was my browser being fickle.

Edited by FireMaster13

I think I tried having fish.... once. Got sick of them, got a cat, could actually play with her.

Topic reminder.

Drawing

As of now, raffle winners have been drawn. They have not yet been contacted. (Make sure your site e-mail is up-to-date and working!) This post will be updated when they have been.

A set of backup winners has also already been drawn. If winners do not respond or I am unable to get in contact with them, new winners will be drawn from the backup pool.

Winners

Unlike in past years, there is no Honorable Mention tier this year. Instead, the proposed structure is 600 winners:

300 Western Dragon Winners:

50 First Prize

100 Second Prize

150 Third Prize

300 Eastern Dragon Winners:

50 First Prize

100 Second Prize

150 Third Prize

Instead of being offered the ability to downgrade to HM, winners will only have to accept or not accept their prize.

Trading

Prize eggs given out from this year's raffle will not be tradable. They will be abandonable. As in the past, they will also be protected from sickness.

The above rules are subject to change, up until the point that winners are contacted.

You really should. xd.png Is she a math geek too?

Probably has happened before.

user posted image

Yup. My sister is a math's geek. She's wokring on getting her degree in it right now. smile.gif

Drawing to stay sane was a bust, I am still incapable of figuring out Sai, probably should have used GIMP.

I'm not sure what I would name my prize if I got one, probably figure it out once I have it, as for a code, the code will prooobably be completely unrelated to whatever name it gets.

I wonder if someone is actually going to decline their prize LOL D:

Haha, let's get back on topic.

The wait is taking forever xd.png And imagine all the 'congrats to the winners' posts coming up after TJ announces the winners....hmm, maybe this thread will have the highest amount of replies in the news section?

I... cannot imagine such a thing happening xd.png Though, perhaps, if someone wins one again, they'll just decline so it can go to those who haven't.

I was notified last year I won an HM I think it was. But I never got it the prize even after I responded. . Dont know what happened.... sad.gif

I think prizes should be redrawn if they are a past winner. Say they win a tinsel in the past but are up for a shimmer cool. One of each kind of prize per scroll would be a fair rule.

Things to Do While Waiting for the Raffle

1. Poke around all the pretty prize lineages.

2. Visit the profiles of the prize owners you know of. Envy them.

3. Do a puzzle. Bear puzzles are my favorite.

4. Name some of your dragons, they want to be named.

5. Send someone a picture of a duck. Just because.

6. Describe one of your dragons.

7. Critique and approve some descriptions, or reject them all for missing commas.

8. Breed and drop something off at the departures thread.

9. Eat something. Animal crackers are a good choice.

10. Plan out an elaborate lineage or project. And then forget about it.

11. Go knock on your neighbors door and then hide in a bush. Haha they answered it. Ahahaha. Aha!

12. Go buy a cake and eat it. Happy Unbirthday!

13. Read Skiskers' amazing description. He's so gosh darn cute.

14. Visit one of the many, many suggestions regarding prize dragons. Offer your very important opinion.

15. Go buy me some animal crackers. Please and thank you.

16. Re-evaluate your entire life because you are now a vegetable.

17. Continuously post about how hard it is to wait for the raffle and how you keep checking your email for absolutely no reason. If you were already doing this, please go eat another cake instead.

18. Go to bed. Or take a nap. Sleep is great. But check the raffle status the second you wake up. Don't even go to the restroom or check on your goldfish. You need to check the raffle!

19. Cry because you don't have a goldfish. I want a goldfish.

20. Find someone on the forums and pay them a nice compliment. Why not?

More Things to Do While Waiting for the Raffle

21. Call your mom, regardless of where she might be and what time it is, and tell her that ducks are pretty cool. Then hang up.

22. Drop off another egg at the departures thread. Generosity is nice.

23. Discuss: Your favorite dragon. Not your favorite breed, not your best dragon, your favorite dragon that you personally own.

24. Draw a dinosaur with glasses. Send it to someone. Bonus points if it has spots.

25. Step outside for a breath of fresh, clean air. Unless you live in a big city, in which case look up pictures of places that have fresh air. Envy them.

26. Pretend that unread email you have is you winning a prize. You just haven't opened it yet. That's all. But you so won.

27. Visit the completed dragon requests list, aren't they so pretty?

28. One of your dragons hates their name, rename them immediately.

29. Attempt to throw a cracker, gummy bear, or other small snack into the air and catch it in your mouth. Can you do it 5 times in a row?

30. Listen to some good music.

31. Read another of my dragon descriptions. This one took a lot of work to get approved.

32. Describe one of your pygmy dragons. Make them a lover of fish.

33. Respond to one of the General Discussion topics. All of them are quite random.

34. Look up an anime called Spice and Wolf. It's awesome. If you've already seen it, we're now friends.

35. Cry because you thought Sock was telling us there was an update, but was in fact scolding our bad behavior. Go back to discussing how eager you are for the raffle.

Again, please do not quote the whole post. It's so spammy.

Ehehe whoops yeah, right you are Socks.

And probably? I mean, all previous years there's been at least one each time. Didn't someone trade away their shimmer and someone else abandon their shimmer two years ago? Granted, there's no HMs this year so no downgrading, but.... there's also the chance that someone doesn't respond, so that's a 'decline' too. Maybe their email got sent to spam mail and they didn't see it, it's possible.

*hopes he's either on the first list or one of those on the second list who get promoted*

I think prizes should be redrawn if they are a past winner. Say they win a tinsel in the past but are up for a shimmer cool. One of each kind of prize per scroll would be a fair rule.

It would be kind of horrible to win two of the same type of dragon, but think of how pretty their baby would be.

I was notified last year I won an HM I think it was. But I never got it the prize even after I responded. . Dont know what happened.... sad.gif

That is strange. Did you try contacting TJ through PM? Hope you win this year hun.

Haha, let's get back on topic.

The wait is taking forever xd.png And imagine all the 'congrats to the winners' posts coming up after TJ announces the winners....hmm, maybe this thread will have the highest amount of replies in the news section?

This thread has 6,925 replies. tongue.gif

Ninja'd! But yeah, it really all depends on how excited we can get before Sock or TJ or Z closes the thread to keep down the spam. xd.png

Although in all honesty, all that will probably be done in another 'congrats' thread. Although a link to this guide should probably be included near the end, if possible. That way, all the lucky people who win who check the last few pages of the thread can see the link and go there.

Drawing to stay sane was a bust, I am still incapable of figuring out Sai, probably should have used GIMP.

I'm not sure what I would name my prize if I got one, probably figure it out once I have it, as for a code, the code will prooobably be completely unrelated to whatever name it gets.

Maybe try drawing dragons from your scroll to pass the time?

It's interesting to see everyone planning names and codes. I'd just be content to receive one, then geek out about names. I'm jealous of all of your preparedness.

How long is this going on for? (If it was mentioned a while ago, I'm sorry but I don't want to go through all 63 pages -.-)