TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

. . .

...If we run into a shimmer or tinsel while digging, I call dibs. >=V //shot

Also, I might have said this before, but with 600 winners, how many people do y'all think would be participating in the raffles!? =O I always only see 40-50 people on this thread, but that's only 50! I've seen 100-200 or so people viewing pages in the cave, but even 200 is only 1/3 of the amount of prizes.

Maybe I'm being derpy, but... do I make sense? ^^;

Well just from experience, I frequent another forum where the majority of the users in the DC thread refuse to post on the forums. They're all heavy players too- one even won the raffle a few years ago and picked a custom coded paper, although I forget what the code is now.

So there's about 20-30 people right there who are not forum users who participate. I'm sure there's loads more.

I should introduce you to my sister. biggrin.gif

Even though I never win these sorts of things and I know I haven't won this I have already got a list of codes in preference order. rolleyes.gif

You really should. xd.png Is she a math geek too?

Probably has happened before.

user posted image

My ((hopeful)) Female Bronze would have the code Prese. If anyone guesses what her name will be, and what her mates name will be, they get a shiny.

Hint: Its related to an ancient Greek story.

I just now updated my e-mail address from the horribly outdated one that was listed before. If winners were already drawn, would the notification e-mail go to my old e-mail address or the one that I updated it to a few minutes ago? unsure.gif

Edited by Trinity.

Well actually, that could take a while.

There are 26 possible letters, each with two variations. Lowercase and Uppercase. That makes 52 possible letters, and then there are 10 possible numbers. (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0) That's a total of 62 characters possible for each slot in the 5-character codes.

That's 62 x 62 x 62 x 62 x 62 which equals 916,132,832.

So we'd have to go through that many dragons to finally get to 6 letter codes.

(Here's the Math Geek part of me jumping out.)

6 letter code combinations:

62 x 62 x 62 x 62 x 62 x 62 or 916,132,832 x 62 which equals 56,800,235,584. That many possible 6 letter codes.

Technically speaking that's absolutely true ,but not nearly all of them would end up in use...Blag

Something to do with Persephone?

user posted image

Of course, probably none of them are going to be mine... sad.gif

ahahaha that's funny

Gosh it seems like everyone is replying to this thread. Way more pages here now then when I went to work early this morning. At least I'm not the only one excited and checking their email a lot ^^; I would be happy to get any of the prizes if I won. Though I'd admit I love the Shimmers a lot when it comes to look.

Perseus?

and i am delighted my meme caused a small landslide.<3

just realized i probably epicly failed the guess the shiny name game...xd.png i missed the mate part, and just though of Perseus...unless the mates name will be Madea!

Edited by CrystalSetsuna

Warm! Very warm!

Persephone, mate to Hades, mother of a son named Zagreus and a daughter Melaena? X3

Warm! Very warm!

Hades steals Persephone and her mother is angered and thus makes a deal where winter and fall si when Hades has her dauhter and spring and summer is when Persephone is returned to her.

(I like Greek Mythology)

All this talk of statistics has me worried, you guys.

watched the vid, that's pretty cool X3

Well just from experience, I frequent another forum where the majority of the users in the DC thread refuse to post on the forums. They're all heavy players too- one even won the raffle a few years ago and picked a custom coded paper, although I forget what the code is now.

So there's about 20-30 people right there who are not forum users who participate. I'm sure there's loads more.

There's 7000 eggs (roughly) on ND right now, which means 1000 users minimum (if everyone on there had 7 eggs, which is unlikely). It's probably closer to 5000, and that's just one fan site at this moment in time. I bet the 10000 number is pretty accurate. Which means we have a 6% chance... Ahhhhhhh! xd.png

Yes! Now guess the names! (You may want to look at my Scroll wink.gif )

Hades the feared?

Yes! Now guess the names! (You may want to look at my Scroll wink.gif )

Hades the feared and her code...?

Nevermind I think CrystalSetsuna has got it tongue.gif

Edited by BlueMint

All this talk of statistics has me worried, you guys.

xd.png Thank you for six minutes of passed time! Now to pass the rest of it...