TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

Good to hear this news! (: I'm glad most of my Solstices got their red hues! But a little sad some of my 2nd gens. stayed blue (3 out of my 12...). Oh well!

Edited by kiyoura

Kinda sad that all mine turned rosy D:!!! I wanted all my frostbite pairings to be blue sad.gif Arrgh! Oh well. Guess I get to try all over again next year. tongue.gif Thanks for making both available!

Edited by Reidragon

Remarkably, all of my Solstices colored the way I wanted them to. A very nice surprise!

This is like the one case where I wish we COULD trade adult dragons... xd.png

No kidding... From the responses in this thread it seems like everyone who wanted blue had theirs turn back to pink and everyone who wanted them to go back to pink had theirs stay blue xd.png

I don't like the change for the Solstice Dragons.

The CB ones don't feel unique anymore when their offspring match their colouring. I rather liked the original idea. I wish I had more alts now. sad.gif

Edited by sonnyfftl

I want to just say I appreciated the original attempt and was so excited that for the first time, I actually got to have a "special" dragon on my scroll. I see all these older players with their rare and prize dragons I can never have, or maybe one day have, and I see them actively using these dragons in trading to help get what else they want. And also to gift. I thought it was really special I finally too had a "special" dragon and that it celebrated those of us who were THERE The first year. I mean, I get the rest of you being disappointed and totally see that you weren't informed. But I feel you were really mean about it. I appreciated TJ and Odie's original attempt, and now I don't even have 1 darn blue.

This is exactly how I felt. "Wow, I've been here since '08 and now I finally have something that I have that's special that says 'YOU were there!'" Because I never got alt Sweetlings and I also missed several early holidays bc I was unaware of events.

We already have holiday badges and CB Holidays to say "we were there." Taking a pretty sprite away from players who come later just to feel entitled isn't cool. That's part of the reason why despite having Old Pinks and Frills I want them to come back, and why I'm very glad pink wings have returned as well. Exclusives have driven me off many other sites and games, I don't want even more of them here than we already have. e____e

No kidding... From the responses in this thread it seems like everyone who wanted blue had theirs turn back to pink and everyone who wanted them to go back to pink had theirs stay blue  xd.png

This is not so, says happy blue owner ! (I hadn't even NOTICED the change at all till someone pointed it out xd.png But I liked it.)

Edited by fuzzbucket

The fact is that there ARE already exclusives. I hate them too, but if this is going to be a game based on exclusives, I might as well get a few myself. If I can't have a CB Prize, a Alt Sweetling, etc, I might as well get something else.

The fact that everyone else can have the rosy wings isn't what I'm annoyed by. I couldn't care less what everyone else has. I'm just annoyed that I have to wait a whole year before I can get another blue. TJ should have made it so that the change didn't apply to dragons bred in 2014.

Alright, I guess I'm one of the few who's disappointed to see all of her beautiful blue-winged solstices now have rosy wings. Completely fubars my plans for breeding next cycle. Seriously.

Yeah, I'm happy a compromise was reached, but I'm sad that it's a retroactive change. I liked having my new blue-winged on my scroll's front page, and now it's no longer applicable. Blast. And now I have to wait a year to fix it.

But as I'm in the minority (seemingly), I guess I'll just shrug and toss my silly multi-colored winged solstice girl back onto the rear of my scroll to rot for a few months before she becomes useful to me again.

Not just you. All mine went Rosy. I now have zero Blues which makes me really not pleased. I liked both, and now have to wait a year to get some Blues again. As I said originally, I really think making it retroactive with no opt out, was a bit unfair to those of us who actually liked and wanted their Blues. It would have been more fair to let us opt out, or make the change effective next year.

well, alt sweetlings aren't really fair to include in the mix. during that event, people had their eggs glitched away, so when they were replaced, they had a special coloration.

A compromise is good. Though I'm bummed out that the two I had bred are rosy...I like them blue sad.gif

EDIT: I should say that I like the two I have now this year (non-CB) blue

Edited by GokaiPink

It seems that I wasn't affected. This only applies to bred Solstice. Is this correct?

Mine all stayed blue. sad.gif

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to breed them right next year.

Yes, all CBs will stay rosy.

smile.gif I see. I didn't and won't bred mine so I guess it won't be an issue for me to decide if I prefer blue or rosy.

Thanks for the compromise and the update. I'm glad I still have some Solstices with blue wings. Now I can't wait to be able to breed them again to get more of both sprites. xd.png

I really, really like this compromise since we get to keep both sprites and it should be good for people who do like the blue wings and those who don't (I personally still don't want the blue wings at all), so thank you to TJ and the spriters for coming up with this compromise.

While there are already exclusives, we don't need another one with the Solstice dragons, especially since I prefer the red hued wings indefinitely over the blue-winged ones and locking that out of newcomers' scrolls forever would stink in my opinion.

YEP! Once again I get royally SCREWED!

The only bred Solstice I had got changed to the old style and I am EXTREMELY upset about it!

Finally for once....for ONCE I was able to be around to get something special and then I get screwed and have it yanked away from me.

I LOVED the alternate color of the bred Solstice dragons and was hugely excited and happy when I saw it! Now all that is ruined!

First off the change should have been announced or at least hinted at BEFORE christmas dragons were breedable for the year.

THEN trying to fix it by screwing over the other half of the people was not the way to fix it either.

You should have given people the option if they wanted it changed or not.

But as usual I end up on the side that gets royally screwed! People call it a compromise....it's not a compromise....I don't have a choice in the matter. I get forced to have my dragons changed and I don't want them changed! That's not a compromise, that is me losing and getting screwed over!!!

I've been coming to DC since 2008, with a small exception of when I was with out internet for about 8 months (which low and behold screwed me out of ever having a chance of getting a frilled dragon.) And I try so hard to get certain special things and never do. I've been trying to get cave born silvers ever since I started back in 08, never have...and probabaly never will because I swear they don't even drop anymore. I haven't seen once in 3 years. I might be happy if I can find a 3rd or 4th gen, small lineage...but I swear no one breeds them anymore either cause I haven't seen one in the AP in 3 years either. I've tried to get a gold since long before the sprite change (incidentally I preferred the old one) but I haven't seen one of those eggs in the cave or AP for 5 years. Not that I could ever grab one fast enough even if I did. I've never won any of the prize dragons, and since they don't do the games anymore for prizes, I'll never be able to get cave born one of them either. Instead I have to weed through the very few I ever see on the AP and if I am lucky enough to grab it fast enough try to find one that has a short decent lineage....and that is getting increasingly difficult. I tried for 5 years to get a Holly dragon and was only ever able to get one when the holiday limits were changed and at the same time something must have been done with the amount of eggs they produce because they suddenly started appearing like crazy when they used to be very sparse, so I am sure most everyone has one now....not nearly as special....but trying to find one with a short and decent lineage is very difficult.

But yet I see people with these things all the time. But I never get any!

And FINALLY...finally one time I get something special and something I really really liked and it get taken away from me!!!!

So if I seem VERY VERY upset, it is because I am!!!!

They'll be back next year, Malic. I know it sucks, but the blue wings aren't gone forever. sad.gif

Also, AP hunting can be hard, but you might want to try looking around the trading and breeding sections of the forum; there are lots of players who will cheaply trade or even freely gift very low gen, pretty golds, silvers, and prize dragons, if you want them!

Trading: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=11

Breeding: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=29

well, alt sweetlings aren't really fair to include in the mix. during that event, people had their eggs glitched away, so when they were replaced, they had a special coloration.

This. I WAS there during that particular glitch and the subsequent compensation to replace those who lost dragons, but as my scroll was not affected by it, I did not get an alt sweetling (though I wish now I had not traded away my 'normal' CB sweetlings, either, since I'm not really a pink kind of girl, but they do look lovely with other breeds). It wasn't an exclusive- it was a means by which TJ cared enough about his game's players to make the situation right as best he could. Some of us missed out on those lovely black and red sweetlings because we simply did not lose anything to be awarded something in exchange for.

It is counter-productive that people who are suddenly complaining about the compromise made that basically apologizes for a lack of communication, because the dragons they wanted to keep blue or the ones they really wanted rosy did not change, are now out of the woodwork, clamoring for yet more just to accommodate their own wishes. Where were those voices the night debate first arose? It has been in discussion for weeks at this point, and a decision has been reached to try and give both parties (blue or rosy) something they can work with, now and in the future. You really cannot please all the people all the time, but in this matter, TJ and Odeen, though they could have told us all to go pound sand, did their level best to listen and work with the idea (there were 3 major trains of thought) presented that would fit, not only certain styles of play, but Odeen's vision of her original concept. If you (collective) wanted to be in the majority of either side of this discussion, you had your chance. Passively-aggressively sitting back and waiting until something was done, just to see if it would be what YOU wanted does not sway things in your favor and will no longer move change.

It's also inconsiderate and just plain mean toward Odeen in particular (since she's the spriter who has spoken up), for people to react in their unhappiness by threatening to kill their dragons and use them for zombie fodder or whatever. Who gave anyone that sort of right to make another person, especially one who gives of their time and talent without pay other than she actually has a truly exclusive sprite, feel badly about this whole debacle? She had a plan for HER solstice dragon concept. There was miscommunication about what the future of that sprite was, and she worked with TJ and us to find a solution to the confusion of plans. What is taking place now (the change of the wing colors on sprites born at night vs. day), is a compromise between her rights as an artist involved and her sense of community with the rest of us. Again, not everyone can be appeased, but it has to be something that will benefit the majority of well over 10,000 players, not the most put-out people on the forums who are taking a last opportunity to bite a very generous hand or two because they aren't getting their own way or just have to have the last word on the topic.

*Edited because I can't spell.

Edited by blackdragon71