TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

Thankyou TJ and Odeen for coming up with a very elegant way to compromise and keep both sprites available to everyone. It is much appreciated.

Now to go peek at mine and see what colour I got smile.gif

The Spriter's Alts were also changed! ohmy.gif I assume by accident though

I noticed that, too.

More of mine went blush than I thought would:

Sweetling x Solstice - blush wings, yay!

Sweetling x Solstice - blue wings, oh well

White x Solstice - blue wings, yay!

Alt Sweetling x Solstice, Alt Sweetling x Solstice - both blush wings; I liked the blue wings with them, but this works well too

Sunsong x Solstice - blue wings; would have preferred blush but I've seen 3G checkers with this colouring and they look good (to me)

GoN x Solstice - blush wings; I liked the blue wings for this but the blush wings will probably look nice with the AoCh.

The only one I'm in any way upset about is this one; she switched to having rosy wings and I was so enjoying the idea of breeding a 3G checker with all three Solstice sprites in it (yes, that *is* a spriter alt there, she's just pretending to be a commoner at the moment!). rolleyes.gif Still, I am absurdly lucky to have her, so... tongue.gif

All in all, nothing too terrible or that I can't overcome in some way or other. smile.gif

Jaziandco's spriter's alts did not change color - only Odeen's did. I do wonder whether or not it was deliberate, though.

EDIT: Wait, they both changed to start with? Jazi's are definitely normal now.

Edited by Ponystar17

Sigh, I like having the option of both, but wish those with mates I'd specifically picked for the blue would have stayed that way, especially the one with the speckle father! And the two with GoN's colored different, one blue/one colored, so much for using them both in the same 4th gen. Oh well, at least I can breed for a specific type next year. I just wish I had a bit better luck with 'random' (or unknown method at the time) coloring. xd.png

9 of mine went rosy and 4 stayed blue so I'm happy I have some of both.

Jaziandco's spriter's alts did not change color - only Odeen's did. I do wonder whether or not it was deliberate, though.

EDIT: Wait, they both changed to start with? Jazi's are definitely normal now.

Yeah, all the Spriter Alts changed (I checked a lineage with one of Odeen's babies in and she was in commoner colours, too). Glad to see they're being changed back. smile.gif

Yay! Of the two extra I picked up this year once I saw the new Wings - one of them stayed Blue while the other went Rosy!

So now I have 3 Rosy, and 1 Blue smile.gif

I lost ALL my blue winged ones that I collected this year, they all turned rosy winged. Pretty disappointed to be honest. sad.gif Being in Europe puts me in the Drag Cave night time zone for collecting/breeding. But after the announcement I was still hoping for blue wings as I had some lineages planned and had collected those solstices for that purpose. Anyway, I released them as they are no use to me now and I only keep what I need with so many dragons already.

But thank you for the update TJ and keeping the rosy winged one as a future option, I am sure next christmas it will be a much loved and appreciated feature.

Edited by Dubious

Noooooooooooooo all of my Solstice got the old wings, I wished at least one would stay blue.. oh well next christmas. I wonder if we are able to see on the hatchies which wing color we will get. unsure.gif

Nope, not happy.

I honestly think silver x blue wings looks better than silver x rosy wings and only one stayed blue, the rest changed.

And the whole point of this gold x solstice for me was for the blue wings so naturally that one changed too.

Right now am annoyed enough to release the lot and not bother breeding the solstices at all.

ETA: I don't dislike the original wings at all, just very displeased that mine changed when I wanted them to stay blue

Edited by Lilali

It could be worse... Both 2nd gens from GoN turned rosy, both 2nd gens from ember - blue, 2 out of 3 2nd gens from silver blue. There is still hope for my checkers, however I need to get different mates.

She is blue (yay!). A bit dissapointed here...

Edited by irercha

I wish we had known about this change during their breeding time. sad.gif

I only collect a certain number for my scroll goals. I thought I was caught up this year with them, but I'm disappointed that now I'm not. I'm bummed that I have to wait another year now.

All 3 of mine remained blue biggrin.gif I'm actually happy since blue is my favourite colour and don't mind either version ♥

Or is the changing process still running? unsure.gif

Only two of mine went to rosy wings. One of them was one I would have preferred to stay blue. I'm not sure yet what I will do with the lineages I had planned.

Noooooooooooooo all of my Solstice got the old wings, I wished at least one would stay blue.. oh well next christmas. I wonder if we are able to see on the hatchies which wing color we will get. unsure.gif

So do mine to... My time zone have large gap from DC times so I'm not sure on next christmas;;;

My only one stayed blue. *sadface*

But i am able to get my beloved rosy wings this year! *happy again*

Err, there should be an in-cave clock or something else that tells us about night and day or do i missinterpret the news?

Err, there should be an in-cave clock or something else that tells us about night and day or do i missinterpret the news?

There will be, I don't think it's been added yet.

I only caught two Solstices thinking I would get rosy winged ones. I'm really glad both ended up rosies now. I need one rosy wing for a breeding project I'm working on with a friend of mine who doesn't play DC, but I showed him the dragon and he really likes it. He was quite sad when I told him we might have to wait a year to start the project if none of mine turned rosy. So as soon as I saw mine changed I sent him a message, even though I knew he was dead asleep. XD

And even if none of mine had changed, I would have kept both, they are my first Solstices and love them.

Now, how much do we bet I won't manage to summon the GoN I need for that project til' December? XD

Thank you TJ and Odeen for making it possible to have both sprites!

Only 2 out of 9 turned rosy, but these two have Valentine partners, so that fiis them perfectly!

For the others, i had only hoped the ones from Sunsong and Speckled Throated would have turned rosy too, but i can easily try again next christmas.

The rest is even better with blue wings, so i'm totally ok with how it turned out.

Thanks again for giving us the option to get both variants!

its awesone that is now possible to get Solstices with colorful wing pattern and with blue wings

but I rather would decide myself(with a BSA ability) which wing pattern I want to have, because making lineages would be much easier.

or instead as currently the wingpattern based on bred at night or day, it would be better that the wingpattern is based on time when it hatch. so you at least can determine a bit better which version you get, that would in particular helpful by catched eggs from the abadoned place

or if its possible to see already on the eggcolor when its layed so you know if it get blue or colored wings

Edited by Seiti

ALL my Solstices turned back, NOOOOOOOOO! sad.gif

I was so happy about having three pretty new blue ones and now I have none. I'm glad that TJ cares about making things fair for everyone, but I'm really really sad to lose my blue Solstices. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Edited by dustpuppy