TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

I am glad I didn't get any blue wings.

I still like the rosy wings better than the plain blue ones.

All 4 of mine stayed blue... not that I didn't like it, but even one rosy would be cool.

Oh well, to hunt only for the rosy ones next year.

Rude

I stabbed a 2g White who refused his mate the other day as well. Dragons who do not serve my purposes cower before me. >8)

...unless they're irreplaceable, in which case they laugh and laugh while I cry.

((Sure, it's your choice. But I don't think announcing it in this thread (after Odeen and TJ worked this change that made both sprites available) is really quite polite.))

....Aaaaanyway, I'm glad Pale Skies Thuwed and Mysterious Appearance stayed blue. (though I still can't remember when/where I got Mysterious Appearance, hence the name)

Thanks again for the changes TJ (and Odeen)! And for the old pink and gold entertainment as well!

Anyone realize DC is down now? Normally it goes down after the 3 AM DCT drop, but it's down now...

As for the Solstices, both of mine stayed blue... >.<

Happily, the majority of mine Solstice stayed blue. I released one bred from a gold who turned blush since I really prefer the blue wings from that pairing; it makes the gold accents really show up prettier. The other that turned blush was from a GoN. Decided to keep her since I also have a blue winged from a GoN and figure they might combine to make an interesting lineage at some point.

Anyone realize DC is down now? Normally it goes down after the 3 AM DCT drop, but it's down now...

As for the Solstices, both of mine stayed blue... >.<

Yes: (x)

Yes: (x)

Oh, I thought it was mostly recent. Then I saw how long it was down for..."~1 hour 8 minutes"

Hopefully all bugs are getting fixed up right now.

darn it...I hadn't had a chance to check to see how my scroll turned out with the update: now I'm getting 502 and 504 errors sad.gif

Edit: got in.

Aww man...both my 2G went rosy. Guess I'll be hunting the AP again for blue wings next Christmas.

Edited by Slaskia

Noooooooo. sad.gif

I only collected one new Solstice for the holidays simply because I wanted the blue wings and it turned rosy now.

Glad others got what they wanted but this makes me so sad. sad.gif

Mine have coloured perfectly. I got blue wings and red wings on the perfect lineages wub.gif I love both wing colours as I think the sprites are gorgeous!

Only four of my sixteen 2nd gens turned rosy. sad.gif That's a lot less than I hoped for, but at least I can salvage three of my breeding projects this way and don't have to start from scratch with everything.

Not releasing any of the blue ones, though. I spent a lot of time trading and breeding for trades to get them, spent a lot of time hunting on the AP, and well, the blue wings are still pretty enough. I'm just not going to breed them, that's all.

I'm a night person so all mine turned sunset winged - yay

At least I know to look for or breed during the day for a bluewing this year

I am elated to finally have a rosy winged one! I wish it had turned on my other lineage though. Oh well, I plan on collecting all the solstices I can. I love them, so I don't think any of my time collecting them has been wasted. I'll just get more next year! happy.gif

Edited by Alora

All 5 of the Solstices I raised this year went back to Rosy wings. Guess I'll be hunting some Blues next Christmas. smile.gif

edited because I'm bad at counting!

Edited by Terces

I'm a night person so all mine turned sunset winged - yay

At least I know to look for or breed during the day for a bluewing this year

Probably what it was for me too. I am a night person.

Thats great thank you for updating this TJ! biggrin.gif

Well, I'm glad that those who wanted original color schemes for the Solstice for their breeding projects are getting their wish.

However when I heard it was applying to previously bred dragons I won't lie, I panicked a bit. In all honesty, I loved the Blue-winged Solstice most and I quickly went to check my two that I had gotten this year. I am a little sad that one of mine changed from Blue to sunset colors, but I'm eternally grateful that one of them remained a Blue-wing.

I hope it forever remains a Blue-wing and in the future I will be paying close attention to what time I breed mine and for the eggs I catch...which I have a feeling just became more difficult depending on what time of day people hunt for them and which one most people prefer.

I am lucky the one I bred stayed blue. I am normally a night person but had pulled an all nighter and that was the last breeding before I stumbled off to bed - 5:45am my time (pacific). She came out lovely and likes her mate as well. Take a look. I had to trade their first baby in order to get a mate for this guy as missing that one would have set me back a couple years. Last one turned sunset wings with gold father and still need to track down a mate.

I would have loved to have gotten more but dang they were popular and hard to get! I'll know better next year hunting mistletoes! wink.gif

All of mine except one stayed blue smile.gif The one that turned pink is one that actually works better like that, too. Would have liked one other to turn pink as well, but it works alright blue as well so eh, whatever xd.png

YES! One of my Solstices, the one from Mysfytt's Heartseeker, turned rosy-winged. It may sound weird, but thank you, Mysfytt, for breeding your dragons during the night smile.gif

My second one... To the Wilderness, I suppose, since with blue wings it would be rather useless in my project. Anyway, it's good to know that now we have the opportunity to get both sprites and the mechanism of getting rosy-winged or blue-winged has been based on clear rules. Thank you, TJ and Odeen.

Edited by Aurigena

I love this dragon, so I collected what I could. I now have six blue and two rosy of the bred ones. With my original CB's, my scroll looks quite even!

Aaaah noooo, mine from Sunrise and Brute stayed blue. ;__; Well, I'll need to make sure that I get 2nd gens of those bred in the night next Christmas. At least my Solstice from Frostbite turned and another one from Blue-Banded which I didn't really care about, so now I have four rosy and four blue wings. :3 Thank you for the change, I'm glad we'll have control over what wing color our Solstices get next time, and it will definitely make collecting them more exciting!