TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

Thanks TJ & Odeen for finding a way for us to have both beautiful Solstice sprites!

Although I was a little sad that only one of my 5 stayed all-blue, because I was quite smitten by it...

Interestingly enough the change also caught my recently-bred Ridgewing egg, it was tan at 11pm EST (which I was breeding for!) and now it's purple unsure.gif

One of my Solstice changed to the rosy wings and the other three stayed blue. I'm happy with what I got. I love both styles biggrin.gif

Interestingly enough the change also caught my recently-bred Ridgewing egg, it was tan at 11pm EST (which I was breeding for!) and now it's purple unsure.gif

Yep now that you mention it...

Im freaking so much over my alts going normal...

Now the cb tan ridgewing I caught earlier IS PURPLE. .-. This is a nightmare for me right now

All my sols went Rosy. As much as I love the blue, am really glad I can get blues next year with lineages that I want them with.

Thanks Odeen for coming up with this compromise on your beautiful dragon wub.gif

Final tally: 2 blue-winged solstii, the rest are rosy. One blue is from a gold dad, so that will be just fine. I think the gold complements the hints of gold in the blue-winged variant nicely. The other was one of my brute x solstice pairings, but since I have five of those, it will work mathematically and she will stay on my scroll, regardless. I think the blue-winged are lovely in their own right, so while I'm happy that most of mine are the rosy-colored sprites I hoped for, I will find mates for my blue girls as well.

Thank you again, TJ and Odeen.

Odeen, we are not stabbing your dragons. In fact, they are both wonderful pieces of art. We are just saying that is sad to wait for another year to get both variants but... hey, that's ok! As long as everyone can get both variants is a really nice thing. So please don't be so dramatic.

Edited by Xorath

I only managed to get 2 solticies this year, and I managed to get 1 sunset and 1 blue. I actually prefer the blue wings, but I can wait until next year.

Cool... the one I bred is Rose (knew it would be since I knew when it was bred) and the 2 I caught are both Blue! Can keep that pattern with kept Rose & caught Blue.

Shoot. Knew it was going to happen because I only had time at night over break to really organize for breeding. One stayed blue but it's the one I picked up. Neither that I bred that I thought would look better blue in lineage. LOL

Odeen, we are not stabbing your dragons. In fact, they are both wonderful pieces of art. We are just saying that is sad to wait for another year to get both variants but... hey, that's ok! As long as everyone can get both variants is a really nice thing. So please don't be so dramatic.

Sigh, both the ones I wanted to go pink stayed blue and the one I didn't care about went pink. T____T *stabs blue ones*

excuse u

sad.gif only 1 of my four remained blue sad.gif 11 months to try for ALL blue again. Too bad we can't trade adults lol

Sigh, both the ones I wanted to go pink stayed blue and the one I didn't care about went pink. T____T *stabs blue ones*

excuse u

Ok, I didn't saw that. Seem's that I'm the dramatic one then. xd.png

Edited by Xorath

excuse u

They're my dragons, and they don't work for my lineage plans anymore, so I don't want them. Not releasing them instead because I don't want extra nameless progeny.

(Although one revived, so I'll keep it for interesting descriptions, haha.)

Glad I can plan out lines next year, but this year's Solstice related projects have been shot for me. TmT

excuse u

They're my dragons, and they don't work for my lineage plans anymore, so I don't want them. Not releasing them instead because I don't want extra nameless progeny.

Glad I can plan out lines next year, but this year's Solstice related projects have been shot for me. TmT

Rude

T-T Haha, lol, looks like some of the 2nd gens I grabbed as starters to a checkered lineage won't be working after all... and kinda sad that only one of the 2nd gens I grabbed has the blue wings, but oh well :c

In the meantime, whilst I am waiting for the next year I shall stab each one of my dragons one time, for good luck c:

Lel these forums b scury.

Both the ones I was worried about went the color I wanted and I have both sprites on my scroll so I'm happy. -hugs all my solstices, blue or rosy-

Rude

I stabbed a 2g White who refused his mate the other day as well. Dragons who do not serve my purposes cower before me. >8)

...unless they're irreplaceable, in which case they laugh and laugh while I cry.

Thanks for doing this, tj!

I have 1 rose and 2 blue now biggrin.gif

The one I knew would go sunset obviously went sunset, so that's all good for me because it was the only one I really wanted to turn~ I did pick three others up for my icy pairs, though, and I was kinda' hoping that they'd all go the same color, either all blue or all sunset.

Two sunset, one blue. Oh well. Not like I won't be grabbing the other three next year anyway, haaa. |D

Also, I don't really understand why people would really release/stab them for coloring wrong? They're going to be tossing a whole year of work. :/ At least if you keep them you can set up trades in the future for the colors you do want by breeding them for color swaps. That's better than starting from scratch again.

Edited by 11th

I had one of four turn rosy - the one from falconiform *facepalms* Ah well, at least all the Solstices in that one's lineage will match :3

Would have been better if the ones from Bleeding Moon and Almandine had change too but maybe I could do some kind of alternating Bleeding Moon/Blusang and Almandine/Ice with rosy/blue Solstice stairsteps.

Of course mine changes. dry.gif

Oh well, she's still pretty. I should have collected more I guess.

One went rosy and one stayed blue.

and my nebulas are back to the correct color.

Edited by Vhale

Thank you very much for the ability to get both colors. I know it was a lot of work and compromises so again thank you Odeen, and TJ.

-Loves her Solstice Dragons no matter their color-

I have a few pairs of 2G solstices with fathers the same breed (2 from lumina, 2 from frostbite, 4 from GoN). All four from GoN stayed blue, while the lumina and frostbite pairs split with 1 blue and 1 rosy. This feels so lucky to me and I think it's going to be super fun designing lineages around the differences I wound up with. biggrin.gif

Huh - I'm glad this turned rosy http://dragcave.net/lineage/hrrpg because I think this one really looks better this way than with blue: http://dragcave.net/lineage/MUFhl

I'd prefered this blue http://dragcave.net/lineage/LkoGy for this lineage http://dragcave.net/lineage/MSiXm but at least this one is rosy too http://dragcave.net/lineage/8nzXp so I can continue the lineage as it is and after all it looks very pretty this way too.

I'm really sad though this one stayed blue http://dragcave.net/lineage/fRM7a because that's something I can't even rebreed and I think this would have been better blue instead of rose: http://dragcave.net/lineage/iAgkF

I had no plans for http://dragcave.net/lineage/HpSxx so it's just good as it is; perhaps it even looks better than a rosy one if paired with an Avatar of change.

So the only real bummer for me is the Sweetling solstice... all in all I'm glad the rosys came back but as many others I would have prefered a choice for this christmas' Solstices but you can't have anything I guess.