TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

My Solstices all stayed blue, and I'm happy with that. Next time I'll try and get a couple of rosy ones, though. smile.gif I'm glad we can have both variants now, but I do see other people's concern about existing lineages.

Out of curiousity, has anyone's frozen s2 Solstice changed? Mine still looks the same as it did before, though I'm sure I read somewhere that the hatchies might be updated to show whether they'd get rosy or blue wings as adults...

Out of curiousity, has anyone's frozen s2 Solstice changed? Mine still looks the same as it did before, though I'm sure I read somewhere that the hatchies might be updated to show whether they'd get rosy or blue wings as adults...

Mine's still the same, so either the hatchlings haven't been changed (yet), or we both have the blue-winged ones xd.png

Mine's still the same, so either the hatchlings haven't been changed (yet), or we both have the blue-winged ones xd.png

Lol, yeah. Survey sez: Inconclusive! xd.png

I caught a few Solstices in the AP; some stayed blue, some went back to the original blue & pink...so I have a few of each...and I like it just fine! smile.gif

ALL my Solstices turned back, NOOOOOOOOO! sad.gif

I was so happy about having three pretty new blue ones and now I have none. I'm glad that TJ cares about making things fair for everyone, but I'm really really sad to lose my blue Solstices. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Exactly the same here, even the numbers xd.png

I loved the blue wings... Oh well, there's always next christmas.

I caught two Solstices this Christmas... one has staid blue the other now has rosy sunset wings.

SO.... I get one of each. smile.gif

All in all, that makes me happy.

I missed the CB Solstice and I was disappointed to have only one wing type, as both are lovely.

I think it's a very fair solution, thanks TJ.

Aww. Two of mine turned rosy. sad.gif Oh well. There's always next year.

Thanks for making both sprites available!

The only 2nd gen I had turned back to pink. sad.gif

One year now until I can try (difficult because of the time zones) to get a blue-winged one. Sad. Don't think it was necessary to change the dragons we already own. The change could have been applied next Christmas when everyone knows when to breed the dragons to get the one you want.

Edited by Arlessiar

Darnit, the one that I really really wanted to go rosy stayed blue sad.gif In the end I only had one of my new ones go rosy.

...on a side note...the Dragon Encyclopedia hasn't been changed yet...it still doesn't show the 2 variations:

Holiday Dragon (2013)

I must say that I am SOMEWHAT Surprised that it did not have both already, if the blue wings were in the works from the beginning.

Edited by Silverswift

D: As expected, mine all stayed blue. Too bad, I'll plan to breed a whole lot more at night next year, I guess xd.png

Wow okay. All mine turned back. That makes me extremely angry, but I'm used to being angry around here. Time to wait a WHOLE YEAR to get another one. mad.gif

Whew, most of mine turned rozy, save 2, which are combinations with bluish dragons so they remain pretty looking. I'm so happy now, especially for my Solstice x Sunsong lines. biggrin.gif

...on a side note...the Dragon Encyclopedia hasn't been changed yet...it still doesn't show the 2 variations:

Holiday Dragon (2013)

That's VERY odd as I thought it did at one point...

I like that solution a lot, especially because I think it fits the "Solstice" relation.

Though, one of mine turned blue and I don't really like them =/, they are too plain for me, as said before, the rosy wings give them a lovely unique touch.

So, I don't know what I will do with it... either keep or stab it on Halloween to try for a Zombie, because I don't kill randomly or without a purpose xd.png.

Yayy! wub.gif I had one Solstice that turned blue, and it was gorgeous; but it was in a lineage with an Almandine Pyralspite. <3 It now has rosy wings! It looks much better now with that color combination~

Edited by Atala

I must agree that, while having the 1st gen of a Holiday different from the next was certainly a very cool concept, it would have been great if something had been mentioned about this and the alternative choice of breeding times for the different wing colours had been built in from the beginning.

Too bad we aren't all psychic and able to foresee and forestall such potential for problems, lol, but with any luck this sort of thing will be a learning experience and involve more information-sharing hereafter.

All my Solstices colored opposite from what I wanted, so I will have to rebreed everything. Oh well, at least the blue wings look pretty on scroll. See you next year, and I wish everybody less drama next Xmas smile.gif

I must agree that, while having the 1st gen of a Holiday different from the next was certainly a very cool concept, it would have been great if something had been mentioned about this and the alternative choice of breeding times for the different wing colours had been built in from the beginning.

Too bad we aren't all psychic and able to foresee and forestall such potential for problems, lol, but with any luck this sort of thing will be a learning experience and involve more information-sharing hereafter.

I second this. I very much hope that, in the future, TJ and/or artists will be much more upfront about plans for various breeds, especially Holidays, which can only breed once a year.

Bummer, only one of my Solstices changed. Mrrgh. Oh well. I'll fix it next year!

LOL out of the three Solstices I got, only one changed back to rosy wings - just noticed this xd.png

I'm just happy that I was able to get both kinds of wings - both the rosy and blue wings, IMO, are really nice! smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148