Jazeki

Speculation About December Release

Holidays other than the Hallows dragon can't have dimorphism, because they can only be one gender. tongue.gif

I can still wish. sad.gif

Though since non-Halloween holidays haven't been both genders since the Holly (that I can think of), I suppose that's a permanent decision on TJ's part. *sad sigh*

I like them being 1 gender, I wouldn't know how to influence them otherwise.

Sez who? Just because no one has made one doesn't mean they can't. *tempted to go hurry up and try to sprite a dimorphic holiday dragon just because you said "can't"*

Please do! smile.gif

(Only in that case, I want 4 CB pairs!)

Sez who? Just because no one has made one doesn't mean they can't. *tempted to go hurry up and try to sprite a dimorphic holiday dragon just because you said "can't"*

I apologies if I sounded ignorant, I just assumed that since there's a two CB cap it would be restricting for only one male and one female and that it's been a norm for holidays outside of Halloween to be gender restricted. s:

I second Syphoneira, I'd love to see dimorphism on holidays outside of Halloween as well.

*is silently, desperately hoping she can catch some CB Red Nebulas before everything gets taken over by new dragons*

This Halloween was the first holiday release I actually got to participate in, it'll be super fun to try and nab some Christmas beauties! And if they were going to do a normal release, I feel like they would've done it already. IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS WHERE DID THE YEAR GO

A Christmas Pygmy would be awesome! Or maybe a gingerbread dragon!!

I can't wait to start breeding and catching smile.gif

*is silently, desperately hoping she can catch some CB Red Nebulas before everything gets taken over by new dragons*

This Halloween was the first holiday release I actually got to participate in, it'll be super fun to try and nab some Christmas beauties! And if they were going to do a normal release, I feel like they would've done it already. IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS WHERE DID THE YEAR GO

Lol, after the Holiday dragons are done, there are typically masses of ER and Incuhatchable babies in the AP which will be picked up by a steady stream of people as they unlock.

In there will be all sorts of dragons and, these generally being so low-time, you can very likely scroll-lock yourself in short order on CB dragons of all sorts, barring the rarer kinds.

I know I certainly wouldn't want to lose space to dragons we can get year-round when the various Holidays are so briefly available once a year. smile.gif

Edit: the Typo Queen also features skillz in redundant repetition... laugh.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

Um, actually, I think it's 24 hours and however many minutes. I'm pretty sure breeding old holidays has started on the 19th for several years.

Um, actually, I think it's 24 hours and however many minutes. I'm pretty sure breeding old holidays has started on the 19th for several years.

Wishful thinking maybe but... until I know for sure I am hoping.

In three minutes at least we will know whether or not we can breed Christmas dragons. I really hope tonight.

i honestly think doing old breeds from the 18th - 24th would make more sense since the new species comes out on christmas day and nobodys gonna wanna breed old species on that day.

In three minutes at least we will know whether or not we can breed Christmas dragons. I really hope tonight.

I guess it's not starting yet. dry.gif

Hopefully tomorrow. smile.gif

I guess it's not starting yet. dry.gif

Hopefully tomorrow. smile.gif

T.T Well, that was a waste. I was really hoping. T.T Now I have to wait another whole DAY.

i honestly think doing old breeds from the 18th - 24th would make more sense since the new species comes out on christmas day and nobodys gonna wanna breed old species on that day.

I for one very much prefer breeding a lot of my holiday dragons on the actual holiday itself, so I would beg to differ.

Some people very much prefer Christmas dragons with the date of Christmas Day - Odeen (hi, Odeen!) being only one of many.

Some people used to come back to DC only to breed their Hollies on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, even though they were no longer really playing/on hiatus; don't know if that's still the case, but it was a tradition for some.

Also, one can take only 2 CB Holidays, so stuffing our scrolls with the bred Holidays we're now able to have multiples of for future breeding or whatever is Serious Business, with no opportunity to be missed in seeking to maybe find that lineage you need/dream of, lol.

And some people have only limited access to DC during the Holidays, so the more chances they have to snag dragons, the better.

Especially for those who work long hours during the holiday season and who may have only Christmas Day off. smile.gif

Just one more day ! (Well, 18 hours and something...)

Holiday events on DC are always so much fun, I'm really looking forward to another one ! laugh.gif

And I'm looking forward to seeing my favourite eggs in all DC on my scroll again - the Solstice ones. wub.gif

About the December release... Well, I like the idea of a Pygmy. (Mistletoe pygmy ?) A Two-head would be interesting, too. (Maybe for the different sides of Winter - the dark, harsh, dangerous one and the beautiful, magical one with the start of hope for the new year...) As for a Drake, I like most of the Drakes that we have a lot, but I never really understood why they make up a separate category of breeding. It's not the size (there are equally small dragons, and not much smaller pygmies), not the intelligence (some dragons don't make it past animal intelligence), no strange physiology (no more heads/less digits than other dragons or pygmies), so, hm, looks like a quite random rule of genetics.

Whatever it may be, I can't wait to see the new Christmas dragon ! (And I wonder why suskekun222 might be so nervous about it. Might there be a new spriter in this thread ? wink.gif )

Yep, I'm also hoping it's tomorrow (hopefully by then I'll get my count to 500)

If its a Garland dragon maybe we'll get a wyrm xd.png I'm up for whatever it is this year, oooohhhhh I can't WAIT!!!

If its a Garland dragon maybe we'll get a wyrm xd.png I'm up for whatever it is this year, oooohhhhh I can't WAIT!!!

Haha! I see what you did there.