Jazeki

Speculation About December Release

The only Christmas dragon that is both genders is the holly. The rest are all either male only or female only.

I think a garland dragon would be pretty. I'm hoping for a more single-colored release (or two colors at the most).  Dragons with many colors, like the wrapping wing, aren't really my thing.

what you said made me think of a Wreath Dragon. It would look similar to the Shimmerscales in species, but be a wreath instead and have different colored scales like a wreath would have decorations. Perhaps it would even carry bells and a ribbon as a sign of good cheer?

There's also the idea of a Frosty the Snow Dragon.

@Hazel360

I had fun with that theme last year with the 2013 Dragons. Too bad we're only allowed 2 CB's each or I'd have caught three for the sake of their names.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6wHtp

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0kGL3

Looking to catch a 2G for the Ghost of Christmas Future this year. smile.gif

Edited by Syiren

This... is sort of a neat idea. smile.gif

I am unsure as to weather old Christmases start breeding TONIGHT or tommorrow night...

I just hope I'll be able to get them in time.

A snow or christmas light related dragon would be cool.

Actually, something either:

candy-themed

brown and gold

Edited by Kojayo55

This... is sort of a neat idea. smile.gif

I am unsure as to weather old Christmases start breeding TONIGHT or tommorrow night...

Lol, probably tonight, since I planned my scroll around tomorrow night being the start of the Holiday dragon breeding. xd.png

Omgoodness. Holidays are in a week. *dies* I forgot all about this due to finals.

I'm really excited for the new breedings. especially since I only recently joined up. I like the Halloween dragons but the Christmas ones are my favorite holiday dragons right now. Still crossing my fingers for a reindeer dragon or something xd.png

what you said made me think of a Wreath Dragon. It would look similar to the Shimmerscales in species, but be a wreath instead and have different colored scales like a wreath would have decorations. Perhaps it would even carry bells and a ribbon as a sign of good cheer?

There's also the idea of a Frosty the Snow Dragon.

@Hazel360

I had fun with that theme last year with the 2013 Dragons. Too bad we're only allowed 2 CB's each or I'd have caught three for the sake of their names.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6wHtp

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0kGL3

Looking to catch a 2G for the Ghost of Christmas Future this year. smile.gif

Three of them would be truly amazing.

*crosses fingers*

My scroll is almost ready

Lol, probably tonight, since I planned my scroll around tomorrow night being the start of the Holiday dragon breeding. xd.png

I think the 19th.

I was thinking tonight at midnight (12:01 on the 18th), as that gives 7 days with the Christmas dragon released on the 25th.

But I'm guessing.

I would think it would be tonight at midnight (which would suck since it would be a Thursday and I still have school so I cannot stay up late) cause it would give us 7 days till Christmas.

Haha, I have no clue whether it's tonight or tomorrow night. I'll be up late tonight though. smile.gif

In past years, announcements have been made on the 18th and 19th, but the breeding has only started on the 19th.

In past years, announcements have been made on the 18th and 19th, but the breeding has only started on the 19th.

So you don't think it will be tonight?

That's what I am hoping for. I made sure all my eggs would be grown up in case the event starts the 18th, but I'm hoping for the 19th because it fits my schedule better. wink.gif

So you don't think it will be tonight?

Well, I would love for it to be tonight. And I originally thought that it did start the 18th in 2012, but when I read through the news post, breeding/festivities started on the 19th that year.

Well, I would love for it to be tonight. And I originally thought that it did start the 18th in 2012, but when I read through the news post, breeding/festivities started on the 19th that year.

Well, i am hoping for tonight because... I am getting excited.

Can't WAIT for Christmas stuff to begin!

I was assuming midnight DC time on the 18th, which is actually the 19th, by which point enough of my hatchies will have grown up not to interfere with breeding for various people and greeding for myself, with pretty bred Holidays!

Edit: I could certainly manage if Holiday breeding started tonight, though!

Edited by Syphoneira

I was assuming midnight DC time on the 18th, which is actually the 19th, by which point enough of my hatchies will have grown up not to interfere with breeding for various people and greeding for myself, with pretty bred Holidays!

Here, here to that! That is what I am particularly excited about... pretty bred holiday dragons. Specially breeds I don't have yet.

Edited by Silverswift

Actually now that I went through each year. It is always midnight on December 19th 0:00 EST (the 18th still for some people) and ending on December 26 at midnight 0:00 EST (December 25th for some people) to create a full 7 days but who knows maybe he could do it differently this year tongue.gif It seems the only time it was not the 19th was back in 2010 which they were bred on the 21st to the 28th.

Not sure what dragons are going to drop for Christmas. I've read so many nice ideas. smile.gif Maybe something to do with snow? A snow dragon? Ooo! An elf dragon! Something that will breed with pygmies or drakes? That would be different. We have one holiday that isn't a regular dragon and that is the pumpkin. It would be a change to the game to have another one for one of the other dragon types.

Not sure what dragons are going to drop for Christmas. I've read so many nice ideas. smile.gif Maybe something to do with snow? A snow dragon? Ooo! An elf dragon! Something that will breed with pygmies or drakes? That would be different. We have one holiday that isn't a regular dragon and that is the pumpkin. It would be a change to the game to have another one for one of the other dragon types.

ohmy.gif I approve of a Christmas Pygmy!*

*Though this will be my first Christmas release, and I'd personally like something I can breed more freely. But if it's cute, I'd hoard it. There need to be more pygmy and drake breeds around, just to give breeders more options to work with.

I also need to decide my AP-snatching breed priority, since I don't have any Christmas dragons on my scroll yet. tongue.gif

Either way, I hope the new release has dimorphism.

ohmy.gif I approve of a Christmas Pygmy!*

*Though this will be my first Christmas release, and I'd personally like something I can breed more freely. But if it's cute, I'd hoard it. There need to be more pygmy and drake breeds around, just to give breeders more options to work with.

I also need to decide my AP-snatching breed priority, since I don't have any Christmas dragons on my scroll yet. tongue.gif

Either way, I hope the new release has dimorphism.

Holidays other than the Hallows dragon can't have dimorphism, because they can only be one gender. tongue.gif

I thought it would be tonight so was waiting up and getting VERY excited. But on reading this I guess history favors the 19th tongue.gif .

I'd like a dragon with fairy lights, hehe.

Holidays other than the Hallows dragon can't have dimorphism, because they can only be one gender. tongue.gif

Sez who? Just because no one has made one doesn't mean they can't. *tempted to go hurry up and try to sprite a dimorphic holiday dragon just because you said "can't"*