Jazeki

Speculation About December Release

Why are you so nervous about this year's Xmas dragon?? We each get our two eggs - not a problem. They drop for much longer than the Halloweens did - so long in fact, that you get rather sick of seeing them.

I'm hoping there'll be a non-Holiday drop early on in December, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm quite aware, but I'm nervous for different reasons. tongue.gif

I second oddsoxdi in the March thing, I think the soonest we get another regular release will be then. December is too busy for two releases, it'll be a mess with the market fluctuation AND holiday breeding. January and February will be used up mostly for the raffle business, then that leaves March free.

Edited by suskekun222

Anyway, as for the new release, I doubt there's going to be a regular release this month. We'll most likely only get the Christmas dragons (I'm hoping for something dealing with Christmas trees or Christmas carols~ Or maybe a Father Christmas dragon. ...No Santa since Santa is American. The original Father Christmas from Europe is better.).

Really was that needed?Rude.....

I really don't care what goes on this month to be honest whether there's a regular release or just a holiday release I'll be happy with both laugh.gif

i really need to collect more of the prize dragons that are already here, but new prize dragons will be cool to look at ; 0 ;

i agree with everyone that i ain't feelin a december release. november felt like a better time.

i really need to collect more of the prize dragons that are already here, but new prize dragons will be cool to look at ; 0 ;

i agree with everyone that i ain't feelin a december release. november felt like a better time.

There just might be a new prize this year, there was a two year gap between the release of Tinsels and Shimmers, and its been two years since the Shimmers now if I'm not mistaken. Let's wait and see. laugh.gif

Please, can we NOT have American-bashing? YES, we KNOW the rest of the World has been around longer than we. We KNOW Father Xmas came first, we KNOW you guys invented the bleeping language. We're talking dragon eggs here, not which country has the best whatever.

I STILL think from Halloween until March is far too long to wait for non-Holiday drops. Especially if there are all those awesome dragons in the 'finished' pile. MORE DROPS please!!

Please, can we NOT have American-bashing? YES, we KNOW the rest of the World has been around longer than we. We KNOW Father Xmas came first, we KNOW you guys invented the bleeping language. We're talking dragon eggs here, not which country has the best whatever.

I STILL think from Halloween until March is far too long to wait for non-Holiday drops. Especially if there are all those awesome dragons in the 'finished' pile. MORE DROPS please!!

I could not agree more! I see it everywhere else this was the last place I was expecting to see it.. very disappointed :/

Might as well comment on my own thread.

I don't think there will be a regular release, but since papers and winter seasonals were released in the early days of DC when there were were also Christmas dragons, I have the tiniest inkling of hope for one.

As for the Christmas release, I'd like a true reindeer one. The Solstice dragons are beautiful in their antler-y glory, but I'd like a reindeer one. Or another that's on the white end of the spectrum.

Ok uh enough drama. We can all pretty much agree that the concept of 'Santa' has been commercialized worldwide yes? Even if the name is different no matter where you go. Having Christmas dragons based on non-religious representations of the holiday is the best way to keep everyone happy.

I hope there's a release today but if there's one beyond today aside from Christmas release, I'm not even going to try for it. I have things I need to try and breed. I owe stuff to people.

Today is Cyber Monday after all, for all those who don't know. The biggest online purchasing day of the year. Online sales everywhere.

My biggest peeve is that if TJ wasn't planning on releasing a dragon in November, he should have at least told us so we wouldn't wait for no reason. He usually does, like occasionally there's no September dragon because of Halloween.

Edited by zaverxi

If there is gonna be a release today, it is gonna happen at 12:00 pm EST (which is in 15mins). I highly doubt there will be one though :/

*pulls Oreo out of milk*

EDIT:

Yep, no release. Ah well...

Edited by Jascuty

If there is gonna be a release today, it is gonna happen at 12:00 pm EST (which is in 15mins). I highly doubt there will be one though :/

*pulls Oreo out of milk*

EDIT:

Yep, no release. Ah well...

Well, it's not 12:00 PM EST yet. :b I live in EST and it's only 11:44 AM. Also, the past few releases have been at 1:00 PM, not noon, so I would assume that if there is going to be a release today, it will be then.

At this point I'd actually rather not have a release, though, and not just because I egglocked myself yesterday. I've been trying to hold off on using my BSAs (Well, Reds anyway.) so that I have them for the Christmas run, and if something new dropped it would be tough to resist using them.

Edited by 11th

But since not everyone has scroll goals, a lot of people would like a release every month , like me  tongue.gif

the more the merrier

I understand that. That's why I said "I myself". tongue.gif

Or maybe a Father Christmas dragon. ...No Santa since Santa is American. The original Father Christmas from Europe is better.

Actually...

Santa Claus, also known as Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle and simply "Santa", is a figure with legendary, historical and folkloric origins who, in many Western cultures, is said to bring gifts to the homes of the good children on 24 December, the night before Christmas Day. However, in some European countries children receive their presents on St. Nicholas' Day, 6 December. The modern figure of Santa Claus is derived from the Dutch figure of Sinterklaas, whose name is a dialectal pronunciation of Saint Nicholas, the historical Greek bishop and gift-giver of Myra.

In other words, "Santa Claus" is just a non-English pronunciation of Saint Nicholas. The figure of Santa/Sinterklass/Saint Nicholas/ Father Christmas is pretty much widespread across civilization with European heritage. It seems a bit silly to quibble over names, especially when DC is an American-based game. It's all the same person.

As for the December release, I'm not expecting anything but the Christmas release - which means that I'm also not expecting a new common release until March. *Sigh*

Edited by LibbyLishly

*feels like I'm the only one that wants a new release like right the eff now haha* I haven't been here long so the only non-holiday release I've had were the garnet ones (sorry not gonna remember that long official name of theirs because there's only room in my brain for so much xd.png;;; )

So yes, new dragon now please ;______; I know a lot of people are super into breeding and stuff and have other goals, but I don't, I'm just a collector so my scroll's been gathering dust since Halloween //HEAVYSOBBING

I think there's a slim possibility (very slim) that we might get an early December release. Sometime in the first week of December, maybe. But it's been years since there was a non-holiday release in December, so it looks unlikely to me. Very disappointing, in my opinion. I was hoping for a November release, as otherwise there's not much for me to do on DC between Halloween and Christmas. Oh well.

I can't tell what I want exactly. Maybe just holiday release since I've got too many school stuffs to do... It seems that I couldn't even catch the Christmas release...

And it just reminded me that I've joined DC for over a year. Last Christmas was the first holiday I experienced.

It would have been nice to have a November release, but I think that at this point I could live without a release between now and Christmas.

I don't know why, but the more I look at my cheese dragons the more I think how cute it'd be to have a cookie dragon. And now that the Christmas holiday is upon us it's be cute to see something like a Gingerbread cookie man, but as a dragon. They'd probably behave similar to the cheese dragons as they're magically bestowed life and can't really breed, so eh, not likely to happen.

I also found out that this year is the 50th anniversary of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and people seem to love the Abominable snow monster. What if there was an Abominable Snow Dragon? Or even a Grinch dragon? lol, that'd be interesting to see a Christmas dragon who hates its own holiday. xd.png

Or even a Christmas Tree dragon? One who is made of wood and when Christmas time comes it grows it's leaves and then on Christmas Eve and into Christmas Day it becomes decorated? Any other time of year it'd be a normal pine tree-like dragon or its wooden scales/body would be bare until the month of December comes around again?

...Wow, I'm really getting into this. xd.png

I don't know why, but the more I look at my cheese dragons the more I think how cute it'd be to have a cookie dragon. And now that the Christmas holiday is upon us it's be cute to see something like a Gingerbread cookie man, but as a dragon. They'd probably behave similar to the cheese dragons as they're magically bestowed life and can't really breed, so eh, not likely to happen.

I also found out that this year is the 50th anniversary of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and people seem to love the Abominable snow monster. What if there was an Abominable Snow Dragon? Or even a Grinch dragon? lol, that'd be interesting to see a Christmas dragon who hates its own holiday. xd.png

Or even a Christmas Tree dragon? One who is made of wood and when Christmas time comes it grows it's leaves and then on Christmas Eve and into Christmas Day it becomes decorated? Any other time of year it'd be a normal pine tree-like dragon or its wooden scales/body would be bare until the month of December comes around again?

...Wow, I'm really getting into this. xd.png

Gaaahhh >_< You just had to get me all pumped up again and excited for Christmas :3 Now December is gonna pass even slower because I'm waiting to see what the Christmas dragon/event is.

I can't wait!!

My biggest peeve is that if TJ wasn't planning on releasing a dragon in November, he should have at least told us so we wouldn't wait for no reason. He usually does, like occasionally there's no September dragon because of Halloween.

This.

Granted, I do have some catching up to do, like several others (I missed a few releases this year and am playing catch-up), but not knowing when it's gonna happen makes this harder as I end up leaving MY scroll open for what turns out to be no reason, so I've lost time that I could have been hunting or breeding.

I really wish he'd go back to scheduled releases. sad.gif

This.

Granted, I do have some catching up to do, like several others (I missed a few releases this year and am playing catch-up), but not knowing when it's gonna happen makes this harder as I end up leaving MY scroll open for what turns out to be no reason, so I've lost time that I could have been hunting or breeding.

I really wish he'd go back to scheduled releases. sad.gif

Exactly!

I figure I'm always going to have catching up to do even without missing over half a year as I did, lol, but it IS a lot easier to work on that when one knows whether to leave one's scroll open or not and the catharsis provided by regular new dragon releases is irreplaceable for some of us, especially those of us still finding Cave Refreshing often unutterably boring even with the 5-minute shuffles, as grateful as we are for such improvements.

Especially since every increase in Releases of Commons brings more variety to one or more biome(s), increasing the chances of movement there as well.

And for me personally, a lot of what I need to do involves breeding with sometime uncooperative pairings, resulting in no/wrong eggs and those eggs which hatch the wrong colour, so a lot of nothing-on-my-scroll results from this effort anyway, lol.

No, wasn't really expecting a November/December new dragon Release, but was always hoping, and will continue to - however hopelessly, lol - until next week.

Maybe we'll get two different christmas dragons this year and that's the reason why there was no November release - and no, I don't believe that myself xd.png

Personally, I am hoping for a sprite with a rather white color palette - I don't have cb snowangels, so another holiday dragon with a similar coloring would be great for lineages biggrin.gif

especially those of us still finding Cave Refreshing often unutterably boring even with the 5-minute shuffles, as grateful as we are for such improvements.

I have to limit my cave shuffle as my clicker finger starts aching. But I started playing a little freebie web game in between checking DCave. In my case, Hearthstone. I find it breaks the monotony quite a bit.

I think someone mentioned the last few updates may have knocked the release off the calendar, which may be true. That and now that we can collect bred lineages for Christmas and Valentine dragons. Though, I've avoided most lineage collecting for them so far. I think I'll do one and not get into it like Halloween. It takes a bit too much time to set up all the trading if dealing with multiples.

Though thinking of that, I can go make my trade/swap post/sig early to get it done ahead of time.

As far as what kind of dragon, I think people had asked for variety in what holiday they were for last year, which is how we got a solstice. So we may get something very different this year.