TJ09

2014-10-25 - Halloween Event

Some advice from a longterm player about avoiding sickness.. even during holidays.

1. Don't post your eggs for at least 6 - 12 hrs

2. Only use 1 fansite

3. Don't Incubate until the eggs are at least a day old

4. If they don't hatch at the 4 day mark, add them to 1 ER

5. If it's a Tinsel, Shimmer or GoN immediately fog the hatchling for at least 6 - 12 hrs and do not repost until it's below 5 days

6. If they don't mature at the 4 day mark, add them to 1 ER

I've used this strategy for years now and my eggs rarely get sick, and I haven't had one die since my first year playing.

I have not yet bred any of my CB Halloween dragons, so if anyone needs a particular pairing PM me. I'll be egglocked for the rest of today, but will be able to breed first thing tomorrow.

Some advice from a longterm player about avoiding sickness.. even during holidays.

2. Only use 1 fansite

5. If it's a Tinsel, Shimmer or GoN immediately fog the hatchling for at least 6 - 12 hrs and do not repost until it's below 5 days

I've used this strategy for years now and my eggs rarely get sick, and I haven't had one die since my first year playing.

I have not yet bred any of my CB Halloween dragons, so if anyone needs a particular pairing PM me. I'll be egglocked for the rest of today, but will be able to breed first thing tomorrow.

Great advice! For number 5, I'd also add Avatars to the list. In my experience, they seem to need almost as many views as prize dragons and GoNs and are often prone to getting sick if you need to ER them to get them to hatch.

Geej there's so many GW's blocking the AB page. X_x Was hoping to get some ER eggs to hatch so I have zombie fodder. Oh well...

It's going to be hard to find said eggs, but if you keep checking back at random times, they do appear occasionally (although it's very, very brief). I picked up a few yesterday.

It's going to be hard to find said eggs, but if you keep checking back at random times, they do appear occasionally (although it's very, very brief). I picked up a few yesterday.

May have to be this way, but it'll be tough if I have work in between those said times. xd.png

@Milkage66

"Halloween breeding season for the old Halloween eggs ends on 1st of November, or already on the day before?"

from the calendar and what SockPuppet has said, I believe that it ends at midnight or the 31st (DC time).

"

Hopefully, I understood correctly! If not, hopefully TJ will fix it.

Just to make 100% sure (because I am paranoid now). Final tally for the Carnival is 24 items and final tally for Trick or Treat (for now!) is 37? unsure.gif If that is the case, then I am solid! Also got my hatchies for last year's dragon hatched & now ready to rumble with my own breedings. smile.gif

Everyone keeps talking about catching their second batch of eggs and I'm just like... Nah. I have a bunch of the old Halloweens already but I want to grab as many newbies as I can so I'm not going to grab any more eggs until the new ones come out 'cause I'm afraid the second batch wouldn't hatch in time even if I did it all right @~@

While I'm not in the group of having missed an item in the carnival (thank god for the I MUST CLICK EVERY SINGLE LINK EVEN IF IT MEANS MULTIPLE PAGES OPEN mentality of me), I REALLY want to replay it because there was a link I did miss clicking (the one where it was 'Follow the Stream' rather than 'Follow the River.')

Arrrrgh, I'm the same way and I missed the same link! I don't think I missed an item on it because my numbers are still right (though I have one more dragon to do yet), but it's bugging the tar out of me that I don't know where that link led.

So, I'm missing two items from the Carnival. And since I can't start over I won't collect them all.

Ahh, I can't wait for the new Dragon <3 !

You should be able to continue where you left off and not have to start over. That's how I was able to get the items that I missed.

I managed to catch my second batch of eggs last night. Good thing I saved all of my Red dragons for this event. tongue.gif

One of my grave eggs got sick (grr, 4d9h, you're too old to get sick!), but after I fogged it I noticed it had 666 UV. I'm tempted to keep it fogged until it hatches now, just to try and keep that stat.

Just to make 100% sure (because I am paranoid now). Final tally for the Carnival is 24 items and final tally for Trick or Treat (for now!) is 37? unsure.gif If that is the case, then I am solid! Also got my hatchies for last year's dragon hatched & now ready to rumble with my own breedings. smile.gif

That's what I have!

What items are commonly missing? I'm on the last misstion, and I decided to check the light before plundering.

I just bred my "This is halloween" lyrics themed Graves. There's no way they'll get caught as a set, so now people got eggs from parents with names along the lines of "To The Pumpkin Song".

EDIT: Haaah, I just picked up the name GHOST MUSTARD, and BUSTING MAKES ME FEEL GOOD. Today was a good day.

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

I have ten Reds and five female Pinks left. I think I need to be careful and just use them for the Halloween drop now. ._.

I have ten Reds and five female Pinks left. I think I need to be careful and just use them for the Halloween drop now. ._.

Boy am I glad I hoarded all the BSAs I could that one time.

For me it's the opposite. Too many BSAs available, but I'm too lazy to actually search up what I need to use where.

You should be able to continue where you left off and not have to start over.  That's how I was able to get the items that I missed.

I was trying multiple times to continue where I left off and each time it sent me back to my scroll. I'm gonna try again, maybe it will work. smile.gif

Edited by Nusieq66

I missed the stream link too... and the plunder link... I'm so curious to know what happened on those pages, ack!! xd.png

I missed the stream link too... and the plunder link... I'm so curious to know what happened on those pages, ack!! xd.png

Following the stream, you get attacked by a giant corrupted/mutant catfish and have to turn back.

Plundering the tent gets you chased off by an entirely black Nebula dragon. and the note that Sunrise Shade would be very disappointed in your un-heroic behavior.

Neither gave items. smile.gif

Following the stream, you get attacked by a giant corrupted/mutant catfish and have to turn back.

Plundering the tent gets you chased off by an entirely black Nebula dragon. and the note that Sunrise Shade would be very disappointed in your un-heroic behavior.

Neither gave items. smile.gif

Thank you for posting this! I followed the stream but didn't plunder, and I've been curious too.

2. Only use 1 fansite

I influence and incubate as soon as i decide what im keeping, then fog until they hit 4d 3h-ish, add to one hatchery, then when they hit 4d i put them in 3 ERs. As soon as they hatch i fog them. :U

Is anyone else kinda bummed with how treats have been this year and last?

I mean, the first ToT had so many! It was amazing!

I understand the need to cut down before people miss them (I missed two from last Halloween), but it's rather depressing to see how the number is steadily decreasing.

I hope more treats are added before November 1st.

Just caught another Grave from the AP. Just gonna let it sit on my scroll until the 6 day mark, then add it to Daily Dragon Fix, Valley Sherwood, and Dragon Dump. Works for me, and eggs barely get sick. (I messed that up on a Gilded Bloodscale earlier [it was CB! I'm still angry at my self for that] and added it to too many hatcheries right when I caught it.)

What items are commonly missing? I'm on the last misstion, and I decided to check the light before plundering.

I think the scroll from the abandoned building and the blue ribbon, which are in the green dragons earth mana quest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wish some of the dragons would dress up for halloween o:

Edited by Asketil

You should be able to continue where you left off and not have to start over. That's how I was able to get the items that I missed.

No, once you get to the end and get the icon on your scroll, that's it - anything you missed seems to be gone forever.

The missed items have to do with the narrow passage in the cave, I think.