TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

So, umm, has anyone unlocked the adult Alt Blacks sprites from the curled hatchlings? I've clicked well over 150 Alt Blacks so it seems like by chance I would have hit enough that grew from curled hatchies, but maybe not. Do I need to click more or is this a fool's errand?

I finally unlocked them, but it took me over 450 adults to do it, most of which were alts. rolleyes.gif

I must have been really lucky - I only had to click ~130 adult Blacks to unlock all the alt sprites. o_0;

Thanks guys, seems like I've a ways to go. I'm at 370 adults, but I'm not sure how many are Alts versus regular Black dragons so I'll keep clicking.

ETA: I must have been impatient, I got it at 389 adults. smile.gif Now to find the 100 ND hatchies I need to have everything currently in the encyclopedia unlocked.

Edited by sfts

I managed to get it down to 89 ND hatchies needing to be observed, but I think at some point I'll have to change my IP for the rest.

Actually I'm going to my cousin's later this month, so that works...

So, umm, has anyone unlocked the adult Alt Blacks sprites from the curled hatchlings? I've clicked well over 150 Alt Blacks so it seems like by chance I would have hit enough that grew from curled hatchies, but maybe not. Do I need to click more or is this a fool's errand?

I did unlock them, but it took me over 700 adults to do so, and less than 60 of those were Regular Blacks. >.>

If it would help, I have a list of 154 adult Black Alts in the Wilderness that you can look through.

How does one do this? I already tried this, searching keywords, searching images, but I can't even find one.

In Google type site:dragcave.net

Then add whatever description you are hunting for.

Like this site:dragcave.net Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It looks very sick, as though it wasn’t very well looked after

Edit: I forgot that the first part prior to just the description will make sure that you're getting hatchies and not just forum pages. Sorry.

If anyone is looking for curled black Alts I have two on my scroll, on the second page of my scroll and their alt son was also a curl.

Edited by Alia

The Google search method has helped me get the number of ND hatchling views needed down to 44. smile.gif Getting ever closer to the goal!

Well no wonder neglected dragon came up with nothing, it isn't called that in the description...

I used to know how to enable duplicate results back in 2008 but I will have to see how it is done these days.

For now, +1 hatchling to the list.

There's a link at the bottom of the search results...

I'm not seeing any link. sad.gif So it is only giving me one little ND hatchie.

ETA: Well, I didn't find anything that said allow duplicates, but under search tools, all results, if I click on verbatim that brings up a bunch of them.

Edited by purplehaze

I'm not seeing any link. sad.gif So it is only giving me one little ND hatchie.

I had to go to the 2nd page of search results (at the bottom) to see the option.

Forgive me if someone already asked this, but I don't really feel like scanning through 45 pages. How do we unlock the egg sprites for the Bright Pink and Frilled dragons?

Also, can someone please direct me to a scroll that has the sitting alt black hatchlings?

Forgive me if someone already asked this, but I don't really feel like scanning through 45 pages.  How do we unlock the egg sprites for the Bright Pink and Frilled dragons?

Also, can someone please direct me to a scroll that has the sitting alt black hatchlings?

We can't at this time.

Check out the Encyclopedia Helpers in Site Discussion.

Forgive me if someone already asked this, but I don't really feel like scanning through 45 pages. How do we unlock the egg sprites for the Bright Pink and Frilled dragons?

Right now, we can't unlock those egg sprites. Also, the DC records thread should help you find what you're looking for; scrolls listed for alt blacks or frozen hatchlings should work.

I don't have anything at the bottom of my results other than links to other pages of search results. I've gone through all the advanced search settings (on Chrome) but I have not found any tick boxes regarding this.

I will try it with another browser later, that might be my problem.

I don't have anything at the bottom of my results other than links to other pages of search results. I've gone through all the advanced search settings (on Chrome) but I have not found any tick boxes regarding this.

Try this. Look at the top of your search results page for Search Tools. Clicking on that brings up another row of text below that. Click on the down arrow beside All Results. That should drop down a menu that includes Verbatim. Click on that and the search changes and I got more results, although still only about 15 or so.

It's not so much a box as it is getting to the last page of the search and after the last search find it informing you that Google hid several duplicate links and asking if you would like to see them. But I had about twelve pages to hunt though.

I've used the following in Google:

site:dragcave.net "It looks very sick, as though it wasn't very well looked after."

In search tools click Verbatim and than on the end of the page click "include omitted results" (or something like that).

This gave me several pages.

I didn't see an option to include duplicates.

I don't know if people are looking for them or not, but...

I have a frozen Frill hatchling if people want a boost. smile.gif

Currently on page 2 of my scroll.

Really wish I could just have this stuff unlocked..Since I don't feel like re-raising a TON of dragons that I already own. I don't like having too many of each species...so I literally can't unlock anything unless I click on hundreds of adults and stuff...

Kinda sucks. =/

Really wish I could just have this stuff unlocked..Since I don't feel like re-raising a TON of dragons that I already own. I don't like having too many of each species...so I literally can't unlock anything unless I click on hundreds of adults and stuff...

Kinda sucks. =/

It's really not that bad. Do a little every day and you'll be done in no time.

And I have actually unlocked a lot of stuff just with my regular DC activity. It really isn't that bad except for a few things like Black Alts, NDs, chickens, etc. and those I just see as a challenge. wink.gif

What a random comment for an informative encyclopedia...And why is it under hatchling behaviour?

(replaced breed name to avoid spoilers for those on different forum backgrounds)

Why, of course you should adore [them]. They’re positively perfect in every way.

Edited by Ashywolf

What a random comment for an informative encyclopedia...And why is it under hatchling behaviour?

(replaced breed name to avoid spoilers for those on different forum backgrounds)

Why, of course you should adore [them]. They’re positively perfect in every way.

Considering the breed in question can be a bit vain, I assume it was a joke, as if the dragons had written it in themselves: why of COURSE they are the best, most perfect, lovely young hatchlings one could ask for, so the only natural thing is to love them the best!

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Personally, I got nearly everything unlocked in just five hours on the first day. xd.png

And today, I unlocked the remaining breed data on EVERY breed (except ND). I only have 106 ND hatchies left to click and then I've got everything.

I only need 20 more Neglected hatchlings then I'm done that one.

Googled them, that's where I got the last hundred. Thanks for that suggestion.