TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

Welp, I still need to click 79 more ND hatchies.

Be sure to Google for them regularly, though, I knocked about five out just today because people are making them.

Just have 77 ND hatchies left to find, myself. If you're googling, and a hatchie comes up with a scroll link, be sure to click on that, too, and scroll through the user's other things. I found a scroll with more than 100 ND adults that way. O.O

I've got everything except I need 152 neglected hatchies.

What do you put in the google search? I've tried googling with 'neglected hatchies' and 'neglected dragons' but I'm doing something wrong because I'm just being sent to the same old places (Which have been no help at all.)

What do you put in the google search? I've tried googling with 'neglected hatchies' and 'neglected dragons'  but I'm doing something wrong because I'm just being sent to the same old places (Which have been no help at all.)

I am down needing 146 dry.gif

I googled: dragcave.net "It looks very sick, as though it wasn't very well looked after."

and it had produced a few. When clicking on a link be sure to change view to lineage to see it or it won't count. I checked yesterday and got a few other ones.

Good luck!

Actually, I've never made that change when clicking view links I got through Google, and they still counted.

Either way, that Google tip actually was effective for observing NDs. A few days of it got me from needing 100+ hatchlings to having unlocked all observations for the breed. Now I can focus on all of the others I still need observations for.

I am down needing 146 dry.gif

I googled: dragcave.net "It looks very sick, as though it wasn't very well looked after."

and it had produced a few. When clicking on a link be sure to change view to lineage to see it or it won't count. I checked yesterday and got a few other ones.

Good luck!

Add "Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon." before the dragon description. It'll make it easier for google to find the hatchlings instead of hatchlings and forum pages. I didn't have to change any of the links from Views to Lineage to make them count.

What do you put in the google search? I've tried googling with 'neglected hatchies' and 'neglected dragons'  but I'm doing something wrong because I'm just being sent to the same old places (Which have been no help at all.)

How do you know how many you need?

And why in the world do you need that many?

I needed 5 or so???

But 150????

Edited by Nalyua

How do you know how many you need?

And why in the world do you need that many?

I needed 5 or so???

But 150????

You need a total of 200 ND hatchling observations (plus I think 150 adults) to unlock all the breed information. There's a bar at the bottom and text that shows you what you need to raise or observe to unlock the next line of info.

Edited by Kith

I don't know if anyone's brought this up, and I'm not sure where to post it, but anyone who has a Dino egg may want to watch them carefully.

Almost every Dino egg I've seen in the hatcheries are sick. I know some of the 'Sickness' dynamics have changed, so if this is useless info, let me know & I'll delete this.

It is possible to get the Neglected breed entirely unlocked. I have done it.

Everyone watch new release eggs put into the hatcheries or rares such as paper eggs, chicken eggs and cheese eggs and as the previous post mentions, dinos.

The same will apply for holidays such as the oncoming Christmas season. It might be best to hold your eggs until they aren't brand new on your scroll due to the expectation of views for the egg slots for the holiday breeds.

Google searching helped, but I still need 82 more ND hatchies. I am not in a hurry, though. I'm still working my way through the chickens, too, but I have not been to LBD's scroll, yet. I still need 352 of those.

I still need Dino eggs, too, but if we are making those sick I can hold off for awhile. I only need the yellow and green ones anyway.

Actually, I thought that the Silvers, Goldes, and Zombies would be some of the must difficult to unlock completely. It turned out that the Zombies and Goldsa were some of the first I unlocked. Now, I still need 53 ND hatchlings and 11 Spitfire hatchlings.

Anyway, getting them all has been fun.

I have suffered sickness on my scroll in the past month. I have to keep it hidden now.

Edited by Starscream

Anyone know when the Desipis (Halloween 2014) will be added?

or the Black Sweetling?

Only TJ knows when any of the breeds will be added. The artists write the info, and TJ adds them when he can. I can assure that the Desipises will have an entry soon, but there is not currently any ETA.

Edited by PieMaster

Only need 4 Neglected hatchlings now.

And...does anyone have loads of random frozen hatchlings I can look at? I lost the link to a scroll that had many...

In the Book of DC Records, there is a scroll with the most frozen hatchies. Can't remember the name offhand, but it is in the Site Discussion section.

Only TJ knows when any of the breeds will be added. The artists write the info, and TJ adds them when he can. I can assure that the Desipises will have an entry soon, but there is not currently any ETA.

Does that mean that all new breeds going forward will have information to unlock? Otherwise, I'm not sure why most new breeds couldn't be given the bare minimum page with just the sprites to collect observations for.

I hate the fact that we have to unlock the dragons we already own. Just unlock them automatically. More dragons will be released for however long the site exists people can have fun unlocking those. Its already hard to find the dinos and they dont even breed to make it easier to unlock them. The encyclopedia is confusing enough already since, on the main page some of the sprites of the dragons ive owned before the encyclopedia was put into action show up and some are dark grey even though ive viewed all of them.

There are a lot of dragons and its a pain to breed all of my dragons to unlock it. Certainly if i feel like its so much trouble i can not do it but its been released to enjoy and i would enjoy it more if i didnt have to put in dragons that i already own. Its not practical

Edited by roxasxaxel

I was about to suggest the encyclopedia helpers thread and the book of records thread to the above post, thinking that that kind of helps a lot, but then I thought about people who aren't on the forums at all, or people who are but aren't familiar with the relevant sections, and for them it could seem incredibly daunting. I wonder if a note somewhere on the main encyclopedia page, or the help section, could point to the threads? It would be making unofficial threads basically official, though, and would take away from what I presume is an intentional amount of effort being presented as required, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there anyway.

(If this idea seemed to be received with a lot of discussion I would think it might belong in a suggestion thread, but wouldn't make my own due to energy (keeping the first post updated). If anyone wants to quote me and link here please feel free.)

Yes! Finally got all the breeds unlocked. Well,the ones that have the information complete. Now, to wait for Christmas and Valentane's Day to get the eggs that I'm missing. biggrin.gif

I don't know if anyone has my same problem: I unlocked all the notes for the blacks, I clicked on TONS of alt blacks, but the adult sprite near the curled alt black hatchie never unlock.

I don't think I never click on 15 alt black from curled alt in over 500 click on adult dragons (and over alf on alt dragons)... is it a bug? is it a problem only I have?

I don't know if anyone has my same problem: I unlocked all the notes for the blacks, I clicked on TONS of alt blacks, but the adult sprite near the curled alt black hatchie never unlock.

I don't think I never click on 15 alt black from curled alt in over 500 click on adult dragons (and over alf on alt dragons)... is it a bug? is it a problem only I have?

No, it isn't a glitch. The curled alts are just much less common than the sitting ones. I checked the lineage of all the black dragons I came across on any scroll I visited and clicked on any black alts I found. It took me 460 adults to find enough and those were mostly alts, too. Just keep trying and you will get there.