TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

This is how I understand it. To me, it's a new mini-game. With that in mind, it makes sense to start everyone at 0 but with the ability to observe all the dragons you've raised previously to count toward getting information. I do wish that the stats were accurate - that is, I've raised X number of the breed, but X since 10-22-14 that count toward the encyclopedia. The little inaccuracy there drives me nuts.

However, since I see it as such - a mini-game that is meant to take a long time to complete - I'm happy with it. I'd rather my old dragons didn't count toward unlocking information other than through observation. I understand the folks that aren't pleased with that, though.

I see it this way as well, as a new mini-game.

I have "observed" so many dragons and scrolls. I like unlocking the shadows and the links on pages.

For me, Dragon Cave is a fun game that helps me learn patience. So I don't mind having to unlock things over time. I'm probably going to raise a bunch more of the breeds I haven't already stocked up on. I feel it will add what I think will be a fun addition to the game.

I've been clicking away in the Wilderness trying to unlock as many of these dragons as possible. A good way to pass the time while waiting for the old Halloween dragon breedings to start smile.gif

ugh...

I wish the dragons we own would count... if not all, at least the neglected (and other really rare ones).

mine did. i clicked all of mine, then i only needed to click 2 more of each breed.

Wow! I think this is a really cool and fun idea. It'll definitely keep me busy for a good while. However, I am a bit peeved about the dragons we own not counting towards the count of "adults raised," especially towards things like the Guardians of Nature and other such rare breeds. In the GoN's case, I already have my three; I can't get anymore. And if our previous dragons don't count, my GoN's page will always have "0 adults raised", and that seriously bugs me.

Wow! I think this is a really cool and fun idea. It'll definitely keep me busy for a good while. However, I am a bit peeved about the dragons we own not counting towards the count of "adults raised," especially towards things like the Guardians of Nature and other such rare breeds. In the GoN's case, I already have my three; I can't get anymore. And if our previous dragons don't count, my GoN's page will always have "0 adults raised", and that seriously bugs me.

You do know, that you can unlock everything just by observing, without actually raising anything, right?

And since only you can see your Encyclopedia page - this stats only seen by you...

So this stats there, they are just a reference for you - how much you raised/observed and how much more you need to raise/observe (until you next unlock of sprite/information).

Edited by Helel

I need Old Pinks to unlock the image more.

TJ09 I have a question, for retired breeds like bright pinks, isn't it impossible to complete the "observe 5 or own 1 egg"?

Perhaps this could be a moment where we can have it completed when we've owned them before the encylopedia was implemented.

Edited by Ashywolf

Superb stuff this Encyclopedia. Just wonder, what about Magic and Elements? Will there be a story, a game or something like that, were we could find Elements and use Magic.

Have a nice HW week smile.gif

Aaaaand in other news, the graphics just completely shattered.

Holiday sprites, hoooo!

THIS outta be interesting with the encyclopedia in place. tongue.gif

Kind of took me by surprise when I was doing my 'last thing before hitting my bed' check to see where I stand on completion, and went "where did all the sprites go?"

Edit: Just thought it was the encyclopedia glitching up the wazzoo with increased users or something, but then noticed the same phenomenon on my scroll. Then the bronze shimmers started doing the funky. So there we have it.

Edited by Wends

Aaaaand in other news, the graphics just completely shattered.

Glad I am not the only one.

===========================

You’ve unlocked all of the observations for this breed.

Chickens CHECK

Zombies CHECK

ND's "Raise 28 more hatchlings, or observe 139 more hatchlings." Hmmm....

It's fun.

Very sad that the images don't work anymore. I haven't been able to come online for a while and now when I can, I can't see a thing.. sad.gif

Also kinda bummed that my dragons owned and stuff isn't accurate. I understand that everyone needs to start of clean but this really annoys me.

Edited by xxxdoortjexxx

Well we broke the adult images  happy.gif

Or - they are just dressing up for Halloween ?

Wouldn't be the first year of costumed adults. wink.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Btw I think the broken images may not be a glitch. My female bronzes look rather.. different to say the least xd.png They may be putting in Halloween stuff I think.

Chickens CHECK

Zombies CHECK

ND's "Raise 28 more hatchlings, or observe 139 more hatchlings." Hmmm....

It's fun.

I'm coming to the conclusion that more people need to freeze NDs! xd.png Fortunately, I like making them... tongue.gif I'm on raise 28/observe 140 now, but it's impossible to look for more with the site glitching out. :s

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I'm coming to the conclusion that more people need to freeze NDs! xd.png Fortunately, I like making NDs... tongue.gif I'm on raise 28/observe 140 now, but it's impossible to look for more with the site glitching out. :s

you need to have some, to freeze some xd.png

Good to see I'm not going insane about seeing (or NOT seeing as the case may be...tongue.gif ) broken sprites. But...another thing that is broken is the badges up at the top... Now, I'm pretty sure the badges aren't going to be dressing up for Halloween... xd.png

Edit: Sprite-ninja'd. The sprites are back, nevermind. xd.png

As for the Encyclopedia...this looks like fun...but as others have stated, I'm not fond of the discrepency of number of dragons raised on the encyclopedia pages to ACTUAL number of dragons raised...can't that number be the real number...even if you still have to unlock info (which I DO like, BTW ). The number raised should still be the actual number, IMO.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

As for the Encyclopedia...this looks like fun...but as others have stated, I'm not fond of the discrepency of number of dragons raised on the encyclopedia pages to ACTUAL number of dragons raised...can't that number be the real number...even if you still have to unlock info (which I DO like, BTW ). The number raised should still be the actual number, IMO.

Exactly this. I don't mind unlocking everything at all, but the fact that almost thousand dragons aren't in my encyclopedia is really annoying me.

One amazing thing about the addition of the new encyclopedia is how many clicks my hatchies are getting now. Wow... people are stalking scrolls and fan sites hot and heavy! Lol.

Loving the encyclopedia and unlocking the breeds biggrin.gif