TJ09

2014-09-10 - Preview: Site Redesign

Wonder if the clock will be DC time or player local time?

And yes, the painting is gobsmackingly gorgeous!

Wonder if the clock will be DC time or player local time?

And yes, the painting is gobsmackingly gorgeous!

I would think DC time, that way you can always know when events and such are happening that are posted in the forums on dc time.

Looking forward to these new changes. Not sure how I feel about some dragons being only available at night.

It's not a new change, it's just talking about sunrises/sunsets as well as the glory drakes. smile.gif

O' TJ, why do you taunt us so? Showing us bits of screen, but still, only bits. Nonetheless, I'm super psyched! If that's how nice those tiny screenshots look, I expect the site as a whole to be amazing! I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

Everything looks amazing with an extra ZING. I'm guessing the eggs already released will show up like the old site design, or will they still be hidden? And if their images do show up, do new releases get hidden for spoiler's sake?

Dat painting tho

user posted image

The clock mang the CLOCK

I was so happy thinking we get a cave with real pictures of the eggs until I figured it's an old picture... Bring it back, bring it back! xd.png This would be such a help to actually see the eggs instead of reading the Wiki over and over and trying to remember which egg is which.

Have to inform a friend of mine, she was already so happy about this as well lol

Agreed! I'm severely vision impaired, and being able to see the eggs is a massive help!

I hope there will still be a light-text, dark-background theme.

I'm sure whatever TJ decides to do will be nice. It's already looking great!

Oh please yes! I love the design where it shows you the picture of the egg your picking up! biggrin.gif Thank You TJ.

TJ hasn't actually revealed if we'll see the eggs or not. I strongly suspect it'll still be mystery eggs. Keep in mind that picture of the black cave with visible eggs is the old, old design. It probably has newer eggs on it because TJ had to use it again since he didn't have an old screenie of it.

On topic of the...topic, I am gonna miss the old layout. Regardless, this new design actually looks pretty cool! It's definitely going to look more inviting and involved for new users versus the old-school one.

I certainly hope he will keep the current default as another theme, and make the new default theme, well...the default theme.

Personally I prefer Blackout but I might give the new one a try just to see how purrrdy it looks.

Ooh, I never thought of time-based egg availability. It would at least make some drops more predictable.

TJ hasn't actually revealed if we'll see the eggs or not. I strongly suspect it'll still be mystery eggs. Keep in mind that picture of the black cave with visible eggs is the old, old design. It probably has newer eggs on it because TJ had to use it again since he didn't have an old screenie of it.

That's what I'm hoping for. The mystery I mean. It kind of takes the fun out of it if you're seeing what you're grabbing.

Well I can't say I won't miss the old layout (the classic scroll skin will always be the best) I'm excited to see things revamped. Especially with new awesome art by Nasake.

"Look at that awesome painting. Look at it."

"Even the errors are pretty."

pff, these made me chuckle a bit internally.

Sweetness, looking forward to stuff :U

Ooh, I never thought of time-based egg availability. It would at least make some drops more predictable.

That pic in the first post is likely referring to glories and the hatching of sunset/rise dragons. =o

I think, anyway.

That's what I'm hoping for. The mystery I mean. It kind of takes the fun out of it if you're seeing what you're grabbing.

Er, it's not really a mystery if you are familiar with the descriptions. (And if you don't know what dragon it which, being able to see the egg does not detract from mystery, I think?)

Mmmm, dat PT Serif body text.

You have no idea how hard I cracked up from that. XD

But seriously, it looks nice, particularly when paired with the other font(s). It's still simple but it doesn't look as basic, if you know what I mean? It's the main reason on Word I like using Cambria or Calibri over Times. :U

Nakase's art is also nice. Make her do Portal-themed art now for a skin hurr durr

That pic in the first post is likely referring to glories and the hatching of sunset/rise dragons. =o

I think, anyway.

though it has nothing to do with availability, for some reason the first thing in my head was "Oh! It's talking about Nocturnes!" But now I realize they aren't available at any specific time and the only sort of relevant thing is that they change forms. x:

---

Before I read the caption, I actually thought the visible eggs would be a feature like if you have the data for the egg or something (basically raised to adulthood, or something to do with the encyclopedia), that eggs would become visible. :U

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Er, it's not really a mystery if you are familiar with the descriptions. (And if you don't know what dragon it which, being able to see the egg does not detract from mystery, I think?)

A lot of people are more visual - it's easier to grab eggs based on looks than figure out which particular 'moist' or 'gleaming' or 'tiny' egg happens to be up for grabs at the moment. tongue.gif