TJ09

2014-09-10 - Preview: Site Redesign

That's right. A clock. Try not to get too excited.

OK, I'm trying. Really trying. But squeeeee! A clock! That's gonna be so very awesome. xd.png

And the painting looks absolutely gorgeous.

These look like they are going to be awesome! Can't wait to see them inplemented! biggrin.gif

Very nice.

One small thing - it looks lovely - but heavier. I'm fine with it here, but will there be a "lite" version for people on dial up or capped (as in 5GB per month blink.gif ) people ? I see others have raised this.... It IS an issue, even in today's allegedly everyone has hi-speed and brand new machines world.

I love the new design! Nakase's art is amazing! I can't wait to see the new picture. And the Clock!

Thanks for giving us this preview smile.gif

Awesome! I've always thought about a dark cave wih eggs background behind the scroll wink.gif great job TJ, thanks!

I hope that these new features will add also a more detailed and well colored map to the site!

As long as the new design is not very graphics intensive... I know some people lag with the current site... so something fancy with lots of little lag causing bits will make egg hunting suck even worse for people with older computers / slow internet connections

(and please no response of then they need to get a better computer or they need a better isp... some times it's not possible / affordable to upgrade either of those two things... my net sucks, but we have the -best- option available where I live, it's a location thing)

Good Point.

I only have a data stick with 3G at home, not having DSL or Cable or whatever at my place.

Edited by lilysally

Oooh, a clock. I already use one I quite like, but this will definitely help people in other time zones know when to catch/hatch their glories/suns. happy.gif

Edited by Tehya Faye

Neat, TJ!

Oh, that was one of the very first designs? I didn't know the egss were visible, back then.

Seems I started playing years after that.

Daaaaammmmn.I actually remember that particular setup...twas truly EVIL during the new release floods. tongue.gif I'm liking the new one and the little balloon saying that only certain dragons can be caught at night next to the clock reminds me of a couple of the Pokémon games that have both day and night pokemon.Very cool. cool.gif

As long as the new design is not very graphics intensive... I know some people lag with the current site... so something fancy with lots of little lag causing bits will make egg hunting suck even worse for people with older computers / slow internet connections

(and please no response of then they need to get a better computer or they need a better isp... some times it's not possible / affordable to upgrade either of those two things... my net sucks, but we have the -best- option available where I live, it's a location thing)

My thoughts exactly. We're really limited for both speed and data here so I always opt for the "light" site versions everywhere I can. The current layout isn't usually too bad for me - and if it gets laggy, I turn my images off. But I know some users don't have that option/knowledge or are on even slower connections than mine.

That said, I will be interested to see the final design and if/how the site skins change to accommodate it. smile.gif

Even the errors are pretty. biggrin.gif

That clock is going to be very useful for those day/night breeds, I always have to convert in my local time zone and such. smile.gif

The art is simply amazing and the clock idea will be very useful, can't wait to see it when it's finished smile.gif

The clock would be more useful with seconds displayed

(unless it'll be lagging anyway)

why?

at least for NEGLECTED dragons smile.gif

and for cave drops!

I tried to use the clock on one of the click sites but it's slightly too slow and lags, so I have to refresh exactly at the point of gettign an egg to neglect. I have a trade: I send eggs to ND and the person takes it and attempts to ND, I must provide te exact time of breeding the eggs. I can't just use my own private clock you see. We nned to use exactly the same clock.

But if the egg got an exact info when it was bred/caught by second, then no need for secnds in the clock for that:P

Beautiful painting of eggs indeed, those colours...

but in september there are no new eggs ? sad.gif

Maybe, maybe not, but you can't just assume that because TJ made this announcement. The month isn't over, yet! wink.gif

Will be interesting to see the new layout. Beautiful art by Nakase from what I can see. I join others in hoping it is not too graphics intensive, though. The clock is not a big deal for me since I am on cave time anyway, but I know it has been something many users have wanted for a long time.

Edited by purplehaze

Yes… Yes… I do kinda agree that DC as a whole was a bit bland, but while I did like the simplicity, I welcome this change! ^^