TJ09

2014-09-10 - Preview: Site Redesign

Will this very pretty new layout, or at least the clock, be added to the mobile version of the site?

Looks amazing, Nakase! Wow!

Ooh, this new layout looks very nice. I hope it doesn't take longer to load, though. Right now, I'm using my brother's tablet. It loads stuff pretty easily, and takes about a minute tops to load a page filled with dragons. But my own. Ugh, that thing is so laggy. Not just on here, on everything. So let's hope it doesn't load any slower than the current layout.

It does look awesome, though. Those sexy errors.

So since Nakase designed the cave normal users will be using, as the artist does she get an alt cave?? And if we trade for offspring from her alt cave will it reflect this in their Biome?

Or do eggs from her cave have sprites with purple transparency/ background underlay?

teehee .... moving to her Biome ...

I doubt it. Of course I can't say anything for certain, but it would take a lot of work to create a layout just for one user to use. It's not the same as getting an alt dragon or anything like that. Besides, there wouldn't be much benefit from it. It's not like you can breed a layout or use it for lineages/trade fodder xd.png

Please please please DON'T add these Crapbook "Like"-buttons etc. they suck :I

Otherwise, I'm always a little nervous about new designs, but since so many sites got trough this and became more awesome afterwards, I am eager to see what it will look like!

(I bet it will be awsome!)

I doubt it. Of course I can't say anything for certain, but it would take a lot of work to create a layout just for one user to use. It's not the same as getting an alt dragon or anything like that. Besides, there wouldn't be much benefit from it. It's not like you can breed a layout or use it for lineages/trade fodder XD

I think natayah was joking. XD

But yeah, I doubt it would ACTUALLY happen, anyway.

I highly doubt there would be "Like" buttons aside from the regular social media one, based on something TJ said here:

This is something that cannot be implemented for policy reasons.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, if you use social media you can share/like things that way, but on-site cannot happen.

I assume it still applies to what I think you're referring to. o3o

There are already social media buttons if you turn them on, and Facebook is among them, so I don't think anything else will be added.

Otherwise, I'm always a little nervous about new designs, but since so many sites got trough this and became more awesome afterwards, I am eager to see what it will look like!

(I bet it will be awsome!)

Where do you see anything about Facebook "like" buttons? There is nothing in the post about like buttons or Facebook.

Adding like or dislike buttons to the forum/site has been discussed in the past but always shot down because it makes everything a popularity contest. I have yet to see an argument in suggestions to make TJ change his mind on that. (Not saying he can't but there doesn't seem to be enough positive reasoning at this time)

Did we get a new dragon this month ?

Not yet... since TJ isn't doing releases consistently on the first weekends of the months any more, we don't know when the September release will be. See this thread for speculation. smile.gif

Edited by Dimar

Not yet. Last month was the last scheduled release; we'll still be getting monthly releases, likely on weekends (but not necessarily!), but they can be any time of the month, somewhat like they used to be.

looks awesome cant wait biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I know.

I am so excited for it. biggrin.gif

Looks really neat, I love the painting that we're about to get

I just hope not many dragons will only be available through night/day because the time zone I'm in is really bad for DC dragon catching dry.gif

I just hope not many dragons will only be available through night/day because the time zone I'm in is really bad for DC dragon catching  dry.gif

It's probably not going to be any different than it is now. We already have Glory Drakes and Sunrises/Sunsets that are only available at certain times of the day, so that's more than likely what the note in the screenshot is referring to.

I'll just add my name to the I like the clock crowd. so much easier than constantly having to work out cave time -nice one TJ smile.gif

maybe I will now have a little more success with night glories especially with the new little moon icon

also adding my name to the concerns about loading times- don't get me wrong I love the pretty egg paintings etc . they are beautiful Nakase. but my internet can be slow and has restrictions - we don't have cable in my area -and some areas are only just starting to get fibre.

Thanks for the update , It sounds exciting

Edited by velvet_paw

My Leetle Tree is showing fogged during sort. I have never noticed that before. Is that deliberate, or glitch? TJ? Anyone?

Looks really neat, I love the painting that we're about to get

I just hope not many dragons will only be available through night/day because the time zone I'm in is really bad for DC dragon catching  dry.gif

it probably relates to sunset/sunrise day/night glories. I do not think there are too many that are like that. This would indicate to those who are looking for day glories, they'd get night at that particular hour or visa versa.

trading for day or nights would not be overly difficult if needs be.

Edited by Starscream

My Leetle Tree is showing fogged during sort. I have never noticed that before. Is that deliberate, or glitch? TJ? Anyone?

Probably a glitch. It's been reported in TLQ.

The new design looks great! I love the artwork teaser and also love the choice of font. Those serifs... user posted image

Can't wait for the update!