TJ09

2014-09-10 - Preview: Site Redesign

zaverxi  Posted on Sep 12 2014, 02:13 PM

Imagine if Dragcave was created in the 90s.

EVERYONE had dialup then, those who had internet at all.

And just keep in mind, a good portion of the playerbase is older than TJ

OMG Dial up just shoot me if I ever have to go back to it. and heck I am old enough to be his mom lmao

TJ, you keep getting more and more awesome with each post you make in this thread.

It looks beautiful, but I am a little concerned about the idea of certain eggs only being catchable at certain times of day. That makes things harder on folks with a strict schedule.

It looks beautiful, but I am a little concerned about the idea of certain eggs only being catchable at certain times of day. That makes things harder on folks with a strict schedule.

Well your concern comes a bit late, given that such behavior has been around for years.

It's just referring to dragons like Sunsets and Night Glories that are affected by time, not anything new with the drops.

-And their counterparts, Sunrises and Day Glories, of course. My brain was stuck on night because of the screenshot in the first post. x3

Edited by Dimar

Kinda surprised so many people haven't noticed that there are already dragons that are time dependent...

Beautiful looking error message screenshot tongue.gif crummy jokes aside, I'm looking forward to these changes!

Edited by Ultra

Great job. I like it. Will there be a link to the encyclopedia somewhere?

How is the encyclopedia going, anyway?

Oh my gosh that background screenshot is so beautiful! Almost 6 years of playing the game with a cave-wall brown behind my scroll, this is gonna be so different - and vibrant! Thank you Nakase! And thank you TJ, it'll look like you're holding your scroll up with the scenery in the background, how nice! I'm sure that's what you guys were thinking smile.gif Not that there was anything wrong with the design imo xd.png But change is good!

But, wouldn't it be great if the background changed between the six biomes? Some snow at the cave mouth in the Mountains, a yellow limestone cave rather than a brown one on the Coast, maybe with a few seashells on the floor, the same yellow cave for the Desert except without the shells (of course), instead maybe a few scorpions sheltering from the hot sun, a healthy layer of leave litter piling up at the entrance to the cave in the Forest and Jungle, maybe even some flowers and vines respectively, and black volcanic rock with crystals and jems poking out through the walls of the Volcano cave. That would be so magical! Maybe that's already the plan? wink.gif

Lovely, simply lovely, creative, refreshing, and welcomed with great anticipation. I didn't read every single note in this thread (yet), but I know there has been previous mention about being able have a quick link to an eggs/hatchlings/adult dragon's lineage from more than just the one current page. Especially important while choosing a suitable mate after the Action option has provided an available list. Just to bring this idea back to the fore.

Thank-you for all the work and ingenuity you're kicking into high gear with your identified ideas from this thread and building in even more changes.

TJ you make me love this site more each week or month! Thank you so much for what you and all your spriters and artists do! I appreciate it all!

Love the skin update!

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

I wanted to say that I'm really excited about the idea that not only are new releases a bit more random, but some of these "new release" are site or coding or other things we've asked for "releases", and to me, these can be just exciting(if not more) than upcoming new breeds. Even the sneak peek or things in limited testing.

It makes me know there is more going on with the game than just the dragon egg collecting, and thats the kinda stuff I need to stay interested. With a busy lifestyle, I need a lil more to keep me coming back.

It also makes me want to keep myself involved with other players, and it gives me more reminders to make me want to consider those extra donations to help out. I know you aren't asking for them, but these are the things that are the personal pop ups to remind me that if I haven't donated, maybe I should consider doing it. Otherwise I would never remember! Especially if my interest is starting to wane off and on.

Super Thanks, TJ! It looks great and I appreciate it rolls out. I think its great from a marketing perspective.

OH MY GOD GUYS THE FULLLLL IMAGE IS ON NAKASE'S WEBSITE ITS ****ING UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

CLICK FOR EPIC ART!!!!!!! (Link removed. I was told this wasn't supposed to be leaked, so I removed this. So sorry if I've caused trouble ^^' -slp0001)

CANNOT CONTAIN EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!

...Eh-hem. Excuse me while I go faint.

~

Naka, you got some seriously epic skills there. *Bows*

THIS

IS

no

i cannot accept such

such

such

EPICNESS

EXISTS! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me while I go fangirl.

OK, I'm done. This is SERIOUSLY SO EPIC. It's beautiful. You guys...

;.;

This looks like some incredible new improvements! I love it all. It looks like a wonderful job so far. I cannot wait!!!

Edited by slp0001

OH MY GOD GUYS THE FULLLLL IMAGE IS ON NAKASE'S WEBSITE ITS ****ING UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

CLICK FOR EPIC ART!!!!!!!

CANNOT CONTAIN EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!

...Eh-hem. Excuse me while I go faint.

~

Naka, you got some seriously epic skills there. *Bows*

There are literally NO words for how amazing this is. If all of the pages are going to look like this, I won't miss my default scroll skin at all. Nasake, you rock.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

It's just referring to dragons like Sunsets and Night Glories that are affected by time, not anything new with the drops.

-And their counterparts, Sunrises and Day Glories, of course. My brain was stuck on night because of the screenshot in the first post. x3

I thought the sunrise/sunsets are determined by when they hatch, not when they are caught. Am I wrong?

I had forgotten about the day/night glories, though.

That is correct. Sunrises are only available in the day, and sunsets are only available at night. They're more forgiving than glories because you just need to fog and unfog them to get what you want.

Edited by Tehya Faye