TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

Wonderful adults - really, really pretty. For me the best we've had for some time - but that's just my personal choice.

I'm really sad it seems as if the Yellow ones won't be gettable via the Cave (unless as someone suggested it's a seasonal things but I must say if it is, I would have expected the yellow in spring/summer and the blue in autumn/winter).

I'm extra disappointed because despite blue being my favourite colour, I actually have a preference for the yellow ones and can imagine some wonderful lineages (both PB and checker-board) with them. But if they are bred only that won't be possible sad.gif

I just hope we know very soon just how to obtain the yellows ones as despite loving mystery stories I am not enjoying the 'mystery' smile.gif

Anyway, thank you again to the spriters for designing these beauties and to TJ for releasing them.

Nice sprites as always, I remember them from DR.

I caught LOTS of new eggs, in quantity of... one two. laugh.gif I dunno, I don't feel as enthusiastic towards DC in general than I used to be a couple of months ago.

Edited by Light Concorde

Theories on the alts

1. Maybe they are for those who hatch later?

2. Maybe they need to be fogged for a certain long amount of time before they hatch, just like how plants that don't receive enough sunlight becomes yellow?

3. Bred-only?

I love that 2nd idea of yours. I don't believe this is the case with undines, but I'd love to see this in some future dragon concept xd.png

This is absolutly one of the best relases we had in last few months, imo. I love the adults! They have wonderful anatomy, pose and shades on their body.

Male's wing are so perfect! You can see every muscle. I usually don't like fur on dragons, but for this one is totally perfect. As I previously said bright green and purple aren't easy to mix on the same dragon, but if you do a good job the result is amazing. Thankyou so much for relasing this dragon!

Edited by Naruhina_94

Has anyone noticed that the male and female kiss when put together?

Yep! So CUTE!

And no fair you won't tell the Yellow's alt secret /* glares and then smiles */

I love the adults! Thanks so much, Wookienmashoo, Shiny Hazard Sign and Little Art Girl for the beautiful art work and Ferus for the great concept!

Have fun!

Edited by Sheriziya

Absolutely gorgeous! I love those fluffy 'manes'! I really like how detailed and shiny they look. I hope these artists have more of their work released. smile.gif I liked the green dragons best as babies and that holds true for the adults as well. It'll be nice to have some yellow dragons, too, but I'm happy that the green is dominant.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I'm so surprised these guys turned out so good, since I didn't like the hatchlings. Talk about pulling off such an ugly colour combination and making something good out of it! These guys look great.

so when will we learn how to get yellows, this is my first release with an Alt type Dragon

I'm assuming the yellow ones are just breeding exclusive. (I still don't get the eight eggs part...)

Hatchling dimorphism, thus 4 of them would get frozen. TJ just forgets 'em as of late tongue.gif

Ooohhh, what beautiful adults !

They really lived up to the promise the hatchies made, and the postures are very original and do look really cool, very lively ! I very much like the overall build of them, too - well proportioned, muscular, but not too heavy; very detailed, but still with very clear lines. Four legs, clearly separated wings (not membranes along the whole body), a body that looks rather like a lion than a snake or a reptile, a head with a snout and not too many spikes/horns/whatever - that's exactly how I love my dragons ! And they keep their mouth shut, which is an optical plus in almost any case ! wink.gif

I love the manes, too, very nice touch ! They could have looked a little softer and more waivy, like those of the Horse dragons or the Daydreams, but they are still very attractive.

I think I prefer the yellow sprite - the green one looks great, too, but that golden yellow is just such a wonderful shade of colour !

And many, many thanks for the description ! I'm happy about any description that gives more about a dragon than just some zoological facts, showing that it is a mythical creature rather than a simple animal - and this one is written very well, based on a lovely concept !

Now all I need to be entirely happy with this release is the first pair of yellow Undines (wonderful name, too!) on my scroll, so I hope I'm lucky when it comes to breeding. (Going with the guess of breed-only Alts here.)

Thank you, Little Art Girl, Shiny Hazard Sign, Wookienmashoo and TJ !

Ooohhh, what beautiful adults !

They really lived up to the promise the hatchies made, and the postures are very original and do look really cool, very lively ! I very much like the overall build of them, too - well proportioned, muscular, but not too heavy; very detailed, but still with very clear lines. Four legs, clearly separated wings (not membranes along the whole body), a body that looks rather like a lion than a snake or a reptile, a head with a snout and not too many spikes/horns/whatever - that's exactly how I love my dragons ! And they keep their mouth shut, which is an optical plus in almost any case ! wink.gif

I love the manes, too, very nice touch ! They could have looked a little softer and more waivy, like those of the Horse dragons or the Daydreams, but they are still very attractive.

I think I prefer the yellow sprite - the green one looks great, too, but that golden yellow is just such a wonderful shade of colour !

And many, many thanks for the description ! I'm happy about any description that gives more about a dragon than just some zoological facts, showing that it is a mythical creature rather than a simple animal - and this one is written very well, based on a lovely concept !

Now all I need to be entirely happy with this release is the first pair of yellow Undines (wonderful name, too!) on my scroll, so I hope I'm lucky when it comes to breeding. (Going with the guess of breed-only Alts here.)

Thank you, Little Art Girl, Shiny Hazard Sign, Wookienmashoo and TJ !

They are and ACTUALLY... the manes and tails sort of look more like waterplants than they do hair. I wonder if that was the intent. Nice effect if so, for an Undine dragon. biggrin.gif

Very nice!

So, for I'm too lazy to read through nearly 60 pages; they are 2 color variations. yes?

And I heard someone say they have a BSA....??

Very nice!

So, for I'm too lazy to read through nearly 60 pages; they are 2 color variations. yes?

And I heard someone say they have a BSA....??

Yes they do have two colors... though we don't know how to get the yellow ones yet.

As for the BSA, I don't think it has been confirmed if they do or not. Wishful thinking on someones part, I think. They might, but I don't know that we have any adults besides TJs to find out, just yet. Someone correct me on that if I am wrong.

Edited by Silverswift

Wow, the adults turned out great! I'm really liking the look of these Undines (When am I NOT satisfied with a new dragon, huh? :'D)! Can't wait to breed me some of the pretty alts. <3

I wish the artists would make their statement with more back story on the Undine and tell us how to get those wonderful yellow guys. These are very very wonderful dragons.

I wish the artists would make their statement with more back story on the Undine and tell us how to get those wonderful yellow guys. These are very very wonderful dragons.

If it's something TJ wants us to figure out on our own (part of the game is this figuring out how to make things work on our own) then they probably have been asked not to clue us in just yet.

I can't wait till mine grow up!!!

I'm not teeellliiinnnngggg biggrin.gif

You're so mean xd.png lol jk

My new ones have gendered can't wait to breed them with falconiforms :3

Extra agreed! Much love for these guys and last releases Cassare's descriptions. Hope TJ keeps favoring these types of dragons. :3

As I said before the art is gorgeous (wish little art girl was still active! ;A; ), but still not new favorite dragons. I'm very picky and seem to favor weird looking, super fluffy or eastern ones, so while they're very pretty I won't be hoarding too hard xd.png

Going to be stalking the artists scrolls to find how to get yellows 8D

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

not sure how I feel about these, but good work.

Does anyone else remember when the Release thread would be 200 pages long? I sure do.

I'm gonna whine and snivel til someone who knows how shares the 'dope' on how to get the yellows. I think these dragons are really nice!!

I'll be so sad if the only way to get those golden beauties is by breeding.