TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

My first EQ'd undine grew up and didn't give an egg. smile.gif I'll try the others once they grow up.

edit: The second refused its partner laugh.gif

edit2: 3rd and 4th gave "green" undine eggs - Bred undine x copper (one male and one female)

Edited by rubyshoes

In case anyone was still wondering, not incubating them does not affect what color they turn out. My non-influenced, non-eq'd, non-incubated one still came out green.

Yep, I discovered that yesterday as well. smile.gif

I hope mine won't reject any mates...granted, by the time I get around to breeding them we might have an idea on whether that method produces yellow Undines.

Edited by Tehya Faye

My first EQ'd undine grew up and didn't give an egg. smile.gif I'll try the others once they grow up.

edit2: 3rd and 4th gave "green" undine eggs - Bred undine x copper (one male and one female)

Well TJ's eggs were all one color, so we will have to wait until these hatch to see if you got a yellow. Also, if it is random chance, like blacks and vines, you could just have bad luck and get greens.

So we still don't know how to get alts - whether it's random, like with blacks and vines, or whether the second parent color/biome affects it like with coppers.

...aaaaaand now my other pair is named "Protector of Undies" and "Thief of Undies".   laugh.gif  Littleblackdog, I owe you a chicken for that laugh!

Okay! LOL

I took the name "Where Are The Yellow Undies".

Edited by littleblackdog

So we still don't know how to get alts - whether it's random, like with blacks and vines, or whether the second parent color/biome affects it like with coppers.

Nope we still don't know. Even once my bred ones hatch and if they hatch green it could just be my bad luck.

TJ's eggs were all green, right? So there's no way to tell if our bred eggs will "alt" until after hatching. This is quite a long wait to figure out how to get a gold Undine. And even after the 2nd gens start hatching, what if they too are green? I wish we could at least get a hint. unsure.gif

Is there any reason it's taking so long for any information to come in on how to get the yellow ones? I haven't been around for many releases, so I don't know how alts or anything get announced.

TJ's eggs were all green, right? So there's no way to tell if our bred eggs will "alt" until after hatching. This is quite a long wait to figure out how to get a gold Undine. And even after the 2nd gens start hatching, what if they too are green? I wish we could at least get a hint. unsure.gif

Yes. Tj's eggs were all green.

Is there any reason it's taking so long for any information to come in on how to get the yellow ones? I haven't been around for many releases, so I don't know how alts or anything get announced.

I'm not sure if they get explicitly announced, but I'm pretty sure we'll have to figure out this mystery ourselves. smile.gif

I'm hoping they at least have a decent chance of alting. I'm looking forward to getting a couple pretty yellow Undines. happy.gif

I'm not sure if they get explicitly announced, but I'm pretty sure we'll have to figure out this mystery ourselves. smile.gif

I'm hoping they at least have a decent chance of alting. I'm looking forward to getting a couple pretty yellow Undines. happy.gif

Ah okay. :3 I wasn't sure. Thanks for answering! I guess I will go back to stalking the thread and waiting. X3

I bred a male and female Undine pair and got an egg. I'll have to wait till it hatches to see if it's not green (hope, hope!). I tried a blue Water dragon female with my other male Undine, and they refused. So much for my "water spirit" theory. smile.gif

What color was the second one's partner? The refusal. I had a refusal with a Water.

What color was the second one's partner?  The refusal.  I had a refusal with a Water.

The second (and the first) was a gold.

edit: I still have one undine I could bred but since I'm egg locked I'll have to wait on that one. I'm thinking I'll try with spotted greenwings next as I like that combo.

Edited by rubyshoes

If you breed one with a GoN, you get the Avatar of Creation. Was kinda hoping for the Undie.

ETA: Wish one of my males would hurry up and mature so I can do the PB thing.

Later now and they weren't in the mood. dry.gif

Edited by oddsoxdi

Grrrrrrrr... still almost a day left until mine grow up and can be experimented upon... dry.gif

Must stop obsessing over how to get yellow ones!

I love the new undines. The sprites are awesome! Big props to the artist!

Grrrrrrrr... still almost a day left until mine grow up and can be experimented upon... dry.gif

Must stop obsessing over how to get yellow ones!

What if the energy from obsessing is what makes them yellow?!

Wish there were an equivalent BSA to EQ for hatchies - hit 'em with the grow up stick or something. If they get smacked too hard, they take longer to grow up. JKJK

Wish there were an equivalent BSA to EQ for hatchies - hit 'em with the grow up stick or something. If they get smacked too hard, they take longer to grow up. JKJK

Lmao

Ugh. Still 20 hours for my undi(n)es to grow up, breed, and if they give me an egg, still a couple days to see if they hatched alt... or more if it is like the nebulae, that only reveal themselves when gendered *pulls hair*

Hope someone spills the beans before I go bald xd.png

What if the energy from obsessing is what makes them yellow?!

Good point! I think I will start obsessing like crazy now! *Stares at eggs*