Take a look at the first page & you can see how pretty they are. biggrin.gif

I can't wait for my undines to grow up so I can breed them biggrin.gif

Curious to see whatgives a yellow biggrin.gif

Sany  Posted on Aug 6 2014, 01:21 PM

I can't wait for my undines to grow up so I can breed them biggrin.gif

Curious to see whatgives a yellow

This ^

Hopefully I will breed Gold/Yellow ones

ah I can't decide which color I like better! I guess I like the green ones the most...but the yellow is sooo pretty too!

ah I can't decide which color I like better! I guess I like the green ones the most...but the yellow is sooo pretty too!

Nope, it's the yellow one. xd.png Just kidding. They really are both so lovely that I think for a lot of us it will just come down to what colors we tend to favor. Personally, I think that's an awesome dilemma, when we have two choices and they're both so nice that we have a hard time picking which we think is the best. smile.gif

Does anyone else remember when the Release thread would be 200 pages long? I sure do.

I think part of that was because new dragons didn't come out nearly as often back then and so we partied hard every time until that forum would almost break under the weight of all our posts. laugh.gif

Instead of 'Undines' I keep seeing 'Undies'.  Forever tainted.  LOL

Pssst, I know the feel, I read "Yosofine" as "Yo' so fine" the first time I saw it and it's now forever stuck in my head.

And it's so hard to miss too since her username is blue and all.

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

I'm in love with the green ones, haha. I really hope that when breeding they have a chance to still be green, not be yellow depending on pairings xd.png. That's not to say I don't like the yellow too, just the green is gorgeous!

Mine gendered too! Now to think up names. Can't wait till we can breed these and find out more about them.

Instead of 'Undines' I keep seeing 'Undies'.  Forever tainted.  LOL

Hahahahaha oh that gave me a great idea. Went ahead and named a hatchling 'Undies Dragon" hahaha

Edited by manypets4me

Ok, I'll bite, what ARE your faves?

*laughs* Oh, sorry, that wasn't meant to sound mysterious.

Well, when I came here I instantly fell in love with the Royal Blues. Perfect sprites, wonderful character (in the description and in the forum post where Imbecamiel added to it).

Heartseeker, Shadow Walker, Two-headed Lindwurm (the green ones) and the Shimmer-scale (especially the bronzen one). The Golden Wyverns belong here, too, albeit mostly the females (too much gold-foil on the mail for me). And the Cassares, too, I guess. (Was there any additinal info about them ?)

So, well, the "top three" are more like a "top ten", but I guess you catch my drift. wink.gif

And now that I've written it, I remember I once made a list of favourites in my profile. Yes, well, getting older and so on... I should bring that up-to-date, though.

And about opinions and taste: Usually I only comment in all that elaborate detail if I like the dragon. If I don't (or at least am not overly fond), I just leave the comments to the people who love it, maybe mentioning that it isn't my cup of tea. Because I'm sure the spriters love their babies dearly, and I don't want to spoil their happiness of being released, just because the dragon doesn't fit my taste. Only in some cases, when the hatchie looked especially promising and the dragon takes a U-turn for me, I may mumble about it unhappily. wink.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

*considers the benefits of hoarding*

I know not everyone will like every dragon released. That's perfectly all right. And yes, more for me if you don't like them. biggrin.gif I think they look fantastic with my coppers, so I'm planning on doing a bit of breeding once I get adults. I'd like to get a few more too. *makes a note to go cave hunting once she gets back from town*

That is why it is great that there are so many breeds. biggrin.gif

There is more likely to be SOMETHING that a person likes, that way.

*laughs* Oh, sorry, that wasn't meant to sound mysterious.

Well, when I came here I instantly fell in love with the Royal Blues. Perfect sprites, wonderful character (in the description and in the forum post where Imbecamiel added to it).

Heartseeker, Shadow Walker, Two-headed Lindwurm (the green ones) and the Shimmer-scale (especially the bronzen one). The Golden Wyverns belong here, too, albeit mostly the females (too much gold-foil on the mail for me). And the Cassares, too, I guess. (Was there any additinal info about them ?)

So, well, the "top three" are more like a "top ten", but I guess you catch my drift. wink.gif

And now that I've written it, I remember I once made a list of favourites in my profile. Yes, well, getting older and so on... I should bring that up-to-date, though.

And about opinions and taste: Usually I only comment in all that elaborate detail if I like the dragon. If I don't (or at least am not overly fond), I just leave the comments to the people who love it, maybe mentioning that it isn't my cup of tea. Because I'm sure the spriters love their babies dearly, and I don't want to spoil their happiness of being released, just because the dragon doesn't fit my taste. Only in some cases, when the hatchie looked especially promising and the dragon takes a U-turn for me, I may mumble about it unhappily. wink.gif

Tri-horn dragon is best dragon. Fite meh.

Instead of 'Undines' I keep seeing 'Undies'. Forever tainted. LOL

Kind of like when someone mentioned the carmines looking phallic...CANNOT UNSEE.

A bit bummed we can't get these yellow ones as CB...would've loved for it the other way around (the gold's being the regulars) since we have a limited selection of yellows to breed with sad.gif

My Erseliks are the best

Personally I like Seragammas the best. I really like these guys, though. Probably not in my top three, but maybe top ten. My list is something like Seragamma, Frostbite, Hellfire, these guys, Bleeding Moon, Grey/Fog, and Guardian/Shield.

I love the males of these guys more than the females. The females just don't seem to match proportions very well (it's hard, but the problems are very obvious in these sprites), and her wings seem weird. We're seeing her from slightly behind, but yet her far wing is more forward than the near one? She's pretty, but her neck, head shape and size, and wings just don't seem proportional to the male. Her back legs also seem longer, though obviously more bent. I can look past differences in mane and overall size as dimorphism, but not really those other things. :U

My Erseliks are the best

Personally I like Seragammas the best. I really like these guys, though. Probably not in my top three, but maybe top ten. My list is something like Seragamma, Frostbite, Hellfire, these guys, Bleeding Moon, Grey/Fog, and Guardian/Shield.

I love the males of these guys more than the females. The females just don't seem to match proportions very well (it's hard, but the problems are very obvious in these sprites), and her wings seem weird. We're seeing her from slightly behind, but yet her far wing is more forward than the near one? She's pretty, but her neck, head shape and size, and wings just don't seem proportional to the male. Her back legs also seem longer, though obviously more bent. I can look past differences in mane and overall size as dimorphism, but not really those other things. :U

Tri-horns aren't in your top ten. Sci you traitor.

Seraggamas are my fifth favourite after the female Hellfire, the Avatars of creation and the Marrows.

Wouldn't place these guys in my top ten but they are definitely cute. I just don't like really bright, unnatural colours on dragons. (Like the rising suns, or the purple Erseliks. I'm such a hypocrite.)

Erseliks a best, but they ain't released, woman.

Shiny dragons, I like the color. Green ones look better in my opinion. The male sprite reminds me of an Eastern, perhaps because of the fur. The neck on the female is a bit thick, but it's still nice overall.

Edited by natli

I rather think of her as seen from slightly behind while in the process of turning to the left. That brings her far wing forward and explains the stretched right hind leg. For me, the head and neck in shape and size match the male (and each other), with the necks of both being on the beefy side. wink.gif (But that's OK, they have the chest to match.) Can't make out the greater length of the back legs, either. I guess I am imagining quite a different perspective/movement in that sprite than you are, that would explain the different impressions. (I'm not saying they are perfect in that regard, but I can't see any big faults.)

Well, there is a curious thing about the Tri-Horns - they always remind me of a kind of chocolate I like very much. Their wing pattern (female) reminds me very much of this. And since the chocolate is brown on the outside, but white on the inside, there is even more similarity. Even the light blue accents match. laugh.gif

Well, there is a curious thing about the Tri-Horns - they always remind me of a kind of chocolate I like very much. Their wing pattern (female) reminds me very much of this. And since the chocolate is brown on the outside, but white on the inside, there is even more similarity. Even the light blue accents match. laugh.gif

..Kinder eggs? Now THAT'S a first.

(I bet 100 CB gold dragons and the secret to make these guys yellow that you're not American.)

And about opinions and taste: Usually I only comment in all that elaborate detail if I like the dragon. If I don't (or at least am not overly fond), I just leave the comments to the people who love it, maybe mentioning that it isn't my cup of tea

OKAY!! You just made my Top Ten Best People on DC for that one comment! I could NEVER understand what kind of ego-feeding a person must need to post nasty comments about something that someone worked very hard on. You da bomb!!

ETA: Yup I've ALWAYS seen 'Undies' for this, and have always read Yosofine as Yo So Fine too.

No fight here, I love the Trihorns too. Along with a butt-load of others (that's way more than a boat-load)

Edited by oddsoxdi

..Kinder eggs? Now THAT'S a first.

(I bet 100 CB gold dragons and the secret to make these guys yellow that you're not American.)

Would have loved to call you on that, but of course you are right (and it wouldn't be much of a bet, since my profile tells my location, too wink.gif )

You mean this kind of bright, unnatural colours ? wink.gif

@oddsoxdi:

Too much praise there. There are lots of far better people on DC. But thank you nonetheless. smile.gif

And it has become a lot easier for me with the "lots and lots of releases per year" policy. I suspect many of the nastier comments aren't ego-feeding but just venting frustration, because they hoped for a wonderful dragon and got something, well, disappointing (at least for them). Sometimes voicing that frustrations helps to feel better. That's why sometimes I still mumble unhappily. In public (meaning the release threads). wink.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I like Kinder eggs and I'm American =P But i've also lived overseas, so maybe that's why

Really wanting adults now so i can try and breed for the yellow.

I'm in love with the green ones, haha. I really hope that when breeding they have a chance to still be green, not be yellow depending on pairings xd.png. That's not to say I don't like the yellow too, just the green is gorgeous!

I hope that they give both green and yellow babies. Of course I want yellow ones, but I do hope that they breed both colors as the green will probably look very pretty with Guardians of Nature.

Although it would be really interesting if greens were only available as cave born dragons--probably horrifying in terms of trade value, but interesting.

I LOVE these! So pretty. I actually think I prefer the blue/green to the gold; they look gorgeous with Brutes. Will definitely be starting a new lineage project with them.