TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

No, which leads to speculation that they may be breed-only, or perhaps influenced by the time of day, like the Sunrise/Sunset or Day/Night Glories. Or perhaps they are just a rare variant.

Ah, make sense.. Hopefully breed only imo.

All seven of my eggs hatched green. Now off to get the second batch if I'm lucky. smile.gif

Just gave some views via another site, and did not see a single yellow hatchie.

Not a good sign for them being CBs.

Could time of capture/hatching REALLY be the issue with so many different people having green only?

Last two hatched green here. Bummer. Wish I had thought about fogging until tonight before hand.

Could time of capture/hatching REALLY be the issue with so many different people having green only?

If it has to do with time being caught, they have just been able to hatch for a few hours. Until we've had a full 24 hours of hatching, we don't know if it's time caught.

If it has to do with time when it hatches, again, they have just begun to hatch. We need a full 24 hours of hatching to see if it that has anything to do with it.

If it's breeding, then we have a still have a few days until they start growing up to determine that one.

It still could. I wouldn't give up the possibility until one pm EST tomorrow(though I think after midnight the chances of it being time based are slim). Right now, none have been hatched at night(dragcave time).

I am SO hoping it is time based. I really really do not want it to be bred only.

Edited by Nectaris

If it has to do with time being caught, they have just been able to hatch for a few hours. Until we've had a full 24 hours of hatching, we don't know if it's time caught.

If it has to do with time when it hatches, again, they have just begun to hatch. We need a full 24 hours of hatching to see if it that has anything to do with it.

If it's breeding, then we have a still have a few days until they start growing up to determine that one.

I thought about that, but we've had people who have successfully EQed them, haven't we?

I've never liked CB alts, in the first place, because it makes people inclined to make the eggs harder to come by than the should be (I'm still trying to catch a CB Dorsal, of all things...) and kick all the eggs/hatchies to the AP.

I'm actually considering AP-ing or trading some of my new eggs away so I can get back to what I was doing before. Hmmm...

I thought about that, but we've had people who have successfully EQed them, haven't we?

I've never liked CB alts, in the first place, because it makes people inclined to make the eggs harder to come by than the should be (I'm still trying to catch a CB Dorsal, of all things...) and kick all the eggs/hatchies to the AP.

I'm actually considering AP-ing or trading some of my new eggs away so I can get back to what I was doing before. Hmmm...

There have been some successful EQ'd, but I'm not sure everyone stated what time they did it. Not enough information either way.

There have been some successful EQ'd, but I'm not sure everyone stated what time they did it. Not enough information either way.

My EQ was successful on four of the seven - the others were unaffected. My log says I did it at 4:07 PM yesterday afternoon.

Well, for statistics sake: I caught all of mine in the first hour of the release.

Influenced and incubated four of them, two from the Alpine, two from the Forest.

They just hatched, all are green.

The other three I'll keep for tomorrow morning my time, when it's "night" time on DC, and incubate/hatch then. If those are green, too, it could still be the time of catching that is relevant (as with the Glories), but I don't have eggs to test that.

And then there is the possibility of the "true" (breed only) Alt. Since we only have two of those so far (or do the Nebulae count, too ?), it would at least be interesting to see a third, albeit making them a pain to get. wink.gif

Well I love the s2 Hatchie's but I want some yellow ones im guessing no one has had any luck hatching yellows? Im fogging some one mine to see if hatching them at DC night changes anything.. one can hope right biggrin.gif

They seem difficult to get, or it is just me? mellow.gif

They are dropping much less often, but I am generally a very slow clicker and I just managed to catch two in the alpine about an hour ago. It just takes a bit of patience.

No yellow ones for me either. sad.gif I thought I'd be one of the only ones but I see everyone is having that problem.

Yeah, but he says if the egg is a hybrid or has a BSA. If we can't get them in the cave, I'd rather just be told so I don't go looking for something that isn't there.

From the release posts that are still up, it seems that the Ultraviolet and the Shallow Waters actually weren't announced as breed only. And although the post is gone, the banner for the Bluna release didn't state that it was breed only, but the Geode banner hinted at it, and the Autumns didn't indicate that the Summers would now breed Autums. And I don't think the Stripe release detailed the breed-only variations. The Soulpeace announcement said one of the eggs was breed-only (although that was easy to determine once the first person caught the other in the cave) and one of them had a BSA, but didn't specify which, and the Hellhorse was definitely specified as breed-only, but I think that it's likely that the Hellhorse was announced as breed-only because it was in the middle of the 7 day release and people we're already panicking about hunting and egg space.

We also weren't told about the Day Glory/Night Glory deal, I don't believe, but I don't recall about the Sunsrise/Sunsets.

So I think it's probably fair to say that there's a chance it goes either way with new releases.

But I agree that it would be nice to know where the Yellows are coming from. The suspense is killing me. smile.gif

What's considered 'night' on DC? I have an egg at 4d5h, maybe it'll go yellow.

What's considered 'night' on DC? I have an egg at 4d5h, maybe it'll go yellow.

6pm cave time, I think...

I have another crazy colour theory: yellow dragons take longer to develop and only hatch from unincubated eggs. biggrin.gif

Not a very likely theory, perhaps, but I think that would be cool!

Well, if so I have 3 incubated and one non incubated to test the theory smile.gif

They are dropping much less often, but I am generally a very slow clicker and I just managed to catch two in the alpine about an hour ago. It just takes a bit of patience.

I guess so smile.gif

I just caught one more. I hope they don't become rare.

I caught my first 4 at night, and the rest of them the next morning, so I guess I'll find out if I keep them all.

I expect they are going to be more rare than recent releases because people will still be trying to get the yellows, until it's confirmed if you can't get them CB.

The ones I picked up the next morning were a bit difficult to catch, and the ones I picked up about 5 hours after release were already well mixed with other eggs.

Not a fan of the random releases for this reason... not every release is going to be as abundantly common as the last three eggs were, and missing out on some might make them next to impossible to pick up later, like BluSangs, Opals, or Coppers (I have seen ONE copper egg since release, and I've been quite active in the cave.)

Edited by lean2fire

Walkinslow mentioned that it could be tied to how long it has in the egg to develop. Green from a shorter time, yellow for longer (kind of like green is less ripe xd.png). That could explain all of the greens since all the eggs hatched so far have been Earthquaked or Incubated.

I have to admit that even though that meant holding some of the eggs longer I'd kind of like that quirk.

My EQ was successful on four of the seven - the others were unaffected. My log says I did it at 4:07 PM yesterday afternoon.

What do you mean by EQ?