Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

To all those who feel down, just know you have friends even if you don't know them by sight, and just know that I will always say something ridiculous to cheer you up xd.png........ so my cheery thing of the day is:

Onions are not ketchup, there is a huge saucepan in the window, may you live long and jello.

If that made just one of you guys giggle at the silliness.... then I feel happy

*BIG HUGS FROM AUSTRALIA!!*

Edited by zorua9

Hey guys, I'm just a bit discouraged and I need some support.

I've been struggling with really bad death anxiety for the last few months. I know I always get like this when I've overworked myself or I'm just too tired, and last school year I was in grade 12 so I worked my butt off during exam season to get myself into university. Then I was dragged on a week-long road trip, and then to MathCamp with almost no time to rest in between. MathCamp is basically my favourite thing in the world, and I ended up having to spend a good chunk of it crying or sleeping in class and I'm still upset about that - but anyway. I've had almost a month to recover since then and I'm doing better than I was before, but sometimes at night I just suddenly realize that I'm not going to be here someday and it's back to full-on sobbing. And worse, when it happens, I can't sleep, which makes me tired again, which just makes the entire problem worse.

It's 3am over here right now. And I only have one more week until I'm shipped off to university. I have to un-screw my sleep schedule and recover from this by then if I want to focus on my classes, and somehow I don't think that's going to happen. Usually when I get like this I just try to take better care of myself for a week or so and then it's gone - but this time it's not working. I'm... kind of irrationally worried that I'll just be like this forever, to be honest.

user posted image

(you've probably seen this image like twenty times already, but still) (EDIT: WAIT NO À GHOST HUG MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST CHOICE THE IMAGE HAS BEEN CHANGED)

There's not much to do except focus on life -- easier said than done. You're not me, so my strategy of keeping myself busy and thinking of other things might not apply. You don't need to go out and do sports or anything, just occupy your mind. Bedtime is the worst, because your mind wanders and falls into a pit of despair while you're trying to sleep, but I find it helpful to imagine something else in those moments when you close your eyes -- pretending to astral project and imagining my stories are two of the things I do.

It's taking a bit longer than usual, as you said, but it will get better. I'm not sure what else to say.

P.S., I'll be rooting for you at university! smile.gif

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Hi! All I really need here is a hug and a break from life itself.

I just had a psychotic episode and I'd like some hugs and friends, because all the other places I usually go to when this happens aren't the safest at the moment.

Thank you

[Trigger warnings here: self-harm].

Well, I wrote a ridiculously long post but then deleted it because I didn't want to be obnoxious with my problems.

So basically I'll write the TL;DR version of it here.

While we appreciate the TW, we do ask that such topics not be brought up on this forum. Please get some professional help for these issues or at least poke around a forum meant to deal with these specific topics. <3

Sigh. I need serious help, I know. sad.gif

I'm supposed to start counseling again soon, but I doubt it'll be of any substantial help.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Hi! All I really need here is a hug and a break from life itself.

I just had a psychotic episode and I'd like some hugs and friends, because all the other places I usually go to when this happens aren't the safest at the moment.

Thank you

*hugs* We're here for you!

I want to stress here that this post is NOT meant to call anyone out. It is simply a reminder because we get quite a few posts dealing with sensitive topics in this thread. So I must post this reminder from the first post:

Please note that we are not trained and cannot give professional or medical support. If you need serious help, we recommend seeking professional help and ask you to refrain posting about such topics here. Such topics are very sensitive and do not belong on here; they include, but may not be limited to, dealing with: self-harm/self-injury, suicidal thoughts/urges, or eating disorders. Please get some professional help with these topics if you struggle from one or more of them. There are helplines and forums meant for dealing with these topics if you're not ready to talk about it face to face with anyone yet. But for your safety and the safety of our users, we must ask you to not ask for help regarding those sensitive subjects here on this forum or in this topic.

We care and love for you all, but there are just some things we are not equipped to deal with. I'm very sorry. I do wish all of you luck. I would offer PM if I thought I could help with these sensitive issues. But since I cannot - if you PM me and would like help, I will help find you a forum or helpline you can talk to. <3

[Trigger warnings here: self-harm].

Well, I wrote a ridiculously long post but then deleted it because I didn't want to be obnoxious with my problems.

So basically I'll write the TL;DR version of it here.

While we appreciate the TW, we do ask that such topics not be brought up on this forum. Please get some professional help for these issues or at least poke around a forum meant to deal with these specific topics. <3

Sigh. I need serious help, I know. sad.gif

I'm supposed to start counseling again soon, but I doubt it'll be of any substantial help.

If you're looking for a forum to discuss self-harm issues I would suggest buslist.org's forums, however I would stress that professional help should be sought and attempted over discussing it on forums. Personal experiences may inspire and help you with your own but please remember that the key word is 'personal.' How I dealt with depression and the urge for self-harm is vastly different to my ex, my close friend, my brother, and every patient I have ever worked with. Such forums will provide support and suggestions, but seek professional assistance in the first instance.

If you're looking for a forum to discuss self-harm issues I would suggest buslist.org's forums, however I would stress that professional help should be sought and attempted over discussing it on forums. Personal experiences may inspire and help you with your own but please remember that the key word is 'personal.' How I dealt with depression and the urge for self-harm is vastly different to my ex, my close friend, my brother, and every patient I have ever worked with. Such forums will provide support and suggestions, but seek professional assistance in the first instance.

Thank you for the site. I'll probably go take a look at it. ^^

I'm getting back into counseling soon, so I'll have someone to talk to about that. And also: sorry about that Sock! >_< It was like 2 in the morning and I was really stressed, probably should have thought about posting first.

My mom is going into the hospital for an angiogram and "possible surgery" on Thursday. Through testing they've found blockage in her heart and leg. It is very likely that she will have to stay overnight. And I'm kinda freaking. I live with my mother, and I know being alone here at night while she's in the hospital is going to mess with my head. I know she'll be in good hands, but the long list of 'don'ts' on the paperwork about the procedure does scare me. And I don't drive, so God forbid if something happens and I need to get to the hospital, I'd have to rely on a cab. I mean, the hospital is literally like a five minute drive from where I live, but still.

Edited by Marie19R

My mom is going into the hospital for an angiogram and "possible surgery" on Thursday. Through testing they've found blockage in her heart and leg. It is very likely that she will have to stay overnight. And I'm kinda freaking. I live with my mother, and I know being alone here at night while she's in the hospital is going to mess with my head. I know she'll be in good hands, but the long list of 'don'ts' on the paperwork about the procedure does scare me. And I don't drive, so God forbid if something happens and I need to get to the hospital, I'd have to rely on a cab. I mean, the hospital is literally like a five minute drive from where I live, but still.

Yes i know how scary something like this can be for you eight years ago my dad had to be shocked back six or more times becouse his heart rythem was off.He had to have a pace mark and defedulator put in. Then about three years aho this month he had a major heat attack.The vein that they call the widow marker was blocked almost all of it.If my dad did not have the pace marker slash defebulator in we would have lost him but that shocked him back.I hope you mom getts well very soon. I will keep you in my prays as well as all the rest who posted on here.

I feel dead inside -- not because of anything in particular, just schoolwork. Can I have a virtual hug?

Today's the second day of my second year of university, and I love it! Problem is, I don't like the work that's been hanging over my head all summer and it's all coming to bite me in the butt as I make a futile attempt to play catch-up. I've already set up an appointment with the school councilor (though she's booked up until october 1st!) to have a talk about my issues, but I dunno. I'm stressed since there's a lot of stuff due by friday and my mandatory coursework barely gives me enough time to do groceries and make food for myself (most days run 9 to 6, with wednesdays going from 10am to 9pm), but at the same time I don't feel the urgency I should be feeling since I constantly try to distract myself with other, more immediate things.

I don't even know what I'm doing on the forums right now. tongue.gif I think I may have a case of internet addiction, which is super hard since most of my work has to be done on the computer (and yes, I do have a website-blocking productivity app on my browser).

There's my rant of the day. Hopefully it all works out before I'm forced to find a job this winter for my program's work term.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

I feel dead inside -- not because of anything in particular, just schoolwork. Can I have a virtual hug?

*hugs you*

I'm sorry about that! I know how that can be. I've got a bad habit of putting off work until the last second. It's not great.

I hope everything works out for you! I believe in you, if it means anything! ^‿^

I had a procedure yesterday that gave me three different ways I could end up potentially passing away; I could have had my liver bleed out, I could have leaked bile leading to sepsis, or one side of my chest could have collapsed. For a simple biopsy.

When it comes to medical interventions we are required to let you know how it can go wrong, so that when you consent to treatment it is valid. It's not there to scare you but instead let you know what the one-in-ten-thousand odds are, the same way medications list side-effects that those few people who get them will only get a handful of at most, not the whole list. So while yes, it can sound scary, you're far more likely to have your Mum home soon needing a few weeks rest rather than anything more. Angiograms are reasonably safe and routine these days.

*hugs all around*

Monday was supposed to be my court hearing to legally change my name. I thought it was going to be approved no problem, but apparently I'd been living just south of the county line for half a year, and in this state you're required to live in the same county for a year. So, name change was denied, and I'm stuck with my birth name until bleeping May.

I could barely last the two months it took for all the legal stuff to go through... my birth name contributes to my dysphoria, and it's only gotten worse since it got denied. I don't know how I'm going to find the strength to deal with it.

Started school and I hate it. I don't fit in. I have yet to make more friends. Everyone's sucking face and being lovey dovey. The school has no AC...

Dad is still being an absolute jerk and this time, it's because my disabilities 'aren't real'. According to him I don't have anxiety depression and whatever else is wrong with me. Whatever. I'm so far down in my little depression hole..I sit alone in the hallway for lunch..the guy friend I had hardly remembers me(and we were like, the best of friends back then)..my friends changed numbers and I don't see them in any of my classes so I'm alone...

Three weeks into school and this is my new life. Great. I can watch people be happy at least..always feels nice to imagine what that's like.

The worst part now is, there's a huge black spider in my room, under my bed. And...that speaks for itself, I am not going in there. I'd rather burn my room down. This is only because I don't like surprises (like a bug jumpscare), and last time I let one stay under there, it crawled across my CHEST while I slept, I woke up to it crawling onto my CHEEK. Same type of spider so..at least my brother's in College, so I can seek refuge in his room. There's also this strange looking one in the garden, it looks venomous to me...and I've never seen it here, and when looking up spiders that are native here, it doesn't show up..it's also kind of fuzzy looking.

On the bright side..my friend saw my fanfiction about my WoW character..and he just loves it.

I'm so sorry to everyone I'm letting down.

I can't go on. This is too hard..

A lot of people I know expect the world of me, I can't do that.

Every time I try, it's not enough and I feel horrible about it all.

I know that the few people who do support me love me to the moon and back,

But slowly, they've been waning.

I don't have as many friends anymore, my dad is moving and senior year is soon.

There's a black hole swallowing my life and everything I love is following me in.

I don't want to stay like this...

*sends lots of hugs to everyone* I know it's an overused phrase, but this too shall pass. It may not feel that way right now, but life will go on and things will change.

nothing is perfect, that is what makes this world we live in so damn fun.... and sad..........

*hugs everyone*

don't worry, the bananana is here to help....... do not do the hokie pokie infront of a dragon..... you will become le dim sim........

honestly, I do wish everyone well, and anyone who is dealing with self harm.... do not feel bad for 1 sec to contact me, cause my bad humour tends to cheer people up.

Today's the second day of my second year of university, and I love it! Problem is, I don't like the work that's been hanging over my head all summer and it's all coming to bite me in the butt as I make a futile attempt to play catch-up. I've already set up an appointment with the school councilor (though she's booked up until october 1st!) to have a talk about my issues, but I dunno. I'm stressed since there's a lot of stuff due by friday and my mandatory coursework barely gives me enough time to do groceries and make food for myself (most days run 9 to 6, with wednesdays going from 10am to 9pm), but at the same time I don't feel the urgency I should be feeling since I constantly try to distract myself with other, more immediate things.

I don't even know what I'm doing on the forums right now. tongue.gif I think I may have a case of internet addiction, which is super hard since most of my work has to be done on the computer (and yes, I do have a website-blocking productivity app on my browser).

There's my rant of the day. Hopefully it all works out before I'm forced to find a job this winter for my program's work term.

I totally get that feeling. I ended up putting off a ton of stuff over the summer, too, and distracting myself with other things. Anyway... I had a professor a long time ago who was an absolutely awful excuse for a human being. But, she did give all of her students one worthwhile piece of advice. One of her many "catch phrases" was: "How do you eat a whole elephant? One bite at a time."

Maybe try to break the work you have to do up into smaller "chunks" and think of it in terms of pieces. Instead of thinking about how much you ultimately have to do, set small, short-term goals. And then when you meet those short-term goals, reward yourself and give yourself a little time to take a step back, breathe, and think about other things or do something you enjoy. It seems silly, but sometimes just thinking of it in terms of "Okay! X more pages before I can have that chocolate bar/watch that TV show/whatever" is a lot less overwhelming than thinking about how much needs to be done before you get to the finish line.

So, yeah. Take a deep breath, and try just taking it step by step. Make sure to celebrate small victories. And if you start feeling burned out, give yourself permission to walk away for a bit and take a break. Have a cup of coffee, if you like. Or go for a walk and mull over what you did for a bit without the pressure of staring at the page. When you sit back down, you may come at it with a fresher perspective that makes it easier.

If you have a mall near where you are, they're one of my absolute favorite places to work, because if I get stuck, I can walk around and take some time to collect my thoughts. And then there are chairs all over the place, so when I'm ready to go back to work, I can sit myself down in a new place, and the change of scenery is actually really helpful. Parks work, too, but they're more weather dependent.

Basically, just be kind to yourself. I know that's the absolute hardest thing to do, but it's important. Just remember, you can get it done. And it is definitely okay to have those moments where you have to take a step back and say "I can't do this now. I need to eat/sleep/whatever". You'll end up doing much better work if you allow yourself those moments rather than trying to just power through.

Ugh. I hate this school.

Since we're the "elite" of the school, we're supposed to be the "perfect influence" on the other grades below us. We're treated like children and expected to act like adults. You'd think, that because of our actual GRADE LEVEL, we wouldn't be treated like we're perfect doctors, lawyers, anyone who has a huge amount of responsibility, but we are. And you'd THINK that they'd give us a little leeway to do things because we're so overburdened, but noooo it's "be perfect, or be suspended." Whether it's ARR or out of school suspension or even expulsion. "Be perfect," they tell us. Well I got news for ya, we're humans. we're flawed. And so are you. So stop telling us to be something we're not, something YOU'RE not.

So there's this girl in 3 of my classes. Language Arts, Social Studies, Math. She's always calling me out, making fun of me. She called me a "fake" because I only wore crutches for 1 day, and what HAPPENED was that I wore them for the whole weekend, got tired of them and bought a walking boot. Which TOTALLY means that I am COMPLETELY better and this HULKING MASS OF A SHOE IS A FASHION STATEMENT! Right. And THEN. I know she was talking about me because she kept giggling as I walked by. And I heard her, I heard her say "My cousin dresses like that, and they're a boy". And you know, that hurts. A lot. AND when I was telling my crutch story to my friend, she walked by and was like "Shut UP, NO ONE CARES," And I said "Hey, he asked!" And then she turns around and yells "Shut UP! Don't TALK to me, loser!"

Oh. She also asked why I never brushed my hair. Because... 7th period is TOTALLY the time when my hair is brushed, after everything. Logic. Yeah.

Also, my science teacher is REALLY MEAN. She hated my brother, she hates me and she's a horrible person.

So my brother had a condition, and it made it really hard for him to focus. And he's really into Minecraft, and she knew it. So one day he walked in without his homework finished and she asked if he played Minecraft last night and if that was why he didn't have it done. He said "no" because he had honestly tried, and SHE, SHE said that it was bull****.

And now, I have a really low grade and she called me up and goes "EMMA! Your mom sent me an email that you were worried about your grade. If you were really that worried, you'd try harder, You DON'T have your ink on paper assignment done, your table of contents is not glued in, and these notes are barely notes!" And I was thinking what the heck! So tell me how to fix them and I'll be on my way! and I said "No look, the paper is sticky, it fell out." And then she told me I didn't know what glue was because there was so totally no glue on the back, and I was like yeah because it DRIED! That's what glue DOES!

So then I walked back to my seat with glassy eyes and the girls across the table said "What's the matter, did you get a bad grade or something?" And I know they were talking about me because they kept looking at me, whispering, and laughing hysterically and I just want to sink into the ground and disappear.

She also targeted the Daily Science Review directly at me. It was "go to skyward and look at your grade. How do you feel about it, ashamed?"

Then she gave this talk to the "whole class" when really THAT was directed at me too, because my mom had sent her an email asking how to fix my grade and that science teacher, she said "We're responsible for the 46 minutes of class we have you. If you have bad grade and want to know who's fault it is, take a look in the mirror."

Also, playing tests for orchestra. INCREDIBLY stressful. As we are in Chamber, she judges us harshly. So I'm tied with a friend for first chair (yayy) but this guy keeps telling me that I'm going to lose, I'm going to lose, she's going to win, I'm not gonna be tied for very long, she's going to win..." and then he tells her in my presence "Push her out of first chair, please!" and I'm like "what the heck did I ever do to you?"

I have a bunch of straws on my back, and sooner or later I'm going to snap because I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.

oh dear... that sounds awful///

does the school that you go to have a councilor? i think you should really talk to a councilor/parent about this, especially with that girl being a bully and from what you said, your science teacher isn't being professional at all. that's inappropriate of the teacher to publicly embarrass you in front of the class.

if possible, you might want to talk to admin about your teacher because that just sounds terrible and she shouldn't judge you based upon how your brother did in the class ://

oh my gosh the boy in your orchestra class should just bug off, that's just rude :/

This is actually a great idea! It's always nice to see a safe space for people who need it and sometimes talking to a "stranger" is more helpful than someone you know! At least it can be for me...

I can offer to listen to anyone who needs it; I'm in a professional counseling program, but it does NOT mean I'm qualified to do ACTUAL counseling (which I will no do...since it's both illegal and not ethical).

Anyway, glad to see this up here, and with being new, I'd love to try and make some friends! laugh.gif

*offers a round of hugs*

I suffer/suffered through many things. And I am in therapy (finding the right therapist was key!).

My mood is a bit off lately, but I think it's mostly my changed meds. I'm pretty good for the most. So anyone needs a hug... I'm here.

Any trich sufferers out there?

I hate my sister, she's a monster.

She rips up my art and laughs, calling it junk and will take the opportunity to ruin smething I've made if I'm not around to protect it. Yesterday, she threw my favorite dragon necklace over a bridge. I believe in luck and that necklace was what kept my hopes up when times were bad. Now it's gone and I don't know what to do..

I'm lost, I..I just don't know what to do.

One of my best friends from 6th grade passed away this morning. We drifted apart after 7th grade but we were so close. He had an account here, and I had never known.

I'm broken, everything is falling apart and I can't do a thing about it.

</3

So I'm living away from home for the first time and I haven't found a job yet, mostly because I haven't been trying hard enough. I'm not going to sugar coat that, job searches are hard and I'm a slacker. That's not what I'm here about, though... I just got a text from my dad asking me how things were going and saying that it's been a long time since I called.

I don't want to reply to it, or call him back. I don't want to have to admit that I haven't found a job yet, and just go through the same old thing, and I feel so guilty about that. But what can I say? The only thing that will stop him from giving me the same old lecture is to say I have a job, and that would be a lie.

Either way I feel guilty as all get out, and I've spent today feeling worthless and getting absolutely nothing done with my job search because I've been trying to make myself feel better instead. Bah, being related to people is so hard.